Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@Wendy Wangi see your point but I have a different scenario on how I want the everything to play out.

I don't want TK to confess yet. I want him to first find out about JH's feelings. I want to see his next move.

I kept playing this scenario in my head that DS will follow taek to his next game. After giving her whatever gift it is(don't want it to be a kiss yet lol..I want the tension to build up),he then looks into her eyes(he should be able to look into her eyes in a way that she would get lost in his too).

I want DS's feelings to waver an for once,I want her to feel without her friends pointing out who likes her.

• Like 12

I went on twitter and search using keyword teamtaek. Lol everybody in this ship already knows what will happen in the end. The reaction is funny. We are more relax, full of humor and most of the time bittersweet. Im glad chose teamtaek. 

Just friendly reminded girls, dont quote image or video. Im afraid mods will banned our trhead. 

Good morning Teamtaek!

• Like 9

I just realized...if Sun Woo's mom and Taek's dad get married, and if Deok Sun ends up with Junghwan, they're just all going to become one big family, excluding Dong Ryong's family, which just makes no sense.

If Bora and Sunwoo end up together, and they probably will, Deok Sun will technically become Taek's sister in-law, so the Sung family, Choi family and Sun woo's family are going to become one big extended family. Next if Deok Sun does marry Junghwan, the Kim family will become a part of that big family, making them ALL related. .-. This literally makes no sense to me, what about Dong Ryong?!! If they were going to make the entire ssangmundong neighbourhood one big family, why exclude Dong Ryong, who needs family THE MOST?! This has just become one of the reasons I don't support Junghwan with Deok Sun. I hope the writer has thought about this...

#teamtaek all the way

• Like 3

Haha all the speculations about what colour JH is make me laugh. I think they are looking into every detail way too much. I just want to enjoy the show. I've posted on Dramabean explaining why I can't root for DS-JH. I really only see them as puppy love, I dont even know why they like each other :/ People on the other ship have said that JH will be able to give the love DS seeks and Taek would just make her super tired because she has to take care of him all the time. But I think Taek lets Deok Sun do all that because he likes her and that's how he shows his affection for her. Poor boy doesn't know how else to show it... Episode 12 was a good episode for us shippers because we can see that Taek can take care of Deok Sun. He's not as clueless as he seems. Plus he's got 25 years to change and grow as a character! I don't see him as the baby that needs caring for.

I want Friday to come faster!!! I want to know what happens to our Taek :( At this point, I think separation between DS and Taek will be good for them. Allow Taek to mature and grow up and then DS will be shocked to find that their puppy is no longer a puppy.

• Like 10

Guest jayx143

Guys... I just had an epiphany about SunTaek couple :o What if real "choice" couple is Sun Woo / Taek?  Biggest plot twist ever... :vicx: haha jk.

Yay subs!! <3

7 minutes ago, jayx143 said:

Guys... I just had an epiphany about SunTaek couple :o What if real "choice" couple is Sun Woo / Taek?  Biggest plot twist ever... :vicx: haha jk.

Yay subs!! <3

if im not mistaken Taek on its own means choice...??

and @hafunohane

I got it,  http://dramatitle.com/reply-1988-ep-1-eng-sub/ at 2:09 

• Like 2

Guest jayx143
8 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

if im not mistaken Taek on its own means choice...??

I don't know korean but thought couple name was choice haha. Just thought it was funny. Thanks for clearing it up :)

Guest jayx143
1 hour ago, Wendy Wang said:

I just realized...if Sun Woo's mom and Taek's dad get married, and if Deok Sun ends up with Junghwan, they're just all going to become one big family, excluding Dong Ryong's family, which just makes no sense.

If Bora and Sunwoo end up together, and they probably will, Deok Sun will technically become Taek's sister in-law, so the Sung family, Choi family and Sun woo's family are going to become one big extended family. Next if Deok Sun does marry Junghwan, the Kim family will become a part of that big family, making them ALL related. .-. This literally makes no sense to me, what about Dong Ryong?!! If they were going to make the entire ssangmundong neighbourhood one big family, why exclude Dong Ryong, who needs family THE MOST?! This has just become one of the reasons I don't support Junghwan with Deok Sun. I hope the writer has thought about this...

#teamtaek all the way

Jin Joo is always available... LOL jk. ew. no. But I had the same idea haha. :lol:

Guest gerimisore

Guys, is the colors/dolls theory significant in R94? Is it usually misleading or indeed pointing out to the real OTP? I assume that because people pay attention to it, this theory perhaps plays rather significant role in the previous installments. Do we have the same clues in R97? Or is it started in R94?

I just love the fact that we have seen taek's childhood two times so far. In ep 2 and ep 9 i think when TK's dad & SW's mom reminiscing the moment when he moved to seoul. Its just beautiful. I mean even TK dad & SW mom got the flashback scene which can be a foundation of their love story haha i like that.

And i love the fact that every TK-DS moments are mostly parallel with the married couple moment. I remember seeing JH parents doing the silly thing with food and finger, TK-DS also did that in the beach.
In ep 2 JH mom mad at dad because he recorded something. She asked him to stop by counting to three. TK also did that when he asked DS what she wants as a gift in secret santa. So cute.
TK scene is also parallel with SW i think when they both like Sung sisters because they are cute.
Lol think I can go on till Friday talking about those things. I'm so obsessed right now.
  • Like 10

Lol this thread moved so fast just in a week  :D The more, the merrier,  look how our  Taektanic is sailing  fast ^^

I indented to answer a lot post but till this page I've forgotten about it, lol so I will cut it short 

• I'm glad that you're all happy being here, honestly I believe that  TK/DS gonna be endgame, if not I won't be sad much since  I can at least understand it otherwise too, also we have PBG/Hyeri ship anyways which explains slightly better chemistry (wink)
  • About screen time, indeed JH has more in earlier episodes but  it doesn't change the fact that Taek have always been  between in the lines, and squad had always been  in Taek's territory/room 
  • Talking about Taek's room, I think one of the reasons for that it's efficient to film squad and family part at the same time. Still  they never neglected  to show  Taek's current status (most of the time playing baduk or drying his hair with towel, I wonder what is the point, he is untidy , smoker but neat...grandpa much? lol ) 
  • I also realized DS/Taek's similar clothing but only when they’ve their moments away from others( China, beach, in front of Baduk Center) let's not forget DS prepared his clothes before China trip too^^ In the photograph they've taken together,  Taek wears clothes chosen by DS, DS wears Taek's sweater just sayin^^
  • See? The more we dig in color theory the clearer we can see green light ^^ I suppose it's like fortune telling, stick to it though one cannot believe in it ^^

• Like 14

40 minutes ago, gerimisore said:

Guys, is the colors/dolls theory significant in R94? Is it usually misleading or indeed pointing out to the real OTP? I assume that because people pay attention to it, this theory perhaps plays rather significant role in the previous installments. Do we have the same clues in R97? Or is it started in R94?

Idk about R97 because I only watched after it finished, so I didn't really pay attention. However, I heard they used colors like YJ is blue, SW is red....

In R94, they used plush toys and they appeared like in almost every episode, it hinted the relationship, the one represents NJ always looked at Trash, the CB one always looks from afar, there're times it approaches a bit closer but can never quite touches NJ

• Like 3

TK totally resembles his dad. Even when dealing with women. When DS taking care of TK, SW mom taking care of TK dad in ep 9. Parallel. The fish thing also. I remember DS gave goldfish to TK when they first met, maybe since then TK felt something. Same goes to TK dad after receiving the goldfish from SW mom, he fell for her. Lol. Coincidence?

I wish the writer dont mess up with TK character and how he is presented. Because so far, his character is beautifully written and presented:wub:

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, bluesteyes said:

TK totally resembles his dad. Even when dealing with women. When DS taking care of TK, SW mom taking care of TK dad in ep 9. Parallel. The fish thing also. I remember DS gave goldfish to TK when they first met, maybe since then TK felt something. Same goes to TK dad after receiving the goldfish from SW mom, he fell for her. Lol. Coincidence?

I wish the writer dont mess up with TK character and how he is presented. Because so far, his character is beautifully written and presented:wub:

I was thinking about Ds parents, and idk i feel lik Tk actually resembles her dad in some ways .... he would be the only one that would buy something from someone everyday if he was pressured ( like the loan to a friend)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gerimisore said:

4 hours ago, Wendy Wang said:

Didn't most people like Chilbong during Reply 1994...? Why do I feel like this time they're going to make everyone like Junghwan but eventually have the "Chilbong 2.0" get the girl? 

I'm really hoping...

Hey guys i'm gonna attempt to address these questions but i'm going to include them under the spoiler tab because it's kind of off- topic since it's not the same drama, just the same franchise :)

@gerimisore

Spoiler

I know nothing about colors but I know that there is a doll theory in R1994. It's for the love triangle only, and it involves 3 stuffed animal dolls owned by the main girl: a dog, a seal, and a monkey/Gorilla. Chilbong is dog, Seal is the main girl Najung, and Gorilla is Trash oppa aka the husband. Shin PD later confirmed this theory to be true because the way the dolls are positioned always foreshadow the upcoming scene/event between the three. i remember seeing the seal doll and the gorilla doll holding hands, and later at the end of that same episode, the main guy and the main girl held hands as well. when the main guy moved out of the boarding house, they placed the gorilla door outside the girl's room. Also, another thing is a foreshawoing about the main guy being the girl's fate. In one scene, the mom says, "But there's a different fate for marriage. If they were really fated, don't you think they'll get married?" Then we see in the husband's hospital room, there's a towel in the background that faintly reads, "It's fate." I don't recall anything for R1997 but I haven't re-watched that series in the longest time. 

1IoW7_1388973771_image

@Wendy Wang

Spoiler

The reason why Chilbong got so popular was not because he is more conventionally good looking than Trash, but because he has way too many swoonworthy scenes. it didn't help that he is so, so persistent about pursuing the main girl, even to the very end after multiple time jumps. he amassed a large supporter because of the way his character and storyline were written. we were given so many future husband clues hinting at him being the husband (some of the clues even point more at him than at the real husband, but those clues were easily dismissed as red herrings in the end in just a matter of seconds). plus he has this motto that he repeated again and again: "it ain't over until it's over." 

We don't want anybody to end up as Chilbong 2.0 in this series just because Chilbong's story was too cruel. He began as the only Seoulite amongst the group, as well as the only one with a professional sports career. He's always this outsider. He has no real family relationship (he's broken home and his relationship with his mom was portrayed as a strained one), and his seniors in the baseball team dislike him. He faced so many trials from serious career-ender injuries to losses to almost died in a real mall incident to moving from Seoul to Japan, then to the US for his career, taking him off the series for a few episodes. His exit from the show was written very poorly as well. Screen_Shot_2015_12_14_at_5_46_19_PM.png

He was built to be a real contender in the beginning, he kissed the girl first, confess first, and skipped baseball practice and went to the countryside for her. Even when it comes to fulfilling the promise that the gang made with Najung/main girl to reunite in new year, ONLY CHILBONG SHOWED UP (watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlObyTni82U). The other guy didn't. But in the end he became nothing but a plot device to make the main OTP get together in the end.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_14_at_5_26_56_PM.png

did CB get his happy ending at all? no, not really. did his family relationship heal? we don't really know, his mom never came to see him in the end. no bromance blossomed between him and the main guy, only mild friendly banters in the smallest dose possible. did he get a consolation prize? well, sorta/maybe/possibly. in the last episode, Chilbong bumped into a girl who was just a cameo. this encounter lasted no more than 3 minutes, and there was no confirmation in the future reunion scene that he ended up living a happy life with this girl. not to mention that the girl caught his attention because her words mimicked that of the main girl who he obviously hasn't fully moved on from yet at that point. so theoretically, if viewers choose to believe he ended up with this girl, then it would always be because Chilbong saw a bit of Najung the main girl in her...

Screen_Shot_2015_12_14_at_5_30_26_PM.png

even until the very last, CB was still somewhat an outsider. the entire gang of friends completely forgot his birthday. he even bought the cake himself. this scene was so heartbreaking. 

Screen_Shot_2015_12_14_at_5_25_35_PM.png

---

I know you are hopeful about the script this time around favoring the nice guy instead of the mean guy that bickers with the girl, but trust me, getting Chilbonged was no joke. i knew from the beginning that since the main girl has only ever liked the main guy, that CB ship is destined for doom. but then the series dragged this love triangle until the very end and give us one clue after another, and showered us with scenes that gave Chilbong shippers false promises until the very end. CB is a great character, it's just tiring for us viewers to see his heart broken again and again because of his persistence to keep fighting for the girl. so that's why i wrote in the main thread that i really really don't want a Chilbong 2.0 and I hope that the pd/writer learned not to be too cruel to whoever it is that didn't get the main girl. in TK's case, i could do with the amount of loneliness/ sadness that his character has without the writer having to turn him into Chilbong 2.0. I seriously think he doesn't need to go down the same route. he's almost always away for baduk, his mom died young, he's taking meds for whatever reason, he barely eats/sleeps, and when the guys move for college/army/overseas like predicted, whose room will feel the emptiest but his? 

• Like 13