Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Oh, so this is where JB got the idea to become a chef! His date with Mi Ok!

I always wondered why he didn't pursue it sooner when it was clear he enjoyed stuff like that [he's the one who cooks for the family when their mom goes on a trip].

I guess I should have paid more attention to these scenes before. =X

15 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Have you eaten fried tofu???!!!  Korean meals look too complicated to prepare. I don't know how Korean moms do it day in and day out. I'm more the pot roast, lasagna, casserole, just throw-everything-in-a-pot-and-simmer mom. 

I'll miss those two actors who played the mom and dad of DS. I hope they get "reincarnated" as the lead parents again in the next R series. 

I have. We asian love to fried everything, lol. Not only korean mom did complicated meals. My mom resembles R88 moms in cooking. Although the recipe needs abcdefgxx ingredients, she always cooks it happily.

What year will be the next R series? 

• Like 1

Just now, packmule3 said:

what's the 2d1n word that the whole gang use for "loyalty" again? I heard the young boy (I forgot his name Joongyun? is coming back. 

Remember this member forever if I'm not wrong

Yeah JJY will be back 

Yeah I like JH a lot when TK come to talk about DS and the wallet but he immediately just say go ahead and date her no need for long dramatic talk he just gave green light right away and back to being good friend without being tied to the past 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

I like the gate scene, too. And the shot from above. I feel like God laughing at these mere mortals and their coming-and-goings. 

I think it also showed how they've grown up. Before they were all gathered at TK's house, and they came out running back to their own homes. Now, they're just going straight back to their homes. And even TK hesitated. 

But I bet if he entered DS' house, the brother would have wondered what he was doing there when DS hadn't arrived yet. 

i always like the gate scenes too when they shown from their childhood to teenage year to their adult self

aww i miss when they make TK room as their daily main headquarters and spend their free time there more than their own houses lol

it so nostalgic when the last scene show they are there again and being kid again running out from TK house back to their house

hahaha NE such sharp guy but poor guy opinion mostly ignored by everyone lol

• Like 7

The scene where TK DS ate together with baduk club crew and DS friends, TK seemed uninterested into the menu. He even barely ate the soup. Was it because of he can't spend time just with DS or he just dont have the appetite when in baduk match?

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, dahae2006 said:

since i saw " Taek and Deoksun" thread hot topic so i came here to read lovely comments / analysis. 

Why hello there @dahae2006!  You know we're always up to no good here in this thread. Please just post your thoughts. We all like commenting on this and that. 

I feel for DR's mom. sniff sniff. I know that feeling when you're the awkward elephant in the room. All the three other moms had the ball rolling with their jokes about oppas, that we didn't even know she was there among them, until it was time for her to go. She didn't contribute to the conversation before then, so the camera didn't show her face. (Nice, director!) 

And so that's why the dad of DR kept on dropping by to ask for kitchen stuff!  Because his wife abandoned him. He was a proud man, too, and didn't want to reveal that his wife went away. AWOL.  During that time, this would have been a scandal back then. But I do understand how that mom felt. She must have felt trapped with those grandkids of hers. But I'm glad that the show didn't dwell on this because they wouldn't have done it justice -- given that this is the penultimate episode. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, romanov said:

Was it because of he can't spend time just with DS or he just dont have the appetite when in baduk match?

I think mostly he just doesn't have an appetite when he's at his matches. Or just gets distracted/is too tired to eat. 

When DS went with him to China before [ep 9] his coach told her that he doesn't usually eat when he has matches. That's why she brought porridge with her in this ep for him to eat. I'm pretty sure he was just making an exception this time to have a dinner date with her. 

HAHAHA! Poor TK! He gets pinched just for wanting to be with DS at her father's retirement ceremony. I have to rewind that scene, it's too funny. 

Edit: TK's dropping hints about marriage here already! DS tells him that only family is supposed to go to the retirement ceremony and TK keeps angling for an invite. :wub::wub::wub:

31 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Same here. But @hyuki4ever said there weren't more scenes of their lovelife in the DVDs. I guess the director/writer wanted it be something like, "And they lived happily ever after" type of story and leave it up to the viewers to speculate. 

Like, we know they went to Paris because of TK's coffee mug, right? And we know that they did pretty well financially. And they lived in a house with a sunny kitchen. That's important for me. I like homes with sunny kitchens. And windows where you can see the outside world from. -- Not like his old room, where his room was kinda below street level and he couldn't see the outside very well.  

Or maybe the director/writer want to keep the focus on family story, not husband-guessing game.

Yes I'm happy that suntaek have a good life then. And TK is not a stingy person:glasses:

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, phikyl said:

HAHAHA! Poor TK! He gets pinched just for wanting to be with DS at her father's retirement ceremony. I have to rewind that scene, it's too funny. 

Edit: TK's dropping hints about marriage here already! DS tells him that only family is supposed to go to the retirement ceremony and TK keeps angling for an invite. :wub::wub::wub:

TK already think of himself as part of the family members lol

DS just don't want TK the superstar to steal her dad thunder since her dad supposed to be the biggest star of the day 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, romanov said:

Or maybe the director/writer want to keep the focus on family story, not husband-guessing game.

Yes I'm happy that suntaek have a good life then. And TK is not a stingy person:glasses:

Very important to us females. WE don't want stingy guys. It's a good thing TK earns a lot, though. The way he lets his friends take advantage of him can easily become a major source of friction in their marriage.  Just like with DS' parents! 

I like the way that DS brings him food in China, all the way from Korea, whereas before, she'd be grumbling whenever her mom or SW's mom asked her to bring food over to TK. She thought he was being spoiled but now, she's doing it without being told, just because she likes him.

• Like 6

DR is pretty perceptive too. Maybe not on the relationship front with Sun Woo/Bo Ra but he immediately called JH when he learned that a wedding party had cancelled their reservation.

I suppose it's possible that JH talked to him about using the restaurant before but there were no openings

Edit: @packmule3 your comment about DR's mom possibly leaving and that's why DR's dad would come over to borrow things makes DR and his brother's greeting in this party scene make a lot more sense. 

Hey, there @thesunset! Are you here?  Just join us and post your comments on Episode 19. We're doing one of our famous rewatches. lol. 

@salz @romanov Isn't this ONE of the most awkward questions from a friend: Why aren't you dating him?  

How do you answer that question?!! 

Option 1: Grin and say "I wish I knew why."

Option 2: "Awww, we're just friends."

Option 3: Cry. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, packmule3 said:

Hey, there @thesunset! Are you here?  Just join us and post your comments on Episode 19. We're doing one of our famous rewatches. lol. 

@salz @romanov Isn't this the ONE of the most awkward questions from a friend: Why aren't you dating him?  

How do you answer that question?!! 

Option 1: Grin and say "I wish I knew why."

Option 2: "Awww, we're just friends."

Option 3: Cry. 

I would go for option 1 lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phikyl said:

DR is pretty perceptive too. Maybe not on the relationship front with Sun Woo/Bo Ra but he immediately called JH when he learned that a wedding party had cancelled their reservation.

I suppose it's possible that JH talked to him about using the restaurant before but there were no openings

Edit: @packmule3 your comment about DR's mom possibly leaving and that's why DR's dad would come over to borrow things makes DR and his brother's greeting in this party scene make a lot more sense. 

Ah! I'm watching this scene when the elevator opened and they smiled at each other. What's up with touching hair as a greeting? If I grew up watching Korean dramas I would think that this "touching of hair" is their version of a French kiss. -- I mean not that torrid french kiss, but the "air kiss" French kiss. It's in all the kdramas. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

aaaaayyyyy. That's a cop-out! What if they repeat it LOUDER this time then? So what will you do?  

Maybe but at least it buys you a few seconds' time to figure out how to answer right? Because you know they'll probably ask a second time, you'd be expecting it and wouldn't be hearing it out of the blue like DS. 

In reality, Option 2 would be my style. But then again, I'm a very private person when it comes to my relationships too. That's something for me and me alone, especially if it's in the beginning stages. So no matter what the answer would be, I'd probably play it off as being no big deal.