[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Back To 1989 1989一念間

sugarplum892

Their lines in the teaser are actually lines similar to those in Episode 20.

Ivy:
In this world, not every two people who loves each other, can grow old together.
I hope that, even if you lose me, you can still find your happiness.
Not needing to live in this world alone, to prove the greatness of love.
You just need to, put me in your heart.

Marcus:
I fell in love with a girl who does not belong to my world.
She said, she's a fox domesticated by me.
But in fact, I am the fox domesticated by her.
Being domesticated, is a very blissful thing.
I...am very happy.

On 19 June 2016 at 7:17 PM, majiko said:

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading here since a long time, and a really enjoyed reading your posts. I really looking forward to the last episode. 

But I have a question and hope someone of you could help. I really want to know the title and the singer of the song that is played in episode 16 in the office when Chen Che prepares to leave ( 51. minute). Does some one know the song?  Thank you very much.

I didn't check the video but I believe the song you are referring to is by 孫盛希 (Sun Sheng Xi/ Shi Shi) - 單身不等於失戀 Being Single Does not Equals to Being Out of Love (rough translation). I believe it still has not been released yet, but you can listen to the song here 160417 [讚聲演唱會] 孫盛希 - 新歌 單身不等於失戀

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20.6.2016 at 4:17 PM, huochevan said:

I didn't check the video but I believe the song you are referring to is by 孫盛希 (Sun Sheng Xi/ Shi Shi) - 單身不等於失戀 Being Single Does not Equals to Being Out of Love (rough translation). I believe it still has not been released yet, but you can listen to the song here 160417 [讚聲演唱會] 孫盛希 - 新歌 單身不等於失戀

Yes this was the song I'm looking for. Thank you very much.

Just watched ep 20. :( What???? Although the logical side of me thinks that's the best ending realistically ( how weird for ZZ to watch  CC grow up and date and not remember her) - what????? No cute shot of CC and ZZ in 2016?? Probably that's why Marcus and Ivy had to make a MV to keep all the fans happy! 

3 hours ago, lizzieyen said:

Just watched ep 20. :( What???? Although the logical side of me thinks that's the best ending realistically ( how weird for ZZ to watch  CC grow up and date and not remember her) - what????? No cute shot of CC and ZZ in 2016?? Probably that's why Marcus and Ivy had to make a MV to keep all the fans happy! 

its not ended yet dear! there will be another episode next week...:)

15 hours ago, blj26 said:

Can someone translate the latest and final preview including the captions?  Pretty please?  =)

Life, can only move forward.
But now he only wants to
go back into the past.

(Someone pointed out that the caption is related to the initial captions in the highlight/ initial teaser:
But coming towards him,
is the past.)

Che: Is it because I went to 1989, that harmed Zhen Zhen?
Che's Grandpa: Don't you know that the butterfly effect is very scary?
Che: So this is the price I have to pay for going back to 1989?
Che: What must I do to meet you once again in between the crossing paths of time-space and time-space?*

*Essentially there are two time-spaces and Che hopes to meet Zhen in between the crossing of those two time-spaces. Hope this clarifies my bad translation..?

Apologise for the bad translation, but as a fan of the drama since the beginning, trying to help the international fandom with some minor stuff here and there though the drama is ending soon (:

+ The insert song mentioned above by Shi Shi is released already: 

3 hours ago, huochevan said:

But now he only wants to
go back into the past.

(Someone pointed out that the caption is related to the initial captions in the highlight/ initial teaser:
But coming towards him,
is the past.)

Che: Is it because I went to 1989, that harmed Zhen Zhen?
Che's Grandpa: Don't you know that the butterfly effect is very scary?
Che: So this is the price I have to pay for going back to 1989?
Che: What must I do to meet you once again in between the crossing paths of time-space and time-space?*

*Essentially there are two time-spaces and Che hopes to meet Zhen in between the crossing of those two time-spaces. Hope this clarifies my bad translation..?

Apologise for the bad translation, but as a fan of the drama since the beginning, trying to help the international fandom with some minor stuff here and there though the drama is ending soon (:

+ The insert song mentioned above by Shi Shi is released already: 

Thanks for the translation! 

Guest moo1304

Guys.. hv u watched the last episode?i only saw the ending..it's too short.. but im glad that we hv happy ending.

And my thought about the ending.. i think zz already forget how grownup cc look like..since the others already forget him..she slowly forget him too.. but before all her memories about him gone.. she got into accident and traveled to 2016. Since she almost forget him.. she cant find him in 2016. So she go back collecting her diary. And that's why when he finds her.. she recognises that he is grownup cc from their necklace and said "it's you" to cc.

Yuwei said from her fb that they're filming mv.. i wonder what mv it is...

Edit: anyways.. ytd rating went all high! I think 1989 is the first friday drama in recent years that broke 3+! Congrats to all casts n crew!!! I hope they can make an extended episode or mini movie for the after-they-meet-again story.

2 hours ago, moo1304 said:

Guys.. hv u watched the last episode?i only saw the ending..it's too short.. but im glad that we hv happy ending.

And my thought about the ending.. i think zz already forget how grownup cc look like..since the others already forget him..she slowly forget him too.. but before all her memories about him gone.. she got into accident and traveled to 2016. Since she almost forget him.. she cant find him in 2016. So she go back collecting her diary. And that's why when he finds her.. she recognises that he is grownup cc from their necklace and said "it's you" to cc.

Yuwei said from her fb that they're filming mv.. i wonder what mv it is...

Edit: anyways.. ytd rating went all high! I think 1989 is the first friday drama in recent years that broke 3+! Congrats to all casts n crew!!! I hope they can make an extended episode or mini movie for the after-they-meet-again story.

Thanks for this.  I also watched the finale but some of the parts including the last scene are not yet subbed in English. The last made me cry,  squeal,  and laugh. I know that's weird but I am just happy and touched by the last scene. 

I agree for the after-they-meet-again mini movie.  Hehe. Go for it,  director! 

This is officially my most fave Taiwanese drama. Kudos to the story,  casts, crew,  and the director! Thanks folks for granting my requests here.  =)

1 hour ago, huochevan said:

Marcus and Ivy's own cover of the ending theme is already uploaded on Marcus' YT channel!!

At the beginning, it says "This is for you guys who laughed and cried with us in 1989".

Thanks for sharing this.  I love this version! I love how they give justice to the song. Is this shot in Japan?  It seems like it's a mini continuation of their love story. May I know what Marcus said in the last part? 

3 minutes ago, blj26 said:

Thanks for sharing this.  I love this version! I love how they give justice to the song. Is this shot in Japan?  It seems like it's a mini continuation of their love story. May I know what Marcus said in the last part? 

Yup! They filmed both in Taiwan (guesthouse & beach) and in Okinawa :)

There are also some Chinese words in the video, which are just lines they said in the drama. Like (2:20) "Even if you don't say, I also know what wish you made. Same as you, I too hope that time can stay still at this moment, and become eternity." / (2:35) "Life can only move forward. But what's coming towards me, is the past."

Marcus' line at the end: "Hope that the smiles we had at that moment, can continue on forever."

Guest moo1304
38 minutes ago, huochevan said:

Marcus and Ivy's own cover of the ending theme is already uploaded on Marcus' YT channel!!

At the beginning, it says "This is for you guys who laughed and cried with us in 1989".

ivy's narration at he beginning is very sad.. and the ending, it's just dream of her(?) 

their cover is really good!!! but the mv is actually sad..

back to ep 21..

so the scene in 1990 where ZZ paid meal for a man,the man said that actually ZZ should hv died in 1989, but that day CC traveled back to 1989 already save her from death..and he said that her kindness will get repaid. (i think this is a hint for her future).

and did anyone notice.. the ending mv is different.. the one who face him in ending scene now is the 2016 ZZ

Not sure how I feel about this Drama as time travel just mind boggles me and I'm a practical person LoL:P so a plot based on fantasy, sci-fi that kind of thing can only hold my interest for so long y'know. After watchin' the finalé & just the finalé alone, I think I pretty much get the gist of the entire Drama:D It didn't appeal to me initially as I was watchin' it live on tv and sadly no subs<_< but aside from that, like I mentioned, the plot was just too incredulous for me to follow. Nonetheless, the Drama ended nicely with the OTP reunited with their present-past collide *sigh* Love really has no measure of time/space... now I'm gettin' sentimental HA:w00t:

@huochevan Thanks for the info. 

The MV seems to be sad at the end.  However,  we knew the Chen Che and Zhen Zhen had a happy ending.  It's up to us viewers and fans how they will spent their lives together inside our minds/ imagination. All we know that because they meet again,  it wilk be for eternity/forever.

I ship them so hard.  Hahaha.  I hope Msrcus and Ivy end up being together.  They are both single right now, aren't they? I hope for a romcom movie for them (which is quite impossible for now).  Ivy has an upcoming thriller movie,  and I don't know what's next for Marcus.  He should release an album. Hehe. 

I'm sorry but have an another inquiry.  What are the official social media accounts of Marcus and Ivy (personally managed accounts)?  

Withdrawal syndrome sucks.  LOL. 

Archived