[official] Ipod Thread

Guest viruz

Guest BendyStraw

it may just be me... but ever since my iPod's battery died once, even after recharging fully, the battery dies faster and faster each time. is that happenning to anyone else?

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mujisan

I have an iPod nano 2G and almost all the cover arts for my songs I copied and pasted from the web. My problem: some of them show up on the screen when the song is being played and some of them don't. Anyone know why and how to fix this?

Guest BaKeRzHuNnI

Hi, I have a question, sorry if it has been already answered.

I want to delete songs from my hard drive will it delete of, of my iTunes?

Greatly appreciated if someone could help me? Thanks!

it may just be me... but ever since my iPod's battery died once, even after recharging fully, the battery dies faster and faster each time. is that happenning to anyone else?

hmm try calling. i dont know what's wrong with it.. sorry

Hi, I have a question, sorry if it has been already answered.

I want to delete songs from my hard drive will it delete of, of my iTunes?

Greatly appreciated if someone could help me? Thanks!

yes it will. the title of the song will still be on your itunes, but it wont be able to find the file to play.

Guest cee.jay

try opening the video file ( the mp4 one ) on quicktime and see if it plays.. if it doesnt it probably means that the name of the file, cause quicktime/itunes doesnt play certain characters and stuff.. =) if it still doesnt work post here? and like screencap the video file maybe I can help =)

Ooh, sorry I didnt see this earlier, the file does play with Quicktime AND ITUNES, its in my actual itunes movies library but it just wont update or sync into my ipod.

vidoa9.jpg

The video, playing.

vid2kw5.jpg

the file details? rofl

it would be nice if you could help <3 thank you!

Yea.. this happened to my mini. Basically, you want to try to use it till the battery dies and then charge it until it's full and then take the charger off. I just lazily charged mine overnight and over a span of a couple weeks i noticed my mini was slowly dieing :( boo!

Now with my ipod video, i try to use it to its max. battery life and then charge it for 2 hours (that's about how long it takes to fully charge) and my battery is great :D

i was wondering which is a better case for the ipod video. plastic, silicone, leather, etc.?

i was also wondering if you guys knew which one is better for insurance: circuit city's or best buy's?

I have this really cool silicone case with a clear plastic 'shell' in the front. Every part of the ipod is covered, even the wheel. The wheel is covered with a thin sheet of rubber/silicone stuff and still works like a charm. When i have time, i'll try to find a picture for it..

and sry but idk about the insurance thing =X

Guest BaKeRzHuNnI

yes it will. the title of the song will still be on your itunes, but it wont be able to find the file to play.

Oh, thanks for answering the question!

hey guys! I just got my ipod vid a minute ago~

so I was wondering~

it didn't come with a disk~ so what am I suppose to do O.o

I have a disk from my ipod mini

also doesn't the vid have to be MP4 or something?

Do you guys have a good program?

hey guys! I just got my ipod vid a minute ago~

so I was wondering~

it didn't come with a disk~ so what am I suppose to do O.o

I have a disk from my ipod mini

also doesn't the vid have to be MP4 or something?

Do you guys have a good program?

wth.. its SUPPOSE TO COME WITH A DISK. i suggest you return and get another one.

and yes the video has to be mpeg4.

the converter i suggest

would be jodix free ipod video converter.

and theres a thread lying around with other converters.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104841

i apple's website it said the additional requirements for video is

Additional Video Requirements

* 2.0 GHz Pentium class processor or better

* 512MB RAM

* 32MB video RAM

but i have only 1.something GHz processor. could it be the reason my com freezes everytime i open tunes?

Can someone help me...i just found the right converter for my videos and found another problem in tunes..... i drowning in the problems one by one help me...!!

A slow computer... will only make it run slow.

So, open it and see if it ever unfreezes...

if it doesnt then time to reinstall, and figure out all that stuff of debugging itunes...

>_< I seroiusly need an ipod to learn about this stuff... *sets up ipod video donation fun* =P

I got an iPod nano 2 days ago,

and all of a sudden, the touchpad thing won't work.

Nothing works =\

So basically my iPod gets locked up...

I even reset everything..

and it worked for like 2 seconds.

After I transferred my songs into it,

it didn't work anymore :(

Does this mean it's deffective?

Would I able to exchange it? :unsure:

Guest d0rkifiedxl0ser

Ugh. Somehow, my iTunes won't open up anymore. It opened up yesterday but today, it just didn't open. Is it because I installed Winamp or something? Cause I installed that yesterday. Ergh. I want to add new songs on my ipod so I can listen to it during class later today >_____<

EDIT:

Nevermind. I fixed it xD .

my ipod is completely frozen

i cant turn it off

... anyone know how to fix this problem?

i just want it off before it ruins my battery =[

Guest Gummi Bear

After my computer crashed my iTunes doesn't even recognize that there's an iPod trying to sync with it anymore. Now I can't transfered any new songs to my 5G iPod. I tried the 5Rs that Apple said but none of it worked so far. Please, help me.

I'm not sure if I should ask this in this thread, but I figure since it has to do with the iPod, and this is where I found the link for Videora, you guys might be able to help me...

I've got a video iPod (5th gen with itunes 7 if that matters), and I've converted my videos to MPEG4s with Videora.

It seems like all of the AVIs I converted work fine, but the audio of the WMA videos I convert get out of sync with the video. The audio is usally ahead of the video by a couple of seconds...

Should I be setting the "Quality Profile" to a certain setting for WMAs? Or should I use a different program?

Thanks!

Nevermind.

I'm using a different program (Jodix free ipod converter which works really well!) but the videos are full length on my computer, but only last like 6 seconds on my ipod. Any help would be nice!

Guest kangxbyul

Hi, I need help with my ipod shuffle again.

When I connect my ipod shuffle to the computer and open iTunes, "My Devices" is suppose to show up with all the songs in my ipod shuffle but instead it shows a pop-up saying "The iPod is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPod and sync with this iTunes library?" and there are two choices: Erase and sync and Cancel. When I click cancel, nothing happens and my devices still does not show up. When I click erase and sync, it says "The iTunes library is empty. If you link the ipod to this library, all songs on the iPod will be erased." -__- Please help because I want to put more music into it. I have about 200 songs right now but I don't want to have them all erased everytime and put them back in again. :tears:

my ipod is completely frozen

i cant turn it off

... anyone know how to fix this problem?

i just want it off before it ruins my battery =[

restart it. hold menu + middle button for 30 secs.. you should see the apple icon pop up

Hi, I need help with my ipod shuffle again.

When I connect my ipod shuffle to the computer and open iTunes, "My Devices" is suppose to show up with all the songs in my ipod shuffle but instead it shows a pop-up saying "The iPod is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPod and sync with this iTunes library?" and there are two choices: Erase and sync and Cancel. When I click cancel, nothing happens and my devices still does not show up. When I click erase and sync, it says "The iTunes library is empty. If you link the ipod to this library, all songs on the iPod will be erased." -__- Please help because I want to put more music into it. I have about 200 songs right now but I don't want to have them all erased everytime and put them back in again. :tears:

eck.. i dont know about that

it nevered happened to me.. sorry

okay now I NEED HELP

lately my computer has been acting like a real richard simmons..

maybe its because i have a virus. >.>

but its like once a week where my computer is fine and it works normally

so usually i would download videos convert them put them on my ipod yaya..

anyways.. today i try connecting my ipod to the computer to sync some songs in.

the only thing it does is charge.

i open up itunes and everything and wait for it to connect. but it doesnt connect.

why is this? like the whole summary thing doesnt pop up or anything.

it just charges.. :'( im scared to restart my comp because if i do its gonna act up again

and i cant put anything new til next week. and its such a PAIN.

nevermind i was stupid to restart the comp. its acting up again -__-"

Archived