Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

2 hours ago, phikyl said:

I think it's a case of the actual scene being different from the preview as a hint to viewers that it's important. They do this with the dream kiss too. 

In another show, the previews could be completely different from what actually happened in the show [main lead runs up the stairs in the actual ep instead of down like in the preview, etc]. For viewers who were paying attention it's hints to decipher about the undercurrents of a scene. In the case of this preview I think it was a hint to viewers that the important part wasn't about SW vs JH or DR vs TK. The real question was JH vs TK and DS answered accordingly. 

It's sure thing Deok Sun would answer just same to Taek or JH but not ”Taek!” *grin it would be ”Taek...”  *awkward simile ^^

When she choose between DR and Taek , she wasn't aware of the fact that her answer to this gave away more than SW-JH question.

She gets along very well with DR, she doesn't feel self conscious , so if she supposed to pick the one she is most comfortable with, it should have been DR but of course with Taek she is happiest and that's the whole point. So I think question was just right ^^ It neatly highlighted OTP bond given Taek also answered just same in this episode ^^  

• Like 7

SW Vs JH question is very obvious in itself.... 

infact had they asked TK Vs JH... even then the impact would not have been that strong of her choice... because even then there would be loophololes about her choice..

Had she answered JH then ofcourse JH would have been her one true love, had she not chosen that would have been the most obvious answer, had she chosen TK..it would have been a grey area.. because s  viewer I am still conflicted bout place of TK in her life..although by that time hints had started to pour in..

Why it had to be SW Vs JH

Because SW is not her best friend, he is not even her crush now...and JH is/was... the answer did not come out straight out when DR asked her.. and that is immensely powerful answer ... between someone who is at par as others and someone she supposedly likes..she had to go mum... it wsn't a conflict between two people she absolutely adores.. it was a conflict between two friends...

And nothing can be a more powerful answer than that....that the doubts had started to creep in..although I am not saying that she was hook line sinker with CT either.. no..but it was more of realization of that JH was not that impt.. SW was never that imp

@kerfuffle_95 Guessing he realized that CT is too busy to really follow through that.. and BR..well..he is safe only because he is older than her..

Gosh! I love how everyone is so scared of her...parents, kids, bf, friend...

• Like 3

On April 14, 2016 at 4:12 AM, hushhh said:

6 hours ago, onlysb1 said:

Because they have more important things to do,  he didn't want to bother them with writing letters ^^ Remember JB sent post cards introducing Taek and Bora as neighborhood treasures in order to win gift from radio broadcast :D 

Also

BR would beat the crap out of him

. .  .   and Taek would forget anyway

• Like 9

On 4/16/2016 at 6:31 PM, Grace1003 said:

@cooleet: I will not be able to do the rewatch of Episode 13 with you at the time set so I advanced my rewatching and I hope you don't mind if I also advance my posts:

Post #1  on Episode (Will edit it tomorrow to include gifs...I cannot do it now)

In the opening scene, it is interesting to note DS’s body language toward JH particularly during her “faked sprain accident”. When they were seated, one observes a lack of self-consciousness, coyness, and awkwardness on the part of DS which is quite unexpected  for a girl who is seated closely with the boy she likes.

I would also like to relate this scene to the real accident that happens to DS in Episode 17, where we could feel the tension and awkwardness between DS and Taek in the soccer field (Note that this was after Taek backed out from their movie date) especially when Taek offered to piggyback her, which ended up becoming a bridal run thanks to the school (?) guard who threatened to apprehend them for trespassing. During the bridal run, we observe a self-conscious, shy, and awkward DS who discovers the manly side of Taek, protecting and saving her---and also himself---from getting caught. And we know fully well, this close encounter with Taek made our sleepy-headed DS lose sleep that night.

This is a belated gif  to support my earlier post about DS's body language toward JH. If you observe closely, DS does not at all look like a person in love in close encounter with JH.

JH-DS%20Ep.%2013_zpsiyrrvyap.gif

• Like 3

Hello, shippers!

The moderators of Shippers' Paradise ask that the finalists cast their vote between the following two options here regarding the final voting process due to unforeseen delay.

Round 4's voting will proceed with the more popular of the two options. 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, ebullient said:

Hello, shippers!

The moderators of Shippers' Paradise ask that the finalists cast their vote between the following two options here regarding the final voting process due to unforeseen delay.

Round 4's voting will proceed with the more popular of the two options. 

Thanks!

I hope voting stays as as it usually is and the deadline is extended accordingly, especially since it not sure when the voting article will be up, and how many days or hours of voting will be lost. Losing Sunday, a day when many folks have more autonomy over their time is not a good thing.:crazy:

Not getting the anti-extension sentiments.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sara2908 said:

waiting for the voting link to be up

Missing Taek and Deoksun... so adorable together:wub::heart:

Spoiler

xT1XGxJy07WKxTixGg.gif

natural chemistry

xT1XGCw7aIcOSyD7lC.gif

l0DEJ8jHPTzD18z5e.gif

Those are gorgeous!!

are they going extend the time to vote?

I can't decide which one is most adorable.  Okay so I love them all but I think if had to try to tell the story of their chemistry I would use 1 or 3.

• Like 2

answer13-01341.jpg

when oma  asks DS for the vase so she can put kimchi in it, but then suddenly No-eul screams at them to stop and then He shoves the paper in Deok-sun’s face, and there’s Taek pictured with his winning trophy—that vase. that was so hillarious.. 

tumblr_nzpf1wcSYr1to1fhoo1_540.jpg

about the vase there an amazing post about it by @shooastrid you can read those here :

• Like 8

Hello Guys! 

REMINDER: Don't forget to vote for DramaFever Awards 2015. You can VOTE ALL YOU WANT! NO LIMIT. Voting will end mid-May.

BEST ENSEMBLE: ANSWER ME 1988 OT5

RISING STAR: PARK BO GUM OR HYERI

BEST KISS: (SUNTAEK) PARK BO GUM & HYERI

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: GO KYUNG PYO

BEST KOREAN DRAMA-COMEDY: ANSWER ME 1988

LINK: https://www.dramafever.com/DFA4/?utm_medium=homepage#/ 

@st4rdust created an EXPRESS VOTING LINK for your convenience http://reply1988.com/votedf/

THANK YOU! KAMSAHADA! :D

•  
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Yesin Lee said:

Hello Guys! 

REMINDER: Don't forget to vote for DramaFever Awards 2015. You can VOTE ALL YOU WANT! NO LIMIT. Voting will end mid-May.

BEST ENSEMBLE: ANSWER ME 1988 OT5

THey have kill me heal me as best Ensemble. 

Wasn't Ji Sung the entire ensemble? ha ha

• Like 6

GF from Dramabeans had actually predicted, with 100% precision, who the husband would be from the very. first. day.

COMMENT segment for Recap Episode 1 :

"I actually like the addition of older actors to play the leading characters in the present day, which this series actually warrants—setting the show timeline further back in the past means that our kids should be 45 years old in the present day, and it would be really jarring to have Hyeri or Park Bo-gum playing middle-aged characters."

See? She could have mentioned any other actors related to the older versions, but she somehow singled out Hyeri and Park Bogum. Hhehehehhe... :glasses:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/answer-me-1988-episode-1/

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, tiendoank said:

GF from Dramabeans had actually predicted, with 100% precision, who the husband would be from the very. first. day.

COMMENT segment for Recap Episode 1 :

"I actually like the addition of older actors to play the leading characters in the present day, which this series actually warrants—setting the show timeline further back in the past means that our kids should be 45 years old in the present day, and it would be really jarring to have Hyeri or Park Bo-gum playing middle-aged characters."

See? She could have mentioned any other characters related to the older versions, but she somehow singled out Hyeri and Park Bogum. Hhehehehhe... :glasses:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/11/answer-me-1988-episode-1/

Yeah, it's also funny going back and reading how they reported how Bogum was the male lead time and time again.  Then they let their character bias cloud their judgement.  Now they act like Reply never even happened.  lol

• Like 11

That is funny that they had picked out PBG and H first.  I always thought it was weird when people started saying RJY was the lead because I had read so many articles saying PBG was cast as the lead.  I know the first few episodes really lacked Taek in person, but as all of you mentioned he, through his room and friends, was there from the beginning.

Are we still waiting for voting on the videos?I always wonder why life is like this: something happens so everyone is rushing to get things done, and then the wait begins so you wonder why you needed to drink so much coffee and stay up.

• Like 5

Guy's I'm back. Sorry for not posting anything lately, Got caught up with work and other personal stuff. But still the weekend is nearing and I just want to ask if you guys are interested to have a rewatch on April 23, 10pm KST of episode 14?

Btw, the release of the links are getting longer than usual. I hope you guys are ready to vote for the last time.

• Like 3