[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Back To 1989 1989一念間

sugarplum892

Guest AlexMao

@Angelique Salvatierra Thank's for the clarification. 

I'm kind of at a cross roads with the series where I would prefer that Chen Che and Zhen Zhen get together but at the same time it would better if his purpose was kept at trying to make his mother happy and if that means sacrificing himself (his happiness with Zhen Zhen) we'd still get a pretty good story overall. 

The ending like Il Mare wouldn't be terrible but you'd introduce a cougar (or puma) love line and I'm really not sure how the viewers would like that. I'm not sure if I should be laughing at seeing Zhen Zhen on the hunt for a young Chen Che or if I should be cringing in horror. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zhn Zhen only look upon Xiao Long as a good friend, nothing more.

i am just speculating here ... When Chen Che suddenly gone missing because he traveled back to present-time so Zhen Zhen will be totally heartbroken. Chen Che back to present-time, will be looking forward to seeing Zhen Zhen again.  Chen Che will declare his undying love to Zhen Zhen even though the latter is now at her's mother age. 

That cliffhanger... That preview... I can't wait for ep 10. 

Its been nice slow pacing up to now, but it's time to step it up. Weeeeeeee! :w00t: 

complications, time conundrum, love tangles BRING IT ON

Guest AlexMao

I'm a little conflicted over the episode. Sure we had some nice bickering/budding moments between Zhen Zhen & Chen Che but at the same time Xiao Long is meddling because he's afraid of losing whatever he has with Zhen Zhen. I'm glad that Xaio Long confessed his feelings albeit to the wrong person and to be perfectly honest it didn't seem to be such a big shock either. What's bad in all of this is that no one seems to have the heart to tell him that he's just a friend and nothing more. Now the previews give us a big push in the right direction but also seems to indicate that the intent of Chen Che has shifted from making his future mother happy and balancing his own feelings for Zhen Zhen. On top of all of that madness we have to worry about our friendly timey-whimy paradox whether Chen Guo Zhang will buy it is another thing. I'm not seeing, for now, the point of telling him the truth. He's not going to magically find an answer to sending him back without going full Doc. Brown (Back to the Future reference for those who don't know) and really break the future.

Getting back to Ya Juan, Jin Qin and Zhong En for a second ... how are things going to unfold here? It's a no-brainer that Ya Jaun & Jin Qin are head over heels in love but second man Zhong En I can't quite read him. He's a muted version of Xiao Long but he comes off a bit more devious almost as if he's plotting something sinister. Ya Juan's mother seems to think highly of him so the transition from friend to something else would be somewhat assured but could be part of the reason future Ya Juan is miserable. Mere speculation really at this point as the teaser for episode 11 doesn't give us anything on these three. I would imagine outside of what we saw of Zhen Zhen & Chen Che we're going to need to flip back to making these three the main focus so we can have more conflict less happy moments. 

Sometimes it is better to let go the person whom you love so dearly.  I have wanted Zhen Zhen and Chen Che to be together but for the sake of preventing both from getting so heart broken when Chen Che returning back to future time so it's better for both of them not to be together.

From the preview it seems that Zhong En telling Ya Juan's mom of Ya Juan and Jin Qin are back in relationship; with the intention to split them up.  Zhong En will likely do something bad to Ya Juan in order to snatch her away from Jin Qin.  So there is high chance that Zhong En who is favored by Ya Juan's mom is Chen Che's father.  Because of Zhong En's evil acts hence Ya Juan never regarded him as Chen Che's father.  Ya Juan's mom of course regretted breaking up Jin Qin and Ya Juan; according to Ya Juan's father from the hospital bed in episode 1.

Anyways, enough of my speculation already.  Next week's episode will be interesting as Chen Che reveals his future origin.

Hi everyone, 

This drama is getting better, the storyline thickens and I have a feeling something huge is coming up... 

And I love the sweet romance between Chen Zhe and Zhen Zhen :)

I love reading some of your comments, keep it up! 

how is this drama doing in Taiwan?? is it well accepted or??? im currently watching this drama and refresh man. i love both. i hope this two are doing well in TW.

im curious, will ZZ end up with CC or... they'll meet as two different people in the future? perhaps, ZZ is dead in the past, then CC goes back to future, and meet someone who looks like ZZ. hahaha... sorry la, my version is a bit... makjang :D

EHRMERGED!!! Episode 10 had me squealing so much my toes curled.

I am amazed at how they picked up the story and are now driving it full speed down a 10 lane motorway. Just bam-bam-bam one plot after another. Will put the rest of my rambling and 2 sweeeeeeeet GIFs under spoiler tag. B)

Spoiler

So first,  The revelation that grandfather already knew... I was sitting on the edge of the chair. I am so happy he believed him from the get go. I hope his grandfather can figure out a way to send him back. But CC telling his granddad the year he was born was a HUGE mistake. Butterfly effect? I can imagine Chen Che is the catalyst that made things go bad in his mothers house. So my theory right now is that maybe it will be about destiny and fate and not time conundrums.

Then the amazing kiss in the library between YJ and JQ. It was so sweet the whole scene, How he pulled her from the table and went looking for an isle where they could talk. Then CC found them and it made me laugh so hard how he checked out his mum kissing a guy (who he probably presumes is his dad).

The bastard friend who calls YJ's mum to tell on her and JQ. I was waiting for him to show his true colors... what a bastard.

The bad dude they were talking about on the news in ep 1 showed up? Things are about to get messy and it looks like XL will get sucked into bad business. :( NOOoOOOOOooOoooo!

BUT THE MOST AMAZING THING EVER!!!!

tumblr_o5dk1cZ6Jc1ultryeo4_500.gif

tumblr_o5dk1cZ6Jc1ultryeo5_500.gif

She is soooooo sneaky. IloveherIloveherIloveher :wub:

I have to admit that I loved it, even though somewhere in the back of my mind I was wondering why he would kiss someone sleeping. BIG NO NO! But I was swooning so much I couldn't really pay attention to that voice. BUT THEN SHE SMILED AND I REALIZED SHE HAD A MASTER PLAN ALL ALONG. HAHAHA :phew:

Thats all, I hope you enjoy the GIFs. If you want more I got some over at my Tumblr http://ki-suh.tumblr.com

What did you guys think?

Episode 11 clips
credit : youtube - 張鈞証 / Chen Yu Syuan

Spoiler

BTS for episode 10

Spoiler

@scr0ll  You are observant; the bad guy (Guo Sheng Tai) who sweet talk XL on how win ZZ's heart and promising him lots of shares businesses was caught by Thailand police when he fled oversea five years ago (year 2011) as shown in episode 1.

uRIF0vc.jpg

I guess XL is desperate to win over ZZ from CC so he get himself into the bad guy's shady business in order to get rich quickly.

From episode 11 preview, CC decided to tell ZZ that he is from year 2016.  He is doing this in order to make sure ZZ is not blinded with / by the shady business deal because he knows the bad guy will be caught by the police in year 2016.  Next episode will be exciting as we see how ZZ deal with this CC's revelation even though we have seen ZZ seems not bothered with it and CC trying to counsel her.

On 13 april 2016 at 3:20 AM, Mico Ricco said:

@scr0ll  You are observant; the bad guy (Guo Sheng Tai) who sweet talk XL on how win ZZ's heart and promising him lots of shares businesses was caught by Thailand police when he fled oversea five years ago (year 2011) as shown in episode 1.

I guess XL is desperate to win over ZZ from CC so he get himself into the bad guy's shady business in order to get rich quickly.

From episode 11 preview, CC decided to tell ZZ that he is from year 2016.  He is doing this in order to make sure ZZ is not blinded with / by the shady business deal because he knows the bad guy will be caught by the police in year 2016.  Next episode will be exciting as we see how ZZ deal with this CC's revelation even though we have seen ZZ seems not bothered with it and CC trying to counsel her

Nah, not observant. I felt it was obvious in part 1 that if they talked about a bad guy on TV he would ev be part of the story. I bet he is the one that messed with time and accidentally dragged CC back with him to 1989. 

Really excited about bout how this will turn out now that there are so many dangers cropping up. Bad guys, bad friends, evil mums... 

@scr0ll agree on the possibility that the bad guy manipulated time to his evil advantage. 

Hopefully CC can learn the bad guy manipulation tricks to return back to 2016.

But CC having mixed feeling now of going back to 2016 because of his true love to ZZ. 

credit : youtube - Josh X

I came across this drama on Viki and I am so intrigued by it! I haven't watched all the episodes yet so I don't know all the details, but I was wondering about this - Can't Chen Che confirm the identity of his father through paternity testing? I'm pretty sure the technology is available at this time and all he'd have to do is yank a hair off Li Jin Qing's head and get it tested. You know how in the synopsis for this drama, it says that Chen Che will face a dilemma where he must choose between his mother's happiness and his own existence? I'm thinking he'll reach this crossroads when he does run the paternity test, finds out LJQ is not his bio dad, and has to decide whether or not to help him get together with his mom. 

We are now halfway. And there's so many issues cropping up. I'm wondering if CC hasn't meddled too much with time to do anything about it. It might be too late to put out all the fires, and maybe it's better to just move forward expecting a new timeline. 

I wish he had told ZZs dad and asked him to keep the secret. He also needs to have a good long talk with his granddad about everything he's done and figure out who they can tell. But granddad seems to be basing his decisions on what he has come to know about the future as well. So granddad will also change the future. 

I am so happy CC told ZZ! It would not feel fair to her otherwise. I was so mad (but understood the reasoning) of why he let her down when she confessed. It was so cruel. I'm hoping they will figure out something. 

Infact I hope CC will either stay in 1989 or bring ZZ forward in time. The angst is driving me crazy. They deserve each other. 

@Mico Ricco I think granddad will figure out how to travel in time, then the bad guy will steal the knowledge. It might turn into a Beef situation (like in the movie back to the future). 

@cloudydreams Doing a DNA test was possible in 1989. Though the problem would be explaining it to his possible dads. Unless he pulls the hair some other way. You need the roots. Maybe he just haven't thought about it and is waiting to see who it turns out to be. 

Archived