4 hours ago, RetNoW said:

How about Jo Bo Ah? She confirmed or not?? Bcause i didn't see her at first reading script..please answer my question :) thx

I'm not sure anyone can answer for sure.  I think she's confirmed.  She's still listed on various cast lists.  Do keep in mind that she is/was in a weekend drama on KBS that was still airing up until last week (it ended on the 14th, I think).  If she wasn't there for the script reading, she'd have a good excuse.

I wouldn't worry about it.  :) I'm looking forward to her too.  I loved her character in Missing Noir M.

Also, I was comparing the list they released in the script reading articles with the photos, and they didn't mention everyone who is pictured in that photo.  I don't know everyone well enough yet to be able to ID who they missed, though. 

KkxDA6q.png

Like, who's the girl on the bottom row?  Lee El is in the white on the left, Lee Yul Eum is on the far right, obviously Sung Yuri is at the top corner.  Do we have any other younger female cast members?  Other than Soo Hyun, who wasn't present, apparently.  I didn't immediately identify that as Jo Bo Ah on the bottom, but it's also a tiny photo, and I wouldn't be used to seeing her with curly brown hair and glasses either, so...but searching for her recent photos from her drama, she does have hair about that color right now (kind of reddish-brown).  Is it her? 

Shall we play "who can ID everyone in the photo"?  I figured out the majority of them, but there were a couple I was stumped by.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2016 at 11:31 PM, RetNoW said:

How about Jo Bo Ah? She confirmed or not?? Bcause i didn't see her at first reading script..please answer my question :) thx

Hi @RetNoW, welcome to the Monster thread and sorry for the late reply. I couldn't stay long at soompi last weekend.

The news confirmed that Jo Bo Ah will be a part of the drama, even mentioning her character's name and description. As of now, MBC side has not released any updates about her backing out of the project. The latest news are about Kim Hye Eun and Claudia Kim (Soo Hyun).

@ecs707a I don't have the power to identify them all.  :blink:

Actress Kim Hye Eun will return to the small screen as a politically ambitious woman in the drama "Monster"
translated by Pechumori
Feb. 22, 2016

7800_16345_2438.jpg

Actress Kim Hye Eun will make a drama comeback through the new MBC drama "Monster".

Kim Hye Eun will join Kang Ji Hwan, Sung Yu-ri, Park Ki Woong and Soo Hyun in the drama "Monster" which is scheduled to air this March. She will play the role of Hwang Ji Soo, the daughter and aide of incumbent lawmaker, Hwang Jae Man played by Lee Deok Hwa. She is expected to spread her political ambition by fostering aspirants who also have political dreams.

Kim Hye Eun got very good reviews as an actress in her role as Kang Joo Ran in last year's JTBC emergency drama "D-Day".

In the drama "Monster", Kim Hye Eun will attract the interest of the audience as a woman with a strong sense of pride and ambition.

credit: http://www.inewspeople.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=7800

Kang Ji Hwan and Sung Yuri posed for amusing BTS photos while filming their drama "Hong Gil Dong" in 2008 and their movie "Runway Cop" in 2012. Hope they can take and post a lot of cute selfies while shooting their third team up project in the upcoming MBC drama "Monster".  :D
photo credit: Baidu Sung Yuri

12734099_507818319391135_113960459666584

1910284_507818386057795_1274294295716847

Monster 몬스터 Korean Drama

On 2/19/2016 at 2:18 AM, ecs707a said:

“Monster” aims to tell the story of a man whose life and family were stolen from him by a massive, powerful corporation and manages to find love even while he seeks revenge among the hidden, dirty depths of the privileged classes.

source: original / soompi

Is it centered politics and corporations and greed? I know KJW will revenge against  the privilege ones. I'm liking the story. Gonna watch this.  Looks likes this also has all star cast revenge drama.

On 2/21/2016 at 11:00 AM, jongski said:

@ecs707a @pechumori. First photo. Middle photo. Last photo. Main guys of the drama! :D  Thanks for the script reading pics.

Yes, well, that might be a different game from the one I was suggesting.  Tic-tac-toe?  Bingo? :D

10 hours ago, pechumori said:

@ecs707a I don't have the power to identify them all.  :blink:

I don't either.  I'm sure we'll figure it out later.  Big cast + tiny photos + incomplete list = lost me :)

10 hours ago, pechumori said:

Kim Hye Eun got very good reviews as an actress in her role as Kang Joo Ran in last year's JTBC emergency drama "D-Day".

In the drama "Monster", Kim Hye Eun will attract the interest of the audience as a woman with a strong sense of pride and ambition.

credit: http://www.inewspeople.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=7800

I totally did not connect her with D-Day until I saw that second photo, but now I see it.  I liked her there, even though I didn't like the drama enough to finish it...

Ooh, I just realized that I can play the reunion game too!  My contribution is funny though.

8zVss93.jpg

Lee El and Park Ki Woong in a 2013 Drama Festival episode.  This may have been their only scene together, given what happens right after this in the episode, haha. 

the younger cast pic...hmmm...what is she doing on the 1st till 3rd pic? hahaha...

I got it for the 4th pic though. LOL.....Is she work at boutique or she buy shirt/suit for him?

It's nice to have the girl buying stuff for the boy, hahaha......kinda like on Runway Cop. hehehe...

oohh...the 11 seconds teaser....I think he is blind so the pics above are make sense. She help him wearing shirt.

7 minutes ago, roweina78 said:

oohh...the 11 seconds teaser....I think he is blind so the pics above are make sense. She help him wearing shirt.

Yeah...but even blind people can usually dress themselves.  :D

How does he go blind?  Why is he blind?  Was this something we knew already and I totally forgot?  Haha.  Yeah, I guess they did say that when the first set of stills were released.  Adult version is surely not blind, right?  I'm getting Equator Man flashbacks.

And what the heck is going on with the mad scientist-looking guy in the teaser??  Lol, so confused.  Teasers are so weird sometimes.

Here's a confused reaction from allkpop about the most recent stills:

Kikwang freezes in Lee Yeol Eum's embrace in 'Monster' still cuts

February 23, 2016 @ 8:16 pm

MBC's upcoming drama 'Monster' dropped some still cuts of Kikwang and Lee Yeol Eum snuggling up for an embrace.

Well, more like Lee Yeol Eum attempting to give Kiwang an embrace because Kikwang is just standing still like a stone statue. Maybe Lee Yeol Eum is slowly choking Kikwang to death...? Bah, from these still cuts it's impossible to tell what's really going on--we'll just have to tune in when the drama starts airing some time in April.

All we know is that Kikwang will be playing the role of a pampered brat from a rich family and Lee Yeol Eum somehow gets linked to him. 

@jenetschka, thank you for posting the teaser.  :)

Actor Kim Dong Hee joined the new MBC drama "Monster"
translated by Pechumori
2/24/16

20160224001178_0.jpg

It was announced yesterday that Kim Dong Hee will join the new MBC drama "Monster". He will join the stars, Kang Ji Hwan, Sung Yuri, Park Ki Woong and Soo Hyun and will play the role of Lee Soo Tak who will have an active part in the future strategy division of  the Dodo Group.

"Monster" will be the follow up to the currently airing "Glamorous Temptation" and will premiere on March 28.

credit: http://www.segye.com/content/html/2016/02/24/20160224001371.html?OutUrl=daum

I wonder why recently, Soo Hyun (Claudia Kim) is always the fourth name being mentioned and not Jo Bo Ah. Is it because she is more popular? or is she now the second leading lady? 

Question Mark animated emoticon

According to this article, apparently Kim Dong Hee and the director have worked together in the past too. 

I remember him from Inspiring Generation, and how his character kind of disappeared.  I kept wondering where he went.  Well, now I get to see him again :)

13 hours ago, pechumori said:

I wonder why recently, Soo Hyun (Claudia Kim) is always the fourth name being mentioned and not Jo Bo Ah. Is it because she is more popular? or is she now the second leading lady? 

I don't know either.  Seems kind of confusing at the moment.  I was kind of assuming that Soo Hyun would be the second lead, I guess.  But I don't know where that leaves Jo Bo Ah.  Hope she's still around, and will have a significant role, second lead or not. 

5 hours ago, pechumori said:

Lee Yul Eum posted a photo of herself on her instagram account while holding the script of "Monster" with the caption "Please love this much (I'm filming) Ha Ha"
credit: Lee Yul Eum instagram

I wonder when this was.  It's got the 괴물 title.  But maybe they just stuck with the old title for the script covers, despite changing the name of the drama.

Lee El also posted a photo of the filming site:

It's from two weeks ago.  Wonder what's going on with all the hospital scenes. 

Archived