[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

done watching episode 2.. i am so thrilled how will this story unfolds.. it keeps bugging me if who's the real monster here? and I'm sure there is something behind that "the key to my life" thing that Kang Chul keeps saying. Is it something that he wants to be alive for real not just in the webtoon? lol :P 

me watching this drama be like Yeon Joo... what the hell is happening?? hahaha so excited for this drama! can't wait.

Cn9bVkHUAAIjh6y.jpg

and it's like "what?? 1 hour passed already???" next episode palli!!! :D 

Cn9bW_MVYAIXYG1.jpg

• Like 10

15 hours ago, ferlycious said:

done watching episode 2.. i am so thrilled how will this story unfolds.. it keeps bugging me if who's the real monster here? and I'm sure there is something behind that "the key to my life" thing that Kang Chul keeps saying. Is it something that he wants to be alive for real not just in the webtoon? lol :P 

me watching this drama be like Yeon Joo... what the hell is happening?? hahaha so excited for this drama! can't wait.

and it's like "what?? 1 hour passed already???" next episode palli!!! :D 

Mod edit: Do not quote pictures.

Me: "What? It's only been a day?"

I seriously need ep. 3 now.

• Like 5

LKSDJFLKASJDFHSDAOIFJLKSADFLKSADJFKLSDJFLKSDAJFLKSDJFKLSDJFLK!!!

ZOMG OMG!!!

I just watched the first episode and the story is so unique zomg I fell in love from the first episode!

I hope the rest of the drama would be as unique as the first one! Loving it to death now! Glad I tried to watch it!

• Like 6

“W” And “Uncontrollably Fond” Compete For Ratings

W-Uncontrollably-Fond.jpg

The competition for Wednesday-Thursday dramas is getting fierce.

KBS 2TV’s “Uncontrollably Fond” and MBC’s “W” continue to battle for ratings.

Previously, “Uncontrollably Fond” received 12.9 percent ratings while “W” got 8.6 percent ratings for their July 20 episodes. However, it looks like the gap between the two dramas is getting smaller.

Ratings research company Nielsen Korea revealed the July 21 episode ratings. “Uncontrollably Fond” drew 11.1 percent nationwide ratings resulting in a 1.8 percent decrease from its previous episode. The drama still maintained its first place spot.

“W” is showing signs of growing popularity as it enjoyed a 0.9 percent increase resulting in 9.5 percent ratings. Meanwhile, SBS’s “Wanted” came in third place with 6.5 percent ratings.

Viewers are eyeing the competition between the dramas and wondering which drama will come out on top.

“W” airs every Wednesday and Thursday on MBC. Catch the latest episode on Viki!

cr: soompi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hospital scene BTS with chinese sub

That's hilarious! Tae Wan was saying it's hot, then HHJ told him that he should strip.
HHJ then said she don't used to make jokes like this. LJS remarked that she has reached that age (to make this kind of joke). LOL

cr: LJS Baidu

• Like 11

@MarieJose Sorry, I know you addressed Rania, but might this be the article you're looking for? Not sure if this has already been shared because there's too many pages to backtrack lol. The comment about how W shouldn't worry about ratings is now the top comment with 10k upvotes lol.

[naver] KIM WOOBIN VS LEE JONSUK... CLOSE PURSUIT, THE MEANING OF 1.6% DIFFERENCE

Posted on 8:42 PM by kei z

2016072301001801300128622_99_20160722104
2016072301001801300128621_99_20160722104

Article talks about how there's a ratings war between the 2 dramas right now. Their highest ratings are 1.6% apart from each other (with Uncontrollably fond leading)

post response: +157
Untitled%2B1.bmp
original post: here

1. [+3159, -104]
There was a time when actors were the ones who decided the fate of viewer ratings but not anymore. Now people will decide to watch a drama only on the basis of how fun it is

2. [+3355, -179]
W shouldn't be worried on their ratings, it's so refreshing and fun

3. [+2862, -212]
When he/she said "What the hell are you?" I got so much goosebumps this drama is freaking fun ㄷㄷㄷㄷ Seriously an hour went so fast.. The crazy drama of the season is definitely W

4. [+2414, -199]
Next week, the tables will turn for sure!!

5. [+2127, -166]
W is seriously fun ㄷㄷ

6. [+628, -59]
W is so refreshing, they have a story line that has never been used before so I'm more attracted to it. Uncontrollably fond is kinda cliche and didn't meet my expectations... W will be the winner

7. [+590, -61]
All the dramas that Lee Jongsuk plays in are fun... He really has eyes to choose his work~

8. [+530, -47]
Nowadays I don't care whether you're a top star or not... I'll watch only for the plot

9. [+526, -71]
By next week, W will win the heart of the general public!!! I'll wait until next week~!

10. [+444, -49]
I really wonder what is the true plot of W so it's freaking fun ㄷㄷㄷAnd it's freaking goosebumps inducing... It's so obvious that W was throughoutly thought out. Song Jaejong writer's dialogues are all excellent. And Jung Daeyoon director's sense is witty and cool. The actors are of course daebak too, they fit their characters

http://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2016/07/naver-kim-woobin-vs-lee-jonsuk-close.html

This is the original article: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0002961299

• Like 10

Was away on vacation and damn this thread is moving way too fast, my poor soul unable to do all back reading :( and duh i missed lot na i missed presscon and first 2 epis errr ... but i keep an eye on news related W and to be very honest i was too disappointed by first epi rating chincha this show deserve more and was so mad but after seeing 2nd epi rating now i am little relax as it showing improvement and i have faith with coming epi its will improve more and will be slot leader... so cheers Worldies increase rating is positive sign we will be slot leader soon...

Oka now me going to get my self lost in  W, to marathon back to back two epi than will back :)

• Like 6

what a fun show :D obviously the true god of this drama is the drama writer, sorry Han Hyo Joo's dad :P:P:P

I like the idea of fictional character breaks out of their 2D world and interact with the creator. So far so good. Can't wait for more :D

P.S. Han Hyo Joo is ridiculously adorable :D:D

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, uknowahah said:

Exactly! I kinda mentioned this before. YJ's dad most definitely have a reason for his killing frenzy - and a good reason. The first thing he asked when he sees his daughter was if she was okay. Somehow he got the notion that KC would harm YJ. I'm not sure if it's just the paranoia caused by his fictional creation gaining his own free-will or perhaps he already foreseen something that bad might happen. So, YJ's dad is unlikely to be the bad baddie here. Whether KC could be the real antagonist in the story is still up for debate. Chances are KC might not know it himself; could it be that KC has a doppelganger (w = double you)? The hooded man? The manifestation of his hatred? It's fictional so the possibilities are endless. Whatever, we are in for a good ride. 

ooooh! 'double you'! I really love that theory!

I also have another theory... When Yeon Joo got sucked into Kang Chul's world, she was added to the webtoon and everything she did was published onto the webtoon. I don't think Yeon Joo's father was sucked into the webtoon world cause he wasn't added to the webtoon (unless he's the exception). Kang Chul is also loved by the readers since he's that perfect guy. So Yeon Joo's father must've seen Kang Chul doing something that made him think that Kang Chul is a monster outside the webtoon (Possibly when he was drawing him). A hand also went through the screen and grabbed Yeon Joo's father in the long preview too so maybe that has something to do with Yeon Joo's father being so afraid of Kang Chul. But it could be anyone's hand... it could be Kang Chul or the hooded man...

So many theories... I'm loving all these theorising XD

• Like 7

14 hours ago, uknowahah said:

Hospital scene BTS with chinese sub

Mod edit: Do not quote videos.

That's hilarious! Tae Wan was saying it's hot, then HHJ told him that he should strip.
HHJ then said she don't used to make jokes like this. LJS remarked that she has reached that age (to make this kind of joke). LOL

cr: LJS Baidu

Lolololol HHJ's thirst. I don't blame you girl. LTH is hottt but so very youngggg omg. I just Googled him! 1995er omggg 

But I wouldn't mind a gratuitous shirtless scene in the drama. Just imagine if there's a practice fight scene with shirtless KC and bodyguard (I'm so bad. I still can't memorize the side characters' names TT-TT).

Sweaty... toned... bodies.... *nosebleed but at the same time 1995er............ soooooo... young........ lol

Also love how LJS is always teasing HHJ about being old lmao

• Like 11

OH MY...I'm watching ep 1 now and I'm loving it. I'm a big fan of webtoons so the concept of this drama is really interesting and my kinda thing. I love the dad's office (so many cool artistic sketches and drawings...of jong suk :D) NICE CHOICE SUKKI...

Also...so glad he didn't commit suicide/jump off that bridge...don't really like the suicide themes...or bridges ;);)  (@Rania Zeid)

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, VIP_Cake said:

ooooh! 'double you'! I really love that theory!

I also have another theory... When Yeon Joo got sucked into Kang Chul's world, she was added to the webtoon and everything she did was published onto the webtoon. I don't think Yeon Joo's father was sucked into the webtoon world cause he wasn't added to the webtoon (unless he's the exception). Kang Chul is also loved by the readers since he's that perfect guy. So Yeon Joo's father must've seen Kang Chul doing something that made him think that Kang Chul is a monster outside the webtoon (Possibly when he was drawing him). A hand also went through the screen and grabbed Yeon Joo's father in the long preview too so maybe that has something to do with Yeon Joo's father being so afraid of Kang Chul. But it could be anyone's hand... it could be Kang Chul or the hooded man...

So many theories... I'm loving all these theorising XD

The only way to explain YJ's dad's disappearance is that he was sucked into the webtoon as well. But yeah, it's weird that his experience wasn't depicted in the actual comic. I think one of the critical point that eventually led to YJ's dad deranged behavior and obsession over killing KC lies in the chapter where KC was about to jump into Han river. Did he meant to end the series there, but somehow that was the first time KC possessed some free will that he himself decided to live on? Or perhpas YJ's dad changed his mind on killing him because he did say he regretted it. Somehow after that incident, YJ's dad started seeing a monster in him. I don't know who grabbed and dragged him in - the hand does look like KC's (bloodied) but apparently he don't remember doing so (he don't remember dragging YJ in either) - which led me to believe what he remembers might not be everything. 

I'm just fantasizing randomly because there's so much potential. I'm sure whatever the writer has in store for us won't let us down. :blush:

@ohnoitscindy HHJ is really starting to sound like an ahjumma. HAHAHA. What?? He's 1995er?? and to think he plays a character aged 31.... 

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, VIP_Cake said:

I was checking out snapchat and I realised that 'W' was playing in Jessi's snapchat story!!! :D 

(Jessi a popular korean rapper who appeared on Unpretty Rapstar Vol 1)

it was this scene:

Eee I hope more celebs will post about W on their social media accounts, esp Jung Joon Young since he's part of the OST. Give me that song already TT-TT But yeah, you can't say no to free promo :lol:

16 minutes ago, Rania Zeid said:

Leejongsuk & Hanhyojoo will appear on Section TV on July 24th  at 3:45pm (KST) . 

Why does Sunday still feel so far away lol. Hope this interview segment will be just as fun as their previous one, if not more since Soo Bong (I remembered one side character!) and dad will be there as well!

• Like 5

Just now, ohnoitscindy said:

Eee I hope more celebs will post about W on their social media accounts, esp Jung Joon Young since he's part of the OST. Give me that song already TT-TT But yeah, you can't say no to free press :lol:

Why does Sunday still feel so far away lol. Hope this interview segment will be just as fun as their previous one, if not more since Soo Bong and dad will be there as well!

i think it will be hhahahaahha can't wait ..god everything abt this drama is so goo on TV and  behind the scenes :D  

• Like 2

I already finished watching episode 1 & 2 ...and I'm happy to see good comments for the drama.... well it's so d*** good to be honest ...who wouldn't like it anyway... though in dramabeans there are still 3 comments out of  230 comments that said they aren't impressed that much... 

I'm excited for Section tv interview this will be 2nd time ...and it reminds me of LJS ugly drawing of HHJ...hahahaha that funny moment...anyway I'm still downloading episode 2 ...

I wonder why after that suicidal attempt.... the webtoon creates story on it's own.... and it already depends on our OTP how the webtoon will continue... this is so exciting and unpredictable...that is why it catches so many viewers attention... 

• Like 5