[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest heartkiller

i have a question... my parents are letting me pick out a new ipod for xmas. i wanted to know are the newer ipods able to have videos put on them? it has to be one from best buy because what they are doing is im going to put it on my best buy card then they agreed to make the payment on it.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 4th gen iPod.. its the one before Apple introduced the small little touchscreen one. i've had it for less than a year... err, question: is it normal for it to suddenly hang and stop playing the music? well its not very normal actually, that's quite a lame question. but just wondering does it do that after a year or so? the previous iPod i had (can't remember which generation iPod) lasted me 3 years before it died out.... its bothering me that my current iPod seems to have a shorter lifespan... and its not like i've been abusing it.. i treat it as well as my previous one...

Maybe your wi-fi is turned off or either your wi-fi isn't connected with the network you chose. Check if your wi-fi is turned on or connected to a network. Hopefully this solves the problem ^^.

Yes my wi-fi is on and my network is working, the problem is that when I'm out and if that place have free wi-fi then I would be able to connect to it. But when I'm home no matter what I do it just won't connect to MY internet network, I even re-check to see if the password was correct and it was. So I don't what to do now T_T

Guest AiMango

^ yeah i have issues with that too.. connecting to wireless in my house worked in the past but not anymore. and sometimes when im connecting to a network that requires an "I agree to the terms & conditions" the agreement page wont even show up -.-

Few days ago, my itunes can read Chinese and Korean. Today it ended up showing boxes and it seem to not be able to read. How to make it back to normal?

I have this issue as well and I can't really find a way to fix it, but if I close my itunes and start it again, the issue seems to went away so try that? 

Yes my wi-fi is on and my network is working, the problem is that when I'm out and if that place have free wi-fi then I would be able to connect to it. But when I'm home no matter what I do it just won't connect to MY internet network, I even re-check to see if the password was correct and it was. So I don't what to do now T_T

Mhmm try reset the password for your wi-fi and see if it works? @_@

' date='22 December 2010 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1293061245' post='16764435']

i have a question... my parents are letting me pick out a new ipod for xmas. i wanted to know are the newer ipods able to have videos put on them? it has to be one from best buy because what they are doing is im going to put it on my best buy card then they agreed to make the payment on it.

This is a bit late but most newer ipods are able to have videos put on them (except shuffle). 

i have a 4th gen iPod.. its the one before Apple introduced the small little touchscreen one. i've had it for less than a year... err, question: is it normal for it to suddenly hang and stop playing the music? well its not very normal actually, that's quite a lame question. but just wondering does it do that after a year or so? the previous iPod i had (can't remember which generation iPod) lasted me 3 years before it died out.... its bothering me that my current iPod seems to have a shorter lifespan... and its not like i've been abusing it.. i treat it as well as my previous one...

This might soud stupid but...my friend had this issue and she deleted the song that always stop playing, add it back again on her itouch and somehow it work normally .... So yea..I guess you can try that lol...

Guest yeonhee.

I have this issue as well and I can't really find a way to fix it, but if I close my itunes and start it again, the issue seems to went away so try that? 

It still like that. Some days it shows the character, but most of the time it doesn't.

Guest gwapa_ko

Just bought my iPod Touch 2 weeks ago. :)I didn't jailbreak it coz I want it to be authentic. :D Plus the software warranty gets void if you jailbreak it...:D

What's your battery life for normal use?

Guest __herodreams

Just bought my iPod Touch 2 weeks ago. :)I didn't jailbreak it coz I want it to be authentic. :D Plus the software warranty gets void if you jailbreak it...:D

What's your battery life for normal use?

I usually just listen to my itouch at school and watch videos and I wouldn't have to charge it for a couple of days :)

but the battery goes out faster when I'm using wifi on it

• 2 weeks later...

Before I've posted how my iPod Touch would be able to connect to other places internet but not mine and not matter what I do it refuses to connect. But I was able to solve the problem and now it's connecting just fine so I thought I share it here just in case there are people out there that's having the same problem as I did.

So is what this person told me to do:

Step 1: Turn off your router for 30 second, after that turn it back on.

Step 2: Get you're iPod go to Setting > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. When you've done that your iPod would then restart itself.

Step 3: After your iPod have restart itself go to Settings > Wi-Fi then just click on your internet. And if yours in password protected like mine then just go ahead and put in the password and wait for awhile and you should be able to connect to the internet.

Really hope that was helpful ^.^

are iPod has a limited battery charge times? so when i plug it on my laptop or JBL speakers it will decrease the battery life, about how many times it last? (500?...,1000?), i don't want my iPod to be died out actually >.<

okay this is my new question, i have an iPod that is really well-arrenged already (playlist,album art, artist,lyrics,etc) and i just bought an iPhone 4, i want to content in my new iPhone looks exactly like my iPod include the playcounts and everything, but unfortunately i'm using manual settings on my iTunes so contents on my iTunes and iPod are different, is there any chance i can get my iPod playlist EXACTLY the same into my iPhone? please i need help :huh:

Archived