Quantcast
akinahana89

[Official] ❀ Du Zifeng x Pi Yanuo | Baron Chen x Megan Lai ❀ [Bromance Couple]

I wonder if Megan is celebrating her "26th" bday because the flower she updated on weibo is from the backdrop of YN's house, or maybe i'm just over-reading her context but she said she's in a real good mood but the thing she's doing is very tiresome...like getting dress up as a woman and shooting the bday scenes?  haha it's not even my bedtime to be dreaming.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, littlesame said:

first, agree with Reddy on "it shouldn't be something we use to determine the man he is now" because the two interviews i read last year, I mean in 2014, River has talked about how much he's evolved since his "young blood" years and even his ideal type and what he seeks in a companion has changed, (don't kill me if I'm not exact)i recalled one line he said, "you know, I haven't brought home girls I've dated and I know my mom wouldn't agree with them anyways. But now, I understand what she means and I do want to bring the type of girl she would welcome to see her." 

It's true. People change over the years that's really normal. The thing about it is he's never tried to hide and pretend to be anything more than he is, and that's something I can appreciate. He seems genuinely apologetic of his past ways, and hey, that could be reflective of a permanent change. 

back in that "Shanghai WWII era", his grandma was a judicial judge which is huge considering not many girls attended schools let alone held a prestigious official position. 

Badass grandma is badass hahahaha! 

2 hours ago, jbying7 said:

5. And like how we swoon over Megan's reveal that Baron is a man with substance (有内涵的男人), that's a major personal compliment for a man...I feel. To me, actresses don't go around talking about their male leads in that way unles she knows him well

Indeed. Megan strikes me as a person who is very selective but sincere in her words and compliments especially. When she said she learnt to be a guy firstly from Bii and her reasoning behind it, I was like, wow what I would give to be in his shoes hahahha!! I've yet to see her praise a co-actor like she praised Baron. 

Megan also yields to his sexual inneudoes or pick up Baron's disgusting dirty habits?!!! In the latest BTS, Baron was teasing Bii in the scene in the arcade where he was suppose to rub his neck for discomfort and Baron said Bii can rub off dirt in his hand, and Megan pull Baron's hand towards her and pretend to lick it!!!!! And Baron laughingly exclaimed, you have changed!!!! Aaaaaaaaah their playfulness have "rubbed off" (pun intended) on each other

LOL! Bii's reaction to that was priceless. Poor long-suffering little brother! Even Baron was shocked I'm sure. And Megan's look was all 'omg what came over me'. Hahahaha! 

@jaysay @MayL

Thanks for reading! Haha powerful writer? Woah that's a high compliment. 

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, kiraning said:

It's true. People change over the years that's really normal. The thing about it is he's never tried to hide and pretend to be anything more than he is, and that's something I can appreciate. He seems genuinely apologetic of his past ways, and hey, that could be reflective of a permanent change. 

Badass grandma is badass hahahaha! 

Indeed. Megan strikes me as a person who is very selective but sincere in her words and compliments especially. When she said she learnt to be a guy firstly from Bii and her reasoning behind it, I was like, wow what I would give to be in his shoes hahahha!! I've yet to see her praise a co-actor like she praised Baron. 

LOL! Bii's reaction to that was priceless. Poor long-suffering little brother! Even Baron was shocked I'm sure. And Megan's look was all 'omg what came over me'.

Need a break from my Monday meeting.

Yes, that's what I respect and love him for, he's upfront of who he was and who is now.  I recalled him apologizing in a show he attended for Because of You promo (he was paired with Megan in wedding dress), he said he felt bad for the hearts he's broken/hurt because he didn't know any better, he wasn't attentive enough and so forth...hey you only live once and a guy with his confidence well... lessons learned.

yes, badass grannie!  I haven't watched all Megan's BTS but reading from fans who followed her for years said it's rare that Megan will say this much personal things about a male coworker.  Think of this way, they must have spent OTHER private time together aside from the filming sets for her to be certain of the 2 things she noted of him, #1 he's a man of substance and #3 he's not good with words.  Of all the casts, she's probably the one that practically sleeps on set, let alone in between the short breaks and chat time she can share with him (when he's on set), she wouldn't have a handful of opportunities to know him that in depth, (or quality time prior to Bromance?!). 

Yeah, Bii literally jumped out of his chair while River was like, you changed, how did you turned into... (ask yourself) but one of my favorite part was the shooting hoops part, when the ball hit her on the side.  My friends and I couldn't stop laughing (sorry Megan) because like she said, how many times has she gotten hit by him?  I'm telling ya, force of love gravity, always hits the right spot :wub:   The best part was when he tried to make up by handing her the ball and boy, her response is mmm... in a very girly rebutting voice, like a complaining girlfriend, no, no, the game is over AND air ball LoL~~~

• Like 19

Some HQ fan taken pics. Credits as per the watermark. Hats off for quality and a good eye!

f253ffc279310a551d661ae9b04543a9832610d7

River's so hot! CANILIVE???

69f4c4fdgw1ezuta1z23jj215o0rs4h6.jpg

• Like 16

I love this thread so much, all your comments are perfect. If I could quote all of you, I would always be adding 'YES! YES! SO TRUE! EXACTLY!" afer every sentence :D

• Like 13

@littlesame

Feel free to "drag" anything as long as you like, we're all hungry for any kind of info :)

From what I know, he has a very strict family upbringing not only from his father but his grandparents whom he spent a lot of time with (at least that's what I heard), and guess what, back in that "Shanghai WWII era", his grandma was a judicial judge which is huge considering not many girls attended schools let alone held a prestigious official position.  In short, they have instilled certain level of values in him and cultured him unlike many others, and this is why I said before, he's a very cultured guy. My point IS (sorry for dragging so long), he's a different guy now, who knows more about what he's looking for in a companion.  Even in the Just Gift event, he said that now he focuses on cherishing the connection/feeling he grasps/senses in the present moment (give me a M an E a G an A and a N), instead of dragging it out.  

So basically, the bad girls (aka the makiyo kind) could have been his form of rebellion? XD (not necessarily conscious)

So all the bad things you guys were talking about were from before his because of you days, and not something much more recent?

@jbying7

you broke my heart a little....you think Baron is not handsome enough? And too girly for Megan? Ok, I understand...but I also want to share that in Asian dramas, the male idols/leads are a tad too effeminate by Western standards (thanks to the kdramas, kpop and all) Some of the things that they do in the dramas are too girly and cringeworthy but yet I lap it all up....hahahahahahahahahahaha we can all have our fantasies right ;) all in the name of grandeur, romantic gestures!

there, there *pats on the back*

a friend of mine who likes MANLY MEN *only*, said that baron was a "real manly man" when she saw him. and she wants to watch the show because of him XD

feeling better now? ;)

I think he exudes a certain manliness that's kind of hard to describe. it's not that in-your-face *roar i'm a man * macho thing, but something more subtle, quiet, natural yet always present and noticeable. maybe part of it is because of his confidence? I dunno.

Baron...baron...sigh, yes, he is not your typical drop dead gorgeous or hunky male lead but there's something very attractive about him...and I'm not even talking his well coiffed hair! Maybe it's his personification of Zhi Feng, coupled with Baron's real life 4D (dramatic and wacky)personality. But given a lesser actor, I think the effect will be different. He has definitely aged well since the last drama with Megan and chocked up experience and able to pull off as a charismatic lead.

He's one of those very rare guys that actually do get better with age (wallace huo being the only other one I can think of). Even though he was cute before, he looks much better now that he's older.

Btw I think he's the only guy on earth whose aegyo I actually love. He's both hilarious and adorable when he does it. And I actually despise aegyo, both in guys and girls. Usually I get the urge to either slap, punch or kill when I see it XD.

Maybe I'm reading too much into the relationship between Dupi or Baron and Megan (as you can see the lines are blurring for me...I don't care whether it's real or reel, I just love their pairing....hahahahahahahahahahaha why do I suddenly feel like Zhifeng??? ) but I feel that as much as Megan is vocal and not afraid to share her opinions, Baron brings out the girlish side of her easily.

Megan also yields to his sexual inneudoes or pick up Baron's disgusting dirty habits?!!! In the latest BTS, Baron was teasing Bii in the scene in the arcade where he was suppose to rub his neck for discomfort and Baron said Bii can rub off dirt in his hand, and Megan pull Baron's hand towards her and pretend to lick it!!!!! And Baron laughingly exclaimed, you have changed!!!! Aaaaaaaaah their playfulness have "rubbed off" (pun intended) on each other

It is my firm belief that you don't become something because others influence you, if you don't have the potential for it. They just bring out what's there already.

So basically, he just brings out her full personality XD

As for people who are afraid of megan getting hurt because she seems to be falling for his "playboy ways", they're completely ignoring all the kindness and care he showers her with. If she's falling, I think it's everything but the "playboy ways". BTW I loved, LOVED how he reacted to the comments about her weight and chest size. I don't know if he's like that with everyone (bonus points if he is), but that (and many other things) is some real EQ at work, and I seriously love it.

@dawnx lol that video was awesome! thank you for posting all the goodies :)

@kiraning <3 your essays are WONDERFUL! You always make me love them even more, both together and as individual people.

btw has anyone managed to find the pics from the latest spop issue? Someone uploaded the pic from the december issue soon after it came out, but as far as I know, nobody has scanned and uploaded the new ones?

I managed to find the pic that kiraning posted before, but I so want a larger version since I LOVE this pic ;_;

gk8dHTv.jpg

and another of my fav pics, because of his expression <3

aW1EQnk.jpg

• Like 15

@Maria Cortez "Baby, are you alright"

@Tyrea He hasn't done any bad thing, he just dated around that's all (sorry, i don't have the dating list) and why not when you're young and handsome, that's part of life experience.

@dawnx hey girl, i saw a Bii fan (Ruby?) shared your video and she noted the video was a bit oppressive... which one was it? I'm going to stay away from it haha

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, littlesame said:

@Maria Cortez "Baby, are you alright" OH...IS THAT WHAT IT MEANS...THANK YOU SO MUCH @littlesame...YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER...CANT BREATHE SEEING THIS LOVEY DOVEY COUPLE...

@Tyrea He hasn't done any bad thing, he just dated around that's all (sorry, i don't have the dating list) and why not when you're young and handsome, that's part of life experience.

@dawnx hey girl, i saw a Bii fan (Ruby?) shared your video and she noted the video was a bit oppressive... which one was it? I'm going to stay away from it haha

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, littlesame said:

@Maria Cortez "Baby, are you alright"

ahh, I thought it was more, like stories about cheating like roy qiu and similar. Thanks for clarifying. Btw there's another thing I'm curious about, is it true that he used to be reclusive? 

I don't remember seeing an oppressive video by dawnx? This last one here is a bit...well baron in his "disgusting" glory :lol:

• Like 4

How sweet to have a shoulder to rest on after a long day of filming, sure warms my heart in this 55F afternoon~ 

How come I think he's being a dork posing like a statue? Haha trying to redirect the Obvious focal point?

• Like 11

As some of you may know, today (Asia time zone) is The big day for Johnny Yang and Beatrice Fang, the wedding.

It's been confirmed Bromance cast will attend their wedding and Wow News will be broadcasting the ceremony LIVE, it starts at 5:30PM (PST 1:30AM)

Ok, I'm ready to look like a panda, a cute panda just for River and Megan, fingers crossed they will show up as a pair :heart:

FYI, the LIVE streaming will first broadcast Melvin Sia and Joanne Tzeng Fossil Watch event at 1PM. I sincerely pray our glorious CP goddess will bless our River and Megan the same opportunity to be pair up in a year long Watson's or similar collaboration, just like ChiaoJen, so we can see them work together every 1-2 months and lots of lovely commercials and mag covers, oh yeah baby \m/

• Like 8

15 hours ago, kiraning said:

Some HQ fan taken pics. Credits as per the watermark. Hats off for quality and a good eye!

f253ffc279310a551d661ae9b04543a9832610d7

River's so hot! CANILIVE???

Damn HOT... Cant get over him.. Falling in Love... :heart::blush:

• Like 5

I'm rewatching Men's Talk Ep 13...so they were rehearsing the lines and this part they have to say them together...their timing was perfect compared to Guangchao & Zhihan but the 3rd time, Dupi's timing was a little off and once they got it right, Baron swoop in for a face hug???!!! A reward peck????!!!!

It definitely wasn't part of the script and he need not grab Megan's face with both hands to look like he was about to kiss her.... Why Baron why do you have such physical touches for Megan....sigh...there are always questions in my delulu mind...

*i have a picture but can't seem to post it...it's around 8.04 that this happened.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, jbying7 said:

I'm rewatching Men's Talk Ep 13...so they were rehearsing the lines and this part they have to say them together...their timing was perfect compared to Guangchao & Zhihan but the 3rd time, Dupi's timing was a little off and once they got it right, Baron swoop in for a face hug???!!! A reward peck????!!!!

Yea it was probably a reward peck. You know, TO REWARD HIMSELF. LOLOLOLOLOL!

I'm watching the live streaming of the wedding now. LOL-ing so hard because every other comment says "ChuYan". Gosh it isn't their wedding but so many people are watching just to see them. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, kiraning said:

Yea it was probably a reward peck. You know, TO REWARD HIMSELF. LOLOLOLOLOL!

I'm watching the live streaming of the wedding now. LOL-ing so hard because every other comment says "ChuYan". Gosh it isn't their wedding but so many people are watching just to see them. 

oh i was wondering who chu yan was OMG hahaha thought the translator was wrong YAY

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, littlesame said:

River and Megan are here!!!!

ha?.. cant watch.. :bawling:

• Like 3