On 2/24/2016 at 9:02 PM, ayasdai said:

My thoughts on Wei Zhou and Johnny's chemistry. On screen it radiates, I love it, partly that was the reason I fell in love with the series. You can have a great story, but with awful actors you can flush it down the toilet. But when the actors are terrific, their chemistry is amazing and the show is well directed... now that's what I call catharsis, doomsday, earthquake, thunderstorm. I have to add here that when I started watching Counterattack I thought around the second episode: 'oh no no no! It must be the same director who directed Like Love'. Even though they have a good chemistry, the messy screenplay made the show lacking and many times confusing. So kudos to the director of Addicted, he did an excellent job.

Back to Johnny and Wei Zhou, when I watched the BTS videos I could not help but notice that first their relationship was a bit awkward, which is understandable, they didn't know each other beforehand and plus they were going to have intimate scenes together... but then, later comes the breakthrough. They had grown closer together and it is noticeable that their relationship had changed. Seeing the BTS videos I first thought that Johnny is the one who is chasing after Wei Zhou, just like GH in the series, but after watching the interviews and the fan meeting it seems quite the opposite. I didn't know if you noticed but Wei Zhou is searching for Johnny's look many times when he is laughing on something, touching him, sometimes even chasing after him and I can't get enough of his big, sparkling eyes when he smiles/looks at Johnny. Johnny on the other hand seems like he is being lost in his own world, playing the manliest man alive so much that my screen grows muscles too (I mean all kind of muscles). Regardless, he still pays attention to Wei Zhou, but in a silent kind of way. (or well, attacking him)

There are two particular moments I liked during the fan meeting. The first one when Johnny hugs a girl and Wei Zhou has this amazed look on his face, but it is mixing a bit with a 'hey, wtf' look as though it is a bit forced. The second one when Johnny is role playing with a guy from the audience and first Wei Zhou is standing few feet away like an abandoned puppy. Then he goes to help with the cake at the table and it seems he is ignoring and not playing attention at all what's going on the stage. But then I was kind of surprised seeing him react suddenly two more times with an even more intense 'wtf' face while Johnny is joking around with the guy. I think you can tell if someone's facial expression is genuine or fake and there I didn't see Wei Zhou the actor (or maybe I'm seeing too much into it). And then the best part, when the guy touches Johnny and as soon as Wei Zhou sees it he runs over and separates them, wtf are you doing man, and pulls closer Johnny to himself then send the guy away, haha. Priceless.

Maybe it was just for the show, I don't know, but it didn't seem staged to me at all. If you watch the whole fan meeting you see that there is nearly no fan service, not like during Like Love or Counterattack fan meetings (where I sometimes found it too obvious that they staged it), that's why these two moments caught my attention. And I liked the meeting more without heavy fan service, it looked more natural.

This is what i liked about heroin too! More than anything, the story felt more down-to-earth and real and the screen play is not all over the place. Ive seen like love and counter-attack, even CEO and his man (in my quest to fill the addicted void haha) and they all pale in comparison to Zhou zhou and Johnny's chemistry. Even if they playing are seme and uke tropes, its not cartoonish at all - the gap is not too pronounced. BLY can sometimes feel more uke than GH. Whereas, in CA and LL, the ukes are too weak/soft for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tea4two said:

Someone with better chinese than mine....please help translate this portion from the live web interview:

[主持人]喵星人14:48
洲洲说,《上瘾》这部剧拍了23天,虽然彼此之间以前不认识,但现在已经变成朋友。鲸鱼说,对,拍完戏后,我们还一直在一起。在一起在一起在一起,重要的事情重复3遍
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alfred Caballero said:

This is what i liked about heroin too! More than anything, the story felt more down-to-earth and real and the screen play is not all over the place. Ive seen like love and counter-attack, even CEO and his man (in my quest to fill the addicted void haha) and they all pale in comparison to Zhou zhou and Johnny's chemistry. Even if they playing are seme and uke tropes, its not cartoonish at all - the gap is not too pronounced. BLY can sometimes feel more uke than GH. Whereas, in CA and LL, the ukes are too weak/soft for me.

I think its what most of us like about this series. The acting, the story, everything seems real, genuine, and down-to-earth. Nothing seems too forced and everything is very natural. The chemistry the actors have together is amazing and it sells the story and the show

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, andrewth said:

I think its what most of us like about this series. The acting, the story, everything seems real, genuine, and down-to-earth. Nothing seems too forced and everything is very natural. The chemistry the actors have together is amazing and it sells the story and the show

i quiet agree! even if the whole premise and the plot is wildly over the top (how far-fetched is it for GH and BLY to meet and fall for each other when they both don't have a gay history), their chemistry and the simple treatment makes the fantasy feel more real and dare i say it, more possible?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, edrianisawesome said:

Just curious how did you guys find out about this web-series? For me, it was totally accidental (just like someone here had mentioned, LOL)

By the way, my name is Edrian Pangilinan and I am from the Sunny San Diego, CA. Whoot! I have never lurked on Soompi so bad during my 9 years of being a member here until now, LOL ;D Nice to meet you all and I am thankful to be part of the Heroin/Addicted internal fanclub, haah.

Wow! Ive been reading lots of "Confessions of an addicted Ex-Lurker of Heroin".  For those who are still lurking... Come out come out wherever you are!!! :P

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Alfred Caballero said:

i quiet agree! even if the whole premise and the plot is wildly over the top (how far-fetched is it for GH and BLY to meet and fall for each other when they both don't have a gay history), their chemistry and the simple treatment makes the fantasy feel more real and dare i say it, more possible?

It does make everything seem more possible because there is this realness to it. The simple treatment works! I think many writers, directors forget that sometimes the simplest approach to things might have the biggest impact

• Like 5

Just curious how did you guys find out about this web-series? For me, it was totally accidental (just like someone here had mentioned, LOL)

By the way, my name is Edrian Pangilinan and I am from the Sunny San Diego, CA. Whoot! I have never lurked on Soompi so bad during my 9 years of being a member here until now, LOL ;D Nice to meet you all and I am thankful to be part of the Heroin/Addicted internal fanclub, haah.

First of by the sound of your name you are a Fellow Filipino like me so yeah !High Five XD 

I am an ambivert teen who prefers reading,watching Movies and Series .Then during December I have already watched both Like Love and CounterAttack Webseries XD And I was like what's next then I saw a trailer (a quite smexy one ) so I waited patiently and then now I am an ADDICT XD hahaha for the 2nd time in my 17 yrs of living I have found another BL couple with such astounding chemistry XD Lol

(I told myself to go back into the shadows since I have tests and yet ICANNOT) :3 THE SCENT OF PHEROMONES NEVER LEFT MY NOSE OMGGGG...

• Like 4

I found Addicted when browsing youtube for drama series. I like both Asian and European ones but always particularly attracted to friendship stories. That was what made me clicked Addicted. Having read manga and watched so many Asian drama/anime, BL is mot a strange thing for me but usually I am not interested with BL drama series. But this one... After watching (and laughing hard) how the boys pranks each other, I watched the BTS videos, see how close they are to each other and my soul is sold!

I agree that the simple treatment helps in making the actors and their chemistry even more pronunced. Hoping for the same treatment and chemistry for season 2!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, hryy said:

Recent years China has tighten their media censorship. Most recent censorship was the mega TV production on Empress Wu where the costumes were deemed too revealing and the production team was forced to edit the the entire series.

The setting in the novel although is in Beijing can be easily be adapted in Taiwan. But not sure if it's a good thing for the team especially for the actors if they go there and film the second season. The KPOP group TWICE was dropped from many China shows including a New Year Countdown concert after the taiwanese member was shown waving the taiwanese flag.

Anyway, on the series, it definitely has material for 2 more seasons. The current season the most only covers 1/5 of the novel. Besides the SH saga, there's also the confrontation with GH's father, then the accident and the 8 years separation. Then we have the reunion and developments leading to the wedding. However, i think It is difficult to replicate the settings as a lot of it takes place in the military with BLY being an ace fighter jet pilot and his tough training under this extremely strict commander. I read somewhere in an interview, the author may consider changing BLY's occupation to facilitate drama adaptation.

The author took a great dose of creative liberty in writing the second part. There's one part BLY can just fly the fighter jet to HK to rescue GH. But who cares about reality, I just want to read about BLY and GH's love :D

Oh wow! The series can't possibly get a fighter jet to fly from China/ Taiwan to Hong Kong right??? Pls don't wake me up from this delusion... lolll

3 hours ago, pureblade said:

My aching heart :wub:....

Johnny's pic made me pause here for some time... He stole my heart again... >_<

I was manning the other soompi thread for Happy Together web series (a partial BL series). I wanted to look for other BL series. Then, I found this topic by @skeletonworks. I was hooked on her other topic on Lovesick the series two years ago. So, I looked in here and before I knew it, I'm totally addicted to this series. I just keep coming back here for updates and discussions thereafter. :D

1 hour ago, ryogarvin13 said:

Sorry for spamming a lil' bit, I did search the current position of the position in google and the news related.. Who knows, someone might interested with it.. :D

1. "Addicted Web Series" in search. Currently, Soompi forum sits at number 2 at google. :)

2. When I use the chinese writing, it sits at number 4.

3. Type for the "Addicted Web Series", clicking for news.

4. The last, when I hit the news when I paste the chinese writings..

Anyone? Is there any "pensive eyes"? :phew: Congrats for the number 2 list search fellas!

GGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! LET'S MOVE TOWARDS THE TOP SEARCH RESULT!!!!!! :D:D:D

53 minutes ago, tea4two said:

Someone with better chinese than mine....please help translate this portion from the live web interview:

[主持人]喵星人14:48
洲洲说,《上瘾》这部剧拍了23天,虽然彼此之间以前不认识,但现在已经变成朋友。鲸鱼说,对,拍完戏后,我们还一直在一起。在一起在一起在一起,重要的事情重复3遍

Zhouzhou says, "Addicted web series took 23 days to film. Although we don't know each other before, we have become friends now." Johnny says, "We are still together. Together, together, together. Let me repeat the important thing 3 times,"

>> Yes!!! They are together!!! Like conjoined twins!! Inseparable!!!!! :D

• Like 13

Hye guys...im been silent reader all this time start to read and follow this thread since addicted release ....

guys wanna ask you guys im found this in FB its about addicted series Ps it might ruin your day so im sorry 

https://m.facebook.com/notes/addicted-web-series-%E4%B8%8A%E7%98%BE%E7%BD%91%E7%BB%9C%E5%89%A7/trans-chai-jidan-interview-with-tvbi/449252641937559/

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

Zhouzhou says, "Addicted web series took 23 days to film. Although we don't know each other before, we have become friends now." Johnny says, "We are still together. Together, together, together. Let me repeat the important thing 3 times,"

>> Yes!!! They are together!!! Like conjoined twins!! Inseparable!!!!! :D

Add this picture from today's interview:

And let us sing!

You are just too good to be true

Can't take my eyes off of you

You'd be like heaven to touch

I wanna hold you so much

• Like 10

I'm from Vietnam and an entertainment website I often visits have a lot of articles about Shangyin. I'm a fan of slash fanfics and Shangyin sounds cool (I didn't know its meaning at first though) so I knew I was going to like this series. And I'm not disappointed. All the actors and actresses are ridiculously good-looking and the acting is natural. I also enjoy watching them fooling around in the BTS clips. I keep checking this thread every hour for updates, translations, comparisons and comments. Nice to meet you guys!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bromeliad said:

I'm from Vietnam and an entertainment website I often visits have a lot of articles about Shangyin. I'm a fan of slash fanfics and Shangyin sounds cool (I didn't know its meaning at first though) so I knew I was going to like this series. And I'm not disappointed. All the actors and actresses are ridiculously good-looking and the acting is natural. I also enjoy watching them fooling around in the BTS clips. I keep checking this thread every hour for updates, translations, comparisons and comments. Nice to meet you guys!

Hello from Vietnam haha

I know why CJD thought Timmy to be GH 

*why did he and Johnnyhave to delete old pics :expressionless:

12650920_122738584776565_178236058498210

12644842_122738568109900_241292250039737

• Like 6

Oh I forgot

I just read some chapters of the novel and I'm confused  on chapter 20

a student asked GH  if he just finished the army and faked his ID to study at school for the diploma  *If I translate right*

So does it mean that GH is much more older than the other students? 
And how about the Army system for teenagers in China ? 
And how about the dramas is he older than LY?

• Like 1

Hey~ So as everyone's talking about how they found out about the series n where they r from I decided to join the fun XD I'm from.... Russia, yep. A teacher who loves BL~ During the past few years I've been only reading bl manga n translating novels n manhua so about two months ago I decided to do smth else XD Found Love Sick, watched both seasons n so my thurst began. When I first saw the trailer of Heroin it didn't impress me. I chose smth else but then decided to give it a try n here i am XD There's Johnny's photo as the background on my cell n one of my students asked "Is he ur husband?" n i answered "yes" XD I hope my real husband forgives me, but rn i'm just too addicted.....

• Like 6

I cant wait for season 2...

Even i dont understand chinese and without english sub,  i always enjoy that series.

I think this is a good one of gay story, no sex scenes its better. 

I will not read the novel before the series finish, it will make me currious. :sweatingbullets::D

Edited by friendok

57 minutes ago, fritzgerald said:

Wow! Ive been reading lots of "Confessions of an addicted Ex-Lurker of Heroin".  For those who are still lurking... Come out come out wherever you are!!! :P

OMG!!! I'm doomed. 

Firstly, I say Hi to all of you & Thank to @skeletonworks for create this thread. Last week I asked my friend what should I watched after  I re-re-finished Nirvana in Fire?  I just want to watch Chinese drama which can make me addicted like NiF has done to me. Suddenly, my friend recommended me " Go watch Addicted. It's so addicted ". I youtubed it & found out it's just a low budget gay web series, how could it make me addicted? After finished ep 1 i'm quite interested. I let my finger click another ep & let my eyes finished it all. I say WOW!. My friend called me & asked :

MF : Was it good?

Me : Yes, it's quite good.

MF : So you are addicted now?

Me : Who say I'm addicted? I just can't live without it

Spoiler

Pls, don't mind my terrible English. I hope I'm not only on here from Cambodia. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, alvinboi said:

Zhouzhou says, "Addicted web series took 23 days to film. Although we don't know each other before, we have become friends now." Johnny says, "We are still together. Together, together, together. Let me repeat the important thing 3 times,"

Gosh! I can't breathe. Also, Seeing gayyoxx's post regarding the interview made me giddy.  I really ship them in real life too. 

• Like 7