[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/21/2016 at 6:22 PM, evok said:

agree, I think that ramen scene was also another early hint of future process...

We called it didn't we? Lol! :D

I think it would have been better if they'd introduced that in the episode where they did the grocery mule flashback though. That way we'd have had time to forget about it instead of it being thrown in at the last minute. 

I've watched the raw but there's so much info shared in conversations that I didn't understand the majority of it. :( I'll be lurking but probably won't post any comments until I've seen this ep with subs. 

Edit: @kpopfans99 Thanks for posting the Eng subbed preview so fast! :wub:  I hope WK can stick to the promise he makes in the preview...

10 minutes ago, phikyl said:

We called it didn't we? Lol! :D

I think it would have been better if they'd introduced that in the episode where they did the grocery mule flashback though. That way we'd have had time to forget about it instead of it being thrown in at the last minute. 

I've watched the raw but there's so much info shared in conversations that I didn't understand the majority of it. :( I'll be lurking but probably won't post any comments until I've seen this ep with subs. 

haha..like we used to see! but still mom theory is not happening..I wonder how this two will break-up?

lol..I know I'm so bad but I can't stand long term lovey-dovey moments! :rolleyes:...there has to be new excitements for viewers and big happy finale after some worries!...thats always better.

1 minute ago, evok said:

lol..I know I'm so bad but I can't stand long term lovey-dovey moments! :rolleyes:...there has to be new excitements for viewers and big happy finale after some worries!...thats always better.

Don't worry, it's coming. :sweatingbullets:

There's still a lot of secrets between WK/YT that need to come to light, they still have to deal with the company finding out about them dating [not just the supportive ST3], misunderstandings to clear up, the promise between WK/YT's mom has to come out, etc. This is just the calm before the storm.

My guess is the company is going to find out about WK/YT dating and then, soon after, the promise WK made to YT's mom is going to come to light. That will mean YT is going to have doubts about whether WK actually loves her or if he's just with her because of that promise and voila, we have our couple angst. :lol: 

27 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Don't worry, it's coming. :sweatingbullets:

There's still a lot of secrets between WK/YT that need to come to light, they still have to deal with the company finding out about them dating [not just the supportive ST3], misunderstandings to clear up, the promise between WK/YT's mom has to come out, etc. This is just the calm before the storm.

My guess is the company is going to find out about WK/YT dating and then, soon after, the promise WK made to YT's mom is going to come to light. That will mean YT is going to have doubts about whether WK actually loves her or if he's just with her because of that promise and voila, we have our couple angst. :lol: 

yeah I also see company making it worst for them..I can see another YT basement argument with company workers and stupid secretary girls... :) that place is like fight arena! haha

I still trusting ZY for ruining their relations! he need to show his bi.tch face and force things so this two can understand how their love is so deep! and I still wonder ıf she will misunderstand mom issue or not! ıt would be like new "he is taking revenge! oh no! he don't care!..." haha...

I bet my money on ZY and that secretary beaches they have better potential! :P

5 hours ago, kpopfans99 said:

EP 13 Eng Sub :)

Does anyone know the name of the song & artists playing the background for this preview? This song has been played before in a few past episodes too.

5 minutes ago, whome said:

Does anyone know the name of the song & artists playing the background for this preview? This song has been played before in a few past episodes too.

We- Jin Wen Tseng & Fang Wu 

If it's a soundtrack in this drama, I probably have it. :lol: They're all really good! 

I love all the soundtracks but my favorite is probably "Old and New" by Li-Ren Wang.

Here's all the tracks I have compiled together so far. I think I might be missing one or two so let me know if you can't find a song.

Edit: I keep hoping a soundtrack by Aaron will be included but no dice. :tears:

when we are talking about music, ıts better to ask this now..

I'm trying to find the singer and the name of this song...ıts not OST but fanmade MV but the song is killing me...

ıf any of you have an idea about singer or song please inform me..

If you guys are looking for the OST/unofficial songs,

Keane over at A Virtual Voyage has kindly provided a list of songs ;) Just hop over and search for the Refresh Man OST thread. Happy listening!! 

Can't wait till the subs come out...also...kissessssss

Ep 12 was great!!!

Loved the car kiss scene!!! So romantic & sexy at the same time. Their chemistry just can't be contained. Just gonna post my thoughts/comments ... they're not in order ...

WK went to meet up with YT's mom when she was out on errands (she went to buy eggs). YT's mom kinda figured that WK & YT had an argument as WK hadn't shown up at their shop to help out/work for a while. WK had found out that his dad planned to move abroad so he was debating in telling YT's mom this info, when her mom had a headache (she gave an excuse that she didn't get much sleep the prior night). She then made WK promise her something ... that he would look after YT, take care of her, protect her. He promised her he would. YT's mom prior to making WK promise her this commitment, mentioned to him that she is worried about YT. She said that even though YT is seems like she's mature and adult on the outside, but on the inside, she's childlike. WK, although on the surface seems childlike, but on the inside is an mature adult. She was worried that YT places herself with such high standards/on a pedestal to achieve to be perfect, that she's worried that at the slightest mistake/fall, how will she pick herself back up. She also wanted WK to come by that night for dinner to make up with YT. Unfortunately, YT's mom suddenly passed away during her errand afterwards. WK (in narration) told YT not to worry. He will always be by her side.

The next day they went to eat ice at Uncle Wong's shop. Uncle Wong told them that like old times, to bring out their report cards to see who did better (the loser has to treat). YT said she doesn't have any report cards, but WK had taken a pic on his phone with the contract the YT managed to sign with Yours, so she did better than him. However, he reminded YT that he had said in the past that if she gets Yours to sign a contract with Mei Mei, he would treat her to some ice, which he is doing now. Uncle Wong congratulated her, but YT said that WK also helped her alot as well. Uncle Wong then mentioned that in the past WK would purposely lose to her. YT mentioned there was no need for him to lose to her as he got zeros!! LOL! Uncle Wong then noticed that something was off & that they were closer than before. WK told Uncle Wong that they are now boyfriend & girlfriend. Apparently, it seems majority of people from their past are way too happy that they're together! YT's friend, HD, swung by too and found out that they're together (although she was a bit upset at first for not knowing about it as she's YT's best friend). She was a bit puzzled how they ended up together since WK used to have a crush on her back in high school. WK wanted to deny it, but YT got up and said she had to make a call outside. Shen then called WK from outside and WK wanted to tell her that what HD said wasn't true. YT said that she knows, but just let HD think he had a crush on her back then as HD is her closest and best friend and didn't want to have her feelings hurt. So now whenever HD mentions WK having a crush on her back then, WK & YT just smiles along.

Afterwards, it seems they went their separate way, as YT & HD went for a drink. YT confessed that she's scared. That she's so close to being truly happy & content that's it's going to be all gone in a flash. Just like back in high school. She got first place in school, her parents shop was going good, and her mom suddenly passed away. Then WK suddenly disappeared from her life as well. But HD told her there's nothing to be afraid, as WK would just protect her and stay by her, and that she shouldn't be thinking these thoughts. As they were leaving, WK met up with them outside the restaurant/bar to pick YT up and take her home. And then we come to my fave scenes for the episode. It's just romantic all the way. She told WK about her worries, but she had an epiphany and wouldn't think these thoughts. As WK was about to get into the car, she said she had something to say to him. She told him thank you. Thank you for letting me meet you again, and she kissed him. Then WK thanked her for letting him meet her again, and went for a deep & long kiss.

However, my 2nd fave scene is at the office when WK summoned YT to come to his office as he had something to tell her. Her co-workers are already speculating that she's up to something or dating. AS was in the office when YT got there. She also saw the figurines and names of Team 3 and AS explained that WK was helping her along the way. YT thanked WK once again. Then WK asked if she wanted to have coffee (it was their secret code that if one wanted to ask coffee that meant that if they wanted to go home together after work). But YT said no thanks as she already had a cup that morning. Then WK asked her again, and she still said no. WK was so exasperated, he asked her one more time if she wanted to go have coffee, and she was like I had coffee that morning. WK was like you can have it again, but YT was like no I can't have more than 1 cup of coffee. Then she went back to her dept. AS apparently figured out that it was a secret code between them which WK explained what it meant. But it didn't matter as the head of a factory called to meet up with WK that night anyway. When it was time to go home, YT realized what WK was asking her and texted WK if it was still okay to have coffee, but WK was about to leave and ran into her down in the lobby and said he has an appointment now. So he'll call her afterwards.

I'm not too sure about why WK needs to see the head of the factory. I don't know if it's in regards to help produce the soap or not. It's a developing plot.

However, there was bad news regarding Team 3's success. Many stores canceled their soap orders. Seems a competitor was able to offer the exact same conditions as what Mei Mei was offering. So the theory that there's a mole leaking info out. Team leader trusts her team, so it couldn't be on of them. They were speculating if it was Team 1 leader. WK was looking at the security camera in their office, but Team 3 is determined not to let the setback stop them. AS asked if WK was going to help them. WK said no, and that he has faith in them but he was upset about a possible mole.

During Team 3's brainstorming as to how to sell/market soap now, YT told them about going grocery shopping the other day (she almost spilled out that she went with WK), and then used the ramen example. That she wanted to eat ramen, but there were so many brands, until a lady exclaimed loudly that the brand she wanted to eat was this one and it's so good. Customers nearby saw that, and went to get it too till all was out. They decided to use this ploy. One of the guys pretended to be a foreigner and was all excited about Mei Mei's soap and how great it was. It was recorded and put up on YouTube and the video went viral with over million views. People were saying that they knew the foreigner was a fake, but he was so cute, so they went to buy the product. Next thing you know it's being sold out in supermarkets, and everyone was calling about adding more orders to re-stock.

As the weekend came along, Team 3 decided to spend the day and hang out together to have fun, but YT gave the excuse that her father's shop re-opened, and she was needed to help out as it was busy. But she met up with WK. She wanted to eat ice cream, and WK went to get some and ran into Team 3 ... so it looks like Team 3 finds out next week that they're dating as well. 

All in all, I must say I like it. I hope whatever obstacles comes their way, they'll stay together to overcome it.

@whome Thank you, thank you! I'm glad you translated the conversation HD/YT had. I was dying to know what HD would say to YT about her fears. I was laughing really hard at the "cup of coffee" scene though. I could tell YT wasn't understanding what WK was asking even though the code was HER idea in the first place. :lol: It was great to watch WK's reactions. 

Side note: This is in Mandarin right? I really need to just bite the bullet and start trying to learn the language. The complex characters are terrifying though...:vicx:

35 minutes ago, phikyl said:

Side note: This is in Mandarin right? I really need to just bite the bullet and start trying to learn the language. The complex characters are terrifying though...:vicx:

Yes, the entire drama is indeed in Mandarin as 99% of Taiwan dramas are in Mandarin. However, there's some dramas that have dialogue in another Taiwanese dialect that I don't understand...thank goodness for Chinese subtitles.

7 hours ago, evok said:

I'm trying to find the singer and the name of this song...ıts not OST but fanmade MV but the song is killing  

it is " hourglass of memory" by G.E.M Tang

19 hours ago, evok said:

I'm trying to find the singer and the name of this song...ıts not OST but fanmade MV but the song is killing me...

ıf any of you have an idea about singer or song please inform me..

According to shazam (an app) it is: Hourglass of memory - G.E.M Tang.

19 hours ago, phikyl said:

It is not as difficult as learn (i do not know) Quantum mechanics. I am studying since last december and although there is some difficult stuffs, if you watch too many chinese dramas, it may be more easy because you kind of have "little knowledge" about the language. And of course, the first step for anything you want to learn is: to like.

Archived