18 minutes ago, mchansk07 said:

@alvinboi

Hidden Content

Thank for sharing this.

Here is my thought on this:

Spoiler

I guess the separation is needed. Both of them need to grow up. Before they were literally 16. 16!!!!! And 8 years might seem a lot but 24 is still very wrong. I also think  too much dependency is the enemy of a successful relationship. It is the root of many issues like: trust, communication and insecurity. I'm glad Gu Hai and BLY was able to somewhat grow out of their dependency. When I was younger, I always wanted a love that would consume me. But after experienced it once,....never again!! What burn too fast would crash too hard xD

• Like 6

reading @mchansk07's summary of adult GH-BLY bleeds my heart with joy. Argh... Someone, please tell CJD to provide an English translation for international fans! Pleaseeee.....

to all new ex-lurkers and fellow addicts: welcome! Don't be shy and share us your thoughts etc. I joined soompi just a couple of days ago, right before the ban, but I feel like it has been years! XD

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, lancei said:

Thank for sharing this.

Here is my thought on this:

Hide contents

I guess the separation is needed. Both of them need to grow up. Before they were literally 16. 16!!!!! And 8 years might seem a lot but 24 is still very wrong. I also think  too much dependency is the enemy of a successful relationship. It is the root of many issues like: trust, communication and insecurity. I'm glad Gu Hai and BLY was able to somewhat grow out of their dependency. When I was younger, I always wanted a love that would consume me. But after experienced it once,....never again!! What burn too fast would crash too hard xD

Spoiler

Nice, mine didn't happen that, we haven been in relationship since grade 11th and now we are still alive haha. 

How I know Addicted? 

My fb new feeds got so many things about it like spams and 3 days before a test, I watched its trailer and like... Phhhhhwwww..what kind of sloppy trailer was. 

And 2 days before test I tried to watch 1 ep... And guess what? Spent almost 6hrs including nap time non-stop watching from ep 1 to ep 12. :v

The script and act is kind of naturally, there was no force of actors, and the plot is cute as I didn't see aNy over dramatic things happened. 

I don't like much how Timmy acted drunk cauz it's a little bit fake but however, he got into the character too Awesome. About Johnny, he did great job as a first time actor. Although I couldn't see many emotions expressed because of how cool and brave GH was, I still hope for his acting next season. 

Spoiler

Whoops the dramas somehow affected me alot because I could see our relationship reflection in their story, although I'm now still stubborn alot that I couldn't make any excusehaha

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fritzgerald said:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/addicted-web-series-上瘾网络剧/trans-chai-jidan-interview-with-tvbi/449252641937559/

can anyone confirm this one? it says no more DVD......

and with the you tube channel, lets do it to show our support for them! 

fighting!

She had to be careful from what she would said or it would affect the cast :grimace: 

As youtube channel is from Taiwan

I wait for news from Taiwan

7f680bc0gw1f1cx17m6hug208c08m4qt.gif

7f680bc0gw1f1cx275ncfg208c0981l1.gif

INTERVIEW LINK NEED ALERT!

• Like 9

Guest skeletonworks
7 hours ago, hryy said:

Recent years China has tighten their media censorship. Most recent censorship was the mega TV production on Empress Wu where the costumes were deemed too revealing and the production team was forced to edit the the entire series.

The setting in the novel although is in Beijing can be easily be adapted in Taiwan. But not sure if it's a good thing for the team especially for the actors if they go there and film the second season. The KPOP group TWICE was dropped from many China shows including a New Year Countdown concert after the taiwanese member was shown waving the taiwanese flag.

Anyway, on the series, it definitely has material for 2 more seasons. The current season the most only covers 1/5 of the novel. Besides the SH saga, there's also the confrontation with GH's father, then the accident and the 8 years separation. Then we have the reunion and developments leading to the wedding. However, i think It is difficult to replicate the settings as a lot of it takes place in the military with BLY being an ace fighter jet pilot and his tough training under this extremely strict commander. I read somewhere in an interview, the author may consider changing BLY's occupation to facilitate drama adaptation.

The author took a great dose of creative liberty in writing the second part. There's one part BLY can just fly the fighter jet to HK to rescue GH. But who cares about reality, I just want to read about BLY and GH's love :D

Yeah the 2nd part of the novel is a bit farfetched. LOL. It looks like Luoyin own the army base or something hahaha Hmm I'm beginning to wonder what might a suitable job be for Luoyin.... A doctor since he's so smart? Urologist? :w00t: I want it to be something related with uniform hmmm.... Hahahahaha. 

18 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

Yeah the 2nd part of the novel is a bit farfetched. LOL. It looks like Luoyin own the army base or something hahaha Hmm I'm beginning to wonder what might a suitable job be for Luoyin.... A doctor since he's so smart? Urologist? :w00t: I want it to be something related with uniform hmmm.... Hahahahaha. 

Police officer :P University's professor is not bad either....but he is kinda young for that. Both of those are very popular in role-playing :phew:

• Like 5

Hi fellow addict hahaha. Please take time to read this. Let us all show our support to them. God bless us all. For the love of HaiYin and for the Season 2! and also for the cut scenes Hahahaaha! (How I wish) Fighting!!!

https://m.facebook.com/notes/addicted-web-series-%E4%B8%8A%E7%98%BE%E7%BD%91%E7%BB%9C%E5%89%A7/trans-chai-jidan-interview-with-tvbi/449252641937559/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, edrianisawesome said:

Just curious how did you guys find out about this web-series? For me, it was totally accidental (just like someone here had mentioned, LOL)

By the way, my name is Edrian Pangilinan and I am from the Sunny San Diego, CA. Whoot! I have never lurked on Soompi so bad during my 9 years of being a member here until now, LOL ;D Nice to meet you all and I am thankful to be part of the Heroin/Addicted internal fanclub, haah.

I follow some chinese web comics, Tamen de gushi and 19 Days, and found because of that this 8D

• Like 1

Guys, random as he11 question, about the tattoo's. Is this accepted in China? I'm tattoed and well I have one in my back and now I'm getting anxious if this will be a problem in my job when I move :vicx:

Not random, gosh, why do I like them both so much, the inverviews, the everything!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lancei said:

Police officer :P University's professor is not bad either....but he is kinda young for that. Both of those are very popular in role-playing :phew:

Meh, university professors are overrated. Police officers on the other hand.... :wub:

Well, that would require a LOT of rework, I guess, since no police officer could fly a jet from airbase just because he wants to save his lover LOL. No airforce pilot as well, he might get punished for treason! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alfred Caballero said:

This is what i liked about heroin too! More than anything, the story felt more down-to-earth and real and the screen play is not all over the place. Ive seen like love and counter-attack, even CEO and his man (in my quest to fill the addicted void haha) and they all pale in comparison to Zhou zhou and Johnny's chemistry. Even if they playing are seme and uke tropes, its not cartoonish at all - the gap is not too pronounced. BLY can sometimes feel more uke than GH. Whereas, in CA and LL, the ukes are too weak/soft for me.

Exactly. To be honest I don't like weak ukes either, but what you said, if there is a bit of a mixture (strong personality, but cute as well), that's what I prefer too. CC and LL have very similar plot lines and sometimes they gave me a headache to figure out when and why did the main leads fall in love and why suddenly the straight ukes sleeping with the dominant semes. That's why I like Addicted, their relationship is progressing slowly, realistic and this whole 'I fell in love with you' thing isn't happening overnight. Esp BLY resistance and thoughts make it more to a down to earth show. 

Even though I watch Japanese BL live actions I don't really like them. The actors nothing compared to Johnny and ZhouZhou. Their acting is awkward and seems like as though they would be continuously in stage-fright and can't relax. I watch them once, but that's it, I doesn't make me so addicted to watch it over and over again...like Addicted. Maybe there was only one Japanese BL live action that I could watch more then once, Seven Days. The only reason is one of the main actors. Finally his acting looks natural compared to the other japanese actors and it was a breath of fresh air. However I did not like the other actor he was paired with (can't relax, overplaying his character and acts unnatural) and I continuously wished while watching it they cast someone else instead of him. I can give you a link for the two eps of this movie if you are interested and have't seen it yet, as it is a bit difficult to find with eng subs.

• Like 4

Came across this series on youtube. Was charmed by the leads, read the youtube comments that this has a happy ending (had enough of male love stories that ends tragically) so went to google for the novel. I did not read the whole novel in detail though (300+ pages if I were to print int out!) and also not systematically keeping jumping back and forth between pre-separation and post-separation :P Although I could not catch the Beijing colloquial terms and slangs but otherwise the novel is very readable and engaging, I guess I find it refreshing as it's partly my first BL web novel, read some Japanese manga before but reading walls of text is indeed very much different from reading manga. Now trying to find time to read the novel properly from start to finish :sweatingbullets:

Some fans felt that GH is the one who gave more into the relationship but if you read the novel, both of them love each other as much in their own way. Not sure if CJD keeps count but from the novel you get the impression that both "hurt" and helped each other almost equally :P which serve to illustrate they care about each other equally. E.g. (finally figured out where's the spoiler button):

Spoiler

From the SH saga:

GH hurt BLY then he send two men to stalk BLY and SH because of his insecurity. The two men subsequently beat up BLY because they thought GH likes SH and BLY is snatching their "boss" girlfriend. BLY was hurt by GH's distrust in him.

Then GH was hurt when he saw SH lying almost naked (barely covered by the blanket) at the hotel when he waited the whole night outside the hotel room.

Then GH was hurt again when BLY misunderstood that he sent men to attack SH.

Then BLY was mega (physically) hurt by GH when GH kidnapped him.

------------------------------

GH was there when BLY's father got married and  BLY felt empty.

BLY helped solved the mystery of GH's mum's death (GH has always misunderstood that his dad plotted the death of his mum) and helped GH to find some closure.

GH had this thought in the novel (after they got back together after 8 years) - He can lose out in terms of expression of their feelings i.e. he is always the first to admit that he loves BLY but he will get it back in bed (GH is the top 90% of the time) :D

Someone asked how they have changed after 8 years.

Spoiler

When it comes to their feelings for each other, not much :D . 

The author kept emphasising how both became much more handsome and attractive to women :D . Both their personalities remained the same except they are better at hiding their feelings from others and as a result of their experiences and less impulsive (applies to GH only :P BLY remained as cool as ever), BLY being in the military and GH being the CEO of  a company. But of course when they saw each other again after 8 years, all hell breaks loose. GH's impulsiveness and possessive just returned completely just that he's more subtle. When GH first met BLY after 8 years he was with his AGM, and (probably to take revenge on BLY for disappearing without a trace for 8 years) he claimed that the AGM was his fiancee. BLY struck back, he went for a matchmaking session and the girl happens to be working in GH's company. GH saw them one day when BLY went to pick up the girl from work. GH deliberately pile lotsa work on the girl to give her no time and energy to go dating with BLY :D. On the day of GH's fake engagement lunch with the AGM (fake because the AGM's mother was terminally ill and GH agreed to put up a show with the AGM to assure the AGM's mum), BLY's aircraft crashed during a mission, GH just left the lunch jumped three floors down  to the street and rushed to the crash site illustrating that when it comes to BLY nothing has changed for GH.

The author did not describe in detail what happened in the 8 years except to mention how GH was devastated to be told BLY was dead then subsquently told that he went abroad and how he went round the world looking for BLY for 3 years before giving up and set up his own business. But he continued to miss BLY, his company is called Hai Yin, a combination of both their names. He also only employ women in his company, he is the only male. For BLY, it is just said that the first 2 years was tough being a new recruit, and he never benefited or rather, he did not take advantage of his status as GH's dad stepson and rose through the ranks through his own efforts.

My apologies in advance if my info comes in dribs and drabs. The novel is really long and filled with a lot of details. Quite difficult to summarise into a coherent narrative.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 20