[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

12 minutes ago, jellybing2009 said:

Hi all,  i am like ahjumma age already but my  heart fluttered when i see these 2 having puppy love in the palace :)

i hope the story don't go very wrong direction , since it is quite different from the novel . This drama drawn my attention since i knew that Hwang Chi Yeul will be singing for the ost ( till now still not any sign of his song yet :(  )

but i like this drama along the way and so far i am enjoying it .

Since the master Eunuch realised  that CP already known Ra On really name, may be he won't revealed himself or revealed her as the rebellion's daughter. the drama just like a story book, page by page , they are revealing deeper and deeper along the way of the love that bloomed between CP and Ra On. Since this is the  Romance Comedy, it wont go very sad pace though i guess.

@jellybing2009 I am so happy to read your post! As an obsessed fan of HCY, I have been waiting and waiting for his song .. sadly, not even a few seconds have been played :(  I started watching MDBC because of him and am so glad I did - it's excellent, I've a new-found admiration for PBG (first time I've watched his drama)  and a few other members of the cast.

You are ahjumma age? I am halmoni age :)

Spoiler

Do you know there's a thread about Chi Yeul here on Soompi?

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, Phuong Dinh said:

Is Little Mermaid the favourite tale of every Kdrama script writer?

- My girlfriend is Gumiho

- Secret Garden

- Moonlight drawn by Clouds

3 of my fav dramas used Little Mermaid as a reference :)

I was wondering the same thing last night. First drama that came to mind was Secret Garden, but there is another drama Surplus Princess which uses the mermaid story as main theme, where the female lead is a mermaid in the drama. Didn't watch it but I read about it. Why are they so fascinated by this theme? :)

• Like 11

The Little Mermaid was written in1836 and published in 1837 whereas LY's (1809-1830) time was before the tale was written...unless Hans Christian Anderson (1805-1875) shared the story verbally before writing it down and it somehow spreaded to Korea before it was written...haha

• Like 19

@dramafansg Hi fellow ahjumma :) Does the "sg" in your username refer to Singapore?  I watch very very few Korean dramas but just from watching PBG in MDBC I will say that he's one of the most talented actors I have seen.  Kim Yoo Jung I love already - she was the reason I started to watch "Dong Yi"  (when it was aired on Channel U in 2011)

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, chubbz said:

I was wondering the same thing last night. First drama that came to mind was Secret Garden, but there is another drama Surplus Princess which uses the mermaid story as main theme, where the female lead is a mermaid in the drama. Didn't watch it but I read about it. Why are they so fascinated by this theme? :)

Not sure why, but as a trained sociologist :blush: I think the element of sadness in the tale draws the Koreans in. You know, as it echoes their sentimental culture and sad history. Just maaaybe. 

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, chubbz said:

Tell me about it, even Jun Ji Hyun have to flew to Spain for becoming mermaid :P. Is the ocean in Busan not big enough? :D

• Like 15

Just finished watching the latest with full subs, wooohoooo~~~ pretty proud of myself for holding back so I can understand it all, ahahahaa :D

This drama is full of good decision, hehehee...we get a dose of overflowing sweetness from two episodes back, but this episode is the best for me. It has the right amount of sweet moments, right amount of angst and right amount of twists. And also, an appropriate cliffhanger!! I want to elaborate, beware, wall of texts!!

SWEET MOMENTS

1. Who the hell has the idea to punish someone who disobeys Crown Prince's order with kisses?? If that's the case, if I were Ra On, I'd be disobeying the Crown Prince a thousand times so I'd get a thousand kisses!! :D:D:D 

2. The Little Mermaid story and the scene where Crown Prince rests his head on Ra On's lap. Oooh...Park Bo Gum is bursting with charms! He's soooo handsome! And it seems Disney has time traveled and told their version of Little Mermaid to Crown Prince, heheheee...how cool of him to decide that he would change the ending, no matter what. Crown Prince is a cool character! I'm looking forward to see a cooler side of Crown Prince in next episodes!

3. Scholar Jung Duk Ho and the Princess, now this one kinda baffles me. I thought Scholar Jung is having a crush on the Princess's maid? But it is the Princess all along? Anyway I think it's kinda cute for him to say "Why is she so skinny?". Well, we can interpret it in different ways, but I interpret it as he would still love her no matter what, even when she's chubby. But I also think it's pretty sad for him to 'get out of the Princess's eyes' when she's around, just because he thought he's unworthy. I know social status is an important thing in those days, but still...makes me sad to see it.

4. Yun Seong~ what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man~ you want to cheer Ra On up, you want to confess to her, but you know what she's thinking and decided to give her some space to be sad. Oh...Yun Seong, the pairing has been decided, my heart is prepared to break for you. C-can't you fall just in love with Ha Yeon? Ha Yeon too, can't you just fall in love with Yun Seong? I'd happily cheer for you guys! ahahaha...

5. Crown Prince's relationship with everyone in the palace are so good~ well, except with Premier Kim and his cronies. I love how he bonds with everyone, even with the ahjusshi who he trusts for advice. And it's very commendable of him to expect him to work hard building the nation with him, not "I'd give you high position so you'll be safe no matter what". The Crown Prince is an ideal leader. From all the decision he made from previous episodes, we know he will be a good king.

THE ANGST

Kim Hyung's back story...oh son...if you're real, I'd go to you and give you a biiiig hug. He considers Ra On's past like his, so he didn't do anything. Maybe the fact that Ra On has become a part of his life is influencing his decision too. I was prepared when the leader slayed his sword towards his neck, but I'm so glad the other leader comes to his rescue. Kim Hyung is a good man, I don't think I can bear to see him dying.

THE TWIST

1. I knew it! I knew there were something fishy about the Queen Mother and Premier Kim!! What a horrible woman! But I guess power hungry people will do anything for the throne...but still, I'm afraid for the court lady who bears a son...will she live happily though when she knows the fact that Queen Mother is using her?

2. Crown Prince and Yun Seong's confrontation. I was like,"OOOOOOOH DAAAAANG HE WENT FOR IT! HE WENT AND CONFRONT THE CROWN PRINCE FOR RA ON!! YUN SEONG, DID HE SEEK DEATH!???". Dangit, dangit, dangit...I know it's bad for our OTP, but I tip my hat to Yun Seong for his bravery. Oooh Yun Seong...if only you fall in love with another woman...

3. Master Han is still sharp for a man his age, hehehee...he can put two and two together from little facts that he gathered. I'm still unsure though if he's on Ra On's side...I guess we'll found out in the next episode. :D

Aaaaah...this episode is my favorite, everything is balanced perfectly!!

Also, can you guys help me? I've been searching for the photo where Park Bo Gum is hugging Kim Yoo Jung and Kwak Dong Yeon on top of stoned wall, but I can't seem to find it, I know they are somewhere in this thread though but I can't back track them all since the pages are far too many now. It was sooo cute, but I forgot to save it to my personal Gurumi folder, huhuuuu...does anyone still have it? Thank you in advance!

• Like 24

54 minutes ago, dramafansg said:

I thought PM Kim said his daughter is the daugher of a gisang, i didnt realise that she was a gisang herself. Then his power is very immense to even install her as a queen and the king is a total powerless puppet not to prevent it. 

She could be both, gisaeng and his daughter?

Someone mentioned the possibility of adoption like Gaksital but there's another possibility that she was a gisaeng because her mother was one, and she could be the child born to PM Kim with her mother, who was his mistress? For someone of his standing, that could be quite common.

No wonder I always felt it was odd that there was 0 interaction shown between KYS and the Queen when they should have an aunt-nephew relationship, because, if his parents have both died, she should have been close to him if he was her late brother's son, especially when he is not that much younger than her (around 5 years apart since KYS and LY are around same age).

• Like 16

57 minutes ago, babysiew said:

here you go!

PM Kim specifically  said that she was the daughter of a gisaeng. She is his daughter but not high born to even be considered as a potential candidate to marry into royalty.  The subtitle is wrong. 

He said that he has alot of power and clout to even raise his own ilegitamate daughter of a gisaeng to the position of a queen. So oh yea, he is no person to take lightly!

• Like 14

Ah... Too many reading spoilers whether from webtoon or the real history. Though..I'm still not sure which ending the director will take for this drama. I have no idea how the story will flow... But I hope the drama can make an unforgetable, beautiful, and nice happy ending for the main couple 

Can't wait for next week, next week, and next next next week... :( 

• Like 9

I think the little mermaid is referenced so much because it talks of a self sacrificial love which seem to be a worthy value in the korean culture. The mermaid sacrificed her own well being and didnt kill the prince just so she could live. Instead she rather turn to foam to be forgotten, bringing her love with her to netherworld without the prince ever knowing. I am not korean but the culture seem to be very focused on self sacrificial love for family or loved ones. Hence you often see themes of noble sacrifice in dramas though we often think its unnecessary. I am glad the cp is assertive and brave enough to want to change the story: Thats just some of my thoughts. 

• Like 21

37 minutes ago, bellaangel012 said:

PM Kim specifically  said that she was the daughter of a gisaeng. She is his daughter but not high born to even be considered as a potential candidate to marry into royalty.  The subtitle is wrong. 

He said that he has alot of power and clout to even raise his own ilegitamate daughter of a gisaeng to the position of a queen. So oh yea, he is no person to take lightly!

Ic!!! Tq for the clarification!!!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, febz said:

Tell me about it, even Jun Ji Hyun have to flew to Spain for becoming mermaid :P. Is the ocean in Busan not big enough? :D

You are sooo..quick ad some joke around:blush:.       Talk about episode 10, seem the Kim political ways. More then dirty, their family in state of greedy nasty ..the all have their own agenda...the older Kim rise gisaeng to be queen..meanwhile after she can't deliver baby boy she decided to cheat all the country to rise whom don't have royal blood to be king...good grief how come this kind people lead the country...just hope CP can gatering more power to disband the Kim clan influence, i prefer the twist of the story is he[CP] will marrie HRO , at first he just want do that to secure RO position, but after he learn RO identity, he need to embrace the rebblion joint him to facing the greedy kim, since the rebbelion is under RO father , this decision is benefit to all of them. Save the country from greedy clan, put down the riot  made people life in peace and CP and HRO, can live happily ever after......

• Like 15