[Official] ❀ Du Zifeng x Pi Yanuo | Baron Chen x Megan Lai ❀ [Bromance Couple]

akinahana89

Sorry everyone! I need to edit that section of my translations because Show biz did confirm ithe phone call was a joke by Baron and Megan! I can't talk on this forum coz I need to go watch episode 11...been dying all week...so I'll be back in a few hours!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PREPARE YOUR HEART

This video is sooo well-made, it's incredible.

It shows so many sides of their relationship (the bickering, the flirting, their support for each other...)

*swoons*

The 楚妍 cp (Chǔ yán couple) is slowly killing me <3

On 27.12.2015. at 11:26 PM, kiraning said:

@Maria Cortez  Naw it's cool! At the end of the day only the 2 of them know for sure. I personally think (and this is only my guess) that they are just really good friends with what the Chinese call '暧昧', which directly translated means 'ambiguity'. Like when you look at 2 friends and yoy think, "Ehm, is there something going on between you two?" That kind of undefined slight romantic tension. The both of them have always been incredibly open, Megan is also not overly sensitive as some women can be around men so I think she can accept being playfully touched more than others (and I think,  certainly more than River's other costars). But what makes me think there's a little bit of ambiguity is because of the way she reacts to him now as compared to previously. And the fact that he's pushing boundaries in a way he wouldn't with his male costars. Like he wouldn't kiss Bii on the ear...ever lol.

That could also just be growing intimacy due to filming demands though. I once read an article by a Japanese actor who said that to an extent he would always crush on his female costars, because it's easier to immerse himself into a lover's role. But after filming wraps up he steps out of it. This could be the case here, plus the fact that filming is tight and intense. Whatever the case they are definitely on very good terms and I'm happy for that :) 

Gong yoo (coffee prince) said something similar. But I think it's something you either always do or don't, and I didn't get the impression that was the case for them. Could be wrong though, of course. It's also natural to become more friendly as you spend time together everyday, and they were friends from before too. I don't think they're dating at this point either, but, as you've said, recently they seem to be flirting with the line between friendship and more (unless it's all fanservice, they're actors after all). You know how some people can be friends for years, they don't see each other that much, or perhaps they do, but they're at a particular stage of their life, dating someone else etc and they don't think of each other that way. Then after a long time, the right circumstances arise, they're at a different stage in their lives, and things just seem to click. I know several such couples in RL (OT one is a teacher-student noona romance :D). I like to think that something similar is happening to them. Sometimes (recently) there are little moments when I think that he's looking at her with some kind of adoration (which, let me point out, doesn't need to be romantic, but can be purely platonic too. and frankly, I adore her too :)). In any case, their relationship as we can see it, whatever it is, is really something enviable.

I'm curious since I didn't follow it, and learned about it only b/c of koalasplayground - when just you was airing, was puff and aaron's relationship somewhat similar? I vaguely remember they even took naps together.

@dawnx on which fb page did you find that bts pic? I'm asking because I didn't follow it for the past few days, couldn't find it on the main page, so I'm curious where can I find similar pics next time asap :) Love the videos, thanks for posting them too.

btw he's like a puppy on it, love it so much ;_;

btw2 that ridiculously bad google translation

Spoiler

had the words blush/blushing and sex both in the title and I think a few times in the article :) you can let your imagination go really wild and you'll get it correctly. it was seriously beyond hilarious :D

6 hours ago, Tyrea said:

Gong yoo (coffee prince) said something similar.

I was thinking of his interview when I read that too ;)

6 hours ago, Tyrea said:

@dawnx on which fb page did you find that bts pic?

... I tried to find it but I couldn't. Maybe in what people were sharing on the main fanpage? (but so many fans are sharing so many things XD It's crazy)

I guess

https://www.instagram.com/showbiz_set/

and

https://www.instagram.com/megan_lai_fans/

are good pages to stalk too ^_^

@kiraning @Tyrea I totally agree with the both of your opinions and I think you both worded my thoughts so well. I love, love, love Megan and Baron together and I think they have an awesome ambiguous, flirty friendship, but it's hard to say if there's anything really going on between them. It's fun to think there might be, especially since they are extremely comfortable with each other in a way that I doubt they would be with all their other co-stars. Even in the SPOP photo shoot, the crew mentioned that the two of them rarely make mistakes because they just really understand each other, and can co-ordinate with each other's movements and expectations without need for lots of verbal communication. But I do always wonder about the difference between what's real and reel, if you know what I mean. I work with actors, and one of them told me that if you want to be a convincing lover on screen, you do have to fall in love with your co-star, but limit it to reel (whenever you're being filmed). Unless of course you're really interested. Then by all means go for it! But yes, it's quite possible, that they could have both grown to like each other more and be in a matching point in their lives. I mean, they're in their mid-30's, they've both had long acting careers and they both seem to have a strong mutual understanding?

But even if they're not really together, I feel like they have something very special going on for them. That electric current running through their eye and body contact is strong! And all their flirting games seem like so much fun. And I guess I can kind of understand why you'd have an 'ambiguous' friendship with someone - I've had one too before. There's no way I would have been with that person (and vice versa), but it was such a joy hanging with them, as well as ducking every back-hug, ear-whispering, hand-on-lap, dramatic-marriage-proposal moment. 

@dawnx Haha, I like your comment. It is a secret they'll never tell. But they'll just torture us, the public, with their open displays of affection, whether real or reel.

I was checking out interviews on Baron and the Interviewer asked Baron: what do you look for in your soulmate? Baron answered: She must agree to give birth to 4 children coz I like to come home and it is all noisy till you need to shout to get attention.

The Interview said you can't possibly ask her till she agrees to be your girlfriend. 

16 hours ago, dawnx said:

PREPARE YOUR HEART

This video is sooo well-made, it's incredible.

It shows so many sides of their relationship (the bickering, the flirting, their support for each other...)

*swoons*

The 楚妍 cp (Chǔ yán couple) is slowly killing me <3

I didn't read your warning. I didn't prepare my heart. I had a heart attack. I'm dead! DEAD I SAY!

That was perfection! :wub:

2 hours ago, MayL said:

Baron answered: She must agree to give birth to 4 children

And so far Megan has only given birth to a heat pack. XD

2 hours ago, scr0ll said:

I didn't read your warning. I didn't prepare my heart. I had a heart attack. I'm dead! DEAD I SAY!

You were too young to leave us T___T And that's all my fault :tears:

Was... was it worth it in the end? XD

Some pictures from their previous drama:

AQXkCCK.jpgtp1Mq8P.jpg

Megan is so pretty *___*

qzMZTpy.jpg

I found it funny how Baron is sitting cross-legged and Megan doesn't close her legs. They really found actors who were meant to play YN and ZF <3

Oh and a last random picture I find hilarious:

XXBby2K.jpg

8 hours ago, JenL said:

@kiraning @Tyrea I totally agree with the both of your opinions and I think you both worded my thoughts so well. I love, love, love Megan and Baron together and I think they have an awesome ambiguous, flirty friendship, but it's hard to say if there's anything really going on between them. It's fun to think there might be, especially since they are extremely comfortable with each other in a way that I doubt they would be with all their other co-stars. Even in the SPOP photo shoot, the crew mentioned that the two of them rarely make mistakes because they just really understand each other, and can co-ordinate with each other's movements and expectations without need for lots of verbal communication. But I do always wonder about the difference between what's real and reel, if you know what I mean. I work with actors, and one of them told me that if you want to be a convincing lover on screen, you do have to fall in love with your co-star, but limit it to reel (whenever you're being filmed). Unless of course you're really interested. Then by all means go for it! But yes, it's quite possible, that they could have both grown to like each other more and be in a matching point in their lives. I mean, they're in their mid-30's, they've both had long acting careers and they both seem to have a strong mutual understanding?

But even if they're not really together, I feel like they have something very special going on for them. That electric current running through their eye and body contact is strong! And all their flirting games seem like so much fun. And I guess I can kind of understand why you'd have an 'ambiguous' friendship with someone - I've had one too before. There's no way I would have been with that person (and vice versa), but it was such a joy hanging with them, as well as ducking every back-hug, ear-whispering, hand-on-lap, dramatic-marriage-proposal moment. 

@dawnx Haha, I like your comment. It is a secret they'll never tell. But they'll just torture us, the public, with their open displays of affection, whether real or reel.

Agree with everything :)

And just to add a more delusional line - I've read somewhere (soompi maybe?) that baron said in a more recent interview that he wants to settle down, that his requirements in a partner and taste changed and that he just wants someone to share his life with. Whether it's true I can't be sure since I can't find the interview myself (it is something that happens with age though, and he'll be 38 in may), but it's what made me think that it is a possibility.

Btw those lines about 4 children were followed by fertility being very important XD

@dawnx thank you for the links! <3

I hope Baron will say the same to Megan the same words ZF confessed to YN: I do not want to hide my feelings anymore, I want to be honest with myself and to face you ... Lai Ya Yuen, I'm willing to be the Prince who will take care of you for life and to give you happiness!

Thank you Baron@ZF& Megan@YN for making 2015 a very SWEET year. Giving us so much hope to look forward in 2016. 

On 12/28/2015 at 11:04 PM, kiraning said:

Yep it wasn't scripted. The director had yelled cut. So sweet how he takes care of her :tears:

IF ANYONE ALSO NOTICES ON THE BTS CLIFF SCENE WHERE BARON PRETENDING TO FALL...BEFORE THE PRETENDING FALL HE SAID FIRST TO MEGAN " I LOVE YOU" 

Like many, I'm also checking this forum out although it is so interchangeable...Yay! 

Since we are all counting down to the next episode, I couldn't post any pics so I want to share some thoughts or describe the little things I note in this drama that crosses the line between reel and real of our Dupi couple...

1. I chanced upon some tabloid news about Baron (I repeat it's tabloid so may be exaggerated by paparazzi..) that he's a a player. He has some rumors with actresses from other dramas. But he's also very private AND straight talking at the same time, so nothing confirmed. And he handles media with such confidence and savviness. 

2. From the BTSes, we can see that he's very playful and caring as a person but either we are not shown the way he treats the other female actresses with the same love and care or he's just so genuine and comfy with Megan (the little ear pecks and skinship!!! *faints*).

3. And Megan lets him. They are both that comfortable with each other...beyond mere professionalism as actors. Coz seriously I have never seen such public displays of affection among lead actor or actress in a drama in BTSes or the SPOP magazine shoots. There's always a certain coyness or shyness for other actresses. And Baron & Megan only paired up in a 2010 drama? So many questions...sigh...

4. In the camping episode, the part where Yanuo decided not to argue and sleep in same tent with Zhifeng, after she stepped in,  while she zipped up the tent, Zhifeng/Baron had his hand briefly on Yanuo/Megan's waist...it's a quick 2-sec but I kept thinking, there was no need for that in the scene...

5. When Zhifeng stayed over at Yanuo's place, when she was in the kitchen, there are a pair of red and green boxy ornaments on the counter next to each other, in a later scene where Yanuo fell asleep next to Zhifeng on the couch, as the scene fades out, you see the ornaments leaning on each other! In my delulu mind, is the staff teasing or just a little cutesy gesture by the director who likes details...

6. The list can go on about the BTSes which are even made into MVs, how easy and comfy Baron plants kisses on Megan while acting or kissing for the script...if they are just very, very good friends, is that a norm? It has definitely crossed many, many lines....

These are constant random thoughts that popped up...

Will share again if I come across anything new...:D

i find the way Baron treats Megan as both playful and teasing with a hint of "I like you that's why I'm treating you this way"? Like how young boys treat their crush in school. The part when they filmed the forfeit kiss, Baron was using his lips to look for Megan's front teeth (as he claimed) by pecking on her lips several times. Unless they are super buddy-comfy or have something going on, it's actually quite risky for a male actor to do that before everyone since it may be seen as a form of harassment. And the fact is, Megan lets him or sometimes playfully retort him. It may also just be the play catching phase of their ambiguous status.

me too also read up on some of his past news but it shouldn't be something we use to determine the man he is now ^^

it's became a habit or what? Him scratching her head :wub:

5688c05973a5c_kou1.thumb.jpg.1d5295d3d65

5688c05d4c62b_kou2.jpg.eb591b84507f6d0fc

also, i find a man who holds a lady by her neck to be claiming "this woman belongs to me".. :glasses:

5688c29288dbc_neck1.jpg.c921e8ed88e043f2

why did Megan say "something will happen if we close the door"? :wub::P:lol:

5688c297ba46d_closedoor.jpg.2b420df82cbe

@jbying7 Haha, no one judge me if I say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Baron was a player, because hey, if I was good-looking and a funny guy in the Taiwanese entertainment industry....I would totally play them all! No, I'm joking. Kind of. I mean, if I was good looking and always around other similar people, I'd probably date different people too to find someone who I'd have real sparks with. I don't know if you count that as playing, but it might be that you're not ready to settle down...?I think it's ok as long as the other people you're seeing are ok with it too and you're not hurting them.

But I'm wondering if anyone has seen any behind the scenes videos from other dramas that Baron's done? Maybe that would show how he's like with other actresses? Mind you, he's been in China for a number of years and while I've been to China a number of times, and I like the country because it's not as bad as how Western media often portrays it to be, I do doubt they'd release BTS videos that were too flirty.I don't often read gossip....who did you read that he was linked to?!

@Rebby I agree. I feel like he does it with a kind of crushing affection. It kind of feels like he's doing it in the guise of fan service, but he actually really enjoys the fact that he gets to kiss her ear or hold her or something. But I don't think he'd do this stuff to Megan is she was really shy and unwilling and it was one-sided. Or if she had a partner and seemed to hold back. From what I see, Megan also encourages him to keep doing things to her. She plays all his games, she laughs almost all the time and doesn't even playfully hit him half the time when he kisses her, she'll ask him to pull her up and she'll suddenly start leaning towards him...it's a bit of a flirting exchange on both sides...though definitely more noticeable with Baron initiating actions... 

Archived