37 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I am liking the cast, I am waiting for this drama. Question, when will this drama be shown? Are there stills of the drama and any news conferences? I hope they will release more stills. This drama looks promising.

March 28!  Monday-Tuesday on MBC.

Our only official photos so far are of the younger cast and the script reading.  You can see those on the previous couple of pages.  That's it!  MBC's been pretty hush hush so far about the adult cast's filming activities.

I don't think a date for the press conference has been announced.  It won't be any sooner than a week or so before the drama starts, though, I would guess.  So mid-late March (week of the 21st?), most likely.  Another thing to look forward to!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ecs707a said:

March 28!  Monday-Tuesday on MBC.

Our only official photos so far are of the younger cast and the script reading.  You can see those on the previous couple of pages.  That's it!  MBC's been pretty hush hush so far about the adult cast's filming activities.

I don't think a date for the press conference has been announced.  It won't be any sooner than a week or so before the drama starts, though, I would guess.  So mid-late March (week of the 21st?), most likely.  Another thing to look forward to!

Thank You so much for rhe reply. This looks really good. Hoping to see more updates from the thread and thank you nfor all the pics posted and updates all

Hello to everyone who has recently joined the Monster thread!

5 hours ago, ecs707a said:

Yeah they are pretty quiet about it. As far as Kang Ji Hwan is concerned, I checked his schedule at the official website that his agency set up for him and it said that last Feb. 19 to 21, he was shooting "Monster". For this week, there was nothing posted.

Here is his latest message and invitation to watch his upcoming drama "Monster"
https://finn-neo.com/user.cgi?articleid=9924&actmode=AblogArticleDetail

The video is exclusively for his Japanese fans, that's why I can't upload it to Youtube. Here is a screen cap posted by a Japanese fan on Instagram. KJH at the shooting site

On 2/24/2016 at 9:42 AM, ecs707a said:

Yeah...but even blind people can usually dress themselves.  :D

How does he go blind?  Why is he blind?  Was this something we knew already and I totally forgot?  Haha.  Yeah, I guess they did say that when the first set of stills were released.  Adult version is surely not blind, right?  I'm getting Equator Man flashbacks.

@ecs707a

hehe...that's not what I mean...yeah, off course blind people can dress themselves.

what I mean was why he didn't have any expression. Just standing like a stone.

ohhh...I want Ji Hwan get blind scene.....I didn't watch Equator Man, so on that drama, had a blind character too?

6 hours ago, roweina78 said:

ohhh...I want Ji Hwan get blind scene.....I didn't watch Equator Man, so on that drama, had a blind character too?

Ji Hwan wasn't in Equator Man, I think you are mixing him up with Uhm Tae Woong :D. 

Or did you mean that there was a blind character in Equator Man? In that case, yes. 

9 hours ago, roweina78 said:

@ecs707a

hehe...that's not what I mean...yeah, off course blind people can dress themselves.

what I mean was why he didn't have any expression. Just standing like a stone.

Yeah, nothing to do with KJH.  Just the general story of a revenging male lead who's blind for early parts of the drama but not later reminded me of Equator Man.  Because I'm still operating under the assumption that once KJH comes in, the character won't be blind.  Just a guess. We would have heard about that by now, I think. 

I'm curious how that will develop.  I would think that maybe that would be the reason for the hospital scenes (blindness-curing eye/brain surgery, of course), but it was Lee Yul Eum's character in the bed!  Ha.

10 hours ago, pechumori said:

Hello to everyone who has recently joined the Monster thread!

Yeah they are pretty quiet about it. As far as Kang Ji Hwan is concerned, I checked his schedule at the official website that his agency set up for him and it said that last Feb. 19 to 21, he was shooting "Monster". For this week, there was nothing posted.

I know the main cast has to be working on it. :)  I have faith, haha.  Really, it's still early though.  I can wait a little more.  They're giving us regular updates on something, at least, even if the leads are in hiding.

I do hope that also means that they'll get a good head start, especially since they can work on the young and adult cast filming in parallel right now.

MBC probably just wants to save the main cast updates for closer to airing to build anticipation.  Which means, I guess it's working... :D

6 hours ago, jongski said:

@ecs707a KJW character will go blind???

OT: speaking of Equator Man. Thumbs up to that drama.

I don't really know either. :)

The articles released with the first set of stills (posted back here and here) said he was blind.  I also don't know if it's "go" blind or "is" blind.  Or is blind as a teenager, but will somehow not be when he's all grown up and his face has been magically transformed into Kang Ji Hwan's, haha.

So it's all speculation beyond that one tiny tidbit of info that we have.  And the bit of the teaser where he almost gets hit by a car, and the second set of stills where he's "standing like a stone", as @roweina78 so aptly put it.

And Equator Man

was tons of fun, except for the draggy middle and the fact that the female lead kind of had nothing to do for a good long while. 

So my hope for this drama is, as always, to have some fantastic female characters.  (Okay, yeah, I have a lot more hopes for this drama too, but that one is a good start.)

8 hours ago, pechumori said:

@ecs707a.....or pretend to be blind so that people would consider him harmless?  :D

So is teen version already revenging, then?  Or do you think adult version would pretend to be blind since people remember him being blind when he was younger, and use that to trick people into giving him info since they think he can't see? (That also gives me Equator Man flashbacks, lol.)

8 hours ago, pechumori said:

Actor Kim Dong Hee posted a photo of the script for episode 5 of "Monster" on his own Instagram account

Am so confused about those scripts, lol.  It's probably just that the younger cast has older/specific versions of the script that used the old name, and everyone else gets scripts with the new name.

But episode 5...Kim Dong Hee would not be part of the younger cast episodes, right?  Since he's part of the corporate storyline?  Or maybe that's in both parts.

I don't know.  I'm probably just giving myself false hope that the adult cast might be showing up as early as episode 5, lol.

Does anyone have any theories about mad scientist guy?   It took scrolling through the past couple of pages looking for those articles and seeing that photo of Ki Kwang and Sung Ji Roo again to realize that mad scientist guy in the teaser is Sung Ji Roo.  Current crazy theory: he's the one who cures Ki Tan's blindness. :D

@pechumori, did you remove Jo Bo Ah from the cast list?  I was about to say that I think she's definitely out, so I guess you got that impression too...

Her schedule says she's reviewing offers, so I would take that to mean that she's not doing this drama anymore.  Saaaad.  I wanted to see her.  She's still listed on daum and wikipedia, but I guess without an official statement saying she's not doing it, she'll stay there for now.

7 hours ago, ecs707a said:

@pechumori, did you remove Jo Bo Ah from the cast list?  I was about to say that I think she's definitely out, so I guess you got that impression too...

Her schedule says she's reviewing offers, so I would take that to mean that she's not doing this drama anymore.  Saaaad.  I wanted to see her.  She's still listed on daum and wikipedia, but I guess without an official statement saying she's not doing it, she'll stay there for now.

@ecs707a, i did not intentionally remove Jo Bo Ah's name from the first post. I'm just copying the cast list from Asianwiki because they have links to the actors' profiles. I have to update that list to include the new ones. I guess even the photo is affected. lol

Yeah there's no official statement about it from her agency or MBC's side saying she dropped the project, but recent news articles are mentioning Claudia Kim's name as the fourth member of the cast.

On 2/27/2016 at 1:21 AM, ecs707a said:

Does anyone have any theories about mad scientist guy?   It took scrolling through the past couple of pages looking for those articles and seeing that photo of Ki Kwang and Sung Ji Roo again to realize that mad scientist guy in the teaser is Sung Ji Roo.  Current crazy theory: he's the one who cures Ki Tan's blindness.

I think I translated an article before that says Sung Ji Roo will be the one who will teach the hero about revenge (or something like that....sorry, i can't remember as of the moment) Ki Kwang posted a selfie of the two of them together.

Visually Bipolar Kang Ji Hwan in First Official Stills from MBC Drama Monster

nusua.jpg

The titular Monster (Tyrant) of upcoming MBC Mon-Tues drama makes his grand and not so grand entrance in the first official stills of Kang Ji Hwan in character. The drama is an epic 50-episoder that chronicles the life of the leading man from the 1997 financial crisis through the present day. Think Giant with a slightly shorter time span. Not sure why Kang Ji Hwan looks like a diseased beggar in some stills and a dapper chaebol in another. I’m fairly the one with him topless with a bath towel can be any type of character in any context, lol.

I can’t wait to see him back on the small screen, and in a role that sounds meaty and sprawling enough to really let him showcase his broad range. He really is one of those K-actors who are believable in either extreme – down and out better or flying high rich guy. Lee Ki Kwang and Lee Yeol Eum play the younger versions of Kang Ji Hwan and leading lady Sung Yuri, and their stills have been released already but there is a new one below showing them getting up close and personal. Nice to see the girl make the move, too bad Lee Ki Kwang’s expression looks so uninterested.

epera1.jpg

Credit : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/02/29/kang-ji-hwan-looking-visually-bipolar-in-first-official-stills-from-mbc-drama-monster/

OMG...I missed these ones:

Gi-kwang did not reserve any efforts when he had to fall down onto the cold concrete slabs many time to act his role with vision disability.

Gi-kwang had to fall down several times as he's blind in the drama. The staff encouraged him as he had to roll on cold cement ground.

Thanks @ecs707a

sometimes I often just read it without really "READ" it. hahaha...

n wahhhh....It's kinda like Dejavu.....similar with Runway Cup. Messy at the beginning? Is it only an Act or he really became beggar?

n scar...wah....so many questions....:huh:

EDIT:

n it's not from Ji Hwan I'll get a glasses but from Yu Ri, hehe....she looks good.

Thanks for the new teaser @VNFAN n wahhhh....so the way he's eating....so he really became a beggar?n for some times hasn't eaten yet.

I hope for the 1st meet up, they will not recognize each other. oohh, btw, is there any article that tell Us the difference age between both?

Archived