[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest cee.jay

okay my ipod video is making me go anal.

ive downloaded a video, coverted it to mpeg-4 format, added it to my itunes library BUT yes there is a BUT, it wont update onto my ipod!!!!!!!!!!

please heeeeeelp me!

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Sure you can. You just drag the album pic that you have and then just click and highlight a song on ur itunes, and drag to the left hand corner where it says album cover art. :) I have album covers for all my songs that I got from the Internet.

Anyways...I have a question. Sometimes I have trouble turning my ipod off, like I have to press and hold the play/pause button several times before it shuts off, otherwise the screen just keeps popping up after it blacks out for a second...why is this?

Guest jjessiessong

can someone help me with this question regarding my USB port?!

whenever i plug my NEW ipod into ANY of the ports, it doesn't recognize it AT ALL. it recognizes my printer and this other mp3 thing i had before.

?!!!!!!!!!

i don't know if this belongs but I'm going to buy a new ipod. I had a pink-mini but got tried of it so I've decided to get a new one.. XP

soo... I can't decide... should I get a NANO or VIDEO? I don't really care about the price but... iunno, if I put like dramas in the video, does that take ALOT of room?

Guest aurafilla

I recently bought the ipod nano red. Ive plugged it in and it started to update and things.When i disconnected it it just freezes with that apple icon! I have to wait a couple of mins or hours (didnt bother to wait) and it worked again but no songs in it! I did it again and again. I even tried to reset it and nothing happens. What is wrong with it?

whenever i plug my NEW ipod into ANY of the ports, it doesn't recognize it AT ALL. it recognizes my printer and this other mp3 thing i had before.

?!!!!!!!!!

RESTART YOUR IPOD!

menu + middle button

hold it until you see the apple, then try again

i don't know if this belongs but I'm going to buy a new ipod. I had a pink-mini but got tried of it so I've decided to get a new one.. XP

soo... I can't decide... should I get a NANO or VIDEO? I don't really care about the price but... iunno, if I put like dramas in the video, does that take ALOT of room?

eheh i have a video, it wont take up alot of room. i have dby drama LOL and tons of dbsk stuff. about 100+ videos, and i still have TONS of space left.

Guest tsuyoyo

how do i put videos on my itunes?

You have to convert your video to the iPod format (MP4) and then sync it. There are some good converters out there... just google ipod video converter.

Is there anyway to uncheck songs so they don't sync to your iPod, but they still play in iTunes? I tend to switch what songs I have on my iPod a lot and I have a 30GB so I don't want to have to make a new playlist to sync everytime I do it..

BU_RP:: THANKS you have just made my decision! IPOD VIDEO HERE I COME!!! drools over DBSK

LOL ahah ^_^ i have tons of dbsk videos on mine too. LOL

Is there anyway to uncheck songs so they don't sync to your iPod, but they still play in iTunes? I tend to switch what songs I have on my iPod a lot and I have a 30GB so I don't want to have to make a new playlist to sync everytime I do it..

dont you just uncheck them? O_O

I recently bought the ipod nano red. Ive plugged it in and it started to update and things.When i disconnected it it just freezes with that apple icon! I have to wait a couple of mins or hours (didnt bother to wait) and it worked again but no songs in it! I did it again and again. I even tried to reset it and nothing happens. What is wrong with it?

try going to the store and ask them. That's kinda weird. :ph34r:

Anyways...I have a question. Sometimes I have trouble turning my ipod off, like I have to press and hold the play/pause button several times before it shuts off, otherwise the screen just keeps popping up after it blacks out for a second...why is this?

same thing happens to me.. i dont really know why. But it only happened to me like 1-3 times or so.

LOL i usually say in my head the its because dbsk wants me to listen/watch/look at them more thats why it wont turn off rather than there somethign wrong with my ipod -_-

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

okay my ipod video is making me go anal.

ive downloaded a video, coverted it to mpeg-4 format, added it to my itunes library BUT yes there is a BUT, it wont update onto my ipod!!!!!!!!!!

please heeeeeelp me!

try opening the video file ( the mp4 one ) on quicktime and see if it plays.. if it doesnt it probably means that the name of the file, cause quicktime/itunes doesnt play certain characters and stuff.. =) if it still doesnt work post here? and like screencap the video file maybe I can help =)

Delete it from your itunes. then readd it, and uncheck it =)

Guest tsuyoyo

No no, I mean keep the songs unchecked, but they still play in a playlist on iTunes without having to double click them. I sync my iPod quite a lot, so that doesn't really work. But I guess I'll probably just have to go the playlist route.

someone asked this question but it really never got answered. i dl my itunes and it never opens. i deleted. (control panel etc.) and re dl it but it still doesnt open. wat can i do?? i worked before but after my dad recoverd our comp. it isn't working.

i think you should try installing it from the disk, that is unless if you have the disk.

other than that, i have no i dea -_- sorry,

?!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a bit late among all the other answers on this thread but if you can try it on another computer it would be great.

Anyways, I suspect that your computer has low power USB 1.1 ports instead of high power 2.0 ports. Most likely your ipod came without much of a charge and your computer was unable to charge it and give it enough power to charge and turn on.

Its a bit strange though, because the USB ports on the back typically can handle IPods without issues.

Guest Rainie

^Sure you can. You just drag the album pic that you have and then just click and highlight a song on ur itunes, and drag to the left hand corner where it says album cover art. :) I have album covers for all my songs that I got from the Internet.

Can somebody please tell me why? So I'm not the only one having these problems :sweatingbullets: ...it's been happening more frequently lately too.

Guest WitchGoddess

^ Have you tried setting it down on a flat surface and doing it? Also use one finger to press the play/pause button and use your hand to hold it in place. You might be accidently touching the play wheel after you turn it off.

Also if you manage to turn it off, press the toogle switch.

Guest Rainie

^I've always did it just by pressing the play/pause button...and I don't touch the wheel at all at all, and it's been happening to me several times. After I press and hold the play/pause button, the screen blacks and then it just quickly pops back up again. I'm pretty sure I don't press anything else, and then the screen pops right back up within a second.

Archived