Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

Omfg ... I just died from cuteness overload in ep 12. :heart: 

Spoiler

But to be honest guys, I found the storyline very bland. The only thing that keep me watching this show is Ryu Jun Yeol's gorgeousness. It'd be great if we could see him in another drama with better plot.

• Like 5

Saw in one of his interviews, hope it is ok to quote it...

“I’m extremely satisfied with my face. I think it has a unique characteristic and it feels good. But actually even if I said I do not like my external appearance, there is nothing I can fix either, so I don’t really give concern about that. I’m the type who always thinks that everything is going to turn out to be well, and is trying hard to grow. Seen from experiences something comes up to my mind, that a good-acting is not something that you can do by yourself. An actor you can work with, getting well with staffs, maximizing good energy to get satisfying results, I want to be a person like that.”

Good!

Source: http://misschokyu.tumblr.com/post/135648698723/trans-ryu-jun-yeol-firstlook-interview-dec

• Like 7

I found this, it doesn't really say anything new but I like the expression:

rising Hallyu star

so I'll just share it :sweatingbullets:

Ryu Joon Yeol is a romantist with flowers for Singapore's 'U Weekly'

ryu-joon-yeol_1467419679_af_org.jpg
Ryu Joon Yeol is the romantic cover model for Singapore's 'U Weekly'!

The actor posed against a pastel blue background with yellow and white flowers in his hand. He showed off his sweet charms as well as his playful side, proving himself to be a rising Hallyu star. 

There are more photos, but are the same already shared here so I'll not repost them ;)

CREDIT: allkpop

And about the photos from U Weelky... thanks a lot @paradicez for sharing the fanart you made, it's really beautiful :D

• Like 14

[Photos] Ryu Jun-yeol, a man who stimulates your love cells

photo742081.jpg

Ryu Jun-yeol adorned the cover page of Singaporean magazine 'U-Weekly'.

In the revealed pictorial, Ryu Jun-yeol looks dandy in a white polo shirt coordinated with a black jacket. The suave look in his eyes looking into the camera lens brings out his soft manly man appeal. In other images, he shows off his pure and innocent appeals with the various playful expressions on his face.

Ryu Jun-yeol's popularity is increasing steadily in Asian countries including China, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and middle eastern countries after his appearance in tvN's 'Answer Me 1988'. Although he is still regarded as a rookie actor, the number of followers of his Weibo account is significantly increasing as well. Also he is garnering good attention in Singapore, since "Lucky Romance" is broadcast 24 hours after the show is aired in Korea.

Ryu Jun-yeol, who shows off the irresistible charms across manly man appeal and boyish man appeal, is earning more popularity every day in Korea as well as other countries in Asia.

Source: 

http://www.hancinema.net/photos-ryu-jun-yeol-a-man-who-stimulates-your-love-cells-96276.html

• Like 11

Hello everyone!

Here's the support report for the 2nd half of our first project, With Love, For Love n__nv

For those who joined this, thank you! You guys are the best~ <3 He'll be reading this /reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal/ soon so be excited! <3

Spoiler

And for those who joined our Lucky Romance support, stay tuned (this week??? tomorrow??? this weekend?? hahaha) as we confrmed our support date and we'll be posting updates on our SNS accounts! Be ready! <3

###

Read it online: http://bit.ly/forlove_online

Media preview

• Like 11

7 hours ago, kaqueski said:

@EMM! The project look amazing :) I did send a message months ago (a msg from Hungary) but didn't see it included here. I wonder if I did something wrong? Or if there was a limit of messages to be included?

T_____T It could have been buried in the hundreds of emails we received :(

Either that or you didn't meet the deadline. :(

We're only two working that time and I solely work on this messagebook alone.. so I take responsibility for this mistake :(

Sorry.. :(

Also to those who can't find their message... sorry ;__;

• Like 6

[TRANS] Ryu Jun Yeol for UWeekly Magazine (July 2016)
For the complete interview, go to: http://eyesonryu.tumblr.com/post/146858802270/trans-ryu-jun-yeol-for-uweekly-magazine-july

Cover page: Ryu Jun Yeol walked out of the <Reply 1988> “curse”

Ryu Jun Yeol- Acting-Handsome BOY generation

Through acting as “Dog Jungpal” in <Reply 1988>, he shot to fame, becoming the “acting-handsome” male god of the new generation, capturing the hearts of many female fans!

Venue of interview: Seoul Gangnam Andromeda Studio

Source: UWeekly Magazine (July 2016)
Translated by Eyes On RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please do not translate to other languages without permission!
Don’t forget to credit Eyes On RYU when sharing, thank you!

Although he debuted a little over one year, his acting skill is recognized and have also received countless number of awards, including South Korea’s most influential award –Best New Actor from “Baeksang Arts Awards”.

2016, he acted full force and puts all his efforts on both drama and movie industries. The first episode of his recent hot drama <Lucky Romance> exceeded 10% for its ratings, initiating hot discussions. The generation belonging to Ryu Jun Yeol is coming!

—

A New Beginning

UW: After being chosen to act in <Reply 1988>, how did you feel at that time? Did you expect the drama to be so popular?

Ryu: The audience may have seen the scene of me participating in the auditions for <Reply 1988> in <Youth Over Flowers>. The third time I went for the auditions, after the director chatted with me, he suddenly said, “Let’s do it together.” At that moment, I didn’t understand what he was saying but I realized I was confirmed as the cast after that. I’m full of hope every time I go for auditions but when I was confirmed as the cast, it felt like very complicated, a feeling that I don’t know how to describe. The memories of me preparing for <Reply 1988> auditions before, flow out like scenes in a movie. I remember the director said something like “Thank you, thank you.” to me. I didn’t expect any audience overseas to watch it at all.

UW: I heard that you wanted to act as “Sung Sunwoo” (acted by Go Kyung Pyo) at first, is it true?

Ryu: No. The director gave me Sunwoo’s script when I went to the first audition so I thought the director wanted me to act as Sunwoo. After that, the director gave me the script of other roles, I guess he wanted to me to try different roles, and he decided to give me the role of “Kim Jung Hwan”.(Nickname: Ssangmun-dong Dog Jung Pal)

UW: How are you similar to Kim Junghwan?

Ryu: Half-half. “Kim Junghwan” is a very firm person, which is similar to me. However, I am likable like “Sung Sunwoo”. I think “Kim Junghwan” is a little boring when he is dating and I’m not as boring as him. HAHAHA.

UW: Then. how are you similar to “Je Suho” in <Lucky Romance>?

Ryu: I have some areas where I am similar with Je Su Ho. I am not superstitious. If someone tells me to not write my name in red ink, I will do it more.

UW: In <Lucky Romance> you kissed with Hwang Jung Eum, how did you prepare for that kiss scene?

Ryu: I was very anxious! Hwang Jung Eum helped lead that scene, I’m very grateful towards her.

Shot to fame overnight

UW: You shot to fame because of <Reply 1988> and became “Nation Fluttering Man”; becoming the “Acting-Handsome Man of the New Era” after Kim Woo Bin, what thoughts do you have of such nicknames? Which area/side of you do you think you are the most charismatic

Ryu: I am satisfied with the nicknames the audience gave me and I’m very thankful to them.People who met me always say I look very familiar, just like a person whom they knew before. Maybe the reason why the audience like me is because I give off the feeling of a “familiar person”, can I say that this is my charisma?  Reporters in Korea tell me the “life drama” I act in is very vivid, like something they will see in normal life which is what they are able to relate to. This may be the reason why the audience like me too.

UW: Because of the success of <Reply 1988>, was it stressful for you to act in <Lucky Romance>?

Ryu: When I take on a new drama, I will have a lot of concerns including <Lucky Romance>. However, I believe that all will be good, after I started filming, these worries were all solved. I will film happily and finish a good piece of work.

Birthday: September 25th, 1986
Height/weight: 183cm/70kg
Blood type: A type
Education: University of Suwon-Film and Theatre Department
Debut: Year 2015, Movie <Socialphobia>
Notable work: 2016 drama <Reply 1988>, <Lucky Romance>, Variety show <Youth over Flowers:Africa>
Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/ryusdb/

• Like 13

“Section TV” Reminisces About Song Joong Ki And Ryu Jun Yeol’s Humble Acting Debuts

While Song Joong Ki and Ryu Jun Yeolare praised as some of the hottest actors in South Korea today, they’ve had to work hard to get to where they are today.

During the July 3 episode of MBC’s “Section TV,” a panel of reporters looked back on the acting debuts of the two actors, and their “background” era.

Meanwhile, Ryu Jun Yeol similarly had humble beginnings, and starred in a number of shorts and independents films, before making his drama debut as an extra in KBS’s “Producer.” He also had two short lines, and faded into the background.

Ryu Jun Yeol 3

Reply 1988” was luckily his next work that aired, but he also starred as a BJ in 2015 film “Socialphobia,” which he actually filmed before the popular drama. The actor personally wore braces when he went to audition for this role, which left a huge impression on the director, who eventually casted him.They may have had humble beginnings, but their hard work and efforts

http://www.soompi.com/2016/07/04/section-tv-reminisces-song-joong-ki-ryu-jun-yeols-humble-acting-debuts/

Side note: i thought oppa had braces for five years. I think they misunderstood.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, realistic2280 said:

Saw some negative comments on JY on his picture of The King cast..... i wish the movie will move audience with his acting that those haters will eat their words...

RJY fighting!:)

Don't worry, my friend, everything has its own timing. Time will definitely tell and show them that Junyeol really deserves his spot in the movie ;)

• Like 7