[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Back To 1989 1989一念間

sugarplum892

The songs in this series are nice. Problem is I can't find the lyrics translation.

Anyone knows someone who translated them or can someone help translate? :)

I only have the ending song with translations from viki. But there is I think two lines that aren't included in the version of the ending on tv so I just used the translator on that part.

Here is the LRC show for Two People by Alien Huang.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next Friday is too long a wait !! Marcus Chang totally rocking all the dorky sweaters he has to wear in 1989 ...

I liked how awkward and stiff CC was when confronted by YGA and his mum when the cards arrived. Everyone can see that he and ZZ have feelings for each other.

at 4.41 in the show, was CC blowing his own private kiss to ZZ? 

1 hour ago, Mico Ricco said:

CC blowing a private kiss to ZZ - l looked through episodes 12 & 13 but cannot find it?

Episode 13 - 4.41minute I am not sure - he just wrote the card to CC and went to sit on his bed looking at the vent between them. It looks like he is pursing his lips ; makes sense considering he is a hot blooded male and he spent most of the previous days being distant and purposely oblique 

I'm so dead! The preview for next episode gave me a heart attack. Please, please, please, please send them BOTH forward to 2016. 

(Also pleeeaaaaseeee don't let someone assault his mum :tears:)

episode 13 reviews

credit : youtube - TTco

Mini Tsai promoting L'appart

credit : youtube - Wow!NEWS 新聞網

BTS - 陳零九 Nine Chen【你他我】三立、東森偶像劇「1989一念間」插曲 Official Music Video

credit : youtube - 完全娛樂 NewShowBiz

That slap is really a real hard one.  Yes, Ouch!

But since this is executed so well, there is no need a re-take.:)

In the next episode we finally able to know whether YJ got into some kind of serious trouble which resulted in her going into isolation as we have seen in episode 1.

If I was drinking while watching this scene I must have spit my drink that time. 

The line is so Ye Guo An!

Screenshot%202016-05-03%2010.22.07.png

I was thinking he will say "Ye Zhen Zhen is saying goodbye like she knows she will die or something".

I doubt that they will be in 2016 on episode 14. 

Screenshot%202016-05-03%2010.20.13.png

Isn't it that this suit jacket had something to do with his time travel?

Screenshot%202016-05-03%2010.31.18.png

The speed, rain and lightning too?

@scr0ll l really want both ZZ and CC to be together too; be it in 2016 or in 1989.  Actually l can see that CC is having a heavy heart wanting going back to 2016 because he has clearly falling in love with ZZ.  In the preview we can see that CC kissed ZZ and l do not think he is doing this to spite Xiao Long but he is doing so because he is really in love with ZZ.

@Angelique Salvatierrayes, Guo An is really cute here.  l have a different thoughts though; l was expecting him to say "both of them is planning to elope".  With the technology in 1989 and even year 2016 time travel is definitely not possible unless similar occurrence happened - time (night), place (road tunnel), weather (rain and lightning) etc etc so l share similar observation as you that they are both still in 1989, in episode 14. @AlexMao shared with us many theories on time travel and one of it definitely can be applied to CC / ZZ situation currently.

Guest AlexMao

As much as I want to put a lot of the blame on Xiao Long for misunderstanding Zhen Zhen's friendship/affection, I'd be lying if I sad that Zhen Zhen is blameless here. Che Chen's already told her about Xiao Long liking her. Nothing he's really said or done has been far off the mark. If anything she's had the opportunity to let him down gently enough to keep him as a good friend. I don't necessarily see Xiao Long going violent more protective goofball at the kiss scene. The problem is though I can see Xiao Long putting himself and others in a predicament after Zhen Zhen confirms her feelings for Che Chen.

Might as well throw another theory in the bag piggy backing off the aforementioned predicament. Xiao Long goes running to the "baddy" from episode one and he sets in motion either the murder of Che Chen or Zhen Zhen which somehow rights the future.

@AlexMao. Actually I thought that there was a scene where ZZ tried to ask XL why he was acting so weirdly (after the confrontation w Ya Juan Father re CC background) at the tofu shop and XL says that it's because he cares for her and her family. Pretty much re emphasising that the nature of their relationship is more sibling love rather than romantic love. Unless she avoids  XL, I think ZZ has not been giving him any hints that he may have romantic hopes - in fact she told him that she likes someone and it's clear that the someone is CC. Her interaction with him reeks of familial care 

Guest AlexMao

@lizzieyen You're right, her feelings for Xiao Long appear to us to be more of the sibling variety BUT sadly there are those out there that can't necessarily differentiate between the two. It could be that in Xiao Long's mind he's been courting Zhen Zhen and attempting to WOO her family without Zhen Zhen specifically laying down the unfortunate truth or naming names. Look at the mess with Ya Juan, Jin Qin and Zhong En anyone paying attention can see that Ya Juan is head over heels in love with Jin Qin. She's literally said that Zhong En is very much being treated as a sibling but there we have Zhong En being a thorn in the side of the relationship. Now I don't recall if they've touched on any bad blood between Zhong En and Jin Qin which could explain his issues but getting back to Xiao Long and Che Chen for example it could be that he simply thinks that I've spent X years with/around Zhen Zhen and that low and behold Che Chen just falls out of the sky and snatches her away from him and this is where is issues are it may not be that he loves her beyond a familiar/sibling but then again we're not focusing so much on that angle as we are their budding friendship/love story so unless we get a few hints/flashbacks it may simply be another theory until we have solid proof. 

I recall at some point around episodes 7-8 when Xiao Long was going through the records and we found that Che Chen had used Ya Juan's father in part of his application that is when Xiao Long brought up that "we" hardly know anything about Che Chen and that like Che Chen had told Zhen Zhen numerous times to simply be careful of those around you ... I don't know honestly. These things aren't always as cut and dry which kind of makes all of this wild speculation half as fun to write/theorize over as the actual series is to watch. 

1 hour ago, AlexMao said:

@lizzieyen You're right, her feelings for Xiao Long appear to us to be more of the sibling variety BUT sadly there are those out there that can't necessarily differentiate between the two. It could be that in Xiao Long's mind he's been courting Zhen Zhen and attempting to WOO her family without Zhen Zhen specifically laying down the unfortunate truth or naming names. Look at the mess with Ya Juan, Jin Qin and Zhong En anyone paying attention can see that Ya Juan is head over heels in love with Jin Qin. She's literally said that Zhong En is very much being treated as a sibling but there we have Zhong En being a thorn in the side of the relationship. Now I don't recall if they've touched on any bad blood between Zhong En and Jin Qin which could explain his issues but getting back to Xiao Long and Che Chen for example it could be that he simply thinks that I've spent X years with/around Zhen Zhen and that low and behold Che Chen just falls out of the sky and snatches her away from him and this is where is issues are it may not be that he loves her beyond a familiar/sibling but then again we're not focusing so much on that angle as we are their budding friendship/love story so unless we get a few hints/flashbacks it may simply be another theory until we have solid proof. 

I recall at some point around episodes 7-8 when Xiao Long was going through the records and we found that Che Chen had used Ya Juan's father in part of his application that is when Xiao Long brought up that "we" hardly know anything about Che Chen and that like Che Chen had told Zhen Zhen numerous times to simply be careful of those around you ... I don't know honestly. These things aren't always as cut and dry which kind of makes all of this wild speculation half as fun to write/theorize over as the actual series is to watch. 

Totally see where you are coming from! :) Guess this is why the question as to whether man and woman can ever just be friends remains unanswered and a favourite theme in many movies.

For both CE and XL, not professing their love earlier turns out to be a bad decision. JQ was also not forthcoming but I guess the drama is trying to show that he and YJ always had chemistry or sparks that were more than platonic. Unfortunately, self awareness is the least in the protagonist themselves e.g. XL who thinks that he should only make his move after he has sufficient wealth.

An interesting thought would be to see if ZZ would have fallen for XL if CC did not appear but not sure if the drama would address that. It could be that XL is not her type at all or that they would have ended up together if not for CC.

Ain't relationships complicated? :) 

On 2016-05-03 at 4:39 AM, Angelique Salvatierra said:

Isn't it that this suit jacket had something to do with his time travel?

The speed, rain and lightning too?

Love this idea! You might be right! The way they have talked about this suit from the start. The material is special and not produced until years later and in combination with a lot of things (like the magnetic field, rain, lightning etc) it could be the time travel trigger. So he will need to wear the suit for it to work.

I really like this idea! Well done! :)

If this theory is correct, will it mean it opens a wormhole that anyone can travel through or will it only work for the one wearing the suit? Meaning, can several people pass through time or only CC?

Archived