[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Guest yumoreo5

I've been here at this thread since the drama aired, I don't think anyone has discredited Yoo Jung's acting capabilities or contributions. However, if you venture into other threads like individual threads then, be prepared for different opinions, which shouldn't be surprising. I keep seeing fans emphasize that Bo Gum is receiving the majority of praises, but I see different. There are a lot of Yoo Jung supporters that are very vocal as well.

I sort of wished the PD would have just let it be. Even if Bo Gum, in his judgment, struggled with Lee Yeong in the beginning, it would have been interesting to see the visible transitions. I'm a firm believer that constructive criticism will light one's path towards a brighter and more fulfilling journey. There is always room to improve and there's no shame in that.

I think it's very normal for actors or actresses to be "perceived" as weaker or odd in the beginning. I mean, all of the characters are pretty unpredictable especially if the drama is being filmed and aired at the same time, which means, the script is still changing and being written as Lee Yeong lives his life on television. Even if we had the most accredited and critically acclaimed actor play Lee Yeong, it doesn't make it any easier to predict who Lee Yeong would have become in Episode 14 just from watching Episodes 1 and 2. As each episode is filmed, the character Lee Yeong solidifies as Lee Yeong constantly finds his identity with the new situations and circumstances he's confronted with. Even within the storyline itself, Lee Yeong changes when he falls in love, so I think having small hiccups in the beginning would have shown a more human and realistic image of Bo Gum as Lee Yeong, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But that's how I see it, though.

I like fresh meat. Sometimes, fresh meat ends up acting better or delivering a more memorable performance because they're so raw and pure in their acting. That's how I see Bo Gum.

The PD on the surface sounds like he doesn't have high expectations but he does, in a way. Lol Well, more like high standards, since he hasn't allowed the story, script, drama, and actors to drag.

Guest yumoreo5
1 hour ago, tzupi said:

You are correct, but this does not mean that he was not rude or that he shouldn't have treated HY differently. Why? Because as human beings, in general, we expect that people who are not nice should change their behavior; because people who are in power should be at least as attentive with their behavior as normal people are (if not more); because for a CP who claims to care about his country, when help was offered to him (in the form of a marriage that will strengthen his position), he should have accepted it graciously and continued to behave graciously.

Maybe you can say that I overemphasize the CP's anger towards HY. But it is relevant that people in the palace start to complain that the CP returned to his old habits. Since I was interested in how people perceived HY, her being criticized for what seems to me to be a fault in CP's character is strange.

I love the discussions. However, there is a huge margin between being rude and drawing the line. LY was simply drawing the line before the wedding, so HY doesn't misunderstand her role as a business partner, not beloved wife. There is no wrong in that. I admire LY for being entirely honest and upfront with HY.

Actually, what I learned in life is, we shouldn't expect people to change. People change when the right time comes and at their own pace. Forcing change prematurely only hurts the one expecting it, so we should just forgive and move on with the flow.

Haha, this surprises me because I didn't think LY's honesty would have spiraled into beastly behavior, spoiled brat, unfit to be king, and blamed for Premier Kim's future evil doings. I guess, we all really have different opinions.

HY should understand best. Like HY said to the King, love will make her patient and sacrifice herself for LY. Well, LY doesn't love HY, so he has no patience for her and definitely, will not care to sacrifice his time for her either. Lol

@BambiinaSajang-nim I'm asking you because I'm not following this thread from the first airing. And this is also the first thread that I put more dedication to follow so I'm newbie here. As someone who have more experience in many thread does this kind of phenomenom always occure like a ruckus create follow with stranger in the thread? just like in the past when people debate about KYJ cry scene. I even got message from someone to delete my post for the sake of our OTP (I disagree their opinion about KYJ). As far as I have time to follow this thread I don't see that person anymore after that message. If it's always happen in a thread :lol:then wow people these days surely like being complicated 

• Like 24

Guest MaknaeC
4 hours ago, breezelife said:

Hello, everyone! My first post here at Soompi. Decided to delurk to join the party and rave about the drama with you all. There is such a positive vibe here that draws me back to the forums from time to time. 

Regarding the earlier interview with PD posted today about Kim Yoo Jung, I would like to share more as the English article did not do the Korean article justice; or Yoo Jung justice.  

Original article :http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=001&aid=0008728261 

English article: http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/interview/2016/10/05/15/0800000000AEN20161005005500315F.html

Yoo Jung's Baidu forum has posted a full Chinese translation of the Korean article. I will try to translate some parts in English roughly based on their translation. All credit goes to her Baidu fan forum.

Hope you enjoyed reading this! And again, if I mistranslated anything, would our Korean speakers please do correct me anytime!!

Welcome and thank you so much for this translation! Much love  :heart:

Let me just add some things from the original korean article :) 

Kim Sung Yoon PD, “Yoojungie is doing beyond my expectations. I didn’t expect her to be this good. Because of Yoojung’s age, it’s true that there’s lot of worries back then. When I was reviewing some actors (during casting), I also saw some who are in early 20s. But the most important key is it can’t be someone who will give Noona-feels to Bogum. If we cast someone who is in her 20s, she will look a lot older compare to Bogum. Moreover in the original novel, Hong Ra On gives off small and tender vibes,  it’s important to bring this kind of feel to life. ”

"For our drama, compared to the role of Crown Prince, the role of Hong Ra On is more three-dimensional (or well-rounded). What I mean is that, if the female lead were to perform poorly (or sub-par), this series would be as good as over." 

For this part, it can also be translated to  "If the female lead can’t pull it off (Raon's three-dimensional character), the story will  be ruined." He then added, "But Yoojungie can express the essence of Hong Ra On’s deep heart line very well."

I even told Yoo Jung, "I have completely underestimated you. You are absolutely amazing."

Another alternative translation for this part, "You are still young, but you did very well." :)

---------------------

The original korean article also mentioned Yoongsung character a little.

Kim Yoon Sung, unlike the original, here he’s set as Daddy long legs

In the drama, Kim Yoon Sung character is quite different from the original. In the novel, he’s someone who hides his true intention behind his smile. He always do something with his own way without mercy like a psychopath.

Kim Sung Yoon PD, “Kim Yoon Sung character has changed a lot from the original novel, he’s being set as Hong Ra On’s daddy long legs here. Kim Yoon Sung is a good-looking man who is excellent in literally and martial arts but he’s also someone who often go in and out from gibang. Such character, ever since he met Hong Ra On, he started to change his drawing."

Kim PD then praise Jinyoung, "Jinyoung plays his role well. Especially he’s really good at action scene, I’m so pleased with his swordsmanship acting in episode 12."

----------------------

Knetizens' reactions to this article

• I think it’s better to not having heavy melo scene~ The whole drama feels so fresh. The state now is something that perfect for that age (of character). Trembling, shy, fresh feels because of the first love come to life really well. On the contrary if there’s heavy love scene, I think it would be strange
  • Yoojungie is playing Raon who is a teenager, if it’s become an adult role isn’t it doesn’t match and doesn’t make sense? Just like what Yoojung has been portrayed so far that role is fresh, lovely, but also sorrowful. I think it would be difficult for an actress in her 20s to express that kind of feeling. Kim Yoo Jung-yang has exceeded expectations.
  • Yoojungie can pull of Raon’s charms very well. It’s difficult to imagine someone else as Raon if it’s not Yoojung... Her acting is really good
  • If it’s not Actress Yoojung, I can’t imagine someone else as Raon. Keep strong and healthy for the rest of filming
  • I can’t imagine anyone else but Kim Yoo Jung as Raon, she’s really good. Of course Park Bo Gum is great, but if the female lead is strange, the character will come to life lesser. Both of them really have wonderful harmony in acting. 
  • If Raon is not Kim Yoo Jung, Gurumi wouldn’t do this well. Chemistry between male and female lead is important.
  • I’m really thankful for Kim Yoo Jung’s casting. Moonlight exist because there’s Yoojung and Bogum. I’m looking forward more and more to both actors

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?aid=0008728261&oid=001

53 minutes ago, sojisoban said:

I still wishing for the wedding cancelation

Is it possible? :fearful:

Want my honest opinion> Yess .. it's going through .. it has to ... or else HY character will be redundant .. they are getting married .. just get ready anyway I am sure PD know how to minimize the blow .. like what he did in 14 .. CP ignoring HY..

3 minutes ago, febz said:

@BambiinaSajang-nim I'm asking you because I'm not following this thread from the first airing. And this is also the first thread that I put more dedication to follow so I'm newbie here. As someone who have more experience in many thread does this kind of phenomenom always occure like a ruckus create follow with stranger in the thread? just like in the past when people debate about KYJ cry scene. I even got message from someone to delete my post for the sake of our OTP (I disagree their opinion about KYJ). As far as I have time to follow this thread I don't see that person anymore after that message. If it's always happen in a thread :lol:then wow people these days surely like being complicated 

I may not be the right person as I can go awol all of a sudden depending on my mood .... sad occassion you won't see me around :D

Anyway I can answer your question ,, it happen in every thread .. but happen more in thread like MDBC (DOTS) ... why? wahahah not sure though .. I guess high profile drama (high rating) will get more attention ... people constantly on the lookout ... so being THE ' BEST' drama at the moment (base on rating) will put the thread on spotlight .. there are many lurkers ... hihihi .. 

• Like 23

I just read the translation of the PD interview in Chinese (Baidu). In it, someone there commented that there were no mention of PBG is a must-have due to investment in the original report in Korean...    maybe it helps if anyone here who could read Korean can verify that?

其中一段翻译有误:
@EVA-打酱油: #朴宝剑# #云画的月光# 第二段请翻译尊重原文。「最初李旲角色就定的朴宝剑。但是我曾经很担心。究竟应八的崔泽能否变身为王世子。结果是完全多余的担心。不要说变身成功,根本是朴宝剑综合症」并没有提到档期和赞助的问题

• Like 18

Hello Moonlighters! Just wanna share this clip of our OTP from episode 14. Gosh, this scene really broke my heart and makes me cry a river :bawling:. Again, great great acting from Bogum and Yoo Jung. Despite the tight hug ending, i'm worried what's going to happen next week :tears:

Credit to bogum2_

• Like 24