[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Back To 1989 1989一念間

sugarplum892

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loose translation with the help from google translate. 

Luckily 80% of the lyrics itself already in english lol

我们是朋友 (We are friends)
曹格 (Gary Chaw)

Love me
Love me as I am
I'm just another man
I might be a little strange
But can you Love me
Love me anyway
Take me as I am
Cause lord knows, I could use a friend

Causing trouble and bothersome silently
Really bothersome and painful just to listen
Staying by you when you are lonely
Because you will do the same for me

In the dark corner no one knows l am being lonely
Treated unfairly like a fool for not asking my feelings
No one cares for such small matter
In this cruel world

Can somebody
Love me
Love me as I am
I'm just another man
But can you Love me
Love me anyway
Take me as I am

No one cares for such small matter
In this cruel world

Love me
Love me as I am
I'm just another man
But can you Love me
Love me anyway
Take me as I am

Love me
Love me as I am
I'm just another man
But can you Love me
Love me anyway
Take me as I am
Because we are friends

Causing trouble and bothersome silently
Really bothersome and painful just to listen
Staying by you when you are lonely
Because you will do the same for me

Well... I don't know what to say. I feel horrible right now. :tears: 

We don't choose our parents

But I guess there's an old fashion view that children are what their parents are in some cultures. 

I would have loved to enjoy some super sweet moments in this episode but what happened overshadowed everything between CC and ZZ. Really anxious about the good feel disappearing from next episode and onward. 

Im just going to sit here and sulk until then. :(

Guest AlexMao

I honestly have more questions than answers right now. From Ya Juan's perspective she was knocked out and it looked as if someone tried to manhandle her resulting in the ripped button but at the same time doesn't mean THAT happened. She put Zhong En as the face of her attacker but nothing we saw seems to allow that either Zhong En nor Jin Qin could be the attacker let alone had the time to do anything to her. What I'm seeing is something similar to survivors guilt which if hold Ya Juan was attacked so it's possible. This though puts a damper on the last scene with her mother and her wanting to emigrate to the states because we know that Zhong En would be the one taking her/taking responsibility for her. Questions ... more questions. 

Sadly though I think all of this really did overshadow everything that happened between Chen Che and Zhen Zhen and like @scr0ll I need answers not time to stew in those unanswered questions. I presume from the preview Chen Che gets the answer he's looking for but its not the answer he was expecting. Now given this "mess" how will it put a damper on the new couple because you know Chen Che is going to be kicking himself from here to Macau.  

everything so chaotic on who actually hurt Ya Juan.

But high on my list on the person who hurt Ya Juan is the bad guy who has been eyeing on her at the party.

Unfortunately there is no prove that the bad guy is the culprit; and the easiest target is to blame it on Zhong En.

I02mN1b.gif

9nsDsKU.gif

But there is also a possibility that the bad guy witnessed Zhong En did bad thing on Ya Juan.

So episode 14 confuse us more than giving us the answer on Chen Che's father identity.

if its a 20 episode show, i do wonder what they are going to do for the next few episodes. Definitely tough for YJ and hopefully that the show doesnt turn all sombre. I have to say that this is not unexpected because judging from YJ character, it would be strange if she became someone who despised the father of her child so much unless it is associated with some really awful memories. Clearly, her mum lost her savings and she couldnt go to US because she invested in that Madoff like investment pyramid so ep 15 would definitely be interesting.

I actually enjoyed all the CC and ZZ interaction in this episode from the tunnel encounter, the dance and the afterhug at CC's parents house. thought it was sweet when CC was staring at CE, YJ and JQ when they just got to the dance and its only after XL's confession, that he ditched his backpack and did his own thang! 

I dont actually like JQ (and the actor who plays him is probably a bit raw too) - why does he always have to run away? I did not think what CE said was that inflammatory (definitely annoying) and if so, just brawl it out like men. I dont think CC is JQ son - they are too different in personality. Sure, CC was also afraid to make the move with ZZ (but come one there is that whole pesky time travel issue!) but once he decided, he went all the way. How he dealt with XL was also cool - take it like a man! 

I've created this account just to cmt to this thread. This film is really good. The music, the characters esp Cc and Zz are so nice. I love them very much. This film is also the first Taiwan film that I've watched but thanks, i have good impression. 

Look how gentle Cc treats Zz and Zz is so naive and brave in love

A little surprised why this thread is moving so slow. Seems there aren't many viewers watch this?

p/s: sorry for my poor English ;-)

l kind of pitied Xiao Long.  He is really and sincerely love Zhen Zhen.  Of course he underestimated Chen Che.  He was thinking that since both him and Zhen Zhen know each other for a long time already so there is no way Chen Che can win her heart in less than one year's time.  He is so blinded by love that he took the shortcut route by accepting the bad guy's help to become wealthy.  But then Xiao Long would not know the bad guy's evil intention and it is really unfortunate that Chen Che (and Zhen Zhen) can only offers him advice and hint.  It is a deep stab in his heart after he (and everyone) witnessed Chen Che kissed Zhen Zhen at the end of their dance.  Ouch!

Jin Qin is really not a good boyfriend or husband material.  He runs away whenever facing issues in regards to his relationship with Ya Juan.  He is not really a reliable life partner.  i am hoping that Jin Qin is man-enough to accept Ya Juan after knowing that she got pregnant resulted from the attack.

l am still doubting Zhong En is the culprit of attacking Ya Juan.  As mentioned by @AlexMao, this is known as survivor's guilt.  Yes, he will admit to everyone that he is the one causing hurt to Ya Juan because he wants to make use of it to finally win over Ya Juan.  And this resulted in Ya Juan's mother feeling extremely remorseful for putting so much trust in Zhong En to care for Ya Juan.  And what probably caused daughter-mother relationship drifted apart is because Ya Juan refuses to go for an abortion.

Seen the scratches in YJ's legs I want to think she fought back and fainted. And the guy that tried to rape her just back got scared and back off. 

I don't know I want to think that. But it got me more confused than before.

It does seem like something is going on between the OTP from the BTS cuts. Not sure if its progressed to actual dating but Marcus seems to be interested in Ivy Shao - there is some news that she was dating someone end of last year so it maybe a bit too soon. There is however a clip on Youtube (sorry dont know how to insert them here!) of them being interviewed after the Mother's Day event and she asked the reporters to not make up stories of them being together but Marcus was just kinda grinning and didn't say anything. He gave her 100% when asked as to how he would rate her and she basically had no choice to say she would give him 100% too! He said it sounded forced and in reality would only really have been 60%. :)

From the previews, it looks like that CC will know tonight that he was not a product of a happy union. I really dont know how much further the show can go if its meant to be 20 episodes. Will he travel back and forth? Please do not become draggy and uber dark!  

Spoiler

Can I just say thank God for that cutesy beginning scenes between CC and ZZ (minus XL - I felt sorry for him last ep but now I just find him annoying! The girl said no!) - good to see that CC is also a dude with hormones! 

Cant say that what transpired with the YJ arc was unexpected but still it was sad. Kudos to the show for handling it sensitively. I wanted to clap for ZZ when she emphatically told YJ that it wasn't her fault and since JQ loves her so much he would stand by her. That's the way, 1989 girl - for all her simpleness, I like ZZ. And that speech by YJ's dad - so sad. What do u say when u can't tell u know but want to be there. JQ - you stupid man - how can you just take what YJ said at face value ? Even CC and ZZ didn't buy the story - how low can your self esteem be? 

Also, there has got to be a reason why CC looked at the scar on his arm. Why?? Anything that can stop him from disappearing ?? Maybe he is already in 1989 so he can't dissappear ? Nooooooo ..... 

The show may not be so breezy now but damn, it's still good. Crossing my fingers and toes that there is at least some happy ending. At this stage, I am gonna settle for anything non-tragic. 

:( 

If only Jin Qin can be as determined as Xiao Long (his never-lose attitude on love), then Ya Juan will not be feeling so hurt.   This Jin Qin is totally a hopeless case.  Even Zhong En is man-enough to cook up a story which convinced everyone that he is the guy responsible for hurting Ya Juan. 

Jin Qin's love for Ya Juan is really questionable.  And as Zhong En correctly said that Jin Qin can never provide happiness to Ya Juan.  Time and again Ya Juan pinning her hopes on Jin Qin and this tragic event really showed her Jin Qin's true self - a pathetic born loser.

On 5/12/2016 at 9:45 PM, Mico Ricco said:

both are actually dating in real life?

credit : youtube -  台灣蘋果日報

omg!!!! really? thats so cuteee!!! thnks for sharing *happy dancing*

btw im 99% sure the bad guy raped his mom not her friend. i just hope ZZ and CC have a happy ending despite his mom's tragic incident and lovestory

Archived