Drama: Happy Home/ All`s Well With a Happy Home/ When One`s Home Is Happy

Hangul: 가화만사성

Genre: family, melodrama

Network: MBC

Episodes: 50

Director: Lee Dong Yoon

Writer: Jo Eun Jung

Release Date:  February 27, 2016 - August 14, 2016

Runtime: Saturdays & Sundays 20:45 ( time slot previously occupied by "Mom." )

Production Company:

OST: part 1  Nobrain- Vanity

part 2  Norazo- Gosh I Don`t Know 

part 3  Zion- Evidence

part 4 Seungho (MBLAQ)- Say Love

part 5 Jo Jung Min- Sweet Life

part 6 Oh Hyun Ran- Sick

part 7 Yeoch featuring Kang Sori- Live Is Good

Official site: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/gahwa/

Facebook MBC https://www.facebook.com/MBC?sk=wall

Watch LIVE: - http://vodmall.imbc.com/player/onair.aspx (login with MBC account)

http://aqstream.com/mbc/MBC

http://tv.idol001.com/idoltv-mbc.html

http://www.olweb.tv/mbc-korea

Watch VIKI: https://www.viki.com/tv/30228c-happy-home   (no license yet) The Request Form VIKI

OneDemandKorea (for US & Canada)

Plot

"Happy Home" is based on the biggest Chinese restaurant in Chinatown, about a family and their happiness and sadness. The Bong Family quarrel and fight all the time but comes dinnertime they are all happy and smiles again. This drama looks back on the true meaning of family. (Hancinema)

The series will be about a family that’s thrown into tumult over the threat of a divorce, and how they overcome it and learn to better understand each other. No matter how much they fight, they’re the kind of family that makes up over a warm bowl of jajangmyun. (Dramabeans)

http://asianwiki.com/Happy_Home

http://www.koreandrama.org/happy-home/

http://movie.daum.net/tv/detail/main.do?tvProgramId=75500

Cast

tumblr_o1icitEzUT1sdd1ivo1_r4_540.png

tumblr_o1icitEzUT1sdd1ivo3_r2_540.png

Kim So Yeon- Bong Hae Ryung

Lee Sang Woo- Seo Ji -Gun

Lee Pil Mo- Yoo Hyun-Ki (Hae Ryung`s husband)

Kim Young-ChulBong Sam-bong (Hae Ryung’s father)

Won Mi-kyung- Bae Sook Nyeo (Hae Ryung’s mother)

Kim Ji-ho- Han Mi Soon

Jang In-Sub - Bong Man-Ho (Hae Ryung`s twin brother)

Yun Da-HunBong Sam-Shik (Bong Sambong`s younger brother)

Ji Su Won- Bong Sam Sook (Bong Sambong`s sister)

Seo Yi-Sook- Jang Kyeong Ok (Yoo Hyun Ki`s mother)

Lee So-Jung - Lee Yeong Eun (Jang Kyeong Ok `s secretary)

Yoon Jin-Yi - Ju Se-ri

Park Min Woo - Lee Kang-Min

So Hee-Jung- Oh Min-Jung (Bong Sam Shik’s Wife)

Choi Yoon-so- Bong Hae- Won (Hae Ryung`s younger sister)

Nam Myung Ran- Seo Do-Hyung (Seo Ji Gun`s father)

Ahn Hyo-Seop - Choi Cheol Soo

Lee Na Yoon- Bong Jin Hwa

Ahn Nae-sang - Min SeokSamsook`s first love )

Gil Jung-Woo- Yoo Seo Jin (Hae Ryung and Hyun-Ki`s son)

Kim Sarang (child actress) - Bong Sun Hwa

Park Ji-Il - Lee Suk-Ho

Seo Kyung Hwa - Kim In Sook

Lee Kyu Jeong -Ahn Cho Rong

Park Min Sang (박민상) - young Bong Sam Bong

Lee Bom- Bae Sook-nyeo (young)

Kang Yi Eun (강이은)- Hong Ji Sook

Park Jin Woo (1973) - Sous Chef

Kim Nam Hwi-

Son Sun Geun (손선근)

Yoon Hee Won (윤희원)

Choi Min Geum

Posters

tumblr_o2obu0sHMk1sdd1ivo1_r1_540.jpg

tumblr_o2obu0sHMk1sdd1ivo3_r1_1280.jpg

12742726_1279668765383183_37472794149770

20160222001341048_2.jpg

Character descriptions

http://content.mbc.co.kr/program/drama/2768479_64285.html

가화만사성 인물관계도

tumblr_o2obu0sHMk1sdd1ivo4_r1_250.png

Bong Hae Ryung ( Kim So-Yeon) is the eldest daughter of Bong Sam Bong (Kim Young-Chul). She is a housewife who has beenmarried for 13 years, and her husband is also rising high in a big corporation, while her mother-in-law is a famous hanbok designer. Although Bong Hae Ryung has a bright and optimistic personality, she is often hurt by her demanding mother-in-law and cold-hearted husband. Bong Hae Ryung seems to be really calm, but is always troubled by things that erupt around her.

Awakening after the time standstill, she's able to feel the love! 

One word to describe that woman, it's "Beautiful". When she was in college, she was a model for the school propaganda, and you could see she had extraordinary beauty. Now that she's in her 30s, her pure smile is as beautiful as a flower and she's more beautiful than ever before. Many things happen in her family. She's the oldest daughter who takes care of everyone, she's very reliable, and that makes her more beautiful. She's calm and sincerely listens to others. She's enthusiastic and caring, she laughs and cry with others too. Seeing wildflowers blooming along roadsides, or a puppy snoozing can make her feel happy. She has a healthy "mind" and optimistic personality that makes her shine more brightly. Her husband is the chief of the planning department of " HS Group", a national leader company. He has a successful career. Her mother-in-law is a famous hanbok designer. However, she's not like her sweet talker younger sister-in-law. She also can't compare to her older sister-in-law. In people's eyes, she's very fortunate to get married into her husband's family. Whether she understands or feels grateful to every little thing, she still cannot satisfy her mother-in-law. Thanks to her stingy father Sam Bong, she has a habit of careful calculation. In her mother-in-law's eyes, this habit is poor and contemptible. She's patient and endured like her mother Sook Nyeo, but her mother in-law thinks she's "malicious". Finally, when her marriage came to an end, she found new love. Then, her ex-husband said to her, "Let's love each other again." (translation Kim So Yeon - Sso Fanpge )

tumblr_o2obu0sHMk1sdd1ivo5_r1_250.png

Seo Ji Gun (Lee Sang Woo) is an absent-minded genius of a doctor. He's a genius at being a doctor but he's not very good at taking care of himself. His clothes are a mess and his diet is composed mostly of take-out and instant food. He falls in love with a woman he shouldn't fall in love with.

First time meeting with ‘A woman who should not be loved’, a genius doctor!

If you do not say that he is a skillful doctor, pretty much, people would think that he is the wanderer who went somewhere in Europe, humming and strumming guitar. With 뻗은 키에 (Far far away, stretched, height) and somewhat messy hair, badly buttoned with one notch left behind. Though wearing mismatched socks, can be digested as “easy-going charm” because of a good look ‘(too charming) to be a doctor’. Because of the face that complete the fashion. Unrelated to traffic congestion, he rides a scooter, serves as a general doctor, goes camping, naturally sleeping outdoors, drifting as free spirit. He has suffered frustration as much as others did, such kind of him has a secret of laughing brightly. But, there is a gap. No, it is a hole..daily. He cannot eat warm instant rice. He doesn’t know what’s inside his refrigerator, even doesn’t know how much balance is in his bank account “Vitality Zero”. And, searching for phone if he wants to call and such basics. Forgetting for Think nothing when eating, even cannot remember the name of colleagues who works together, (calling him) ‘Amnesia’ severe level. There are not many people who knows about him that mis-matched socks fashion, the time when he cannot call out the name but just smile, are all because of his forgetfulness. Instead, beating over the bachelors, only hearing grumble for monopolizing the popularity as  돌싱(A man who becomes a single again). Though he is good at forgetting, there is a pain he cannot never forget. And, a woman lives in a center of this memory, he is gonna make some new love with this woman. (translation @brbe33)

tumblr_o2obu0sHMk1sdd1ivo6_r1_250.png

Yoo Hyun Ki ( Lee Pil Mo) Breaking up with his wife and falling in new love, it is also with his wife again!

Without trouble, he has a smooth skin, always with short hairstyle. Due to the habit of exercising, not even a bit of flab, with a silky smooth body, unarguably educated and articulate, and charismatic overwhelming eyes. It can be said that he always goes through (living through) elite course because he has that great bloodline/innate genes. However,  the reason why he is so exact, from overcoat, even the length of the shirt sleeves which can be seen outside without even a bit of error, is due to his habit of perfection. Like a person who obsessed with ‘must’, he is complete in all aspects. Because of that, at the young age, he climbs up to (achieve) the manager position of HS Group. For that, living with the determination of ‘the only son whom you can get him to success’, there is time when he work so hard for not letting his single mom down. For ages, he learnt to control emotions. And, he tried hard to be perfect in study, exercise, appearance and even tone. No wonder, during the marriage life with his wife, he did all his best to “every appointed role”. Unfortunately, it is just that he doesn’t know the fact that comfort is needed in between the couple, rather than a role. People said to him of having ‘a severe emotional disorder’. “Pain/Wound is not given by me. you are receiving.”  Talking cold to his wife who needs comfort in a word. It is not wrong to say (No Wonder), they get divorced after 13 years of marriage. He realized only when his wife left….that I very much love that woman who has been my wife. (translation @brbe33)

tumblr_o2obu0sHMk1sdd1ivo7_r1_250.png

Bong Sam Bong (Kim Young-Chul ), Chinese restaruant “Gahwamansasung” ‘s chairman and an absolute monarch of the family!

Starting with a steel bag, as the one who carves up the country’s best restaurant “Gahwamansaung”, he is a self-made icon and the era’s human spirit bible. He has endurance at this level and overflowing charismatic arguably a rag-to-rich. In fact, it is like a rebirth of “Nolbu”. He is filled with greed. If insufficient, he becomes cold hearted. Nevertheless, there is one reason of success among the sea of food services. He throw away the unfresh material into the trash can without mercy. Because he is a polite and hospitable perfectionist “of the food, by the food, for the food”. (translation @brbe33)

tumblr_o2obu0sHMk1sdd1ivo8_r1_250.png

Baek Sook Nyeo (Won Mi-kyung) Now, wants to be a ‘former wife’ of Bong Sam Bong, late bloomer Joan of Arc!

Every mom in the world has ‘tolerance/endurance’. So is Sook Nyeo…always living with endurance. Espcecially, stubborn, penny pincher/stingy, nasty nolbu husband Bong Sam bong! Living by taking care of him for 40 years. As much as like a fire kick, he loses temper for Twelve times a day. …..And explaining more about how much Sook Nyeo has to endure……If asked what is Sook Nyeo’s speciality, it is “apologizing”. Because of Bong Sam Bong’s temper (even have a fight with the pole on the street he walked), she has to apologize each and every neighbor (even when she rides the bus, she becomes a habit of saying “I am sorry” that there is no person who hasn’t been apologized at least once. Who said that life starts at 60!!! At this age, want to live lifting head (not bowing), isn’t it too late for now…If by oneself, can withstand and cheer up but, because of the sin of shameless son having affair, have to kneel down to daughter in law, because of the sin of daughter for not having a child, bowing down until it touches the ground, in front of son-in-law’s parents. (translation @brbe33)

kjh_1.jpg

Han Mi Soon (Kim Ji-ho) lives as a devoted and suffering housewife, taking care of her spoiled husband Bong Man-ho who is younger than her, and serving her husband's parents, But, her husband has an affair with other young woman, bringing the mistress home. Finally, they get divorced. Later, with the technique and know-how that was learnt from All's well with happy home restaurant belonged to her husband's parents, she sets out for revenge by opening a Chinese restaurant in front of All's well with happy home restaurant.

Blunt a knife for a knife, hell hath no furry (like a woman scorned), Man-ho’s first wife!

She used to be proud of her beauty 전지현 뺨도 친다는 미모 (direct translation is a bit strange). She became “Ahjuhmma”(can’t even find the trace of that beauty), taking care of her immature husband, doing restaurant labor work and supporting her father-in-law. She came into 5 pyeong-square “Gahwamansasung restaurant” as an employee at the age of 20, which now become "500 pyeong" on site restaurant. She is the woman who holds the pride of "it is impossible if there is no cooking skill and honesty". She is indeed as well as in name, Gahwamansasung's daughter in law. (brbe33`s translation)

Teasers/Trailers

Presenting Bong family

6 Minutes Preview

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim So-yeon, Lee Pil-mo courted for MBC weekend drama

by girlfriday | December 31, 2015 | 36 Comments

KimSoYeon_LeePilMo1.jpg

I like that Kim So-yeon (Falling for Innocence) is choosing lighter fare these days, though sometimes I do miss her badassery in action roles. She’s currently entertaining an offer to headline the new MBC weekend family drama All’s Well With a Happy Home, which I guess means that her stint on MBC’s variety show We Got Married is working out well for her (yunno, other than the obvious benefit of being faux-married to cutie-pie Kwak Shi-yang).

The drama will be about a family that owns a large restaurant in Chinatown, named (of course) All’s Well With a Happy Home. Kim So-yeon is considering a role as the family’s eldest daughter, a bright and happy older sister who’s dependable and looks out for her siblings. The drama is also courting Lee Pil-mo (Who Are You—School 2015) to co-star, which is great since he’s awesome and perfect for feel-good family drama. His role hasn’t been specified, so we’ll have to wait and see whether they’ll share a loveline.

Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/12/kim-so-yeon-lee-pil-mo-courted-for-mbc-weekend-drama/

The actor Kim Young Chul confirmed to appear in weekend drama Happy Home/ All`s Well With a Happy Home. He will play a central character in the drama, who leads the family like an "absolute monarch", the owner of the biggest restaurant in China Town, a perfectionist in the cuisine. The actor said that this drama "will bring a warm smile and sticky fun. Please expect a lot of knocks. "(Raw translations)

c4ef2f652453a30ceccd2856037088de.jpg

http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?mode=sub_view&popup=0&nid=04&c1=04&c2=01&c3=&nkey=201601051607513

Actress Kim Ji-ho will appear in weekend drama Happy Home as Bong Sambong`s daughter-in-law. She comes back on small screen after 18 months after her KBS drama "Wonderful Days". She had last year a special appearance in the MBC weekend drama "My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol".

1452244058546.jpg

http://www.xportsnews.com/jenter/?ac=article_view&entry_id=679671&_REFERER=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ro

If she will be the Bong`s daughter-in-law that means that Bong family have an older son. Let see who the son will be, Lee Pilmo or somebody else.

Guest ororomunroe

I hope Lee Pilmo and Kim So Yeon confirm soon, I like them both.

Looking at the screenwriter's profile, I've only watched Hotel King and that was okay. Has anyone watched their other works?

I am in if Kim Ji Ho confirms.  Kim Ji Ho will act as the daughter in law of Kim Young Chul (a father of her in drama Wonderful Days). Lol. :D 

On January 8, 2016 at 5:32 PM, larus said:

Actress Kim Ji-ho will appear in weekend drama Happy Home as Bong Sambong`s daughter-in-law. She comes back on small screen after 18 months after her KBS drama "Wonderful Days". She had last year a special appearance in the MBC weekend drama "My Daughter, Geum Sa-Wol".

If she will be the Bong`s daughter-in-law that means that Bong family have an older son. Let see who the son will be, Lee Pilmo or somebody else.

Kim So Yeon will be the eldest daughter. So, the son will be the second eldest (Kim Ji Ho's husband) in the family may be. 

Why is the drama filmed so late? Usually, the cast are already confirmed at this time if it will go on air in February. The on-air date is so close now! Excited to see her back again in the drama.

22 minutes ago, ororomunroe said:

I hope Lee Pilmo and Kim So Yeon confirm soon, I like them both.

Looking at the screenwriter's profile, I've only watched Hotel King and that was okay. Has anyone watched their other works?

Nope. I haven't watched any of their works before. Can't wait, anyway!~^^

WOW, new people at this thread. Welcome all.

I don`t doubt that the cast will be great. I don`t watch long weekend family dramas but this time I will watch for Kim Soyeon if she will decide to appear in this (and I think she will sign). I am a little nervous but I am hoping for a good experience. Praying that the script will be interesting with good heartwarming moments since it is a family drama.

The other actor I am familiar with so far is Kim Youngchul. I saw him In Iris 1 and 2 and a little in The Blade and Petal. It seams that in Happy Home he will be an authoritarian figure too. :D 

I can`t wait to watch Lee Pil Mo as I just discovered him. I have a crush on his singing voice from King Of Mask Singer and I saw a interview with him and I already like him.   

It is the first time I will see Kim Ji Ho and Won Mikyung and I can`t wait to watch them on screen as well. As I said I am not worries about the cast at all. I know we`ll have other actors cast in this drama. It is a long ensemble cast. 

If the Bong family is the central family in Happy Home, they will cast many people as siblings.

2 hours ago, ororomunroe said:

I dropped Hotel King so I can`t say anything else about the writer`s work. She wrote two daily dramas and the last two were weekenders, both with 32 episodes. I am not sure how many episodes Happy Home will have. Some sources say 36 and others 50.

3 hours ago, brbe33 said:

Why is the drama filmed so late? Usually, the cast are already confirmed at this time if it will go on air in February. The on-air date is so close now! Excited to see her back again in the drama.

It is late. I am worried why they gave offers to the actors so late. Is was a problem to the production/ finance? They should have started filming by now. I think that soon we`ll have the confirmations and the whole cast and maybe we`ll find out more about the plot.

If the family is thrown into tumult over the threat of divorce I assume is Bong father, the owner of the restaurant, and his wife. And the other family members are fighting as well.... Not a Happy Home picture. :D

2 hours ago, larus said:

If the family is thrown into tumult over the threat of divorce I assume is Bong father, the owner of the restaurant, and his wife. And the other family members are fighting as well.... Not a Happy Home picture. :D

Haha. Hello!! Thanks for the thread, by the way.

Definitely not a happy family. Probably a war...rivalry...between the family members! Is it gonna be portrayed in more comical or more serious ways (like in drama "Royal Family")? Curious~~~ I would like to see in a more modern and serious kind, full of secrets...each character (Bong father himself as well) having their own agenda planning to get the power of Bong family's heir! Lol. I am not sure it will be portrayed that way because it's a weekend drama. I hope it's not a boring one. Kim So Yeon, as an eldest daughter, will be a savior of this tumult at the end?

And, the plot probably means that Kim So Yeon is protagonist and Kim Ji Ho might be antagonist in the drama! Omg. Haven't seen her as an anatagonist of the drama before. Gonna b interesting if she really is!~ 

59 minutes ago, brbe33 said:

Definitely not a happy family. Probably a war...rivalry...between the family members! Is it gonna be portrayed in more comical or more serious ways (like in drama "Royal Family")? Curious~~~ I would like to see in a more modern and serious kind, full of secrets...each character (Bong father himself as well) having their own agenda planning to get the power of Bong family's heir! Lol. I am not sure it will be portrayed that way because it's a weekend drama. I hope it's not a boring one.

I don`t know how it will be. We know so little about this drama. I believe it will be rivalry between family members. If Bong are rich (having the biggest restaurant in Chinatown) it could be about fighting for power, many egos...but I don`t think it will be very serious.. like hate or insuperable problems. Yes, they fight but if the synopsis tells us that they have dinner time in the evening when they are happy and all smiles. That`s telling me that we`ll not have the typical antagonists in this drama. If they are... they are not that bad. I expect normal people with qualities and weaknesses.  We`ll see. I am intrigued about the "threat of divorce plot". From what we know, Bong Sambong (Kim Young Chul) is like a "monarch" of the Bong family. If he will be at odds with his wife, and there is a threat of divorce... (he will have an affair?) then the tension in the family is real. I can imagine all other members confused with their new situation, they have to deal with new problems. I hope this drama is not a boring one  too. I really don`t know what to expect. Fingers crossed that the writer is/was inspired.

1 hour ago, brbe33 said:

Kim So Yeon, as an eldest daughter, will be a savior of this tumult at the end?

And, the plot probably means that Kim So Yeon is protagonist and Kim Ji Ho might be antagonist in the drama! Omg. Haven't seen her as an anatagonist of the drama before. Gonna b interesting if she really is!~ 

Soyeon will be one of the main leads but I can`t see at this point how Hae Kang (her character) could be the "savior"? Maybe she will be the voice of reason in the family, trying to get together all the family. I really hope it is more for her than "babysit" their younger siblings as in the synopsis. :) Being a long drama, all the characters can be developed properly.

I am curious if they will show how they make the food. Many characters are working at the restaurant? Many questions.  Kim Youn Chul`s character, Bong Sambong is presented like a perfectionist chef, he throws the food if it was not made with the freshest ingredients.

Not only we don`t have many news about this drama cast, plot... But we`ll have translations? That`s another problem. I`ve already  completed the Request Form at Viki (more than once :phew:) but not many people are interested I`m afraid. Hope they will get the license.

The actress Won Mi-kyung confirmed to appear in drama Happy Home after 14 years. She had difficulty deciding to return because she lives with her family in the United States but she chose to return because her passion for acting and by pressing and persuasion of the crew. She will play the wife of Bong Sambong who wants to divorce her husband after 40 years of marriage.

2016011102346_0.jpg

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/01/11/2016011102458.html

Edit: Other news said that she is still not confirmed but it is under positive review.

Hope all the cast will confirm soon. It is time for the drama to start shooting. 

Kim Soyeon has confirmed to appear in this drama.

가화만사성_김소연 출연 확정

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/830363

I hope we`ll have translated news because I want to know what they say for her character description. I use Google translate but I did not understand much, I am a little confuse. From what I understood, she will play the eldest daughter of Bong family, she is married and have a 13 years old daughter and a husband who is a famous hanbok designer (? it is not clear for me who is the designer. I thought he was but I saw that she is a housewife in the title). She is an optimistic person despite her cold husband and mother in law. I really want English translations. 

It will be her first housewife role. It will be interesting to watch but I am a little nervous. Please, drama, be good!

Naver said that actors Oh Man Suk and Lee Jong Hyun  are cast in drama Happy Home. We have to wait for confirmation from other sources.

c46089cbced46d1d9a43cfdff9ea6736.jpg

Oh Man-seok

normal_jonghyun16.jpg

Lee Jong Hyun

http://blog.naver.com/cnblue1138/220595031045

Edit: They are not going to be in this drama. It was just a blogger that mentioned them maybe as a wishful thinking.

I'm so happy Soyeon confirms to play in this drama. I think Korea makes the best family dramas :)) Anyway, @larus: As of my understanding, Soyeon will be playing a housewife, in 13 years of marriage, her mother in law is famous Hanbok designer, and her husband is a cold person :) I can't waittttttt I'm sure Soyeon will dress very nice in this as the news say she's like a dimond-class quality :))

Anyway,  i heard that Lee Jong Hyun and Oh Man Suk are being casted as well. Let's wait and see who would be pair up with Soyoen  :)) 

this is Chinese  news, use google translation would be esier to understand than korean's 

http://www.koreastardaily.com/sc/news/72600

@AshleyL: Thanks for clarifying. Raw translations is so messy sometimes, it is hard to understand. 

I saw that the actors you mentioned are cast as well but we have to see what roles they are playing or if it is a true information.

Poor Hae Kang (Soyeon`s character). I pity her only reading the synopsis.:phew:  She is a housewife so she doesn`t have a life outside her family and with a husband with cold personality and a mother-in- law from hell (I assume)....But being from a rich family herself, maybe she has other activities outside home.  She has a totally different personality from her husband. I pity her mother as well. She dedicated so many years to the family but she can`t take it anymore, she want a divorce.  What an unhappy family!!! 

But maybe it is not that bad... it is said in the synopsis that we`ll have warm and funny family stories too so...

I really want to see an elegant Soyeon on screen. I`m anticipating her outfits in this drama.    I am really curious how the story will unfold. First we need the whole cast, to see what character everyone will play.

Kim Ji-ho confirmed as well!!!~ :D

2016011301001240900081391_99_20160112152

With the extent of my language knowledge, online translation and dictionary, this is what I got with Kim Ji-Ho's character synopsis :

As we all know, she will be Bong family's daughter in law, Han Mi-Soon. She lives as a devoted and suffering housewife, taking care of her spoiled husband Bong Man-ho who is younger than her, and serving her husband's parents, But, her husband has an affair with other young woman, bringing the mistress home. Finally, they get divorced. Later, with the technique and know-how that is learnt from All's well with happy home restaurant belonged to her husband's parents, she sets out for revenge by opening a Chinese restaurant in front of All's well with happy home restaurant. 

Source : http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0002873489

So many Hanja in character synopsis. If the drama uses Hanja dialogues, I don't think I can understand... :crazy:

Edit : added Bong Man-ho and spoiled husband in my translation.

@brbe33: Thanks for helping with the translations. At least you have a limited knowledge of Korean language! I know nothing. :D Let`s hope somebody who will know Korean will join this thread. We`ll be very lucky if that will happen.

Reading the character description for Han Mi Soon (Kim Jo Ho`s character), I put her on my list of pitiful ("saints" :)) character`s list.  I`m starting to hate all the men of this drama and I have not started to watch the drama yet. Bong senior is a controlling man, Hae Kang`s husband is a cold man (and God knows what kind of man), Hae Kang`s mother is divorcing her husband after 40 years and I can imagine how was her life. Han Mi Soon is lucky to get away from that useless man. I root for her to be successful on her own. I wish all the women to find their own way in life, a better life with a better men or to stay single. 

I hope this drama is not too makjang. It is frustrating for the women of this drama and for me ...to watch this kind of family, knowing how hard it is for the women in the family. I have zero tolerance for this.  Get away from all the mess!

On 12.01.2016 at 3:30 PM, brbe33 said:

So many Hanja in character synopsis. If the drama uses Hanja dialogues, I don't think I can understand..

What is Hanja dialogue? Sorry to be so ignorant.

Archived