[Drama 2016] Happy Home 가화만사성

larus

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26 January 2016 at 11:55 AM, AshleyL said:

Script reading photos release

Mod edit: please do not quote images!

It seems like they are filming for 8 months. There are no Lee Sang Woo, I guess he's still busy shooting " All about Mom"

credit: https://www.facebook.com/kimsoyeon.ssofans/?fref=ts

Yea, its out... Tq for sharing.. May i know who is playing sso's twin brother in that photo? Or he also not in the photo

Thank you for submitting the title request forms.   (not sure why the + to follow did not work  :()   @AshleyL, @clearsky516  @larus   

@larus, I agree with you that this channel manager on Viki is not pro-active at all. Very sad. Some channels have channel managers that constantly bring up news and promote their channel. And then there are those like the one on Happy Home, who does practically nothing once the channel page is up. Very disappointing. That is why I suggested to also submit requests to DramaFever; Because I was disheartened by the number of followers on Viki.

All I can say, is lets spread the word as best we can, and continue to submit requests to both.

@larus, that photo of Lee Pil-Mo gives me the chills too. I don't think I have ever seen him as a coldhearted man.

@balois, thank you for script reading photo!

Hello! Yay! Script reading photo. :lol:

@irilight I didn't know that I can submit the form  several times! I have joined a long time ago but quite new to Viki. I PM English Moderator that I would like to join the channel as a segmenter. Still waiting for reply. Before that, without knowing I have to send to moderator, I accidentally PM to channel manager, and I got a prompt reply. So,  @larus  don't worry too much.  The channel manager must be recruiting people since the drama isn't even airing yet. 

Finally we have the pictures with the cast reading the scripts. They are not all.

Reading about 8 months filming it gave me a strange feeling. It is confirmed now that this drama will have 50 episodes. Hope they will be like a family shooting for this project, I know that they`ll work hard. I was thinking of So yeon being stuck with this for 8 months and for others is the same. So I really hope this drama will be good, at least, with decent ratings.

A new pictures with the actress Won Mi-kyung, returning at the filming set after 14 years. She is still beautiful.

tumblr_o1icitEzUT1sdd1ivo2_r1_500.jpg

http://newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201601260931462410

24 minutes ago, brbe33 said:

Quick post. Teambonding time!

Sorry, I could not see the photo here. I will repost it. Let see if It works.

12407388_1705301033090538_2146205873_n.j

They went bowling. Love it. So yeon`s pose cracks me up.

They look like a Happy Family now.  But let see them on the screen. :D

@brbe33, well, I don't know for sure, but I know that sometimes we get a message from a channel manager on Viki asking us to re-send requests. That leads me to realize that multiple requests are acceptable. This particular channel manager, may respond to you right away, but he/she is not promoting the drama on the channel, and that is a shame. Problem on Viki, is that also they like to see followers, and there are not enough followers right now, that is why I suggest to also send requests to DramaFever.

They have a different criteria and way of deciding if to bring a series or not. Usually, if a series catches their attention, they create a "phishing" article and publish it, and see what kind of response they get to it. If the response is positive with lots of likes, likely they will try to license that drama.

But, if you end up on the Viki team, assuming they license it - maybe you can tell us more about how they do things there.

http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series

Thank you for additional photos of script reading, @larus, and @brbe33

I wonder why we do not see Lee Sang-Woo ?

Here is a short article about the script reading

"Happy Home" first script reading

photo678681.jpg

The new MBC weekend drama "Happy Home" had its first script reading.

"Happy Home" is a family story of a family that starts from scrap and ends up owning one of the biggest Chinese restaurants in Chinatown Korea.

The script reading was held on the 17th at MBC Dream Center with writer Jo Eun-jeong, director Lee Dong-yoon, actors and actresses Kim Young-cheol, Won Mi-kyeong, Kim So-yeon, Lee Pil-mo, Kim Ji-ho,Yoon Da-hoon, Ji Soo-won and others.

Director Lee Dong-yoon started off with a self-introduction and writer Jo Eun-jeong said, "I hope we become "Happy Home" ourselves and make a good drama". CP Yoon Jae-moon said, "I hope "Happy Home" has a good start and for 8 months, hopefully everyone gets along and go through this without accidents".

Kim Young-cheol got up next and he said, "I hope we become one happy family until the end. I am the oldest here but I don't want anyone being uncomfortable of me". Won Mi-kyeong said a few words shyly as this is the first time in 14 years she's made a camera appearance.

Director Lee Dong-yoon expressed his gratitude to all the cast, staff and crew members for joining him on this adventure.

The actors and actresses had been practicing since before the script reading and as soon as session started, they all became engaged into their characters. Kim Young-cheol transformed into Bong Sam-bong with his deep voice and gestures. Won Mi-kyeong made the 14 years of absence look like nothing the way she became his wife and icon of sacrifice Sook-nyo.

Kim So-yeon understood her character of Bong Hae-ryeong well and Lee Pil-mo, her husband and perfectionist Yoo Hyeon-ki. Kim Ji-ho and Jang In-sub are a childish couple with the wife being older than the husband. Yoon Da-hoon released his adlibs like no other to add fun to the drama.

After the reading, Jo Eun-jeong said, "Everyone is the best" and gave everyone a thumbs-up.

"Happy Home" is going to be broadcast on the 27th of February.

source

1 hour ago, irilight said:

I wonder why we do not see Lee Sang-Woo ?

The script reading was held on 17th January and Lee Sang Woo was announced to join on 20th January. Not only he was cast late but he has another drama to film right now, so he is very busy. I don`t know if the actors will meet several times to discuss the drama but I am sure they talk with the PD and the writer if  there are problems understanding the character or have a question for them.

I agree with you about the non promoting the drama on VIKI. I don`t think there is much to do but at least they should update the page. There is not even the cast mentioned. It is a weekender so maybe not many people are interested in the drama but I am still hoping it will be licensed and translated.

I was trying to recognize everyone from photo they released. 

In the central...of course,  Won Mi Kyeong and Kim Young Chul.

First row....  Kim Soyeon and Lee Pil Mo but I don`t know the actors next to them. The first actor, I think I saw him before, he has a familiar face but I don`t remember who he is.  Maybe somebody will help me. The woman who is next to Lee Pil Mo I don`t recognize her at all. She plays his mother? I am curious who will be the demanding mother in law, the famous hanbok designer.

Second row... Kim Ji Ho and Yoon Da Hoon (I believe)

Third row... The PD Lee Dong Yoon (I guess) and Ji Su-Won.

Last row... the last actress is Soo hee Jung, the others I guess.. Yoon Jin Yi , Park Min Woo and ?...

The article mentions CF Yoon Jae Moon... what is CF? He is the producer?

37 minutes ago, larus said:

I was trying to recognize everyone from photo they released. 

In the central...of course,  Won Mi Kyeong and Kim Young Chul.

First row....  Kim Soyeon and Lee Pil Mo but I don`t know the actors next to them. The first actor, I think I saw him before, he has a familiar face but I don`t remember who he is.  Maybe somebody will help me. The woman who is next to Lee Pil Mo I don`t recognize her at all. She plays his mother? I am curious who will be the demanding mother in law, the famous hanbok designer.

Second row... Kim Ji Ho and Yoon Da Hoon (I believe)

Third row... The PD Lee Dong Yoon (I guess) and Ji Su-Won.

Last row... the last actress is Soo hee Jung, the others I guess.. Yoon Jin Yi , Park Min Woo and ?...

First row : Nam Myung Ryul (same agency with Kim Ji Ho), Kim So Yeon, Lee Pil Mo, Like you said, probably be HR's mother-in-law.

Second row : Kim Ji Ho, Yoo Da Hoon 

Third row : PD-nim, Ji Su Won

Last row : I really have no idea who she is...she may be writer-nim? I guess no, Park Min Woo, Yoon Jin Yi, Soo Hee Jung.

Oh, it is the first time I heard that Hae Ryung has a son. Well, things get more complicated now. But it makes sense that she stayed in a marriage for 13 years with a cold, workaholic man if there was a child to think about. Even if she will fall in love with another man, it will be hard for her to divorce. 

It`s the second time she plays a mom, after the cameo from Athena. I can`t wait. 

2 hours ago, brbe33 said:

First row : Nam Myung Ryul (same agency with Kim Ji Ho), Kim So Yeon, Lee Pil Mo, Like you said, probably be HR's mother-in-law.

Nam Myung Ryul.... now I know where I saw the man. :w00t: He was in the same drama with Kim Soyeon, Falling for Innocence. No wonder I thought he looked familiar. Now I can say where I saw him. Thanks.

About the actress from the last row, it could be a young actress that I don`t know about but she looks slightly familiar as well.:)  She is not the writer.

The writer looks like that.

?fname=http%3A%2F%2Fcfile78.uf.daum.net%

Finally, Viki updated the cast. And there are 56 followers now. Still very few people. Comparing to another 50 episode weekender who starts a week before on KBS after All About My Mom who has more than 600 followers and more subbers and segmenters by now.  But let`s continue to request the show and hope more people will be interested in the drama.

@larus, ah... I recognize this kid. He is also in "All About My Mom". He is cute.

Spoiler

you can see him listed under "Sun Hye Joo’s family"

http://www.koreandrama.org/all-about-my-mom/

Thank you also for answering my question about Lee Sang Woo not being in the script-reading

Thank you @larus, and @brbe33 for identifying everyone in the photo for us...

4 hours ago, larus said:

He is from production dept. most likely, assistant director. CP.   P stands from production. Not sure what the C stands for.

But here is his page on Hancinema

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_Yoon_Jae-moon.php

And below is another look at the writernim, Jo Eun-Jeog.

BTWphoto75635.jpg
BTW, if you want to see an example of a channel manager on Viki who does an exceptional good job take a look at the channel for upcoming drama "Five Children."  Notice that the channel manager, not only updates the page constantly with new information, he also takes the time to look at people's comments and respond to them.  Viki is lucky to have someone like him, and I wish there were more like him.

46 minutes ago, irilight said:

BTW, if you want to see an example of a channel manager on Viki who does an exceptional good job take a look at the channel for upcoming drama "Five Children."

That was the drama I talked about too. I discovered the page accidentally and I am envious. :D

We did not identify everyone in the photo but, it was close enough.

I really enjoyed that Happy Home team went to bowling. It is the first time I saw pictures after the script reading with the cast enjoying a free time.

I can`t wait to see more updates. Many pictures!!!!

Archived