[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

Not yet a good-bye since I'll be around to watching with sub but I do want to give a shout out to my favorite character - Ye Hua, the man who whether fated or not, fought and die for love.

Out of all the guy in the drama, Ye Hua is one for me (and this is my personal opinion) that fought hard for love to get his happy ending. As viewers and a few character in the drama, we say they are fated but I don't believe (correct me if I am wrong) that there has been a moment that Ye Hua see or say they are fated to be. Because if so, I don't think Ye Hua would fight and sacrifice so much for love, for a place in her heart (knowing the outcome that they'll be together regardless).

I find "fate" more of a pushing force for the couple in here (and not just YH and BQ). I don't see it as they're fated to be together so regardless of what we do, they'll be together since they're fated for it because we have seen many couple or character in here were fated to meet however they were not fated to be together. Fate for me is only a pushing force (a guidance) like similar to a Grim Reaper who guide people to their death, fate guide people to each other - a fateful encounter, however it does not control the outcome or future of that encounter. The outcome lies in the action and behavior of the individual. I don't see "fate" as having a control of a person's love. A person's love is in their own hand and it's actually up to the individual to decide whether they want to conform to the belief that this force called fate controls their love or to be their own controller of love. 

Which I can sum up the comparison between DH, MY, and YH (drama wise). DH and FJ were fateful to meet at that one chance encounter and she becomes indebted and falls in love with him. However for DH (regardless if FJ slowly crept into his heart and he has feeling for her), he, himself falls victim to that belief that "fate" controls your life and he is not fated to be with her. He conform to the belief that they are not meant to be rather than fight for the love. Love is putting effort in fighting against the impossible which he did not do so, he conformed that he has no fate therefore not meant to be. But it's okay guys, when the chance no matter how small or slim it is comes, DH grab it and eventually will fight that suppose fate to be with FJ. He will fight for love. (well in the novel to say, LOL)

Fate bought BQ to Kunlun, hence leading to Mo Yuan fateful encounter with her and from the start, knew she was a girl. And whether the drama implied he liked her at first sight or not,in that 20,000 year together where his feeling may have went above that of a shifu - he took no action and they remain at a stalemate of a master and student relationship. Even at the point of life and death, rather than confessing to Si Yi "I love you, wait for me" he only tell her to wait for him and so like all of his other student, Si Yin took it the same. Shifu is a God of War, he will return back to us. And so for Mo Yuan not taking action, the result becomes a misopportunity and like DH, Mo Yuan accepted that he was not fated to be with her. But it's okay guys, this smexy shifu has a complicated love/hate relationship with another Goddess so we'll eventually get an explanation on his debatable feelings for BQ and whatever obstacles comes, maybe this time he'll fight for the sake of love. :wink: 

Now onto Ye Hua who different from DH and MY, he fight for love to the point of being shameless. LOL! Remember BQ becomes a mortal and her love trial could've of been anyone. However fate (that great pushing force) lead her and Ye Hua to meet (even not in his human form). But it is their action that leads to love. Su Su action in nurturing and caring for him touches him and even when he turn into his dragon form, he did not stop from seeing her. Rather, he took action to be with her. A dignified crown prince would shamelessly find method to win a woman's heart and be with her. And even after their second fateful encounter with her forgetting their past and him realizing he was only her love trial, a love trial that could've of been with any guy, he took initiative and action to win her all over again. He shamelessly imposed on her and would do anything in his power to be with her and sacrifice for her (even if her heart was elsewhere). He (I don't believe) see them as fated to be but regardless, he makes effort so that he could have a place in her heart. Even when he believe that there is something between her and Mo Yuan, he did not give his love nor conform to the idea that they're not fated nor they're not meant to be. He even then, still want to be with her. And this is why I find that out of the 3, Ye Hua is one who is firm in his feeling, in his love. People around him can try to tear him apart but he would do everything he can to protect his love. He control his life, his own love.

Persistence, endurance, sacrifice in fighting for what is worth, never giving up hence he definitely most deserving of his happy ending whereas the other couple (DH/FJ, 16th and Yan Zhi) may loved but they conform to that "fated" belief that it is beyond their control, accepting that they're not meant to be. (drama-wse in here since we know DH/FH from PB novel) 

Hopefully I'm wording this right. Honestly it made a lot more sense in my mind - if not, just pretend I am sprouting nonsense, LOL.

By the way, do anyone have photo gallery of Shifu on 3L3W...most of the site I went to have mostly Ye Hua and BQ and I could hardly find any of Mo Yuan *tears*

• Like 19

23 hours ago, Rivajuu said:

I don't know why but truly-worth-reading romance novels rarely get adapted :(But you're Chinese, right???

Where do you look up these lists of truly-worth-reading romance novels? Point me there please :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moonflower_ said:

omg. this was a fail. so i thought i should take a stab at translating. this is way harder than i thought and i was just trying to translate the summary/except from baidu. some words just sounds plain strange in english or awkward english counterpart. i tried to phase it that would make sense in english... anyway, very, extremely rough translation of mo yuan's story excerpt/summary/whatever sorts posted on baidu. i tried...LOL 

i think Feng Xing is a man....=X

---- 

I woke up on the day of Mo Yuan's wedding.

I asked Feng Xing: how many times has he married?

Feng Xing answered: 1st marriage

I calculated, I felt asleep when I was 170,000 years old, slept for 190,000 years, he was a couple thousand years younger than me which meant he should be around 360,000 years old. With that said, he should have a group of kids by now. If this was his first marriage then this must have not been easy.

Feng Xing said: Ancestor, that year that you felt asleep, we buried you in the foot of the mountain.The mountain shook up upon your awakening and the bride’s sedan chair was passing through the foot at that time.

I was shocked: Is she injured? 

Feng Xing shook his head: No, but the boulders tumbled down and blocked her path from entering Kunlun at an auspicious time. Heard the next time would be 700 years later. The ceremony will be need to postponed to 700 years later.

Feng Xing looked regretful: Ancestor, you wake up and ruined the God of God's wedding! No wonder you’re our leader!

I said: Of course, I’m our leader. As part of the demon tribe, we’re always going to be on opposite ends with them.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!! Soo excited for MY & his girl! 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Lyna said:

Which I can sum up the comparison between DH, MY, and YH (drama wise). DH and FJ were fateful to meet at that one chance encounter and she becomes indebted and falls in love with him. However for DH (regardless if FJ slowly crept into his heart and he has feeling for her), he, himself falls victim to that belief that "fate" controls your life and he is not fated to be with her. He conform to the belief that they are not meant to be rather than fight for the love. Love is putting effort in fighting against the impossible which he did not do so, he conformed that he has no fate therefore not meant to be. But it's okay guys, when the chance no matter how small or slim it is comes, DH grab it and eventually will fight that suppose fate to be with FJ. He will fight for love. (well in the novel to say, LOL)

Now onto Ye Hua who different from DH and MY, he fight for love to the point of being shameless. 

Persistence, endurance, sacrifice in fighting for what is worth, never giving up hence he definitely most deserving of his happy ending whereas the other couple (DH/FJ, 16th and Yan Zhi) may loved but they conform to that "fated" belief that it is beyond their control, accepting that they're not meant to be. 

Very well said. It makes sense about what the production team managed to lead the audience.

I am just sad that they make our badass DH novel who is shameless and never gives "fate" a richard simmons to be so easily conformed. I understand this is TMPB but it doesn't mean they need to twist their spirit upside down to buff the main leads though. But yeah I talk to myself that this is just a beginning, they will meet again soon and that's where their story goes on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

all those ep are also my favorite too..pevy to the maxx =P ... then add ep 35 due to YH shameless thick skin sleeping with BQ LOL and then add 36 becuz she's baddass when she took revenge on XN and on top of that YH even more shameless thick skin keep calling her his wife in the mortal world xD even when Siming was there ...

I also love when they spend their time in the mortal world when BQ was still SuSu ... SuSu running YH trying to catching her (then the bts video was hilarious xD).. SuSu playing with the peach blossom as YH look at her ... I still can't bring my self to watch SuSu in heaven...

anything involve with skingship with YH and BQ are my favorite =P .. i'll cheer on that shameless YH to the max

Can post video link bts susu running yh trying to catch her? Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, faythe said:

I thought of another novel that suit Vengo and Dilabra as the otp. I heard Go with the Flow of Love has been bought. By who I don't know. I can totally see them as otp. I loved that novel. The main character is like DH from the novel. They have similar type of personality. If with the right chemistry and production, it can be quite popular as the book itself and the OTP is quite a fan's favorite as well.

It's weird recently I can't take in any other novels besides PB. I still have to re-read a few chapters of PB before going to sleep. Last night I tried Liehuo Rogue but after a few pages, PB was in my hands again. PB with DH&FJ is too addicted. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, whitesky20 said:

@n00dle.is the General and I not good? Was thinking of trying that next since its on the same YouTube channel as Eternal Love. 

Me too don't know what to look forward to after work now haha. Although probably should start paying more attention to my BF again, he's like to our dog every time I go into the bedroom to spend my alone time watching - "What happened to mummy? She's disappeared again!" XD

One of my friends refuses to watch anything until it finishes. She started watching last night and messaged me "You probably won't see me at work Thurs/Fri" hahahaha.

I've still got the HD version on Youtube for the last 2 eps to watch tonight but seriously don't know what I'm going to do after that.

Maybe write a fanfic haha!

I watched General and I right before I started this. I think the directing was not on par with the directing for this show at all, but the chemistry between Wallace and Angela were good enough - or maybe I should say Chu Bei Jie's (Wallace) persistent love for Bai Ping Ting (AngelaBaby) was enough to keep me watching. Moments when they managed to come together and be the power couple were very satisfying, unfortunately it didn't happen as much as I would have liked.

I think I saw in a promo for TMPB that it was directed by the same director as WuXin Monster Killer - and that was a big reason I started watching this show. I absolutely loved it - but hated the ending. I still recommend it though!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lyna said:

Not yet a good-bye since I'll be around to watching with sub but I do want to give a shout out to my favorite character - Ye Hua, the man who whether fated or not, fought and die for love.

Out of all the guy in the drama, Ye Hua is one for me (and this is my personal opinion) that fought hard for love to get his happy ending. As viewers and a few character in the drama, we say they are fated but I don't believe (correct me if I am wrong) that there has been a moment that Ye Hua see or say they are fated to be. Because if so, I don't think Ye Hua would fight and sacrifice so much for love, for a place in her heart (knowing the outcome that they'll be together regardless).

I find "fate" more of a pushing force for the couple in here (and not just YH and BQ). I don't see it as they're fated to be together so regardless of what we do, they'll be together since they're fated for it because we have seen many couple or character in here were fated to meet however they were not fated to be together. Fate for me is only a pushing force (a guidance) like similar to a Grim Reaper who guide people to their death, fate guide people to each other - a fateful encounter, however it does not control the outcome or future of that encounter. The outcome lies in the action and behavior of the individual. I don't see "fate" as having a control of a person's love. A person's love is in their own hand and it's actually up to the individual to decide whether they want to conform to the belief that this force called fate controls their love or to be their own controller of love. 

Fate bought BQ to Kunlun, hence leading to Mo Yuan fateful encounter with her and from the start, knew she was a girl. And whether the drama implied he liked her at first sight or not,in that 20,000 year together where his feeling may have went above that of a shifu - he took no action and they remain at a stalemate of a master and student relationship. Even at the point of life and death, rather than confessing to Si Yi "I love you, wait for me" he only tell her to wait for him and so like all of his other student, Si Yin took it the same. Shifu is a God of War, he will return back to us. And so for Mo Yuan not taking action, the result becomes a misopportunity and like DH, Mo Yuan accepted that he was not fated to be with her. But it's okay guys, this smexy shifu has a complicated love/hate relationship with another Goddess so we'll eventually get an explanation on his debatable feelings for BQ and whatever obstacles comes, maybe this time he'll fight for the sake of love. :wink: 

Now onto Ye Hua who different from DH and MY, he fight for love to the point of being shameless. LOL! Remember BQ becomes a mortal and her love trial could've of been anyone. However fate (that great pushing force) lead her and Ye Hua to meet (even not in his human form). But it is their action that leads to love. Su Su action in nurturing and caring for him touches him and even when he turn into his dragon form, he did not stop from seeing her. Rather, he took action to be with her. A dignified crown prince would shamelessly find method to win a woman's heart and be with her. And even after their second fateful encounter with her forgetting their past and him realizing he was only her love trial, a love trial that could've of been with any guy, he took initiative and action to win her all over again. He shamelessly imposed on her and would do anything in his power to be with her and sacrifice for her (even if her heart was elsewhere). He (I don't believe) see them as fated to be but regardless, he makes effort so that he could have a place in her heart. Even when he believe that there is something between her and Mo Yuan, he did not give his love nor conform to the idea that they're not fated nor they're not meant to be. He even then, still want to be with her. And this is why I find that out of the 3, Ye Hua is one who is firm in his feeling, in his love. People around him can try to tear him apart but he would do everything he can to protect his love. He control his life, his own love.

Persistence, endurance, sacrifice in fighting for what is worth, never giving up hence he definitely most deserving of his happy ending whereas the other couple (DH/FJ, 16th and Yan Zhi) may loved but they conform to that "fated" belief that it is beyond their control, accepting that they're not meant to be. (drama-wse in here since we know DH/FH from PB novel) 

Hopefully I'm wording this right. Honestly it made a lot more sense in my mind - if not, just pretend I am sprouting nonsense, LOL.

By the way, do anyone have photo gallery of Shifu on 3L3W...most of the site I went to have mostly Ye Hua and BQ and I could hardly find any of Mo Yuan *tears*

I totally agreed with you Lyna.

• Like 3

@moonflower_ omg, you are awesome. Regardless if it's a rough translation or what's not, I'll take what you can give us on Mo Yuan arc, lol. 

That's just so hilarious and I can see why she and DH are best friend. They're probably very alike in personality. I mean just that excerpt/summary really make me want more of their story. Too bad Tang7 can't write both novel at the same time - chapter rotation lol. One chapter for Mo Yuan novel 1 day, and another for Lian Song, lol. Win win situation.

Shao-wan sound hilarious and I can see her being the death of Mo Yuan in a good way. It's so funny that not only did she ruin his 1st marriage but calculate his age, she think he should have plenty of kids now and something is wrong with him to be married at his age and it's his first marriage. That would be a funny running gag that she always either mess up his love life or mess up his wedding day. And I can definitely see her being one to use her age to outrank Mo Yuan, hahaha.

She's going to owe Mo Yuan a debt now for sure since she ruin his wedding day. 

And just that excerpt made it interesting since it sound like she isn't even in love with Mo Yuan. I figure if they had a history and a complicated love/hate relationship,  she would sound unhappy about his wedding but doesn't sound like she's in love with him yet. Unless *gasp* she don't remember, lol.

And how funny that both twin brother love interest are older than them in age. And given how 3L3W implied and leave room for interpretation on Mo Yuan feeling,  it would be funny to see a reverse on his novel with Shao wan (being like YH in term of love - falling and loving one person alone) whereas MY is like (BQ) experiencing several love suitors on her - Li Jing, Bifang, Ye Hua twice.

-------------

After all the tears (whether from heart break or joy), I'm so happy they have BTS clips because those BTS clip are such a great dose of laughter. Mark is such a goofball and just make you love him more.  He's completely opposite his character. He such a fun to be around guy and the atmosphere of the team is so great. Love binging on these BTS clips for good laugh at Mark silliness, lol.

• Like 7

@Lyna I'm praying she gets hit by some crazy, huge, irresistible plot bunny and must drop everything to write mo yuan's arc. I forgot who mentioned whoever lived near TangQi should clean her house(?) in the earlier thread. If she was my neighbor, I would totally bake her cookies and bring her flowers...take care of her garden...LOL Heck, I can even find her unemployed friends and relatives jobs. I'll offer her my recruiting services. HAHAHA.

That summary was on Baidu's Bodhi Fate page, I'm not sure if she's sticking with the current summary since she took down her chapters to start over. We'll probably get something completely new. I hope when she does write, she writes in a linear way? I remember she would go back and forth between present and past. It was so confusing for me to understand what was happening. And hope she keeps Father Immoral sane and not like Ye Hua's train wreck of a family. She did set it up that Shao Wan does like Mo Yuan and reminiscent on how it is long passed and she's not going to like dwell on it. I think Mo Yuan slowly became attracted to her. Definitely not love at first sight like it was with Bai Qian! (=X) TQ made it seem like they were both kind of annoyed with each other at first. 

I totally wouldn't mind if MY has multiple peach blossoms. Tho he doesn't seem like the type that would be involved in many relationships?? Maybe he gets aggressively pursued? I can imagine shifu being chased by all sorts of women like what's her face in the earlier episodes moving her place next to his. I remember she had an appearance in TQ's chapters. I'm super curious on who the pursuer is between the two. TangQi never got far into writing it. I'm not sure if shifu would aggressively chase SW tho it seemed like he wasn't afraid of skinship. I'm not sure SW would aggressively chase shifu either? She seems a little defeated, conflicted when it comes to her relationship with him? Maybe he rejected her several times and she got tired...LOL. Shifu is probably breaking hearts left and right. HAHAHA. 

• Like 5

Shao Wan and Mo Yuan  sounds like another jie-di relationship.  Jie-di is basically noona-dongsaeng  (older sister-younger brother) and Gao Yuanyuan really would be perfect if Mark is Mo Yuan again (if drama gods answers our prayers) since they are a real life jie-di couple and Mark is super devoted to her and they're like freaking married, so they must have great chemistry. The beautiful Tong Liya would also get my vote as Shao Wan, since she pulls off those cunning seductress/grey-area vixens so well - her visuals alone would be perfect as a great Demon Realm beauty. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR80UoVQ6dNtYk4evcPjv6 

Hearing more about this thanks to @moonflower_ for translating an excerpt,  I am excited about Mo Yuan's novel. No surprise Mo Yuan is the old fashioned, by the book kind while Shao Wan sounds like an unconventional character who challenges the status quo. Tang Qi will need to handle her properly, so to avoid making her into a kind of spoiled brat as there is great potential in this character/relationship and I want to be able to root for her! Looking forward to how this love/hate relationship unfolds and how she will grind his gears, but more importantly, be the one to open his eyes/perspective on life. I guess there is a reason why she is the leader/ancestor of the Demon Tribe who are complete rogues and opposite to the ever rigid Heaven Realm, and I'd like to see what it is that made him much more "watered down" version of his inflexible self by the time of Ten Miles. 

Look at me, clearly I've been hit hard with a serious case of withdrawls  :bawling: and for the first time since the past month, I will be waking up in the morning feeling empty there won't be 2 episodes waiting to start off my day. This is serious you guys. :(  

• Like 4

Good evening All

I wanted to personally thank everyone on the forum for allowing me to rant, gush and ramble on about 3L3W.  It's been a real pleasure and a wonderful journey watching 3L3W together. I don't think it would have been that enjoyable without everyone's lively discussion, perspective and contribution.

And well, let's be honest I'm still totally smitten with Mark as YeHua. :blush:

I'm currently waiting for the steady release of English subtitles and I must say it's soooo much better when you actually understand (finally!) what they're saying. In fact, I'm enjoying the drama even more.

I'll probably won't say too much from hereon but I wanted to particularly thank you @Purestupidity for painstakingly summarising the drama. Your dedication and efforts are definitely recognised. For those who are Chinese useless we can't thank you enough! Of course, my fellow Soompi members who made me laugh and smile throughout the drama with your comments. They are truly gems and I will treasure those moments!

Have a wonderful drama-rific year and I hope I'll have the joy and pleasure of meeting some of you again :heart::grin:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dominique Lola said:

Could someone post a link to the PB Eng translation again pretty please? Now that the drama is over I really want to read it to fill the DH/FJ void ahah. The hamster link isn't working for me. Is there another one available?

Really? This link doesn't work?  It's how i read the pillow books.

-Note: download both books since PB is 2 books

• Like 2

@thundergirl3 no worries, i am very glad to be of help. If time allowed, I would have translated line by line but 2 episodes a day was a bit full on, so you all had to make do with summaries, thought it is best you know what is happening in the scene for understanding of story progression. 

I will come back to check out the forum time to time. If there are any scenes you want me to translate properly, I can do so since the series is now finished, just state which episode and which particular part. Not just me, but I know a number of Chinese speakers of this lovely chubby forum will all be happy to help.

If any small mistakes, please forgive me, there were some olden/traditional words not used in modern day now which threw me off hahaha. Chinese is a complex language which I find sometimes translating it frustrating cos after translation, it loses the true depth in conveying that emotion....

• Like 16

3 hours ago, Purestupidity said:

@thundergirl3 no worries, i am very glad to be of help. If time allowed, I would have translated line by line but 2 episodes a day was a bit full on, so you all had to make do with summaries, thought it is best you know what is happening in the scene for understanding of story progression. 

I will come back to check out the forum time to time. If there are any scenes you want me to translate properly, I can do so since the series is now finished, just state which episode and which particular part. Not just me, but I know a number of Chinese speakers of this lovely chubby forum will all be happy to help.

If any small mistakes, please forgive me, there were some olden/traditional words not used in modern day now which threw me off hahaha. Chinese is a complex language which I find sometimes translating it frustrating cos after translation, it loses the true depth in conveying that emotion....

@Purestupidityoh dear, we couldn't thank you enough. please dont apologize, your translation so far have been spot on. great job. 

can you translate the meeting and the conversation betwen YH and BQ on the last ep pls? again obviously when you keep repeating the scene, would be lovely to know what exactly was said and try to match it up with their expression and body gesture.

each weekday i stayed up late to get the dramafever sub. it's up till ep 36 now. by friday it will be up to ep 40. we wont get to ep 58 for another 2 weeks.

thank you soo much, really appreciate all your hard work and time spent translating. :heart:

Edited by atgirlina
  • Like 6