Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@hafunohane Darn girl, you took me back to the dark age(RP '94). Reading the post brought out anger LOL. Trust me y'all, YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE CHILBONGED. Watch,ship and enjoy the show but keep in mind to expect anything. Don't get too emotional or deep with the ship or what people say about the ship. Once beaten,twice shy.

P.S: I think the dolls are placed randomly depending on how the characters are gonna be in the episode.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

@hafunohane Darn girl, you took me back to the dark age(RP '94). Reading the post brought out anger LOL. Trust me y'all, YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE CHILBONGED. Watch,ship and enjoy the show but keep in mind to expect anything. Don't get too emotional or deep with the ship or what people say about the ship. Once beaten,twice shy.

so true, I remember seeing the new year eve episode and feeling like anything was possible...then the last ep aired and the next day or so i was crying at my new years party because all i could think of was CB face at the end 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

so true, I remember seeing the new year eve episode and feeling like anything was possible...then the last ep aired and the next day or so i was crying at my new years party because all i could think of was CB face at the end 

You cried? I had the worst 2wks after the show ended. Sorrowful mood at work,BF got tired of me a little Until he brought me back to earth saying its never that serious and should stop being heavily invested in a show.

Spoiler

Titanic left me the same way when I watched the scene of The old couple being together when the ship was getting filled with water. They held on till the very end. But Rp '94 was worse and up till now,I haven't had the courage to watch the last episode and I never will. LOL. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, minibunny said:

I don't mind if he's not the husband (but I will be much happy if he's the husband hehe), as long as they can make our TK has an happy ending..I hope if the husband is TK, JH ship don't put their anger/blame towards TK, since some of them already being too serious..

I hear you buddy. Some are just so tense and too opinionated that if their bubbles were bursted they would go crazy. I like being here. We're just chill and take it easy cuz' we got nothing to lose. And I like it better that way too. I don't wanna be so emotionally invested in fictional characters and mindlessly jump on the bandwagon.

@onlysb1 love your comparison and can we just talk about DS's expression here when Teak puts his head on her shoulder.

I'm sorry I'll just borrow your gif real quick here

P6WYg5.gif 

She seemed confused here, and I wonder why. She knew he lost the game. She knew he needed some comfort. So isn't it normal for him to do such a thing to her, especially when they're so close and have hugged each other before?! Her expression confuses me. I'm pretty sure she did sense something from him. I wonder what that is. Could it be "What is this feeling that I never felt before?". Gosh the chemistry between them at that very moment is just so great. Teak had an intense game. He lost. Of course, he felt heavy and disappointed in himself, but DS's presence was enough to resolve everything. She didn't have to say anything; just her being there, letting him borrow her shoulder was good enough for him. My heart melted when he smiled subtly hearing DS cheer him up. 

• Like 12

@mellinadear YES i started crying because i was drunk and a friend mentioned how it is 2014 and 14 is twice of 7 which was cb lucky number or something ( cant remember now >.<) and then i cried on the bus all the way home as well after. I honestly felt like a puppy got hit in front of me.

on other note...

I was wondering what people thoughts were on the theory that the secret santa game was foreshadowing who would find about how the person they picked feels?

it worked with Ds finding out about Jh and Jh about tk

but Tk finding about Ds still hasnt happened...

-------

i got the song played during the chips beach scene  Park Hak-Gi (박학기) - 02 Fragrant memory (향기로운 추억) 

• Like 7

Spoiler

@lovelyrainy tbh i am lost at that part you highlighted because as if the colors aren't confusing me enough, now she wanna talk about the emotional association that these colors have. and i don't want to reply to that person again because he/she mentioned that we should not focus on colors anymore so yea. plus that person posted something that i have a teeny amount of problem with over on the main thread and since i have refrained from saying anything over there let's just follow our own logical train of thoughts so we can stay light, happy, and sane. 

@mellinadear @mangachickava @lovelyrainy I KNOW RIGHT! oh those CB days.. anyway let's move back in time to R1988, and have more faith and fun this time, people. 

And I'm gonna say this to everyone: please carry on with the color theory/observation/ general discussion! throw it out here. I ENCOURAGE HEALTHY DISCUSSION and i'll try to follow along with whatever ideas i can connect my brains with. but forgive me if i can't entertain all of them. if anybody has anything they notice/ want to bring forth please, please do so! we are a pretty awesome/ chill bunch over here. that's also the reason why i copied the color discussion. my brain is too small to comprehend them and i thank you all for explaining them. this is seriously me:

3z7cb.jpg

'mental gymnast' is a funny term so in light of that let me share with you a funny theory from a knetizen in DC hahaha. not trying to bash the other ship (i still have one foot planted there but i'm already wearing a life vest now) but this dc theory makes me feel like y'all here are einsteins with your eagle eyes and profound insights. so keep 'em coming.http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=265475  Their theory is this: DS/JH went to Mcdonald's in a previous episode, and since Mcdonald's starts with an M, and M= 13th letter in the alphabet, they predict DS/JH is gonna have a kiss/romantic/special scene in episode 13. LOL. (can't really read korean just predicting it based on the images).

.... so i know i can now rest in peace knowing i've made a substantial contribution to the intellectual society with my blue/ green cap theory. hahaha. oh and BTW shoutout to @Meliere and your gem of a post! LOVE IT. please post more! 

• Like 8

Hello everyone! I was taking a nap when I suddenly had this thought: what if TK doesn't get to give DS her gift? Not because he forgot or lost the match but because he disappears and when he does DS will be heart broken that she lost a friend and let out a frustration that he even owes her a gift. Then a time skip happens, they meet again, she develops feelings for him and then the big thing happens; they kiss. Then TK goes to say something like "this is your long overdue gift/ I'm sorry it took this long to give you your gift" lol idk, my mind likes to fantasize.

• Like 8

Guest hien le

@hafunohane thank you for translate, i suprised by thier theory, but I think if DS and JH kiss on next episode, it possible to make teak cry. However, i think it's no big deal if teak is main because JH will be chilbong ver 2. 

Okay, look what I came up with  official images...nothing ^^ Forgive my simpleminded opinion  but imagine I'm not  looking at sns or official pages or forums of drama and I am simply watching it so am I not supposed to realize  this  color theory because I missed big clue? no? Ok.

Then I looked at this one which represents JH as green so I assume he is green 

Spoiler

image.png

Later I saw this one but I'll just ignore it because Taek is green 

Spoiler

image.jpg

Look I missed such a big clue since I really haven't looked into it till you guys mentioned  sorry ^^

--

@hafunohane I don't think they are serious about that 13-M theory ^^ It would be elementary level analysis (exp: (JH) blue + (DS) yellow = green (JH and DS's rooftop ) lol 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, meguna said:

Hello everyone! I was taking a nap when I suddenly had this thought: what if TK doesn't get to give DS her gift? Not because he forgot or lost the match but because he disappears and when he does DS will be heart broken that she lost a friend and let out a frustration that he even owes her a gift. Then a time skip happens, they meet again, she develops feelings for him and then the big thing happens; they kiss. Then TK goes to say something like "this is your long overdue gift/ I'm sorry it took this long to give you your gift" lol idk, my mind likes to fantasize.

Lol, or he will say 'Sorry, my baduk match took years this time but I earned just as much, so what do you want as a gift I will buy you everything!"

• Like 4

You know what, last night when I watched ep 6, that was when Taek had to win 5 matches in a row to become champion and 2 lines from this man (probably his teacher or sajangnim) hit me

fB3lcAM

- "Because of people like you, he can't even sleep". He said this to Shin journalist who commented that "Of course Taek would win, how can he loose?"

- After Taek's final match, he came to see Taek and said "You've worked hard". At that moment, Taek looks like that's all he needs, someone can understand his burden.

The episode focused on the reality that everyone believes Taek is a god, and he can win over everyone, only his sajangnim (?) understand his burden.

And the line "You have worked hard" one again was repeated by DS in ep 12, 

• Like 9

Guys there are rumors on DCInside that Seontaek couple was seen filming at the school infirmary. Many speculation on DC about what the scene could be, like DS falling sick but the school couldn't get in touch with anyone except Taek etc. Also some speculation that we may see some flashback to the young DS/Taek wrestling scene that left the scar on Taek's forehead etc. 

LOL I hope all these speculation come true. But bear in mind that they are just speculation! XD

Update with some filming witness account posted by saturn. in the main Reply 1988 thread: 

6 hours ago, saturn. said:

Dec.14.2015 Two filming witness account

tumblr_nzdjfvnJTW1uavo0oo2_540.jpg
"12/14 (Mon) Filming of 'Reply 1988' will be at Player room A, B.
Please understand it as a promotion of Baduk through a drama. Sorry to cause trouble."

The back of a man in checky shirt is Taek.
tumblr_nzdjfvnJTW1uavo0oo1_500.jpg

Outside of the Baduk center
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=262308&page=1&exception_mode=recommend&search_pos=&s_type=search_all&s_keyword=%EA%B8%B0%EC%9B%90

Taek & Deoksun(=Sooyeon) in a 'middle' school.
tumblr_nzdjfvnJTW1uavo0oo3_540.jpg
Maybe Taek's flashback scene? Taek and DS are spotted filming in a middle school, in the hallway and in the nursing room. Middle schools are boys and girls together, so they must have gone to the same school. It's ep15, don't know whether it's before the time jump or after. 

(BTW Mods, I hope I am not breaking any rules by quoting pictures. Its just that I thought I would like to keep saturn.'s post in its original form but repost to the Taek X Deoksun thread with credits to @saturn.)

• Like 12

I remember there's argument abt what BR 2015 said to her hubby,  weather its Jaewoo or Jaebu (brother in law) which doesn't seem quite right,  bcos why wud her hubby care abt the whereabouts of his sister in law's husband?! So it cud most probably their child . However woo is not a surname & usually parents their children's name rhyme with each other & not with their own name...now cud it  possible Jaewoo is Sunwoo & Taek half brother? That both step brothers share joint responsibilities to raise their half brother? One reason BR went to DS & her husband's home? But again if he's their brothers he's probably in his early 20s....welll, just a random thought :) 

• Like 3

its my first time posting here in this thread. i havent watched any episodes for this series. (i got chilbonged last year hahaha lol). i even watched it live.. too much heartaches on the last 2 episodes (eventhough i dont understand korean)  thats why i dont have courage to watched rp88, i am just relying on dramabeans recap and soompi forums. 

however, reading the recaps and your thoughts about taek and deoksun makes me want to believe and watch the series again.

their story is leading to something beautiful and i am looking forward to it.

• Like 8

You guys, there's something that I really want to see. I want to see PBG act as a lead in a heart wrenching drama. It can be a romantic one or a slice of life. I think he will do really well on something like that. It will be painful but also satisfying to see him at his best (in acting). It would also be fun to see him as a more lively character like in Wonderful Mama. We will see him do lots of aegyo and be silly or something :))

oh oh just wanna add. Since he did well on I remember you, I also want to see him do action/crime stuff

• Like 5