[Official] Yoo Shi Jin - Kang Mo Yeon

twtwb

10 minutes ago, applegirl2 said:

@livemusical there was some confusion too.. it was initially thought it was smaller in size.. and some also said younger.. 

Someone in baidu asked a Korean fan who was at the FM for the actual korean words said.. in the end .. it was understood as 

Like a younger sister or an older sister to me ..

Before anyone panics.. shk herself has said sjk is very mature and she often feels more childish than him on the set.  Despite being older than him .. even at the FM. . host has teased him and called him 'uncle ' 

Thank you for your further explanation..really appreciate that..

• Replies 36.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how honest JK is, and protective at the same time.  I mean, he's such a pro. What he just stated was like an indirect statement, honest yet still protective of Hye Kyo, he surely knows how to securely drop a sentence. Without being too revealing, just some hints and clues. SJK IS REALLY THE IDEAL MAN FOR SHK. THEY ARE TOO COMPATIBLE. Yaaa!!! You two, get married asap!!! :blush:

11 minutes ago, iammyst_stv said:

So, if the correct translation was "younger sister vs older sister" and not the size, then he actually chose younger. But Hye Kyo's older :( 

Almost all the translations I found circulating on Twitter is smaller in built/size, not age. No need to worry tho, those ideal type traits he mentioned suspiciously resembles to someone we know. And I just remember reading a post back then on how would we know if a celebrity is dating and one of the clues is when the celebrity describes his/her ideal type in details just like SJK said today. It's too detailed that we immediately think of someone coughshkcough

Ah, found the post http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2013/03/lol-how-to-tell-if-idol-is-dating.html

Level ★ [bigger chance of it being something else]
- Lives on their cellphone
- Has three different cellphones (lover/business/regular)

Level ★★ [grounds for suspicion]
- Highly emotional in interviews
- Often talks about wanting to rest or go on vacation
- Clothing style changes (or begins to pay more attention to style)
- Spotted often with other celebrities

Level ★★★ [suspicious]
- Ideal person suddenly changes
- Ideal person becomes more detailed (previously: as long as she's pretty, as long as she's nice, as long as he matches me -> now: I like personalities like ***, fashion style like ***, someone with pretty ankles, etc)
- Spotted making a unique physical gesture repeatedly on TV
- Wears certain accessories for long periods of time (aside from fan gifts)

Level ★★★★ [warning]
- Gets a driver's license 
- Spotted out and about late and night/early morning

Level ★★★★★ [pretty much confirmed]
- Buys a car

LOL! 

We're on "Level ★★★ [suspicious]" now!

2 minutes ago, newgirlblues said:

Almost all the translations I found circulating on Twitter is smaller in built/size, not age. No need to worry tho, those ideal type traits he mentioned suspiciously resembles to someone we know. And I just remember reading a post back then on how would we know if a celebrity is dating and one of the clues is when the celebrity describes his/her ideal type in details just like SJK said today. It's too detailed that we immediately think of someone coughshkcough

Oh but someone posted here that his ideal type was based on a "this vs this", hence he didn't list out those descriptions. Anyway, he still chose the words that perfectly describes someone we know.:)

Lol..guys I'm eating dinner outside and thought I should post my thoughts about this before people panic.

I think the question was "someone like a younger sister" or "someone like an older sister" in terms of their personality when that person is in a relation with him.

To me the question doesn't necessarily have to mean age  

It means does he want to lead or does he want to be lead. So he said he wants to be the one leading the relationship which is pretty much what he's like in real life, he's the one who SHK considers older than herself. Even Jingoo said sometimes SJK feels like someone who is more mature than him, didn't Jasper Cho who is older than SJK by a couple of months say that SJK is so manly that it probably didn't allow them to interact in informal terms. Jiwon said that SJK paid for most of the meals of the cast and crew while shooting - aren't these all basically examples of leading?.

Even the April dinner, he went around organising everything - to me it seems like he doesn't take the younger role in SS's relationship...so basically SHK is like a younger sister?

Hehe...but I guess we all have our own inetrpretations.

Hey @iammyst_stv

This is what I understand - 

What he said was 'like a younger or older sister TO HIM  ' in terms of her behaviour. . Or how he wants to take care of her vs his woman taking care of him 

Contrast that with a younger or older woman in age .. quite different 

EVERYONE- DON'T FREAK OUT !!!

oh my god!!! I was away for the weekend so I didn't get to check the SS thread. 

WHAT A LOVELY SURPRISE!!! I'm smiling from ear to ear right now. BEST DAY FOR SS SHIPPERS EVER!

Dropping hints here and there Mr Song? So subtle of you :phew:  

I HEAR WEDDING BELLS 

Pepe-The-Frog-Happy-02.jpg

4 minutes ago, applegirl2 said:

Hey @iammyst_stv

This is what I understand - 

What he said was 'like a younger or older sister TO HIM  ' in terms of her behaviour. . Or how he wants to take care of her vs his woman taking care of him 

Contrast that with a younger or older woman in age .. quite different 

EVERYONE- DON'T FREAK OUT !!!

I see. Thanks for clarifying. I don't have any video of the ideal type either can understand korean so I'm basing everything from everyone's post. It's just a bit confusing because there are different versions. Anyhow, whatever it is, I'm sailing this ship.

Also guys, wasn't this a fan-meeting?

Think about it - Most of the fans there looked like they were older than him - I don't think SJK would be so insensitive to their feelings by saying "No to Noonas altogether", if at all - to me it looks like he was feeding their *Oppa fantasy*  - which basically is that most women is S.Korea (And I guess Asia too) like the idea of a man who leads them when in a relationship regardless of age.

Copied this gif with great difficulty, it just about perfectly defines the fantasy of every woman in S.Korea.

tumblr_nk0tiz8ryp1rpyw6wo2_500.gif

SJK said he put on facial mask everyday before he goes to sleep right? 

I read an interview about SHK that it's her secret too to maintain her glowing skin. She puts on a facial mask every night.

I don't have links so maybe any of the good SHK's fans here can confirm it or cmiiw?

I know that maybe thousands of Koreans do this too. But because uri OTP said the same thing, I think it's spazzable stuff.

I want to add a little about how SJK is addressing her in public. I swear this is a positive look on it. Will gonna compare him with a girl idol too, but I promise it's for a good reason. 

Spoiler

I've been following Seo Hyeon SNSD for years now. She is someone who speak honorific Korean to her SNSD sisters who she has lived and worked together with for 15 years, because she is the youngest of them all. Eventhough they keep asking her to drop using honorific, she couldn't. 

In her show We Got Married with JYH from CNBLUE, he even use "speak to me with casual language" as a punishment, and for her it was really like a torture, because she felt it was really impolite. 

Of course, she is a very extreme example. 

Koreans take honorific language seriously. When they introduce themselves to each other, they would ask first "Are you older or younger than me? How should I call you and speak to you? It is like that there. 

It is even harder to drop honorific Koreans if you are from a conservative family, because you're taught to speak like that since you're a child. 

Has anyone watch Superman Returns? Song Il Guk and his triplets? He often speaks in honorific language to his little boys. Why? Because he wants to teach them good manners. 

So as we know, SJK comes from a very wealthy family. I'm sure he's been taught since he's very young to speak with honorific. 

Look at Jasper Cho (Daniel). He is only a few months older from SJK and several times ask him to speak casually to him, but SJK refused, because it's just not polite there. 

In my opinion, the way he calls her SHK-sunbae or SHK-noona means he has a good background. 

What these confused people who are worried SHOULD UNDERSTAND is how it's such A HUGE LEAP for SJK to call her "Hye Kyo-ssi" not in one but in two public occasions (in HK and in KBS News). 

From what I know, younger people don't even change from sunbae to noona and to -ssi unless the person is super close to him. 

FYI, Seo Hyeon was finally able to sing a song with casual language to JYH in We Got Married - her on screen husband on the show, after ONE YEAR.

That should make people see how it's such an amazing show of closer bond (if not intimacy) that SJK is already calling her "Hye Kyo-ssi" in public.

He might call her Hye Kyo-yah in private.

Question: did SJK show his phone screen? Did he show the wallpaper on his phone and the picture of the beach in Greece?

And SJK loving Always and singing it is........

Melt-worthy.

I wish I have CCTV on their apartments because I need to see SHK melting too and see SJK consoling her.

Well, I won't put too much stock into the translations regarding the "smaller size" part since there's no clear consensus about the interpretation ... Though I am inclined to believe the "smaller in built" part since it seems the majority of translations lean that way ... I mean, I don't understand how someone could have just come up with that interpretation, but it started somewhere. It would be really nice to have an article on this or a video of that part. Anybody care to stalk Song Joong Ki's DC Inside thread to dig up for clarification? 

Meanwhile, I've delete edited my post (on the other page) regarding that particular translation.

I will, however, rely on his response during his press interview wherein he was asked about his ideal type. Because at least with this part, the English articles from the Korean media provided very similar interpretations ... Credit to @joongkyo and @thepixies for the translation:

Interviewer: You have a scandal with Ms. Song Hye Kyo because you two have a good chemistry. What is your ideal woman? Has it changed when you got older?

SJK: My perfect lady is wise and sensible woman. I always value this the most. I know a lot of sensational report about me was on the press, though. I spent lots of time with Ms. Song Hye Kyo, who helped me a lot throughout filming. Ms. Song is so good to me. Throughout the time, I felt she really deserves the celebrity she currently enjoys. She is a very well-known TV celebrity in Korea. She is very considerate to me especially when in acting. For example, episodes 15 and 16, Ms. Song (Her name is Kang Mo Yeon in the drama) had lots of crying scenes. When Mr. Song Joong Ki (Captain Yoo) was hospitalized, she volunteered to shoot all the crying scenes at one time. As you imagine, it would have been very difficult for Ms. Song to have a mood of crying without a counterpart (Captian Yoo), but she did it for me. I was touched so much. I thought I would do the same things for my counterpart in the future. Ms. Song’s personality is relatively confident and clear. As a junior, I would like to learn such an attitude, too.

Sure he answers the question about his ideal type, but he needn't have referred to Song Hye Kyo, explaining in detail what made her deserving of her celebrity status. But it's rather telling that he explained so much about her ... it seemed to me that he was expounding on his ideal type answer :) 

And again, Joong Ki has had at least two chances to deny the rumors about him and Hye Kyo dating! And in his above response, he doesn't even bother to refute it. I think we should only start to panic when he begins to deny! 

You guys, suddenly I found it lucky when our Ki has finished his military services, which means that our Songsong will not have to be apart from each other for so long.

I call this the arrangement of the lord =)) Kikyo have already known each other before DOTS with good impression for the other, then they meet after Ki discharged from military (also the come-back of both Ki and Kyo), created such an amazing film together, and now their relationship got such a big support from all lovely shippers (like us LOL).

Just turn your marriage dream come true Joongki ssi :wub: Our Beauty has no time to waste any more =)) 

5 minutes ago, angieknows_11 said:

Well, I won't put too much stock into the translations regarding the "smaller size" part since there's no consensus about the interpretation ... And I'll delete the image providing that one translation. 

I will, however, refer to his recent press interview wherein he was asked about his ideal type ... Credit to @joongkyo and @thepixies for the translation:

Sure he answers the question about his ideal type, but he needn't have referred to Song Hye Kyo, explaining what made her deserving of her celebrity status. But it's rather telling that he explained so much about her ... it seemed to me that he was expounding on his ideal type answer :) 

He's also very detailed when it comes to describing SHK. Usually, saying she's a great actress with a good personality is enough, but in his case, he really has a lot to say regarding SHK. He also answered as if the reporter asked him to justify why SHK is his ideal woman. LOL 

On April 16, 2016 at 10:20 AM, twtwb said:

(Excerpts from @smiletall's translation of Song Joong Ki's answers at the April 15 Press Conference. Many thanks, @smiletall, for agreeing to have the translation posted here).

Question: Your teamwork with Song Hye Kyo-ssi was so good that a scandal arose. It also seems likely that your ideal type would have changed as you grew older.  How so?

Song Joong Ki: There were a lot of reports about my ideal type. My ideal type is still a wise woman. That seems the most important to me. While filming “Descendants of the Sun”, I spent the most time with Hye Kyo-noona and I learned a lot [from her]. She is a sunbae-nim who is at a position where I can't even dare to surpass. And watching her constantly work hard left a deep impression on me which made me think "This person isn't Song Hye Kyo for no reason." She is a person who is really considerate to others, which is also apparent in her acting style. In episodes 15 and 16, Kang Mo Yeon had a lot of crying scenes. Because of my injury, she shot them all at once [alone] since I was getting treatment. Since I wasn't making an appearance, she shot the scenes continuously even though it must have been hard. I felt really grateful then. I also want to treat my hoobaes in the same way. Her personality is also very confident. I felt there was a lot I could learn from her as a hoobae. 

Please don't panic about his choice of "younger sister" over "older sister" before we get an official translation. At least we have the "ideal type answer" in his PC above that his ideal type is a wise woman 

Archived