[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Back To 1989 1989一念間

sugarplum892

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chen Che singing in episode 6

The song CC is singing is Karen Mok's 愛情有什麼道理 Any Reason For Love from her album 你可以 You Can

WHICH according to wiki was released in 1999.

KMD.png

It is given that Chen Che know it but how come Zhen Zhen knows the song too? Or maybe she's just following/joining CC sing. 

Is it a revival song? Maybe it was first released by another artist in 1989 or even before?

Do you think it will affect the future episodes? But I don't think Chen Che will be there till 1999. By that time he'll be 9 years old...

Or was it just the writing that is wrong like with the Hollister?

EDIT:

Okay, I saw this video. Guitar version of the song Any Reason For Love by Jonathan Lee.

Is this by chance the original singer in 1989 or he's the one who wrote the song for Karen Mok by 1999?

This vid was posted in 2013 that is from a concert.

@AlexMao Thank you for sharing the video.

12 hours ago, Angelique Salvatierra said:

Thanks! Now I know.

So this must be the version they are listening in that year not Karen Mok's. I was a bit confused with that because Karen Mok's version is the one posted on the first page. :lol:

Sorry, I used Karen Mok's version because the wiki stated the ost was sung by her.  I've fixed it on the first post now. :)

Guest AlexMao

Spoiler-esque ...  

@scr0ll  It's safe to say that Zhen Zhen has realized her feelings for Che Chen, I'm leaning towards Che Chen realizing how special Zhen Zhen is to him. My rationalize behind that is her absence from breakfast (look of concern, wondering where she is, etc.) and to some extent Zhen Zhen's little midnight ritual and its aftermath. Now moving on to confession, would you say that Zhen Zhen directly asking Che Chen in the closing moments of episode 7 count as a confession or do you think Che Chen will play it off?

---

Anyone concerned about Xiao Long now? Bumbling fool he might be but I doubt he'll take the fact that Zhen Zhen is in love with someone sitting down/quietly. I don't necessarily see him being the vengeful type but it would seem almost a given that he'll try to expose Che Chen's details to someone. 

At the moment I'm not really interested in the "Who is Che Chen's father?" angle but given the previews for episode 8 and well the whole blind date bit I'm more hopeful that it serves to have the two male leads (in her life) step up a bit rather than allowing some dark horse swoop in and crush/ruin Ya Juan's life. 

Guest AlexMao

@Angelique Salvatierra In what way do you think Zhen Zhen isn't a part of the future?

Given that a large part of the show revolves around Che Chen finding out who is father is and well ultimately making sure that his mother finds happiness for me it seems more and more likely that the Che Chen we know in the story doesn't exist anymore in the future or possibly at all. Then again if you (or any other readers) are familiar with the move Secret starring Jay Chou & Gwei Lun-mei I can see the series taking on an ending like that since it would allow both parties to be happy in some way or another.

I could probably think of a dozen or more alternative futures but I'm not sure I'd like many of them if it meant what we're seeing between Che Chen and Zhen Zhen either fizzles (never materializes in the past) or was simply some figment of imagination (brought on by Che Chen's initial accident).

16 hours ago, AlexMao said:

In what way do you think Zhen Zhen isn't a part of the future?

As Chen Che always point out, Zhenzhen is a troublemaker. Isn't it that the criminal who was apprehended in 2016 is at large in that year (1989). CC saw him on a speeding car that almost hit ZZ in episode 1. And there is also Director Wang that seems to be connected with the triad. What if Zhenzhen will die around that year and that's one of the reason Chen Che came back to 1989? 

On 3/25/2016 at 11:09 PM, Angelique Salvatierra said:

Episode 8 

preview 1:

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

preview 2:

preview 3:

What if what ChenChe doing in the past will affect the future? 

I keep thinking that maybe in the present time Zhenzhen is gone.

I still have a huncb that he will fall in love with her daughter in present time. :) I pray for a happy ending!

On 25 mars 2016 at 7:37 AM, thunderman1 said:

I still have a huncb that he will fall in love with her daughter in present time. :) I pray for a happy ending!

I don't know. If it was me falling in love with a guy, who then travelled forward in time and hooked up with my daughter... I would be pissed. It would also be a bit creepy. :crazy: 

It doesn't seem fair to them personally. I would prefer if she somehow could travel forward with him. 

Though, as a "cougar" I have no issues with guys 20 years younger than me... 

... !

:phew::D

Guest AlexMao

Having some time to digest episode 7 again I don't think I'd have a problem with an unrealized love between Zhen Zhen and Che Chen if it ultimately means he can bring happiness to his mother. It's a bit cliche I'd imagine but something similar to the Korean film Ditto or the American film Frequency. I admit I would be a tad disappoint since we've spent so much time on these two coming to some kind of understanding about the other that it would be wasted but if it's written just right I'll hold off my pitchfork and torches for the writers. 

Sadly I'm still not sure I liked episode 8. I enjoyed Zhen Zhen & Che Chen bickering like an old married couple but at the same time I'm not sure I like the direction Xiao Long is taking. It's going to force Che Chen's hand possibly likewise it could give him a way out allowing Xiao Long and Zhen Zhen to be together. If memory serves after @Angelique Salvatierra mentioned the criminal in episode 1 finally being caught after twenty years I swear the newscaster also brought up Xiao Long as well (some kind of speculation or money laundering scheme). Chen Chen's being in that time could correct several timelines not just his mothers. Just a wild thought. 

credit : FB - SETBackTo1989

12909609_982610105110326_14613645086720812901552_981793985191938_544456265848172

@AlexMao if l am not mistaken, the one getting caught for the money laundering is the big investor (director Li) whom Zhen Zhen's boss tried to "pair" them up.  Luckily Chen Che rescued Zhen Zhen by betting with director Li that the stock market will close at certain level/point.

On 3/27/2016 at 5:24 AM, AlexMao said:

I swear the newscaster also brought up Xiao Long as well (some kind of speculation or money laundering scheme).

Not Xiao Long.

The person mentioned in the news is Director Li.

The pervert man who Chen Che made bets on episode 1.

via viki sub:

As for some local news, the well-known Li Da Zhong died last night at home.
He was a stock speculator. Because of his involvement in the beauty pageant industry, he has been in the media spotlight.

His past stock speculation has caused him to receive several jail sentences.

His very controversial life has come to an end.

On 3/27/2016 at 1:22 AM, scr0ll said:

I don't know. If it was me falling in love with a guy, who then travelled forward in time and hooked up with my daughter... I would be pissed. It would also be a bit creepy.

Well, there is this movie kinda like Il Mare. But the guy ended up with the granddaughter of the heroine.

I don't think it will happen in this drama.

Archived