[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

thanks @Maetawinz for creating this thread. I MUST watch this drama because I adore Park Bo Geum. I don't mind if the leading lady is Kim Ji Won or Kim Go Eun, both is fine for me. Can't wait to watch this drama.....its like Coffee Prince, Sungkyunkwan Scandal.......

• Like 3

On 4/8/2016 at 10:39 AM, Duong Pham said:

Hi everyone :D

At first, I always go to Park Bo Young for the female lead, really like her and she CAN ACT WELL :))

However, PBY is active in movies and Oh my ghost is the first and last drama of her til now. We've not heard any news of her, even rumors, being considered for the female lead. I think it's a signal that... no hope any more :(

Now we have Kim Ji Won and Kim Go Eun, they are both beautiful, can act well (too) and seem to have good chemistry with Park Bo Gum.

Well, Kim Ji Won has just finished DotS as the second female lead and her fame is increasing widely. Quickly joining in another drama as female lead, well, seems not to be good for her career. Because audience now loves her in the white blouse so much, the impression is really strong. She and her agency should take benefit from that first.

Then, we have Kim Go Eun left. I still think that she looks older than Park Bo Gum although their chemistry in China Town was good. But after Cheese in the trap and its "scandal", her image has gone bad a little (my thought, only).

After all, I still prefer Kim Ji Won than Kim Go Eun. What about you guys? :D

I am totally agree with you. Kim Ji Won is better than Kim Go Eun. It doesn't mean that I don't like Kim Go Eun but Kim Ji Won is a hot star now and it's time for her to play a lead than a second lead. Besides, she's pretty and acts well so I prefer her

• Like 1

On 4/8/2016 at 5:46 AM, deeand said:

hi.. @rhienz back while I use this thread as my signature, but I think you miss it, So lets have a fun time spazzing about Moonlight Dream..

Hi, @deeand Whoa, sorry dear. I didn't notice you quoted me back then. Yeah, let's have fun spazzing. 
This thread is still quite, because there isn't any progress with casting so far, and basically because the drama still has 4 months to air.

Spoiler

Deeand, what signature? Is that what is present below our every post ?
Yeah, i've been wondering , why i can't see any signatures in anyone posts.
It has been years I visited soompi forum before R88. Back then I can see those signatures.

Anyone knew what dramas will be in the same time slot with Moonlight ?
Is it true it will compete against Doctors and W? 

• Like 1

I prefer Kim Go Eun to be the female lead. I just finished watching Coin Locker Girl where both Kim Go Eun and Park Bo Gum are starring, and I was surprised on how much chemistry they two could have. They have quite a chemistry.

I prefer KGE also because KJW is too pretty to be a crossdresser eunuch and KGE will pass as a guy better than KJW. Imo PBG and KGE made a cute couple better than KJW with him looks wise.

I read that KGE is close in finishing the deal with the production team and the role will most likely go to KGE in the end. I hope that's true.

You guys who wanna know how those two's chemistry is can watch the movie. It's not a happy movie though....

• Like 3

I thought they cast kim yoo jung???? I wish for kim yoo jung.kekeke..  Since i saw wikipedia wrote her name. . 

Why kim go eun? I dont think she will good with hanbok.. She look better with long hair.. 

• Like 11

Thank you @Maetawinz for starting the thread.

Waves to familiar faces here, @alekaonu, @NRGchick, @DreamCatcher2011, @riribl, and hello to everyone else.     hi white cloud

Glad for the news that Kim Yoo-Jung is confirmed for the role. I was thinking the other day, that we have not seen her in a drama for some time.

According to AsianWiki Yook Sung-Jae is also confirmed for this drama.

Here is an opportunity to tell DramaFever  that you want to see this drama subbed, by answering their poll.

I suggest people not answer all of them, because it is not going to happen.  You can narrow your selection by not choosing what will most likely be on Viki.

https://www.dramafever.com/news/poll-which-k-dramas-of-2016-are-you-looking-forward-to-the-most-/

• Like 10

YES! YES! YES! This better be real!

Here I was rooting for Kim Jiwon against Kim Go-Eun because Kim Yoojung's name hasn't been mentioned before. And then this happened! Waaah, she's totally my favorite young actress and I'm so on board with this! THANKS DRAMA GODS FOR CASTING A TALENTED ACTRESS OPPOSITE OUR BOGUMMIE <3

First, W! Now, this! I cannot wait for the rest of 2016.

Edited by serhine
  • Like 12

DRAMAS

Park Bo Gum's partner in drama 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds' confirmed to be...

By yckim124    29 minutes ago    6,606    1,823    22
kim-yoo-jung-park-bo-gum_1460683031_af_o

Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung are partnering up for the upcoming KBS2 drama 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds'!

According to the drama producers, Kim Yoo Jung is confirmed to play the female leading role of 'Hong Laon', and she is going to be creating romance with Park Bo Gum or king 'Lee Young'.

SEE ALSO: Kim Yoo Jung's sparkling image earns her a sparkling water brand gig for the 2nd consecutive year!

In the drama, 'Hong Laon' leaves her female identity and becomes a eunuch. The story depicts the growing friendship and love between her and King 'Lee Young'. KBS shared a comment about the actress as they said, "Hong Laon is a character who is lazy, sly, and also lovely. We have no doubt about our decision on the female lead because Kim Yoo Jung has proven her talent and is expected to well portray Laon's charms."

Kim Yoo Jung is taking part in another drama set in the traditional Korean time. What are your thoughts on 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds'?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/park-bo-gums-partner-in-drama-moonlight-drawn-by-clouds-confirmed-to-be
  • Like 11

Kim Yoo-jung to be Park Bo-gum’s leading lady in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds

ParkBoGum_KimYooJung1.jpg

We finally have a heroine for Moonlight Drawn By Clouds, the youthful fusion sageuk starring Park Bo-gum (Answer Me 1988) that went through so many rounds of casting rumors that it was impossible to tell who got real offers and who didn’t. Names like Kim Ji-won (Descended From the Sun), Kim Go-eun (Cheese in the Trap), and Seolhyun (Orange Marmalade) were in the mix, but in the end it was Kim Yoo-jung (Angry Mom) who landed the role.

It’s funny because the press is calling it Kim Yoo-jung’s first leading role, but have we all forgotten Secret Door and the debacle where they cast too young for the character and then replaced her mid-drama, thinking no one would notice? I just hope this time they intend to have high-school-age characters, because Park Bo-gum can certainly play younger and I’d feel better about that overall.

I like Kim Yoo-jung and I think image-wise they fit well together (it helps that he’s a baby in my mind), though in all honesty I was hoping for someone like Kim Ji-won to really sell the romance. With a heroine as young as Kim Yoo-jung (17), I feel like I have to readjust my expectations for sweet, innocent first love.

The Joseon-era palace romance will star Kim Yoo-jung as a young woman who crossdresses to give out love advice. In order to survive, she acts like she knows everything and has everything, and is a pro at acting like a man. She ends up becoming a eunuch in the palace, where she befriends the crown prince (Park Bo-gum) and his rival (which Yook Sung-jae is up to play), and friendship turns to love.

The drama comes from the team behind Who Are You—School 2015, and with Kim Yoo-jung signing on, it’s starting to feel like a sageuk School 2016. Maybe it’s best to think of it that way, because I love high school stories when they’re done well, and that’ll set my expectations up properly.

Moonlight Drawn By Clouds will be a Monday-Tuesday drama premiering in August on KBS.

Via DongA

DRAMABEANS

• Like 14

This drama got my interest since I saw the article on Dramabeans.I found Prince Hyomyeong interesting and has been writing my own fanfic at asianfanfics about him even before this drama was announced.But I used different actors and actress as main leads.

That being said,I love that PBG will be playing as Hyomyeong as I believe prince Hyomyeong has really soft and kind aura which cute PBG has.But his life is kind of tragic in history.

I will closely follow this drama plot to see if this will follow the real history.

• Like 3

Hi everyone, a few days not online~ like a century has past :D

I've just read the news.

DAEBAK!!! I've never thought of Kim Yoo Jung because she is (too) young for an adult-relationship. However, she has them all: good looking, good acting, good personality. And you can see the chemistry between Park Bo Gum and Kim Yoo Jung at the last KBS Award was great, too.

Edit: Oh I was wrong, Kim So Hyun was the MC with Bo Gum, not Yoo Jung, sorry....~~

High expecting!!!

• Like 8

I am one happy girl.. 

Can't really wait for august to come faster.. 

I really love kim yoo jung and glad that she takes the role.. Even I doubt they both will have steamy scene but i think a slight kiss will be okay too!! 

Park bo gum and kim yoo jung will nail the drama!!! And I cant wait for the KBS drama award at the end of the year too.. Song joongki park bogum etc etc love it already 

• Like 9

Kim Yoo Jung Is Cross-Dressing Lead in Park Bo Gum’s Upcoming Romantic Historical Drama

Kim Yoo Jung Is Cross-Dressing Lead in Park Bo Gum’s Upcoming Romantic Historical Drama

Actor Park Bo Gum and actress Kim Yoo Jung will be starring in a new KBS Monday-Tuesday drama “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds (tentative title).”

The affiliates of the drama stated on April 15, ” Kim Yoo Jung has been confirmed to play the female lead role.”

This drama will be based off of the web-novel of the same name. Since the original work was very popular, fans of the novel are greatly anticipating the drama remake.

Park Bo Gum will be playing Lee Young (also known as Crown Prince Hyomyeong), a smart and good-looking prince, and Kim Yoo Jung will be playing Hong Ra On, a girl who cross-dresses to survive but ends up in the palace to meet Lee Young because of unexpected circumstances.

The story focuses on the romance that goes on in the palace in the late Joseon Dynasty. It will start airing in August.

CR: SOOMPI

~~~ YEHEY!!! KIM YOO JUNG WILL BE THE LEADING LADY! CONGRATS TO HER!! FINALLY, HER WISHES CAME TRUE :kiss_wink:

Spoiler

Cr: @MaknaeC

So many great dramas this year!! :heart: & also, it will start on August?? naaaaaa, I think I'll be busier that time..:tears: but I'll just put this on my list then..heheh!!

• Like 16

:

jd.jpg

Osen - Naver: Park Bogum ♥Kim Yoo Jung, why should we look forward to 'Moonlight'?

1. [+4,339, -117] I'm looking forward to it to!! They both have good acting skills and visuals so I'm excited for their collab

2. [+2,977, -151] Looking forward to their chemistry~^^

3. [+3,017, -172] Can this follow the success of 'The Moon Embracing the Sun' and 'Sungkyunkwan Scandal'?? Excited for it^^

4. [+2,484, -125] Really anticipating their acting. I love both. Park Bogum's handsome and Kim Yoo Jung's pretty. So happy that they're the leads. 'Moonlight' will hit daebak

5. [+1,911, -115] Looking forward to it!!!!!!!

6. [+518, -43] In the webtoon, Ra On is in her late teens, Crown Prince Hyomyeong is in his early 20s. This is perfect!!

7. [+533, -49] Daebak!!! Can't stop smiling, why am I trembling?~ I just feel rehydrated already after waiting for this casting news ~ So excited for Kim Yoo Jung and Park Bogum. Congrats~~

Newsen - Nate: Kim Yoo Jung confirmed as the female lead of 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds', romance with Park Bogum 

1. [+722, -29] Hul she's so pretty ㅠㅠ!!! She's a good fit for the role. Definitely going to watch

2. [+656, -30] Park Bogum has a fresh and gentle vibe while Kim Yoo Jung has that maturity to her. Looking forward to their acting and chemistry~

3. [+579, 23] I'll watch it since there's Yoo Jung. She's so pretty, a good actress to boot~

4. [+55, -5] The age doesn't match with the character but her face and image match for sure. Kim Go Eun's casting was laughable

5. [+49, -7] Thank goodness it's not Kim Go Eun

6. [+43, -4] There was a comment on Kim Go Eun's casting article saying "why can't they cast sageuk goddess Kim Yoo Jung instead" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is daebak

7. [+40, -2] This was my ideal pairing ㅠㅠ Looking forward to the visual couple ~~
-
  • Like 21