[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

I'm breaking my self imposed rule of not posting before subs but this episode was so good! So many megawatt WK smiles! And kisses! Multiple! :w00t:

I see we have flashback returns too. I love those. I already knew WK/YT were adorable together in high school and these flashbacks just re-enforced that opinion. Can someone who understands translate the bit about YT's mother? Did she die or leave or what? I'm dying of curiosity and not sure I have the patience to wait another day or two for subs. I'm half tempted to get a dictionary app on my phone and translate the lines [as shown on the bottom of the screen] character by character....

@cooleet Now you see why I was asking if our discussion needed to stick within K-Dramas or not. ;)

@kiaandre I don't use maplestage but I'll pm you a link where I watched the raw. :)

Thanks @moo1304! You translated some of the other parts I was curious about! ZY went overseas?! Hooray! :vicx:

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoilers ...

Ep 11 is soooooooo gosh darn good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, WK & YT got together, plus not just one but TWO kisses!!! The 2nd one was longer and more passionate IMO!!! My thoughts are all over the place. Going to just write what I'm thinking ...

Seems YT's mom knew herself that she was dying (she had a brain tumor or aneurysm) and wanted WK to be with YT. She probably knew WK's feelings towards her daughter (YT's father mentioned that her mom always liked WK), which is probably why she made WK promise to look out over her daughter. WK most likely (based on flashbacks in the previous episodes) knew he & his family were moving to the US, which is why when YT's mom passed away and he was consoling YT, he told YT that he promised her mom to take care of her and to wait for him. That's probably why his friend doesn't understand why WK up & left a good job in the States to move back to Taiwan to run a company that his YT was an employee in.

However, I hope WK will be able to relieve some of the worries that YT has (based on Ep 12 spoilers). YT is so worried that now that she's so close to pure happiness, that it'll be taken away from her suddenly like when her mom passed away. WK suddenly appeared in her life after 10 years, and now that she's with him, she's afraid that he'll up & leave/disappear suddenly too. But, WK in his narration at the very end of the 2nd spoiler tease tells her to not worry. He promised her mom, and he will be by her side forever. {{BTW, he looks so good in casual clothing and tight fitting t-shirt emphasizing his lean & muscular build}}

YT also found out that WK hired and paid all expenses + room & board for the Japanese chef to teach her dad to make delicious omelette rice. She apologized for misunderstanding him and thanked him. That's when WK held her hand. She wanted to pull her hand away, but WK wouldn't let her and brought her hand up on top of the table. Her father & brother had an inkling already, so they were quite pleased when they admitted they were dating, however, she still wants to hide it from their co-workers. Due to him being the CEO and she being a much "lower rank" employee, people at work would gossip. WK remembered that the secretaries before tried to embarrass YT, so he told himself that he needs to protect her.

ZY texted YT that he was able to convince his dad to work with Mei Mei on the soap project, but he had to agree with his parents to spend time with them & accompany them on their trip (I think it's Russia ... though not too sure). He also mentioned that he couldn't sleep that night (when he was interrupted by WK to pulled YT away), and that he wasn't finished speaking with her. When he comes back, he will meet up with her to continue their talk. Dude ... it's way too late. You're also 10 years too late.

WK also thanked AS to be truthful to the person he loves and let her know. She's sad, but it is what it is. He's in love with YT and has been for the past 10 years.

However, being that this is only episode 11 and we have 9 more to go...I'm a bit worried that the scriptwriters will pull something makjong (like most K-dramas) to our OTP (like for example, ZY gets disappointed and heartbroken to hear that YT & WK are together and his father sees that and decides against the collaboration of the two companies). However, based on the 1st set of spoiler teaser for next week, looks like there may be a spy/mole in the team, as their ideas/plans for the project is leaked/stolen by someone else.

I'm going to watch their kisses on a loop now!!!

6 minutes ago, whome said:

Dude ... it's way too late. You're also 10 years too late.

Bahahaha! I've been saying that to him for the past few episodes! Thanks for recapping for those of us stuck waiting for subs. :wub::wub:

I think both YT's mom and dad knew about WK's feelings for YT. It seems to me that the only clueless one was YT herself! Lol! Her parents could probably see that the feelings between YT/WK were mutual even if they couldn't see it themselves as teenagers. 

I wonder if this WK leaving thing will come to fruition. Not that I think WK would voluntarily leave YT but I still think he might have to go to another company after the Mei Mei revival is finished. I have no doubt that WK would ask YT to come with him if that happens but if YT finds out about it before WK has a chance to tell her, then it would seem like all her fears weren't for nothing [and possibly cause another rift].

Spoiler ...

YT wanted to ask WK more questions (when they were eating breakfast the next day after their first kiss), but WK told her to solve the puzzle. After she does, he'll answer all her questions. I'm wondering the puzzle is actually a photo of them in high school. If it is, maybe it will give YT and insight that WK has been in love with her since then.

Just wanted to share something I saw on the facebook page with you guys. Aaron made a post a little further down in the replies too. Looks like they were interacting with fans during the live broadcast. :)

Untitled_zpsqkkbz02f.png

Posted under a pic relating to the WK/YT kiss. [Don't know how accurate that translation is though]

Yes Joanne! It was totally worth it! I take back everything I said and bow down to the dynamite chemistry between Wen Kai & Yu Tang! Lol. 

@evok Hard to tell because Facebook doesn't translate all the comments but it looks like they were just checking in and watching the live broadcast with fans. I only happened to catch Joanne's post because it was stickied at the top of the comments. I don't have any social apps other than Facebook so they may have been talking on IG or Weibo too but I don't know. 

@jovialkitty Me too! I've been re-watching the raw all day and fangirling to my heart's content! I seriously can't get enough of their "Did that really just happen?! What do I do?!" spazzing after the first kiss. And then all the sweet couple time! I'm enjoying it now but all these sweet interactions makes me think a storm is coming and that in a few episodes we're going to get close to zero couple interaction. :crazy:

I feel better and serious! :)

lets come to todays episode...:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t: IT WAS SO CUTEEEE....... ok ok! I'm alright! no cheering!

ehmm...ok

I liked how everything turned into couple story in a short while...at last WK acted more bravely and faster than ZY. Yaasss like a mannnn!! 

I liked how they act as a real couple... no stupid long stares and childish cute games that dramas keep giving to us...this is more realistic...they are like matured real life couple, they are cute but there is still some nervousness on them! ıts always happen at first dates! ıts so realistic...and at second trailer there is a real WKYT date..I hope they acted like how they act behind the cameras, together they are so funny and chatty...they just need to bring that chemistry on cameras..its enough. :)

I liked kiss scenes..I liked how directors hide that second kiss! you jackals!!..they also hide it..they acted like they just kissed on that bridge! you jackals too!! and I have to say both kiss especially the second one was one of the most romantic and tender kiss that I ever see...really passionate but also not like eating each other! very romantic!...and maybe they have pretty lips, they really look good when kissing....that not always happens...

Bc everything happened at this episode I started to think what would happen next!? they already be a real couple... I just guess smth would happen with ZY...I hope not but maybe he would give-up, take back eggcell contract bc of his anger and jealousy! maybe they break up bc of this incident...for able to save team 3's as.s maybe she will break up from WK to able convince ZY and get back to contract..or WK thinks that way! he will think she is giving so much interest on ZY without knowing why she is doing this!!...IDK. but ı feel ZY won't be that easy like Aisha.

and at second trailer she was so sad..ıts about her mom and WK was also sad bc she is sad...maybe she learned smth about her that WK also already know....I guess next episode main concept will be "mom"...

for people who missed second teaser (with eng sub)

and with teaser ıts his 3th time to say..."I will always be at your side" this is worrying me bc when a lead keep saying this you know he wont able to do it... :(

anyway at least we have very cute moments to talk for a long time...

51 minutes ago, cooleet said:

Can someone please explain to me the meaning of "refresh man"? 

ıts not very common phrase but ıt means a person who keep repeating at same place...at business world ıt means a person who is not a fresh man anymore but can't also go further...like YT. she is working there for 5 years but keep staying at secretary position in her fresh man years and can't get promotion and living that fresh man term over and over... and also WK is refresh man...he was a fresh man at love but couldn't confess and go one step further....until this episode of course :)

4 hours ago, evok said:

ıts not very common phrase but ıt means a person who keep repeating at same place...at business world ıt means a person who is not a fresh man anymore but can't also go further...like YT. she is working there for 5 years but keep staying at secretary position in her fresh man years and can't get promotion and living that fresh man term over and over... and also WK is refresh man...he was a fresh man at love but couldn't confess and go one step further....until this episode of course :)

It's like saying someone who's stagnant in his life? Okay thanks. I asked since I was thinking how the theme of the story would actually be applicable to their newly found romance. 

1 hour ago, cooleet said:

It's like saying someone who's stagnant in his life? Okay thanks. I asked since I was thinking how the theme of the story would actually be applicable to their newly found romance. 

yeah somehow...ıts like keep staying as "fresh man" as "rookie"..re-living that position bc you can't go further...sure most of the people are in that position...they get into a company as a rookie in a low statue section..dreaming to get promotion soon when the time comes, some people promoted but they stay in same place ,in same section and same statue without rising at business life...

and WK is also refresh man bc he can't confess always stays as a guy who secretly loved a girl...always living the first step in relation..the guy who is trying to be close or friend of the love interest...

actually ıts a very clever drama title...

16 minutes ago, billtran070708 said:

so close so cute aaron n joanne, they went home together as they live in the same street, like long close friends

https://www.facebook.com/464398796910063/videos/1330924553590812/

aww so cute!....he is not actually going, she is leaving the set but he is sending her off like a boyfriend...a kiss and holding hands... why they are so cute? they are really like best friends ever... their chemistry is 100%...I sometimes find some drama shippers so delulu but this two are naturally calling them.."Ship us! we have real potential!" :)

@evok Don't you hate it when they do that though? [the actors I mean] You really just want to keep your rational judgement but the chemistry just oozes off the couple both on an off screen! No? Just me? Oh well! :D

They're so adorably close though! While I won't ship them while they're not confirmed, I can't say I'd be disappointed to hear they were dating.  

26 minutes ago, phikyl said:

@evok Don't you hate it when they do that though? [the actors I mean] You really just want to keep your rational judgement but the chemistry just oozes off the couple both on an off screen! No? Just me? Oh well! :D

They're so adorably close though! While I won't ship them while they're not confirmed, I can't say I'd be disappointed to hear they were dating.  

I hate it when actors act like they are so close and having feelings for each other infront of cameras or at interviews..but you see in real life they are not real friends, won't see each other after filming... all is fake, just for ratings! bc ıf you make people believe that chemistry they also like the drama and the couple... but this two are already close friends, hanging out together, going each others house..they don't care ıf they look good infront of cameras...they are always lost inside their stupid talks and forget someone is filming them....you can see they are not acting, they are really close...

I can ship them as potential couple but bc they are really close friends ıts not right to examine their every action and say "sure they have feelings for each other"... you can feel the love between them but you don't know ıf ıts a love that you feel for friend or a lover!...so ıts hard for fans to understand what is going on..ıts better to ship them as a close friend..but I know ıf they decide to date, I can cheer for them with all my heart.

15 minutes ago, evok said:

I hate it when actors act like they are so close and having feelings for each other infront of cameras or at interviews..but you see in real life they are not real friends, won't see each other after filming... all is fake, just for ratings! bc ıf you make people believe that chemistry they also like the drama and the couple...

I agree that it's annoying but I just brush it off because it's part of their job. I know I don't like every single person I work with but if they say anything, it will affect the drama and make them less wanted in the industry. Nobody wants an actor who is going to make your drama look bad! Lol. 

Yeah, I won't examine their every action or anything either. I'm fine with them just being close friends; their private life is none of my business. But if they do turn out to be dating, I'd be happy for them because clearly they've established a good relationship already. So it wouldn't be like one of those short lived couples who starts dating because they confuse acting emotions for real emotions. 

Archived