[Official] ❀ Du Zifeng x Pi Yanuo | Baron Chen x Megan Lai ❀ [Bromance Couple]

akinahana89

23 hours ago, Rebby said:

We were laughing how we never noticed Baron before even though we had seen the dramas he was in! Even as second male lead in "Fated to Love You", I don't remember seeing him at all! I watched "Because of You" due to Megan, didn't find Baron or the other guy lead (best Actor winner in Hualiu awards) attractive so was never interested to know more about him.

Same here. I also watched Baron and/or Megan in Fated to Love You, Because of You, and Kungfu Dunk but had no lingering memories of them. I re-watched Kungfu Dunk last night, this time for Baron instead of for Jay Chao. :D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for your translations, @kiraning!!!! :heart:  :heart:

Here is a Megan/Baron video that made me burst out laughing.

At the beginning, Megan says her ideal man is someome who's honest, and then we cut to Baron saying he's an honest guy, but the editing is just out of this world XDD (I hope I'm not wrong for the translation)

(it's easy to make me laugh, apparently, just repeat things over and over again.)

Enjoy :D

Also, I can't understand 4:19. Is someone shouting "Lai YaYan?". I may be wrong there XD

@dawnx BAAAAH~~ They are so compatible! I really agree with Megan's thoughts of love. As to 4:19, the fan was shouting '给予’ which means 'I'll give it to you'. It's what he said to Megan in Men's Talk Ep 11. So when he was asking if there were gold-plated gloves for him to give to YN, the fan said "I'll give it to you!" to tease him. A RPShipper for sure. 

(That phrase is in @JenL's translations...if anyone hasn't read it hahaha) 

11 hours ago, kiraning said:

As to 4:19, the fan was shouting '给予’ which means 'I'll give it to you'. It's what he said to Megan in Men's Talk Ep 11. So when he was asking if there were gold-plated gloves for him to give to YN, the fan said "I'll give it to you!" to tease him. A RPShipper for sure. 

(That phrase is in @JenL's translations...if anyone hasn't read it hahaha) 

Thank you so much for this translation :D

I guess when fans quote not only your character but what you said in the BTS of your drama, that's when you know you've made it :D:D

I'm glad his popularity is surging thanks to this drama. He really deserves it.

omg, was watching the Kiss clip on the bus and smiling like an idiot.. the BTS last night has a major "OMG" for the nose biting filming. Megan has to spread her legs for Baron to bend over. I had thought that they will probably do a side by side push over rather than front to front B):phew::w00t:

finally got my hands on this Dec issue ^^ 

12498435_10153774897127180_2096422033_n.

@dawnx Recently I've been REALLY into watching their fanvids. Thank you for rec-ing those!!

@Rebby STOP IT YOU ARE MAKING ME BLUSH!!! (Naturally I'm NOT thinking of a future DuPi bed scene of anything :sweatingbullets:) LOL! WOOHOO, cool you got the magazine! Apparently they will be featured for the Feb issue too. Not sure if that's confirmed. *crosses fingers* 

I updated Part 3 of the manifesto. Focusing on Baron, though at first I intended for it to be both B and M. The thing is....There was just too much to write about. And also I'm constantly finding out more tidbits regarding their Because of You days, and it's kinda scary how tight they were even then. I thought I was done with Part 1, but I guess I'll have to get back and update it eventually. 

2 hours ago, kiraning said:

@dawnx Recently I've been REALLY into watching their fanvids. Thank you for rec-ing those!!

@Rebby STOP IT YOU ARE MAKING ME BLUSH!!! (Naturally I'm NOT thinking of a future DuPi bed scene of anything :sweatingbullets:) LOL! WOOHOO, cool you got the magazine! Apparently they will be featured for the Feb issue too. Not sure if that's confirmed. *crosses fingers* 

I updated Part 3 of the manifesto. Focusing on Baron, though at first I intended for it to be both B and M. The thing is....There was just too much to write about. And also I'm constantly finding out more tidbits regarding their Because of You days, and it's kinda scary how tight they were even then. I thought I was done with Part 1, but I guess I'll have to get back and update it eventually. 

From reading your articles and words, I can have images of Baron and Megan doing all of it. As for "DuPi bed scene", me need extra oxigen tank standby. You are a POWERFUL WRITER. Words comes alive when you pen it down. :sweatingbullets: :wub:

wow, didn't know this thread existed, well i guess because it's after i left for the holiday trip.

YESSSSSSSSSSS what a brilliant thread and so necessary, after all, how can you LOVE Bromance without shipping these two loveys?

first, agree with Reddy on "it shouldn't be something we use to determine the man he is now" because the two interviews i read last year, I mean in 2014, River has talked about how much he's evolved since his "young blood" years and even his ideal type and what he seeks in a companion has changed, (don't kill me if I'm not exact)i recalled one line he said, "you know, I haven't brought home girls I've dated and I know my mom wouldn't agree with them anyways. But now, I understand what she means and I do want to bring the type of girl she would welcome to see her."  From what I know, he has a very strict family upbringing not only from his father but his grandparents whom he spent a lot of time with (at least that's what I heard), and guess what, back in that "Shanghai WWII era", his grandma was a judicial judge which is huge considering not many girls attended schools let alone held a prestigious official position.  In short, they have instilled certain level of values in him and cultured him unlike many others, and this is why I said before, he's a very cultured guy. My point IS (sorry for dragging so long), he's a different guy now, who knows more about what he's looking for in a companion.  Even in the Just Gift event, he said that now he focuses on cherishing the connection/feeling he grasps/senses in the present moment (give me a M an E a G an A and a N), instead of dragging it out.  

Oh, (yes, since I couldn't access this forum during my trip, I pretty much stalked all of the Taiwan sites), when the wedding dress shop posted the BTS photos, someone cheekily replied that it would be nice to see River & Megan trying out their wedding gowns/suit sometime in the near future (not using ZiFong/YaNuo names) and the staff replied something like we hope so too, they were adorable.  Gosh, I really hope there's BTS from Ent News team. 

Ok, I'll shush for now :)

Sigh...this is where the shipping become personal and real....for me...hahahahahhahahahahah.....the other forum is more about the plot/storyline/acting, etc. My thoughts...

1. The sexual tension between our Dupi couple is killing me. This can only be fueled by the intense chemistry between Baron and Megan :wub:...and of course the BTS *faints* the ad libbing by Baron & Megan...sighs...and yes, props to the director for being so flexi and fluid and perhaps a closet Dupi/Chu Yan shipper for allowing many of the more skinship-y ad libs...   :wub:

2. That said, you know in Baron's FB he listed himself as actor/director, so maybe that's why he is often seen discussing ad libs with Megan...

3. @Maria Cortez you broke my heart a little....you think Baron is not handsome enough? And too girly for Megan? Ok, I understand...but I also want to share that in Asian dramas, the male idols/leads are a tad too effeminate by Western standards (thanks to the kdramas, kpop and all) Some of the things that they do in the dramas are too girly and cringeworthy but yet I lap it all up....hahahahahahahahahahaha we can all have our fantasies right ;) all in the name of grandeur, romantic gestures!

4. Baron...baron...sigh, yes, he is not your typical drop dead gorgeous or hunky male lead but there's something very attractive about him...and I'm not even talking his well coiffed hair! Maybe it's his personification of Zhi Feng, coupled with Baron's real life 4D (dramatic and wacky)personality. But given a lesser actor, I think the effect will be different. He has definitely aged well since the last drama with Megan and chocked up experience and able to pull off as a charismatic lead.

There's also something manly about Baron that I like. It's subjective of course as many has shown to be fans of Bii and thinks he's hot. I personally like his character in the drama but he is too effeminated in some ways, guarding his idol status I suppose, with his guyliner and all. 

5. And like how we swoon over Megan's reveal that Baron is a man with substance (有内涵的男人), that's a major personal compliment for a man...I feel. To me, actresses don't go around talking about their male leads in that way unles she knows him well :wub: (Can you hear that Dupi shipper squealing? Hahahahaha) 

6. Maybe I'm reading too much into the relationship between Dupi or Baron and Megan (as you can see the lines are blurring for me...I don't care whether it's real or reel, I just love their pairing....hahahahahahahahahahaha why do I suddenly feel like Zhifeng??? ) but I feel that as much as Megan is vocal and not afraid to share her opinions, Baron brings out the girlish side of her easily. 

Megan also yields to his sexual inneudoes or pick up Baron's disgusting dirty habits?!!! In the latest BTS, Baron was teasing Bii in the scene in the arcade where he was suppose to rub his neck for discomfort and Baron said Bii can rub off dirt in his hand, and Megan pull Baron's hand towards her and pretend to lick it!!!!! And Baron laughingly exclaimed, you have changed!!!! Aaaaaaaaah their playfulness have "rubbed off" (pun intended) on each other!!!!

7. And besides seeing Megan's girlishness towards Baron in the BTSes, Megan yields to him a lot....sigh...Maybe that's why she can act so naturally....as compared to her interaction with HS (for all those who are starting to crush on him, he is Edison Wang). If you watch her interaction with HS in the BTSes, Megan is always more sassy and sarcastic in her remarks...

I'm sure I will have more thoughts but I will add on later...

Meanwhile....let's continue to enjoy our Dupi couple :wub:

5 minutes ago, Maria Cortez said:

@jbying7...I SALUTE YOU...YOU ARE A DIE-HARD FAN OF BARON...DONT WORRY I UNDERSTAND YOUR FEELINGS...DONT GET HURT FOR EITHER ONE OF US IS GIVING NEGA OR OUR OPINION REGARDING ON YOUR IDOL...YOU ARE NOT FANATIC HA WITH THIS PERSON HA???

I'm not hurt I'm just teasing you but also explaining the cultural differences? expectations between Asian and Western dramas :D

Btw, @kiraning I must always thank you for your writing (Part 3 and counting...) in your blog...I think I secretly shipped your insights...hahahahahaha...thanks for all the efforts...it is priceless. 

I wonder if Megan is celebrating her "26th" bday because the flower she updated on weibo is from the backdrop of YN's house, or maybe i'm just over-reading her context but she said she's in a real good mood but the thing she's doing is very tiresome...like getting dress up as a woman and shooting the bday scenes?  haha it's not even my bedtime to be dreaming.

3 hours ago, littlesame said:

first, agree with Reddy on "it shouldn't be something we use to determine the man he is now" because the two interviews i read last year, I mean in 2014, River has talked about how much he's evolved since his "young blood" years and even his ideal type and what he seeks in a companion has changed, (don't kill me if I'm not exact)i recalled one line he said, "you know, I haven't brought home girls I've dated and I know my mom wouldn't agree with them anyways. But now, I understand what she means and I do want to bring the type of girl she would welcome to see her." 

It's true. People change over the years that's really normal. The thing about it is he's never tried to hide and pretend to be anything more than he is, and that's something I can appreciate. He seems genuinely apologetic of his past ways, and hey, that could be reflective of a permanent change. 

back in that "Shanghai WWII era", his grandma was a judicial judge which is huge considering not many girls attended schools let alone held a prestigious official position. 

Badass grandma is badass hahahaha! 

2 hours ago, jbying7 said:

5. And like how we swoon over Megan's reveal that Baron is a man with substance (有内涵的男人), that's a major personal compliment for a man...I feel. To me, actresses don't go around talking about their male leads in that way unles she knows him well

Indeed. Megan strikes me as a person who is very selective but sincere in her words and compliments especially. When she said she learnt to be a guy firstly from Bii and her reasoning behind it, I was like, wow what I would give to be in his shoes hahahha!! I've yet to see her praise a co-actor like she praised Baron. 

Megan also yields to his sexual inneudoes or pick up Baron's disgusting dirty habits?!!! In the latest BTS, Baron was teasing Bii in the scene in the arcade where he was suppose to rub his neck for discomfort and Baron said Bii can rub off dirt in his hand, and Megan pull Baron's hand towards her and pretend to lick it!!!!! And Baron laughingly exclaimed, you have changed!!!! Aaaaaaaaah their playfulness have "rubbed off" (pun intended) on each other

LOL! Bii's reaction to that was priceless. Poor long-suffering little brother! Even Baron was shocked I'm sure. And Megan's look was all 'omg what came over me'. Hahahaha! 

@jaysay @MayL

Thanks for reading! Haha powerful writer? Woah that's a high compliment. 

7 minutes ago, kiraning said:

It's true. People change over the years that's really normal. The thing about it is he's never tried to hide and pretend to be anything more than he is, and that's something I can appreciate. He seems genuinely apologetic of his past ways, and hey, that could be reflective of a permanent change. 

Badass grandma is badass hahahaha! 

Indeed. Megan strikes me as a person who is very selective but sincere in her words and compliments especially. When she said she learnt to be a guy firstly from Bii and her reasoning behind it, I was like, wow what I would give to be in his shoes hahahha!! I've yet to see her praise a co-actor like she praised Baron. 

LOL! Bii's reaction to that was priceless. Poor long-suffering little brother! Even Baron was shocked I'm sure. And Megan's look was all 'omg what came over me'.

Need a break from my Monday meeting.

Yes, that's what I respect and love him for, he's upfront of who he was and who is now.  I recalled him apologizing in a show he attended for Because of You promo (he was paired with Megan in wedding dress), he said he felt bad for the hearts he's broken/hurt because he didn't know any better, he wasn't attentive enough and so forth...hey you only live once and a guy with his confidence well... lessons learned.

yes, badass grannie!  I haven't watched all Megan's BTS but reading from fans who followed her for years said it's rare that Megan will say this much personal things about a male coworker.  Think of this way, they must have spent OTHER private time together aside from the filming sets for her to be certain of the 2 things she noted of him, #1 he's a man of substance and #3 he's not good with words.  Of all the casts, she's probably the one that practically sleeps on set, let alone in between the short breaks and chat time she can share with him (when he's on set), she wouldn't have a handful of opportunities to know him that in depth, (or quality time prior to Bromance?!). 

Yeah, Bii literally jumped out of his chair while River was like, you changed, how did you turned into... (ask yourself) but one of my favorite part was the shooting hoops part, when the ball hit her on the side.  My friends and I couldn't stop laughing (sorry Megan) because like she said, how many times has she gotten hit by him?  I'm telling ya, force of love gravity, always hits the right spot :wub:   The best part was when he tried to make up by handing her the ball and boy, her response is mmm... in a very girly rebutting voice, like a complaining girlfriend, no, no, the game is over AND air ball LoL~~~

@littlesame

Feel free to "drag" anything as long as you like, we're all hungry for any kind of info :)

From what I know, he has a very strict family upbringing not only from his father but his grandparents whom he spent a lot of time with (at least that's what I heard), and guess what, back in that "Shanghai WWII era", his grandma was a judicial judge which is huge considering not many girls attended schools let alone held a prestigious official position.  In short, they have instilled certain level of values in him and cultured him unlike many others, and this is why I said before, he's a very cultured guy. My point IS (sorry for dragging so long), he's a different guy now, who knows more about what he's looking for in a companion.  Even in the Just Gift event, he said that now he focuses on cherishing the connection/feeling he grasps/senses in the present moment (give me a M an E a G an A and a N), instead of dragging it out.  

So basically, the bad girls (aka the makiyo kind) could have been his form of rebellion? XD (not necessarily conscious)

So all the bad things you guys were talking about were from before his because of you days, and not something much more recent?

@jbying7

you broke my heart a little....you think Baron is not handsome enough? And too girly for Megan? Ok, I understand...but I also want to share that in Asian dramas, the male idols/leads are a tad too effeminate by Western standards (thanks to the kdramas, kpop and all) Some of the things that they do in the dramas are too girly and cringeworthy but yet I lap it all up....hahahahahahahahahahaha we can all have our fantasies right ;) all in the name of grandeur, romantic gestures!

there, there *pats on the back*

a friend of mine who likes MANLY MEN *only*, said that baron was a "real manly man" when she saw him. and she wants to watch the show because of him XD

feeling better now? ;)

I think he exudes a certain manliness that's kind of hard to describe. it's not that in-your-face *roar i'm a man * macho thing, but something more subtle, quiet, natural yet always present and noticeable. maybe part of it is because of his confidence? I dunno.

Baron...baron...sigh, yes, he is not your typical drop dead gorgeous or hunky male lead but there's something very attractive about him...and I'm not even talking his well coiffed hair! Maybe it's his personification of Zhi Feng, coupled with Baron's real life 4D (dramatic and wacky)personality. But given a lesser actor, I think the effect will be different. He has definitely aged well since the last drama with Megan and chocked up experience and able to pull off as a charismatic lead.

He's one of those very rare guys that actually do get better with age (wallace huo being the only other one I can think of). Even though he was cute before, he looks much better now that he's older.

Btw I think he's the only guy on earth whose aegyo I actually love. He's both hilarious and adorable when he does it. And I actually despise aegyo, both in guys and girls. Usually I get the urge to either slap, punch or kill when I see it XD.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the relationship between Dupi or Baron and Megan (as you can see the lines are blurring for me...I don't care whether it's real or reel, I just love their pairing....hahahahahahahahahahaha why do I suddenly feel like Zhifeng??? ) but I feel that as much as Megan is vocal and not afraid to share her opinions, Baron brings out the girlish side of her easily.

Megan also yields to his sexual inneudoes or pick up Baron's disgusting dirty habits?!!! In the latest BTS, Baron was teasing Bii in the scene in the arcade where he was suppose to rub his neck for discomfort and Baron said Bii can rub off dirt in his hand, and Megan pull Baron's hand towards her and pretend to lick it!!!!! And Baron laughingly exclaimed, you have changed!!!! Aaaaaaaaah their playfulness have "rubbed off" (pun intended) on each other

It is my firm belief that you don't become something because others influence you, if you don't have the potential for it. They just bring out what's there already.

So basically, he just brings out her full personality XD

As for people who are afraid of megan getting hurt because she seems to be falling for his "playboy ways", they're completely ignoring all the kindness and care he showers her with. If she's falling, I think it's everything but the "playboy ways". BTW I loved, LOVED how he reacted to the comments about her weight and chest size. I don't know if he's like that with everyone (bonus points if he is), but that (and many other things) is some real EQ at work, and I seriously love it.

@dawnx lol that video was awesome! thank you for posting all the goodies :)

@kiraning <3 your essays are WONDERFUL! You always make me love them even more, both together and as individual people.

btw has anyone managed to find the pics from the latest spop issue? Someone uploaded the pic from the december issue soon after it came out, but as far as I know, nobody has scanned and uploaded the new ones?

I managed to find the pic that kiraning posted before, but I so want a larger version since I LOVE this pic ;_;

gk8dHTv.jpg

and another of my fav pics, because of his expression <3

aW1EQnk.jpg

Archived