Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I think Taek can enter Seoul National University if he wants to, based on how he is, he easily learns a lot in a short span of time, a real genius! so DS do your best! or study with Taek and be a Campus Couple! My heart can't take all the excitement and anticipation for the next 4 episodes! a first for me in all my years of K-drama addiction;)

team TaeK all the way!:heart:

Thank you chingus for such a happy thread! :)

• Like 16

@niniiinggg ikr, this drama has everything I WANT TO FEEL THAT I WON'T EVER GET IN REAL LIFE. This drama brought me to Bogum and now I'm stanning an actor, thats something new for me, because I mostly dont give a richard simmons about actors or anything that relate with boy groups. And I also changed my perspective toward Hyeri. She was just a rude girl in my eyes, but now I think I really want to have such friend like her. Everything about this drama is beautiful. Friendship, family, the triangle love, even the egg seller is beautiful too lol

• Like 12

Spoiler

General Symbolism

Many of the attributes of the koi symbolize several lessons and even trials individuals often encounter in life. The koi fish has a powerful and energetic life force, demonstrated by its ability to swim against currents and even travel upstream. Some of the characteristics associated with the koi include:

• Good fortune
  • Success
  • Prosperity
  • Longevity
  • Courage
  • Ambition
  • Perseverance

Yin Yang and the Koi Symbol

In feng shui, the koi is tied to the yin yang symbol. In fact, the black and white tear drops of the yin yang symbol are said to be representations of two koi, one male and one female. The eye of each teardrop is symbolic of the constant watchful eye of the koi. This pairing of fish is often seen outside the context of the yin yang symbol as well. For example, a pair of koi is often used as a good luck symbol for a happy marriage.

Harmony and Happiness

The koi is synonymous with harmony and happiness. The two yin and yang koi complete each other and create a perfect balance of the negative and positive energies of chi energy, which is the life-force of all things on earth.

cr http://feng-shui.lovetoknow.com/What_Do_Koi_Fish_Symbolize

We might be genius profilers only for Choi Taek's charcter  lol. Libra ,Yin and Yang , Baduk Philosophy,  Fish and  Water Symbolism,  given his layers in 16 episodes all of this is accurate I think ^^

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, Abim Syazili said:

@niniiinggg ikr, this drama has everything I WANT TO FEEL THAT I WON'T EVER GET IN REAL LIFE. This drama brought me to Bogum and now I'm stanning an actor, thats something new for me, because I mostly dont give a richard simmons about actors or anything that relate with boy groups. And I also changed my perspective toward Hyeri. She was just a rude girl in my eyes, but now I think I really want to have such friend like her. Everything about this drama is beautiful. Friendship, family, the triangle love, even the egg seller is beautiful too lol

surely, this drama is too complete IMO. I also started to fangirl bogum bcs of this drama :rolleyes: he's just too good to be true hahaha:wub: everything in the drama is very precious, cant be ignored. Gonna really miss this drama :tears:

• Like 10

Guys, just for fun let's VOTE FOR CHOI TAEK 1994'S NEW HAIRSTYLE B) (ps: none of the photos are mine, i took them from Instagram.) UP TO 50 PEOPLE CAN VOTE HEHEH! Winners get FREE- FLOW VIRTUAL CHINESE ALCOHOL AND VIRTUAL PIZZA HUTS COURTESY OF BADUK MASTER'S THICK WALLET. I'll close the poll before Friday/ as soon as I get 50 votes, then I'll share the results here with you all. ;) CLICK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO THE POLL. Let me know if the link doesn't work for you :) (Note: please give a few seconds for the images to load.. there are 12 options))

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR CHOI TAEK'S NEW MANE OF GLORY: WHAT WILL IT BE???

TAEKHAIR.jpg

and btw, i was browsing the hashtag #choitaek and look at what i came across... hahaha isn't she cute? 

Her caption roughly translates to: "in the year of 1988, with Choi Taek, winning the Fujitsu Cup." :D 

--- PS: THIS THREAD MOVES SO FAST WHILE I'M AWAY! Can't believe we're not even a month old! *GROUPHUG* And aaaa I really wanna join you guys but i don't have a LINE account and R1988 airs at 3 AM from where i am :( But I'll try to make one soon and join you all there once i know I can make it to the finale's live-streaming. 

• Like 20

I just can't understand why subs for Reply episodes take so much time T_T When I watch other dramas the subbed eps come out on the same day of the eps release (Pinoccio , Doctor stranger , school 2015 ,the Heirs...even reply 1994) ...we have to wait for 2 additional days IN Reply 88 case T_T 

• Like 8

FOr the hair style... Voted 50:50.. i like that hair haha

22 minutes ago, Betsi Soma said:

I just can't understand why subs for Reply episodes take so much time T_T When I watch other dramas the subbed eps come out on the same day of the eps release (Pinoccio , Doctor stranger , school 2015 ,the Heirs...even reply 1994) ...we have to wait for 2 additional days IN Reply 88 case T_T 

Isnt it because each episode is around 90 mins length... other dramas are like 60 mins? 

Furthermore, it might be to ensure the quality XD. I'll just download and fast forward before i get the subs... 2 more days to go...

Sleeping now... good night, chingus

• Like 5

1 hour ago, onlysb1 said:
  Hide contents

General Symbolism

Many of the attributes of the koi symbolize several lessons and even trials individuals often encounter in life. The koi fish has a powerful and energetic life force, demonstrated by its ability to swim against currents and even travel upstream. Some of the characteristics associated with the koi include:

• Good fortune
  • Success
  • Prosperity
  • Longevity
  • Courage
  • Ambition
  • Perseverance

Yin Yang and the Koi Symbol

In feng shui, the koi is tied to the yin yang symbol. In fact, the black and white tear drops of the yin yang symbol are said to be representations of two koi, one male and one female. The eye of each teardrop is symbolic of the constant watchful eye of the koi. This pairing of fish is often seen outside the context of the yin yang symbol as well. For example, a pair of koi is often used as a good luck symbol for a happy marriage.

Harmony and Happiness

The koi is synonymous with harmony and happiness. The two yin and yang koi complete each other and create a perfect balance of the negative and positive energies of chi energy, which is the life-force of all things on earth.

cr http://feng-shui.lovetoknow.com/What_Do_Koi_Fish_Symbolize

We might be genius profilers only for Choi Taek's charcter  lol. Libra ,Yin and Yang , Baduk Philosophy,  Fish and  Water Symbolism,  given his layers in 16 episodes all of this is accurate I think ^^

LOL I CAN SEE NOTHING BUT HAPPY MARRIAGE!

Anyway about the blur photo, it's too blur so my take is JH: 49.5%, TK: 49.5%, the remaining 1% is for someone else haha

It could be JH because although his jacket is on the bench, his sweater is black (green arrow) but he might take out his sweater before carrying DS. But I can't see his shoes so I'm not sure.

Untitled-2.png

Or it could be TK as he was wearing white shoes, so that feet part in the blur photo seems white/disconnected because the shoes are white. Yet, the lower part of the shoes is black and I'm not sure if it's because of lighting or something else. But the lower part of TK's shoes is obviously white. The guy in that blur photo wears a black thing which looks like TK's hoodie but the hair looks too distorted though. That head reminds me of JH's hair.

So, in the pic below:

Green arrow (sorry I'm color theory biased haha) : Similarity to TK

Blue arrow: similarity to JH

Red arrow: Parts which are different from each other

Untitled-1_2.png

but, this brings me to another point. Based on what he was wearing during the conversation with JH, when walking back and when lying down, I think there are a few possibilities:

- JH might see DS falling down and rushed to carry her. TK might see JH carrying DS and he walked back sadly and DS saw him (but her red coat is not seen so may be between this scene at night and the soccer match, there's a hidden gap)

- Or Assuming DS looked at TK walking back after the soccer match, and the lying scene is after that. Then, TK might carry DS but he changes his shirt to grey before lying down. I think his hoodie is still on when he's lying though.

- Or the scenes are actually not connected. So TK might walk back from a baduk match wearing the same hoodie. DS is still wearing that pink coat/hoodie and the lying scene might be after this.

- Or nothing is continuous LOL =))

But anyway, I think the scenes will be shown in ep 17 so sooner or later we can see the HD version of it hahaha

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

@Phuong Tam Nguyen hmmm... But the color of the inner(of tk lying down?) shirt looks grey to me compared to the white one. 

Yeah that's why I put a red arrow there, because of the color difference. So I doubt if the scenes are actually continuous :) or if sth happens in between ^^

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hafunohane said:

Guys, just for fun let's VOTE FOR CHOI TAEK 1994'S NEW HAIRSTYLE B) (ps: none of the photos are mine, i took them from Instagram.) UP TO 50 PEOPLE CAN VOTE HEHEH! Winners get FREE- FLOW VIRTUAL CHINESE ALCOHOL AND VIRTUAL PIZZA HUTS COURTESY OF BADUK MASTER'S THICK WALLET. I'll close the poll before Friday/ as soon as I get 50 votes, then I'll share the results here with you all. ;) CLICK BELOW TO BE DIRECTED TO THE POLL. Let me know if the link doesn't work for you :) (Note: please give a few seconds for the images to load.. there are 12 options))

CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR CHOI TAEK'S NEW MANE OF GLORY: WHAT WILL IT BE???

Before you cast your vote,  I would like you to consider voting for "The Bowl Haircut" as The Bowl Haircut Appreciation Society is currently  doing some major multidisciplinary researches.

• Literary: Choi Taek 6 Dan's Bowl Haircut and its Significance as Plot Device and Symbolism
  • Physics: The Effect of Bowl Haircut Aerodynamics in Choi Taek 6 Dan's Action and Reaction Forces
  • Statistics: Bowl Haircut Increases the Probability of  Winning A Baduk Match by 16%
  • Medicine:
    • The medicinal properties of Bowl Haircut In Keeping The Body Warm and Head Cool  (Case Study: Choi Taek 6 Dan)
    • Bowl Haircut Reduces Dandruff And Dementia Risks
  • Psychology: Bowl Haircut Makes You Look Harmless (Case Study: Choi Taek 6 Dan's Development from Pseudo-Second Lead to Definitive yet Unexpected Hero)
  • History: The Influence of Bowl Haircut Style in The Rise and Fall of A Baduk Master Career
  • Forensic Science: The Use of Bowl Haircut Pixel-by-Pixel Shadow Analysis in Photo Identification    
  • Acoustics: Bowl Haircut Influence in The Variance of Goats Bleat

Yes. Please. Vote for "The Bowl"!

• Like 20