[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

GAAH~~ My iPod got corrupted! X(

Is there any ways to restore all my precious mp3s without reformatting it???

And does anyone here also run into this kind of problem too? Can u please enlighten me what are the probable cause of this corruption??

*Btw, I have iPod nano 2nd gen.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Babysoul

I have a question... Sometimes, when I turn my iPod nano (1st gen) on (after I shut it off and put it on hold), it won`t turn on on the first try or the black screen with the apple logo appears and THEN it turns on. Is that normal? o___o

Guest annyong

has anyone got one of those nike ipod things? they look pretty cool and im thinking of getting an ipod just for that, cos im into running and that. just wondering what they're like.

Is there a way to find out how much warranty you have left just by the serial number?

yeah go here:

http://www.apple.com/support/

enter your serial in the box on the right hand side down a bit under

About Your Support Coverage

@babysoul: if you don't use your ipod for a long time, say maybe 12 hours, it will completely switch off. the apple logo appears when turning back on for real. this is totally fine.

@tin: what exactly is wrong with your ipod? i had a load of problems with my old ipod (old 3rd gen ipod without a clickwheel). maybe i can help, otherwise check out the apple support pages linked above.

Guest kangxbyul

And does anyone here also run into this kind of problem too? Can u please enlighten me what are the probable cause of this corruption??

Oh no :unsure: That happened to me a few months ago when I had my mini ipod but I had too many songs that I didn't know which song caused my ipod to be corrupted so I had to delete everything and put everything over again. I hope you have backup files for your mp3s. Sadly, I didn't and it was a pain :(

@tin: what exactly is wrong with your ipod? i had a load of problems with my old ipod (old 3rd gen ipod without a clickwheel). maybe i can help, otherwise check out the apple support pages linked above.

I dunno, it was working all fine the day before it got corrupted.

The last thing i remember, I was listening to it @ 12am then the battery got drained, I was sleeping that time so I leave it 'til the nxt morning. The time I woke up, I charged it for 2hrs. Then when I'm about to unplug the charger it says on the screen that I need to connect my iPod to PC and 'Restore' it in iTunes. X(

Oh no :unsure: That happened to me a few months ago when I had my mini ipod but I had too many songs that I didn't know which song caused my ipod to be corrupted so I had to delete everything and put everything over again. I hope you have backup files for your mp3s. Sadly, I didn't and it was a pain :(

Nope, i didnt back 'em up. Coz I'm confident that i won't xperience any problem w/ iPod nano ...in which I was wrong. >__<;;

I had no choice but to reformat it and compress each mp3s i had before ima ipod. :wacko: *sigh*

Yea~ from now on, I'll make it a habit to back up my 'compressed' mp3 files for my iPod. :sweatingbullets:

I dunno, it was working all fine the day before it got corrupted.

The last thing i remember, I was listening to it @ 12am then the battery got drained, I was sleeping that time so I leave it 'til the nxt morning. The time I woke up, I charged it for 2hrs. Then when I'm about to unplug the charger it says on the screen that I need to connect my iPod to PC and 'Restore' it in iTunes. X(

Nope, i didnt back 'em up. Coz I'm confident that i won't xperience any problem w/ iPod nano ...in which I was wrong. >__<;;

I had no choice but to reformat it and compress each mp3s i had before ima ipod. :wacko: *sigh*

Yea~ from now on, I'll make it a habit to back up my 'compressed' mp3 files for my iPod. :sweatingbullets:

i have a similar problem and i need help too. my ipod is new its a 30 GB and all of a sudden it says the file or directory is corrupt and it says to run chkdsk utility

PLEASE HELP ASAP! thanks ^^

Guest gul_funky

seems my wanna-ask question had been asked for many times but i didnt get the appropriate answer....

i've converted a video as mpeg4 format using videora converter and when i tried to sync it to my ipod..it doesnt work...

i also had tried to play it with quicktime and it can play the video...

thats the prob...when i tried to drag it to my ipod folder using itune,it doesnt work...

and fyi..i'm using ipod 2gen...

ive had my 5th gen 60gb for almost a year, my warranty runs out in 6 days. I decided to go to the apple support site (wanna replace battery before warranty expires), i put in all this info about servicing my ipod, then the last page they ask me for 33 bucks just on shipping.... WTF? Do they even replace your battery, even though mine is still living? THose do it yourself kits r even cheaper.

seems my wanna-ask question had been asked for many times but i didnt get the appropriate answer....

i've converted a video as mpeg4 format using videora converter and when i tried to sync it to my ipod..it doesnt work...

i also had tried to play it with quicktime and it can play the video...

thats the prob...when i tried to drag it to my ipod folder using itune,it doesnt work...

and fyi..i'm using ipod 2gen...

:unsure: isnt 2gen the nano?

you cant put videos in nano, unless you hack the apple site or something.

my friend's brother got videos in his nano..

:unsure: isnt 2gen the nano?

you cant put videos in nano, unless you hack the apple site or something.

my friend's brother got videos in his nano..

you can NOT watch videos on a nano (only the ipod video 5g)...at least with thhe stock apple firmware. so fooling around with itunes+nano wont help.

as far as i know, you can watch videos with a ipod linux firmware. but only fool around with that if you know what you are doing.

i have a similar problem and i need help too. my ipod is new its a 30 GB and all of a sudden it says the file or directory is corrupt and it says to run chkdsk utility

PLEASE HELP ASAP! thanks ^^

Try loading iTunes, plug in the iPod, and choosing the Restore button on the iPod screen in iTunes.

In the future, make sure you always press the eject button next to your iPod name in Itunes prior to disconnecting the iPod.

ive had my 5th gen 60gb for almost a year, my warranty runs out in 6 days. I decided to go to the apple support site (wanna replace battery before warranty expires), i put in all this info about servicing my ipod, then the last page they ask me for 33 bucks just on shipping.... WTF? Do they even replace your battery, even though mine is still living? THose do it yourself kits r even cheaper.

I doubt they would unless you were having serious problems with battery life. You could go to an Apple store if you had one nearby and pretend to have problems with it but I can't really recommend it.

My 60 gig 5th generation iPod is 14 or so months old, and still happily gets over 16 hours of battery life. I've learnt to ignore the meter - it's pretty pessimistic and will go red even though there's at least another 8 or so hours to go.

To maximise your battery life, try following the info on this page: http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/service/battery/

On this page they detail out of warranty battery replacement service which costs 59 USD + 6.95 USD shipping. They simply replace your ipod with either a new or refurbished ipod, and none of your music will be transferred.

does anyone know a good ipod video converters?

you shouldve looked at the other posts before yo posted. this was asked like 3249872457 times.

the best one would be jodix free ipod convertor.

Archived