[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have a 20 GB Wheel Click ( Im guessing the 4th edition). I was listening to it and all of a sudden it froze and when I tried to turn it on it came up with a folder. I went to Apple.com and i tried to do what they said but when i plug in my ipod to my computer it doesn't show up on itunes also, I can't charge it. It keeps on showing th folder and also a battery symbol. I can't charge it nor does it appear on itunes.. I know it's not broken because it still turns on. I might just have to download the right updater but i dont know which one to download. Help me please.. i hope i made sense..also i updated to Itunes 7..

ok um.. did you try restarting the whole ipod? like for example, the new 5G's have this function for resetting the ipod. You hold the button in the middle and the menu button at the same time for like 5-6 seconds and it will restart. I'm not sure if that's the same for the previous generations. You might have to input all your songs again though if it works..

my itunes program wouldnt open. i've installed and reinstall over and over again but it wouldnt open. i double click but it doesnt open. what's wrong?

Did you remove the itunes using the control panel method? or you just deleted the folder?

go to start>> control panel>> add/remove programs>> search for your itunes program on the list, click on it, then on the right, click the change/remove tab. Then reinstall itunes.

I don't know why but after I convert all my videos. I can't seem to drag it into iTunes. :(

Did you try adding it in itunes using the file >> add file or add folder function? Maybe the conversion went wrong, because when mine goes wrong, it won't add..

Many pages for reading.

I'm so lazy <---- I'm bad,I know.

But can I ask you huys question?

I've just format my computer.

And I have re-installed itune7.

But system or program doesn't work like the past.

When I import songs to libraly.

Songs are set to a-z (my eng is very poor)

Okay if you don't have any idea what I am talking about.

Example:

normal itune

track 1 cccc

track 2 aaa

track 3 bbbb

But my itune is

track 2 aaa

track 3 bbb

track 1 ccc

^

^

^

like this

How to solve this problem?

I want it back.

So you want your track to go in order and not your artists right? Ok um.. go into your music library. Do you see the "Name" tab on the top left-ish, click on that... should solve your problem.

Guest aznfishyfart

ok um.. did you try restarting the whole ipod? like for example, the new 5G's have this function for resetting the ipod. You hold the button in the middle and the menu button at the same time for like 5-6 seconds and it will restart. I'm not sure if that's the same for the previous generations. You might have to input all your songs again though if it works..

its an old feature i have it on my gen 3? ipod

the one with the touch buttons

u will NOT have to reinput ur songs

its just like restarting your computer, and u dont need to reinstall windows everytime

Guest Lets_Be

i reformatted my computer and i thought i saved all my music on winrar, but it said i needed a another c.d, but i don't have anymore c.ds...

anyway,

i was wondering if there was a program that would put my songs on my ipod onto my computer

Guest **ThatGirlPhuong

CopyPod has a free trial for 14 days :] I have the full version though but you'll have to PM me for that.. haha

It doesn't take up a lot of space and is pretty easy to use.

One thing I don't like is the way they name the file once they put it on your computer.

Lets take some random thing..

Artist: SE7EN

Album: Se7olution

Song Name: lalala

It comes up as..

SE7EN -- Se7olution -- lalala

or something like that.

Guest kinesis

question, citibank's thankyou network promotion ( http://www.thankyounetwork.com ) allows me to get a 1GB ipod nano (black/white) for 16,800 points, and i have enough.. should i just save up to 24,600 points for a 2gb ipod?? i think it'll take way too long to get another 8,000 points. sorry this question is kinda not ipod-specific related. well, how about this: is the 1GB worth getting? about how many songs does 1 GB hold?

Guest aznfishyfart

question, citibank's thankyou network promotion ( http://www.thankyounetwork.com ) allows me to get a 1GB ipod nano (black/white) for 16,800 points, and i have enough.. should i just save up to 24,600 points for a 2gb ipod?? i think it'll take way too long to get another 8,000 points. sorry this question is kinda not ipod-specific related. well, how about this: is the 1GB worth getting? about how many songs does 1 GB hold?

look at all ur music and see how much u have (1 gb is maybe like 200-330 songs)

personally i would jsut buy an ipod instead of using my points for it.....

o and i love ur baby bender avatar

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question....is it possible to have itunes on more that one comp? like add songs on itunes but without deleting the existing songs on your ipod? because i have more than one comp and i have diff songs on each and i don't want to be sending them all onto my other comp just so i can put songs on my ipod...is that possible? thanks in advance!

I have a question....is it possible to have itunes on more that one comp? like add songs on itunes but without deleting the existing songs on your ipod? because i have more than one comp and i have diff songs on each and i don't want to be sending them all onto my other comp just so i can put songs on my ipod...is that possible? thanks in advance!

no... you can only use itunes in one computer if you want to keep your songs. If you try to add songs on another computer with another itunes, your previous ones will be deleted and replaced by the new ones.

^uhh, are you sure because i can do that just fine ;)

as long as you have auto sync off/ you can add songs from different computers/itunes to an ipod w/o overwriting the previous files ..unless im totally misunderstanding what shes asking.

Guest Pharmacist

for adding videos to the 30 or 80Gb ipods, When i convert my videos on my computer to the ipod format using videora, it makes the file size so much bigger than what it originally was...my question, is there anyways to keep the original file size or even decrease the file size of my video without compromising the quality and still begin able to convert it to the ipod format?

^uhh, are you sure because i can do that just fine ;)

as long as you have auto sync off/ you can add songs from different computers/itunes to an ipod w/o overwriting the previous files ..unless im totally misunderstanding what shes asking.

^Hey thanks alot! :D

my pc has worms and since i synched my ipod to my pc, does it also get the virus??

coz sometimes i play a certain song then it wont play and will just move on to the next song..

for adding videos to the 30 or 80Gb ipods, When i convert my videos on my computer to the ipod format using videora, it makes the file size so much bigger than what it originally was...my question, is there anyways to keep the original file size or even decrease the file size of my video without compromising the quality and still begin able to convert it to the ipod format?

try using SUPER, the link is in the "converting flv files" thread.. also here in the tech troubleshoot section.. im not really sure if it the size stays the same, but maybe this would be of help...

Guest XiaO_iZe

My problem has already solve.

But i just curious.

last week, i went to ipod shop.

I had to go coz my i pod can't turn on.

Luckily, it's my fault. Now my ipod's fine.

But machanic or electrician told me ' if your ipod is out of oder, It can't be fixed. One way to get it bcak is buy new one."

Is it true?

If it's true, i'll love my ipod more

Guest aznfishyfart

My problem has already solve.

But i just curious.

last week, i went to ipod shop.

I had to go coz my i pod can't turn on.

Luckily, it's my fault. Now my ipod's fine.

But machanic or electrician told me ' if your ipod is out of oder, It can't be fixed. One way to get it bcak is buy new one."

Is it true?

If it's true, i'll love my ipod more

i dont understand what ur saying....is it that if ur ipod is broken u can take it back and they will give u a new one?

thats only true if its still under ur 1 year warranty. otherwise they would charge u to repair it or replace it

• 2 weeks later...

I have another problem with converting videos to mpeg4 format...i use joix ipod video converter and everytime i convert a video the sound doesn't match the video...it worked fine for me before but now its doing that...i tried scrolling the two qualities for audio and video but that didn't help at all....help would be much appreciated. thanks!

Archived