[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest hecate

Recently, for some reason, I can't open the iTunes on my laptop. Whenever I connect my iPod to the laptop, it would charge, but the iTunes won't open. Does anyone know how I can get the iTunes to open? Thanks.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest megaSTEPxo

I was reading the previous thread about the ITUNES version..7? and how some of you had problems dragging in?

Me too~

Well there was an update about a week ago?

So I updated it and it was really laggy..

and then I don't know what happened, and it reformated my Nano :fury:

After that, I figured it was probably incompatable with my Nano or something..

so I went to un-update or something

I still get this problem with dragging files into the my Nano though

I had to make a playlist (Eg. English Songs, Korean Songs) and then drag it into those playlist..

but if I drag it into the main directory or something, it doesn't work

Guest happyroach

Heh I guess my problem with my iPod is not nearly as severe, but I'm anal so I still get quite pissed. After the iTunes7 upgrade, the album artwork got messy on my iPod, as in a Britney song would show a Christina album artwork. WTF.

Guest Rainie

For your video files, right click on them > get info > video > video kind > music video

That should automatically throw your files into the music video folder

Thanks for the tip. I've also had some small problems with the iTunes upgrade...now it's really slow for it to load for some reason. And when I eject the ipod and just want to charge it, it tells me that I can't disconnect and this thing pops up on my iTunes that says something like unable to disconnect.

Guest littleazncutie324

MY IPOD WON'T TURN ON! i tried resetting it n plugging it in the adapter n computer but it won't turn on!! Im afraid to change to battries..but i need my IPOD TOMMORW!!! its making me mad! i won't have time to get it change n i don't want a new ipod cuz i been changing it like 5 times now! My friend told me this "screat" screen but i don't wat it is. can anyone please help me! i reil want my ipod to work again! thxs! HELP PLZ!

I just recently bought 30 gig video ipod and there is a language I wnat to put into my ipod that isn't offered in the actual ipod language selection. well, its "thai" language that i want to put and I'm still lost with the whole downgrade the firmware can someone who knows how to add a language into your ipod explain to me please? thanks. =)

Guest 5 G RAL

When I plug in my iPod, it tells me "iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod."

I've rebooted, restored, updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, done everything the articles on the apple site say to do. Nothing works. I've tried three or four different USB ports. Even tried a different computer, and it did no good.

Any ideas? ANY help would be greatly appreciated [: thanks

omgoshgomgiosdjfioasjdf

whenever i try to add songs to my ipod nano using itunes, it says its adding the songs, but once it gets to the second song (that it is adding to the ipod), it just goes "please wait, updating ipod", and the songs arent added~!

wtfreakkk

even if i try to add ONE song, it adds it, but its not anywhere to be found on my ipod, or the itunes menus T_T

any helppp? :(

Guest aznfishyfart

omgoshgomgiosdjfioasjdf

whenever i try to add songs to my ipod nano using itunes, it says its adding the songs, but once it gets to the second song (that it is adding to the ipod), it just goes "please wait, updating ipod", and the songs arent added~!

wtfreakkk

even if i try to add ONE song, it adds it, but its not anywhere to be found on my ipod, or the itunes menus T_T

this is whats happening to me lol

DONT RESTORE IT!!!!! it wont help!!!

i noticed every time i try to fast forward on video it freezes

and how do u guys watch a video from the start again

everytime i finish one tv show on my ipod and want to rewatch it from the beginning i cant it always starts from where it left off which is like in the middle of the show

so then i let the video run till the end of the show thinking maybe it will restart but still doesnt work

and on the music it seems like i have to drag a file maybe few times to get it into my ipod

does creative vision m have these problems

if not i might switch

Guest xxZeroxx

^You can click the middle button then that bar should come up and then just rotate the click wheel counter clock wise. Or just click the "<<" button once and it should start from the beginning. XD

My friend had the problem where it says it's corrupted and please restore. But nothing worked so he went to the store and paid $50 more and got the 80 gig. XD He had the 30gig before.

Guest CK92842

omgoshgomgiosdjfioasjdf

wtfreakkk

One of my gripes with iTunes, the limits imposed with that program. I've been using Creative Mediasource for some time now on my Zen Micro and it's difficult to adjust to the constraints of with iTunes. I recommend, Anapod. Great program, ease of use and more control as to what you have stored on your iPod.

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

^You can click the middle button then that bar should come up and then just rotate the click wheel counter clock wise. Or just click the "<<" button once and it should start from the beginning. XD

My friend had the problem where it says it's corrupted and please restore. But nothing worked so he went to the store and paid $50 more and got the 80 gig. XD He had the 30gig before.

thanks

Guest 5 G RAL

^Dang reboot, restore, update.. thats basically all you can really do to an ipod... =( I think you should take it to an apple store to see if they can figure it out.

thanks for the suggestion (: i took it to get it looked at today~ they said my ipod had internal damage and my disk drive was corrupted or something (no clue what any of that means) so they replaced my ipod :)

how do i add videos to my ipod?

how do i change the vids so i can add them to my ipod?

i use videora ipod converter. go to videora.com for the download~ it converts it to a MPEG-4 movie file and then you can just drag that into your video folder in itunes. hope that helps (:
Guest sugarcakes

I have a few questions I was hoping you experts can help me with.

1. How do I remove songs/videos/photos from my Ipod? ( I currently own a 30GB Video Ipod and running on iTunes 7). Is it automatic in the sense where if I just remove it from my iTunes library, it will also be removed on the actual Ipod? I've been told that my current version of iTunes will have an option that lets me choose to remove files. but I have yet to discover that.

2. I understand in order to add videos to Ipod, it needs to be in a format that is compatiable with iTunes, can someone recommand a good software that converts avi.mpeg, rm, etc etc other type of video files into iTune/iPod compatiable files?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Guest iyeiluj

thanks for the suggestion (: i took it to get it looked at today~ they said my ipod had internal damage and my disk drive was corrupted or something (no clue what any of that means) so they replaced my ipod :)

i use videora ipod converter. go to videora.com for the download~ it converts it to a MPEG-4 movie file and then you can just drag that into your video folder in itunes. hope that helps (:

thank you~..

Archived