[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

4 minutes ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

I definitely wanted more from Bai Qian and Ye Hua, an extra minute touching on the epilogue isn't a lot to ask for? :(  Ending wasn't rushed and everyone had closure,  but considering what our poor OTP had to go through this was not as satisfying as it could be. But still I'll take this compared to the one in the novel (minus the epilogue)! Liked the tad bit on Mo Yuan near the end, sums up the drama's direction of his feelings as bittersweet. Though he remains lonely, ultimately he is happy because little Seventeenth is happy. The realization of that brought a smile to his face, and gosh I just want to run up to him and give him a big hug for being the best second lead ever in that his love for Bai Qian is no less (and what real love should be about). Give him his happy ending in an alternate dimension (novel) already!  Put me down for the petition to have Mark as Mo Yuan in his own passion-inducing drama !  His wifey Gao Yuanyuan, Tong Liya or Zhao Liying are a few I don't mind seeing as Shao Wan. :tongue:

Anywayyy a big thank you to the wonderful team, cast and everyone who worked tirelessly to bring us the wonderful journey that is Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms to life. One of the few adaptations that IMO is truly better than its source (unless you're here for Pillow Book). It is through this drama I got exposed to a new favorite actor in Mark Chao who I'll be keeping tabs on from now on :) and other memorable faces.

Yes agree , he's definitely the best second lead ever, actually he's my most fav lead in the drama, though i love YH for BQ.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kimlary1234 said:

I tried my best from few days ago to prepare for the worst. Unfortunately, this is literally BS.

They shouldn't have made up any DH/FJ storylines in this drama, because it's a total failure. The worst of all, they changed the characters' personalities.

Yes!! I'm actually kind of upset about what happened to them. Given I understand they don't have Pillow rights but when you take so much liberty in trying to develop this ship at least you can try to make it not like this. I will say this again, absolute trainwreck! The only thing reassuring is that TANG7 actually has a book written establishing them as Otp. If she didn't, imagine what would happen. @_@

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Yes agree , he's definitely the best second lead ever, actually he's my most fav lead in the drama, though i love YH for BQ.

Yes he's my favorite character as well :)  one of the few times in any drama where I like both leads equally for the girl. As much as im deep rooted in my bias for Mo Yuan, I wouldn't touch the OTP -anything otherwise would do my heart irreversible damage. Unlike Mo Yuan who can still get his happy novel ending (and his many Kunlun Xu disciples to count stars with til then), a lonely Ye Hua is as depressing as death itself. Nothing a good fanfic cant do to curb the pain if one is a shifu- BQ shipper :tongue:  

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, peanutbutterjellytime said:

I definitely wanted more from Bai Qian and Ye Hua, an extra minute touching on the epilogue isn't a lot to ask for? :(  Ending wasn't rushed and everyone had closure,  but considering what our poor OTP had to go through this was not as satisfying as it could be. But still I'll take this compared to the one in the novel (minus the epilogue)! Liked the tad bit on Mo Yuan near the end, sums up the drama's direction of his feelings as bittersweet. Though he remains lonely, ultimately he is happy because little Seventeenth is happy. The realization of that brought a smile to his face, and gosh I just want to run up to him and give him a big hug for being the best second lead ever in that his love for Bai Qian is no less (and what real love should be about). Give him his happy ending in an alternate dimension (novel) already!  Put me down for the petition to have Mark as Mo Yuan in his own passion-inducing drama !  His wifey Gao Yuanyuan, Tong Liya,  Zhang Meng or Zhao Liying are a few I don't mind seeing as Shao Wan. :tongue:

Anywayyy a big thank you to the wonderful team, cast and everyone who worked tirelessly to bring us the wonderful journey that is Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms to life. One of the few adaptations that IMO is truly better than its source (unless you're here for Pillow Book). It is through this drama I got exposed to a new favorite actor in Mark Chao who I'll be keeping tabs on from now on :) and other memorable faces.

I agree with you that I think a lot of us expected or want more to the ending but we will take what we can get with our OTP since at least it didn't went with the direction of the novel and just ended abruptedly with "Qian Qian, come here." It is through life and death that they have learn to cherish and love each other and their heart  is finally at a understanding with each other and become one. 

I love Ye Hua both in novel and drama therefore like Ye Hua who only loves BQ, for me - it is a Ye Hua / BQ ship all the way. But I do love Mo Yuan as well (a lot more in the drama than the novel - it's Mark's fault LOL) and the interpretation I get in regards to his feeling differs and BQ feelings (so it makes it hard for me to ship BQ and MY. Maybe I'm like A.Li -- Mommy is only for Daddy (BQ is only for YH), LOL) but I want his happy ending and hearing tidbits of Shao-wan character, I'm a fan of their shipping much more and feel that their shipping would be as great as YH/BQ shipping for me. And omg, I thought the same and feel that if they do a Mo Yuan arc with Mark, they should cast Gao Yuan Yuan as Shao-wan. For me, I just find her to be a great fit based on the minimal description / tidbits we got here and there about Shao-wan. Plus I seen several of her drama before and she can played those mixed of good/evil character so well. And I think I would love to see her and Mark with BTS cause I remember reading an article before that she had mention how in personality, she and Mark are quite similar so I am assuming that they're both goofball and the set would be fun. I think just being around Mark would be fun overall since he's such a goofball. I honestly love seeing all the behind the scene cause he's just that fun to be around type of guy who will always make you laugh. 

Thanks to the production team and the cast for this amazing drama. For showing us and introducing many of us to Mark Chao and his amazing acting as Ye Hua/Mo Yuan. From 3L3W standpoint, even with some interpretation being a hit/miss with some of us, it was overall a GREAT adaptation (and definitely a pity that they could not work around the Pillow Book due to copyrighted) . If there is a Mo Yuan arc in the work, I wish to see this production team with the cast and crew once more :) 

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, moonflower_ said:

Yes!! I'm actually kind of upset about what happened to them. Given I understand they don't have Pillow rights but when you take so much liberty in trying to develop this ship at least you can try to make it not like this. I will say this again, absolute trainwreck! The only thing reassuring is that TANG7 actually has a book written establishing them as Otp. If she didn't, imagine what would happen. @_@

People would throw knives at the writer? Don't get me wrong, I like YH and he deserves to get the girl but I feel like it's so wrong that he & BQ are the only one getting the HE. The other couple should have a chance as well. They could have a much better ending for DH & FJ and the 16th disciple of MY and the nice demon princess. It is clearly obvious that the writer only want YH and BQ to shine. Is it really copy right issues that make them take out all the emotional cuts of DH & FJ, like we've seen in the bts? They didn't even give DH & FJ any intimate scene when the scene is called for, like the time they were husband and wife in the mortal world. It's clearly obvious that they did not want fans to get attached to DH & FJ. But what were they expecting when they add the storyline of one of the most favorite otp and tried to crush it just because they didn't buy the rights to the book? 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, faythe said:

People would throw knives at the writer? Don't get me wrong, I like YH but I feel like it's so wrong that he & BQ are the only one getting the HE. The other couple should have a chance as well. They could have a much better ending for DH & FJ and the 16th disciple of MY and the nice demon princess. It is clearly obvious that the writer only want YH and BQ to shine. Is it really copy right issues that make them take out all the emotional cuts of DH & FJ, like we've seen in the bts? They didn't even give DH & FJ any intimate scene when the scene is called for, like the time they were husband and wife in the mortal world. It's clearly obvious that they did not want fans to get attached to DH & FJ. But what were they expecting when they add the storyline of one of the most favorite otp and tried to crush it just because they didn't buy the rights to the book? 

Dude how can you they say the writer doen't want them to shine when they are the 2nd OTP and had that much screentime and with how many people like them? Like why would any production spend time and money to make an OTP that you don't like? Why would they waste on their money? Does that even make sense or you just throw any things out there because you didn't get what you want?

But this isn't Pillow book drama. For me and probably the production team too their story hasn't really started. How can you they give a happy ending when  this isn't pillow book drama and they haven't gone through all the struggles in the books?

Giving them happy ending to please fans would be even more wrong  than leave an opening ending like this

I know fans want their OTP happy but again please be rational and remember this isn't FJ/DH main drama. It's YH/BQ who went through a lot to get their happy ending first based on order. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, chocolatefruitnut said:

Just watched episode 58 at bilutv...gosh those people are amazing to have upload it so early with subs!

I expected more with the ending! I want more lovey dovey scenes! I want the epilogue where BQ is pregnant again!

Am glad to see MY smile at that last part...thanks writers for showing he had closure. Actually they did give us closure on all the other characters...just not the endings we wish for.

Here's hoping that T7 quickly finish her MY/SW story (does anyone know where to read this partly writen story along with Lian Song's story?) & 16th will take a clue & go after Yan Zhi!! And off course Mark can reprise MY role & we all have another chance to revisit everyone again...

Yes any little tidbits, English translated. Of MY/SW. 

There will be a FF once I get my hands on what the author has written thus far.  MY deserves love too.  But they it's best to experience love than nothing at all.  Although there was a story (short) I read on Shushengbar...about God of War and the tenacity of a rock in the demon world wanting to be his wife and they also go through lifetimes.  The author is rewriting it to add more chapters so that it gets adapted to dramaland.  I will get the proper title for those who wants to read.  Female lead is so cool and she does make the Immortal/God fall in love and take lightning trials for her too...

but back to YH/BQ, they've followed the book to a T, why couldn't they just give us more warm and fuzzy feelings...just a bit more between the OTP? (Have you gals watched KDrama Secret Garden?  That's how things should end lol) I feel so bad for YH but that's unconditional love and sacrifice for you.

Yes going to start over with proper English subs for it and enjoy it the upteenth time lol!!!

Cyber Hugs and Hi5 to all here who made it to the end.  Side note: PB/PB2 was better to read...but it is what it is with copyrights issue.

I wonder do actors prefer movie or drama?  I hope to see Mark start on new projects soon after this huge success for him and the team/crew

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, faythe said:

It's clearly obvious that they did not want fans to get attached to DH & FJ.

Then they did a really bad job. For that little screen time they had (and not even one non-fake kiss), we got to much addicted to them. When they have gotten more time, they probably have outshined the Makjang couple.:tongue:

• Like 5

My heart is bursting.. mixed feelings.... i love the happy ending between Ye Hua and Bai Qian... Somehow, I have this weird attachment with Mo Yuan.. (I'm like T__T)....I know it's destiny that YH-BQ is the ultimate OTP..... But i want happiness for MoYuan too.....(crying T___T)... Also, I'm sad with how Feng Jiu -Dong Hua Dijun's relationship panned out.... I mean... whats going on here.... All or nothing??? i'm like T_T again.....I feel bad that Li Jing's sister doesn't have any lovely ending.... I so wanted her to be happy....  Anyways... i love this drama.. a lot... i love the casting.... the OST... cherry blossoms... everything... the end of this drama opens to a whole new chapter to March 2017... :-) Thank you everyone for explaining so many things and recapping.... Kudos! <3

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, bbssinq said:

Dude how can they say the writer don't want them to shine when they are the 2nd OTP and had that much screentime?

But this isn't Pillow book drama. For me and probably the production team too their story hasn't really started. How can you they give a happy ending for them with this isn't pillow book drama and they haven't gone through all the struggles?

Give them happy ending is even more wrong than leave an opening ending like this

I know fans want their OTP happy but again please be rational and remember this isn't FJ/DH main drama. It's YH/BQ who went through a lot to get their happy ending first based on order. 

The main issue lies within their storyline. If you said the story hasn't really started, that's a bit of a stretch when it actually has. Even if another production company picks PB books, it will be hard for them to create a drama based on PB as there's a different storyline exists. PB timeline is parallel to the Ten Miles book and the idea of the book is FJ's unrequited love to Donghua Dijun for thousands of year. Donghua isn't supposed to know that FJ has been in love with him at the beginning of their 'first meeting'. And btw, I know this is Ten Miles drama, don't get me wrong. It's because their promotional materials were misleading.

This is from PB 2

“Xie Guchou sighed, “He never knew your feelings in those days, and perhaps will never know the rest of his life. Weren't you sad that he was indifferent to you?”

Fengjiu murmured, “How could I not be? But I became a pet so that I could be with him. It was only natural to be treated as a pet. That was how it was for pets. Sometimes we are loved, sometimes we are not. His indifference toward me did make me a bit sad. Maybe it was because I didn't see myself as a pet deep down inside after all.”

“You have humbled yourself enough in front of him,” Xie Guchou replied, shaking his head. “For him, you abandoned your precious fur, your respected station, and your family and friends. If you were repaying a favor, these have been enough.”

Fengjiu closed her eyes. “Forget those. They were only my yearnings; they can't be mistaken for gratitude.” 

25 minutes ago, usagi1997 said:

Then they did a really bad job. For that little screen time they had (and not even one non-fake kiss), we got to much addicted to them. When they have gotten more time, they probably have outshined the Makjang couple.:tongue:

Lol at makjang couple

• Like 2

i liked there at least some scenes wth ah li but i wish they showed his reunion with YH all we got was him looking at his parent reunion YH was too busy with BQ he didnt even acknowledge is son and whole ending with the chess you have to win against me to see ur dad i wanted just one scene with the happy family together 

i get all the complains about FJ and DH i was very annoyed with DH and FJ in the drama with his not showing emotion and her sacrificing everything for him that i started to read the pillow book to see why everyone likes the couple personally i only like them in the drama because of the actors

im trying to watch vlove for FJ and DH but the show is too confusing and i dont know whats going on

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bbssinq said:

Dude how can they say the writer don't want them to shine when they are the 2nd OTP and had that much screentime?

But this isn't Pillow book drama. For me and probably the production team too their story hasn't really started. How can you they give a happy ending for them with this isn't pillow book drama and they haven't gone through all the struggles?

Give them happy ending is even more wrong than leave an opening ending like this

Actually no they don't have lots of air time together. Sujin has more air time than them. The only reason it looks like they have lots of air time is because of their amazing screen presence and chemistry. I don't believe anyone expect them to have a happy ending, but maybe a more positive open ending. YH & BQ is the main and even if they other couples are well written, it still wouldn't affect their storyline. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

• Like 3

So I've been so busy with school so I haven't been too caught up :(

BUT omg watching these trailers and spoilers. :bawling:

They freaking have a kid together!! They still won't let her send him off for his "final" moments?!?!

Yang mi and Mark's acting for these scenes are spot on. I'm really impressed with YM's acting too!! Her character changed so much, like in the beginning I was wondering if her acting wasn't that expressive but it could be character isn't that expressive. But everything she had to go through, all those emotions in the last few eps. It makes sense and I like her portrayal of her role. :)

Mark's acting is perfect! We all know it and I can't wait for his next work. I can't think of another person to play YH.

:heart:

• Like 9

I swear sujin have too many darns scenes! enjoyed the whole drama and just regret the 2nd lead pair didn't have their HE. this production needs to go buy whoever have the PB production rights and make a HE for Dijun and Fengju! i cannot imagine another pair if it is not them. so much feels right now!

• Like 2

Spoiler

BTS for last two episodes, I think there are more on youtube. Kudos to Yang Mi, she had so many scenes of crying that she had to keep the tears on and on.....

EDIT- added another in spoiler tag.

i know we discussed and said Yang Mi was inconsistent in her acting, but the last few episodes there was a lot of emotions involved, SHE IS BAI QIAN. Well done clap clap clap clap, I look forward to your future dramas Yang Mi.

• Like 10

Anyway enough with the depressing thoughts. I will just rewatch all DH & FJ scenes. I wish I'm techy enough to combine all their scenes in a DVD. I hope that their love story will continue on in another drama. I just realized FJ received alot of love in the drama and in the novel. Everyone in the Fox clan loves her; the celestial fairy loves her - mostly men, Siming, Xie Gou Chou (lord of the underworld), Yan Yiwu, demon lord loves her like a bestie kind of love. DH the most unapproachable man to exist loves her. Not only do they love her, they also indulged her every whims as well. 

• Like 6

Apart from Ye Hua & Bai Qian couple and Dong Hua & Feng Jiu pair, I love 3rd Uncle & his ex-girlfriend,
Li Jin & Si Yin, Si Min & Feng Jiu. These people are delightful when they are together.

5893961290736292574.jpg

10852580543957961214.jpg

704_2112531_156477.jpg

Below are my other favorite characters.

704_2141445_735858.jpg

704_2120467_231671.jpg

http://www.sinaimg.cn/dy/slidenews/4_img/2017_09/704_2141443_569695.jpg

704_2120477_569842.jpg

704_2141444_770798.jpg

LJcR-fyavvth7513402.jpg

And of course my little Riceball, I'm going to miss you...

704_2120479_273865.jpg

704_2141450_907505.jpg

• Like 5

why does every mainland china drama have the male heroine spit out blood no matter what injury he gets i dont know it annoys me so much me and my mom complain about that to each other i havent seen one mainland ancient time with wu xia drama where they dont have at least one person spit out blood 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sary Em said:

Yes any little tidbits, English translated. Of MY/SW. 

There will be a FF once I get my hands on what the author has written thus far.  MY deserves love too.  But they it's best to experience love than nothing at all.  Although there was a story (short) I read on Shushengbar...about God of War and the tenacity of a rock in the demon world wanting to be his wife and they also go through lifetimes.  The author is rewriting it to add more chapters so that it gets adapted to dramaland.  I will get the proper title for those who wants to read.  Female lead is so cool and she does make the Immortal/God fall in love and take lightning trials for her too...

but back to YH/BQ, they've followed the book to a T, why couldn't they just give us more warm and fuzzy feelings...just a bit more between the OTP? (Have you gals watched KDrama Secret Garden?  That's how things should end lol) I feel so bad for YH but that's unconditional love and sacrifice for you.

Yes going to start over with proper English subs for it and enjoy it the upteenth time lol!!!

Cyber Hugs and Hi5 to all here who made it to the end.  Side note: PB/PB2 was better to read...but it is what it is with copyrights issue.

I would love to read it if you can find the proper title for it @Sary Em 

It would be nice if the few chapters of Mo Yuan arc was floating around for translation. I am pretty sure you guys probably know by now that I am quite intrigue with Mo Yuan arc just because 1) it's Mo Yuan of course (he deserve his happy ending and I want him to love a woman who can rattle him to no end) and is sure that in these twin gene, when they love, they love that person to no end; and 2) the love interest sound so cool and she's DH best friend. I can see Mo Yuan making many sacrifices for her just like YH making many sacrifices for BQ and who knows, DH can teach him to be thick-skinned and YH can teach him to be shameless when it comes to love, LOL.

I do like this production and their adaptation to the 3L3W since they didn't change the story around and follow very well with the novel. Parts I feel they have done much better than the novel itself. But do find it a pity that they could not do something with DH/FJ storyline due to copyright issue which I can understand that any copyright issue can create bigger issue for the drama itself (and they could lose mistrust with the author that any future adaption from the author, the author could rejected them from doing)...it is a sad thing but I did hope they could give or at least implied in some way for viewers to interpretation of a possible happy ending (like they had implied Mo Yuan feelings for BQ).

It would be nice if the production have bought rights for all of Tang7 3L3W series but they couldn't. Sadly, it is what is it and the overall drama is truly an adaption of 3L3W which the focal point and focus is Ye Hua and BQ love than transcend 3 lifetimes together (through love and sacrifices) to truly find their happily ever after.

• Like 10