Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

^^ Gobbled up all the words in a split second. :D 

12 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

And yes, I do remember the offensive insinuations by the JH/DS shippers that TY was effeminate and not manly enough to be considered a proper rival. Ha!

Hahah, here too bong soon has a wrong assumption of MH, but like Deok Sun she has no idea that she doesn't understand her own heart.

Hmm, compared to the effeminate TY, Min Hyuk here lets people abuse him, so they call him gay openly, and he contributes to the title by  flirting with bong soon's precious :tongue:. The writer has surely come up with some hilarious buildup between these two, but I am not much comfortable with the serial killer arc, the guy creeps me out! 

Btw looking at your explanation, like always makes me want to go back take a look again on these scenarios. But like you say, a drama should be appreciated for where it has done a good job.

21 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Hmmm... Maybe I should post something in that other  thread and tag you ladies. :wink:

Please do! We will be waiting. :)

• Like 2

@nearsea @packmule3 I think recent batch of male lead resembles SJK in Dots more than Taek.  They are nice yet they seem too think they know what is best for heroine. And I'm not liking all these seemingly strong heroines it's all meaningless to me when they act impulsive and don't cherish their strengths. In the end they need a hero who can decide things for them after all. That being said I haven't finished most of recent shows so I might be wrong hehe :D 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

@nearsea @packmule3 I think recent batch of male lead resembles SJK in Dots nore than Taek.  They are nice yet they seem too think they know what is best for heroine. And I'm not liking all these seemingly strong heroines it's all meaningless to me when they act impulsive and don't cherish their strengths. In the end they need a hero who can decide things for them after all. That being said I haven't finished most of recent shows so I might be wrong hehe :D 

Same here, @onlysb1! I don't understand many of these modern day heroines in kdramas. They appear unique, strong and most importantly, SANE! in the first few episodes then they get afflicted by the love disease. Their brains turn to mush at the same time that they discover their hearts go dugeun-dugeun for the heroes. Ugh. 

With DS, I liked seeing how the grown-up DS didn't lose her individuality even after years of being married to a "national treasure". Like, when she naturally took the tin can of cookies from the adult Taec, opened and returned it to him -- without pausing in her interview -- because Taec was having problems prying it open as usual. 

DS didn't need Taec making decisions for her because lol SHE was the more practical and the wiser one of the two. 

I haven't watched DOTS (Descendants, right?) yet. I don't know... SJK is said to be handsome but I think I prefer actors with less doll-like features. (I'm shallow, I know.) 

• Like 3

@packmule3 Yup, once strong girl becomes dependent when she meets dependable nice guy it's just looks like another gimmick to me and doesn't do any favor to heroines. But well anything is better than bad boys and clueless girls I guess. Maybe I'm biased but I  like sensible girls more like Deok Sun, Bok Shil (Shopping King L.)  if they must be prickly then I Hear Your Voice and It's Okay That's Love heroines  better than Nice Guy now that I think about it she was same as recent ones too :D 

I gotta share this btw ^^

That aside I'm enjoying acting and chemistry all the same my complaint is for writers only ^^

Talking about chemistry I was surprised to see SunTaek up there you know I thought bickering=chemistry, jealousy angst separation= epic love story. SunTaek conveyed very simple and relatable love story, even when they don't do anything special I always smile watching their scenes. Also I applaud Shin PD for not using bts chemistry to promote drama, the difference is like previews and episode I mean what we see on released bts one thing but real bts is on another level he is just so sneaky :D 

• Like 4

random lurking here. 

hi ladies, long time no see @packmule3 @phikyl

i enjoy do bong soon too, it's so silly and very funny, i always laugh so hard when watching it:D 

for me it's quite 'light' drama.

and about the genre, rom-com + mistery? i haven't see the clear connection between this cute avenger and the bad guy theme, i just don't get it :blink:anyway the kidnapper is creepy. 7 brides? heol. and what has he done to those ladies? :crazy:

• Like 3

hello hello @romanov!. 

I've been lurking around lately but not doing much posting in the drama threads. [Plus I feel bad that I had to abandon the R88 re-watch in the middle because of my work schedule =X]

Omg @onlysb1, seeing that vid you posted makes me want to watch R88 so much! Somebody loan me a cloning device or maybe a time machine so I can get some free time back. I miss my SunTaek!

./hands everyone Taekie's pink sweater

@phikyl Yeah, I didn't notice last year but it's really long drama isn't it? I watch fmvs everytime I'm reminded of SunTaek the feels just keeps coming back :D

@romanov Hi, right I shouldn't overanalyze Strong Woman it's fun light show overall. My favorite thing is chemistry between leads and gangsters theme song is so on point :D Imo creepy guy is a pointless plot device it reminds me of King2Hearts I just skip those scenes and don't care about his motivations if there is any. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

it's been a long time since i've been here!!

i'm currently watching strong woman do bong soon and i'm loving it. park hyung sik is so handsome and his chemistry with park bo young is amazing. i do quite agree it's a light drama; however, it never fails to make me laugh and brighten up my day :D 

this scene from the drama reminds me of the beach scene...

• Like 6

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/17/recent-poll-reveals-park-bo-young-park-hyung-sik-onscreen-couple-chemistry/ 

let's skip to the most important part.....

Recent Survey Reveals Park Bo Young And Park Hyung Sik As Onscreen Couple With Most Chemistry

Second place went to Park Bo Gum and Girl’s Day’s Hyeri for their adorable chemistry in the tvN drama “Reply 1988.” They notably received the most votes (seven in total) from broadcast sources and three votes from those in the general public.

Girl's Day Hyeri Park Bo Gum

more than a year later, their chemistry is still unforgettable and even people from broadcast sources (aka professionals from the industry) know it. :D 

• Like 5

On 3/23/2017 at 1:55 AM, romanov said:

random lurking here. 

hi ladies, long time no see @packmule3 @phikyl

i enjoy do bong soon too, it's so silly and very funny, i always laugh so hard when watching it:D 

for me it's quite 'light' drama.

and about the genre, rom-com + mistery? i haven't see the clear connection between this cute avenger and the bad guy theme, i just don't get it :blink:anyway the kidnapper is creepy. 7 brides? heol. and what has he done to those ladies? :crazy:

Yes, Do Bong Soon is light and fluffy, and I like it too that way. I don't have to think.  

But I don't like the scenes when the women are abducted on the streets, and tortured in the dungeon.  So far, we haven't been given any insight into the character, derangement, and psychosis of the bad guy, and it's already the 13th episode.  As in, we don't get his motive: WHY does he do what he's done??  

Thus, I'm assuming that the scriptwriter didn't mean this krom-com to be analyzed. What we see is what we get.  There are really no dots to be connected. 

With R88, I was glad we didn't have to deal much with unsavory characters like a sexual predator or a kidnapper -- except for that scene with the trenchcoat flasher, of course.  I liked how DS turned the tables on the flasher and shouted in disgust that the flasher had a small p-nis.  I also liked how she only allowed Taec to see her vulnerable side; she didn't want DR and JH to see her cry.  And that incident became one of the many "shared secrets" she had with Taec. When Taec followed her to the restroom later, on the pretext of needing to smoke, he was already showing early signs that he could watch over DS without being overbearing and bossy.   And that was important to me: Taec wasn't chauvinistic. 

In this Strong Woman rom-com, the male lead did resemble Taec in the way he watched over BongSoon while she fought her own battles. However, ever since he took the knife in the gut for her, he'd been more protective -- or cautious and defensive. So, I'm not sure how BS will react to this later on. I don't think she'll want to be safeguarded like a precious china doll and restricted from doing what she has to do. So, let's see....

On 3/31/2017 at 0:37 PM, heyyyyitsg said:

it's been a long time since i've been here!!

i'm currently watching strong woman do bong soon and i'm loving it. park hyung sik is so handsome and his chemistry with park bo young is amazing. i do quite agree it's a light drama; however, it never fails to make me laugh and brighten up my day :D 

this scene from the drama reminds me of the beach scene...

Yes, the beach scene!  The beach scenes were special, right?

The other scenes in Strong Woman that reminded me of Reply 1988 were --

1. When Bong Soon rejected the second male lead and told her girlfriend that the timing was all wrong. Sorry (not sorry), but I LOL'ed. It reminded me of JH's mad dash to get to DS at the concert hall. 

Image result for reply 1988 timing wrong

2. When the male lead Min-Hyuk, in Ep 8, said that friendship can change into another level of relationship with just one step taken by one person to get closer to other.  It reminded me again of JH when he didn't want to "cross the line" in Episode 9.  Remember? He didn't want to share the jacket and they bickered. So when their photos were taken later, DS was giving him the cold shoulder and he had to grab her towards him awkwardly.

Then, later on, we found out that, during the Chinese baduk competition, DS has packed Taec's pink sweater and she wore it without getting his permission. She had crossed the line.  She took the initial step to get closer to that one person she had secretly liked all along. And they both were smiling at the camera. 

Related image

hyeri-park-bo-gum-feature.jpg

3. That one step closer + the crazy awareness that something's going on = confusion.

In Strong Woman Ep 8, BS realized that MH was talking seriously when he stared at her intently and took a step forward. In a voiceover, she said something like THIS PERSON (meaning MH) took one step closer to her, deliberately, while in all the time that she'd been friends with Gook-Do, GD had not once approached her in such fashion. This realization that something was changing in their relationship reminded me of that time when Taec stepped up to DS. DS was blabbering about how tired he must have been after his matches, and he just crazily smiled at her, then rested his head on her shoulder. LOL.  

Image result for reply 1988 step closer

4. Of course, the beach scene, as you mentioned @heyyyyitsg.  That was a cute scene in Strong Woman when MH drew half-a-heart on the sand, and let her do the rest.  It reminded me of the scene when Taec blocked the errant volleyball and, in the last episode, we saw that DS had looked up at him with puppy eyes. However, to cover up her embarrassment, she teased him, "Oooh. you're a man."  To which, Taec responded in a matter-of-fact tone, "Of course, I'm a man. I'm not a woman."  

Related image

It sucks though that we didn't get a kiss in Reply 1988 during the beach scene, like in Strong Woman...  It would have been game over for the other husband team. :D 

• Like 7

I re-watched crossing the line episode after I have watched that beach scene,  it's like perfect place for unofficial date in k dramaland for me :D 

@packmule3. What do you think about this?

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/01/13-awesome-female-characters-learn/

Apart from fluff and fun, I'm curious about BS's character development since to me she is not awesome as of now  , it would be nice if she totally loses her powers but becomes more heroic. 

Sigh...like I said before nice guys hardly lets the girl do her own thing. That's why I never get second lead syndrome. Even Prince Bo Gum made the same mistake  TT But he redeemed himself in the end ^^ 

As for second lead in SWDBS wasn't he just there to prolong drama and let otp grow close more naturally? I think it would be disservice to Junghwan if we compare them ^^ 

• Like 2

Hi there, @onlysb1!

there isn't a lot of kdramas where I preferred the second male lead but one of them was the prince/cousin in Goong. The hero/crown prince was a tsundere, a real jerkass, and his cousin was more sympathetic. I wanted HIM to end up with the heroine as a comeuppance. 

I only glanced through the list in that soompi article; didn't have much in common with that feature writer.

Nope to She was Pretty heroine. (Ehgads, no! Shudders.) I thought SHE was such a doormat that I wanted to step on her and wipe of the mud on my shoes. After all, she accepted all the cr-P from her jerkass boss. 

I also liked the heroine in the first Reply, till DS came along, and then, Hyeri replaced Eunji. :) I liked the heroine in the 2nd Reply least of all. Such a foul-mouthed, spoiled brat. 

I agree with you on Bong Soon. I was dissatisfied with her growth and development in these last episodes. Moreover, therewas something about how she got her job at Ainsoft that I disapprove of. (You know what I mean...) I'm only giving her -- and MH -- a pass because this is supposed to be a light and fluffy romcom. But in real life, such overt display of favoritism can cross the line into discrimination, harassment, and other illegal management practice. I wouldn't tolerate it in my office....

As for losing her powers, hahaha, I'm rooting for the bad guy in this one. I want him to devise a dastard plot wherein BS will be forced to face a dilemma and choose to use her superpower or lose it entirely. Up until now, she's always had the upper-hand in any fight. 

This story is a no-brainer so I don't expect many plot twists. Unlike R88. If it weren't for the cutesy moments, I doubt I'd stick around. I often want something meatier in my dramas, but I was traveling the last few weeks, and I needed a diversion, something relaxing and funny, when I got back to my hotel room.

• Like 2

@packmule3 Oh, I've watched Goong when I was 14 and the cousin was my favorite character too but I wanted him to be king I wasn't into love lines back then I guess lol. In modern dramas love lines are too clean cut so even if I don't like male lead I still don't bother with second leads. It wasn't the case in old J-dramas though I wouldn't know till last minute. Sometimes I like second female leads more  but everyone is less concerned  with  them TT SWP, Doctor Stranger and Oh Hye Yeong Again, second lead in MDBC was also such a nice girl... you should have watched  MDBC instead when you were in a mood for fluff   :D 

About article yeah I would pick Deok Seon over BoRa and Shin Woo anytime. But really liked the actress who played Bo Ra. Have you seen Reply 94 or read recaps? 

I think Ha Ji Won  King to Heart was true badass heroine. MH and BS a lot like Master's Sun OTP in that sense but MH care less about his job ^^ 

Edited by onlysb1
  • Like 1

Hyeri-park-bo-gum-go-kyung-pyo-ryu-joon-With PD Shin in the middle, seems like he seperated the group into 2 teams; 80's born & 90's born

And bad GKP :angry: why did he came in between HR & BG? Too bad Bora unnie wasn't with them..Guess she has moves on from Ssamundong gang

• Like 1

love the mini reunion I'm glad Hyeri posted this pic because no one from the group seems to posted something similar... Maybe Bora unnie is filming something she seems to very clingy to Hyeri from the video last January posted by someone. I still can't move on with this set of friends what caught my attention was that the both ends are Jung hwan and Taek but hyeri is closer to Bo Gum closer to take with only one person in between :wub:

• Like 2

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 2:50 PM, dj_blue said:

love the mini reunion I'm glad Hyeri posted this pic because no one from the group seems to posted something similar... Maybe Bora unnie is filming something she seems to very clingy to Hyeri from the video last January posted by someone. I still can't move on with this set of friends what caught my attention was that the both ends are Jung hwan and Taek but hyeri is closer to Bo Gum closer to take with only one person in between :wub:

They also wear similar colour/colour coordination. When we  want to move on, somebody will post something like this,so how could we...especially when PBG clearly said, when he's seeing someone he would wear something coordinated with that someone :D 

• Like 2