[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, gayatritunggadewi said:

Found this article couple of hours ago :kiss_wink:

‘Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ Spoilers: Wang So Becomes The King; 4th Prince To Marry Hae Soo; Happy Ending Awaits Couple In Series Finale

"Moon Lovers" is set to have a happy ending with Wang So as the new king and his marriage with Hae Soo. 

The historical drama “Moon Lovers” is getting more intense with mysterious and exciting storylines as each episode unfolds.

‘Moon Lovers’ Finale Explodes A Happy Story of Victory, Wedding And Family

A recent report surfaced and disclosed a potential conclusion of the popular Korean drama. It presumed that Wang So will end up as the third king in a historical aspect and will wed Hae Soo, who will be eventually crowned as the queen of Goryeo dynasty.

The couple are also believed to raise a happy family with their children.

While Hae Soo and Wang So lives a happy life, Wang Wook is expected to be miserable in his failure of getting the throne and having her dream woman.

Source: http://www.itechpost.com/articles/36390/20161005/moon-lovers-scarlet-heart-ryeo-spoilers-wang-becomes-king-4th.htm

I love the thought but this is overly happy ending. Too good to be true. I really doubt it. The most happy ending we can consider that we can get is HS will die in WS arms. Promise of being united again. Short scene united on modern world. 

• Like 22

Chingu!!! I need help here...please...pretty please..this is urgent!! (okay..that's exaggerated...hehehe lol :P)

I found this on twitter...can someone who speaks/know Korean translate this please?? 

If you played it..there're some words written in the video..and there are numbers (1,2,3,4??) what's that mean?? anyone can help??maybe it has something to do with what is the most fav. scenes??IDK...

Thank you in advance for your help...*bow*

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

but then in most saeguks which are set in joseon, you don't have the royals intermarrying within the family. so what happened?

Hi, by Joseon time, Korea as well as China, had been  influenced by Confucius, the great philosopher from China.

Although he is very wise, he had many rules on morality and were highly negative on women's rights.

I cannot elaborate more becos I didn't study into great depth of his teachings because by now many agree that some of the things he said are outdated.

In any case, between Goryeo time and Joseon time there was a great change in society for Korea, people accepted more rules and became more feudal.

• Like 20

15 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

and random Q -- why is it okay in goryeo for these fellows to marry their half sister and neice? whereas, in modern kdramas, they have a meltdown if two brothers marry into the same family (like in five children where the two brothers were in love with 2 sister-in-laws) -- when did rules against marrying within the clan come to pass and how did it happen? any history buffs here?

In the case of the early Goryeo era, the marriage between siblings was Taejo´s policy, in order to strenghten the royal family- it would more precise to say, to found/establish a royal family/dynasty, since he himself wasnot of "royal blood" but the son of a wealthy merchant, and Goryeo was the result of the (not so peaceful and willingly) unification of three kingdoms with many clans. Actually, most of Taejo ´s sons married their  half siblings, e.g,

QUOTE Wang Wook's actual wife was Lady Yoo (later "Queen Seon'ui" as Wang Wook was posthumously granted the title "King Daejong" (대종대왕)). Lady Yoo's heritage is complicated (as a result of Taejo's policy):

Father/father-in-law: King Taejo

Mother: Queen Jeongdeok (who is also the mother of Wang Eun & Wang Jung's wife)

Mother-in-law/step-mother: Queen Shinjeong (who is also the mother of Gwangjong's wife Queen Daemok)

Husband/half-brother: Wang Wook ENDQUOTE ( quote from wikipedia).

When the shift happened in Goryeo case: I assume,  as it was Taejo´s policy, probably it was abandoned after his death, and maybe it was used later and for a while only  in urgent political situations for alliances, since there was Taejo´s precedent. The big shift concerning  family ties/duties/morals and, consequently,also  women ´s position  it is said that happened during Joseon era  as the "neo-confucianism had gripped all the nation".
p.s.: I am not an historian, and the above account is the result (in short) of hours of googling : )   I cannot give specific sources.

• Like 18

6 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

after reading about the hugh and watching the preview for episode 14 i was on cloud number nine... our ship finally was sailing, or so i thought

then i watched both versions of episode 13, and i thought it was a great episode, love all the action scenes (me looove some fights) and all LJK scenes (as always) seriously this guy is amazing, he's killing it! and even if i hate Wook with all my heart i thought him clever 

but... i'm still not buying HS... every scene with wook got my nerves, i don't understand her... why propose to go away with wook, if she was testing him it's ok, but if so, why when he told her he would make her return to him (or something like that) she answered that it won't be easy... she must have told him plainly  that he won't. period

and why she didn't told so about wook?

i wish she could have been more emotional when pating and embracing So... maybe she can't feel anything after all that hapened to her, but then how can I believe that next episode she will be happy and in love with So?

this drama just drive me crazy... and still i love it to pieces and can only think of it.. and So.

Is it just me? I hope next week episodes made me more confident in our OTP relationship, right now i'm so scared because only 7 episodes to go and I don't want the drama to rush things

I like IU as Hae Soo and her acting is fine for the most part but I think she has to improve on her micro expressions because it is not clear what she is trying to convey to the audience in that scene with Wook at the end. There ought to be more finality in her expression when she says "It won't be easy" before she walks away from Wook, maybe a look of determination to make it so? I honestly don't know if it is the directing or her acting. Also a harder look in her eyes when she accused Wook of using her to kill So would be more appropriate then a wide eyed tearful look (a puppy that got kicked), where is her 21st century feisty self gone to? I would have liked to see her show some hint of her old self here. As a breakup scene, it didn't leave me with much confidence and the international preview for next episode left me depressed as there were few SoSoo scenes. Thank goodness the SBS preview was better but a lot has to be packed into the last few episodes so I don't think we are going to see much of the SoSoo love development before disaster hits them. :tears:

• Like 14

11 hours ago, wangnyeo said:

please tell me this is 

Spoiler

tumblr_oejdnu2vNp1s8t96qo9_r1_540.png

not gonna be a dream but reality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

craving for more sweet scenes of So-Soo couple :wub:

Spoiler

OMG and it's not even a Korean screen kiss. It's a real kiss. Look at how his neck muscles tense up. 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

@valsava ~ another random saeguk observation: doesn't it seem that the guys with gelled hair are all shady? whereas guys with lovely hair are generally okay/good?

just look at the princes --

wang yo (eyeliner and gelled hair) - openly evil

wook (gelled top knot always!) - shady stalker

9th prince wang won -- yes man to whoever has the upper hand (gelled top knot)

then, we have the ponytails and free flowing hair -- wangsoo, baekha , eun with no brains, jung who listens to mummy.

so as viewers, we should be always wary of those hair gel fellows in saeguks! :phew:

and random Q -- why is it okay in goryeo for these fellows to marry their half sister and neice? whereas, in modern kdramas, they have a meltdown if two brothers marry into the same family (like in five children where the two brothers were in love with 2 sister-in-laws) -- when did rules against marrying within the clan come to pass and how did it happen? any history buffs here?

Actually interestingly.. relatives marrying happens even today..

Muslims: Marry cousins (even first cousins)

Some south Indian cultures allow a man to marry his sister's daughter (niece)

Romans allows bro-sis marriage in some sense..

I think some tribals still allow incestuous marriages

• Like 8

Just a heads up for the ones that looking for the international version, it seems <s>dramafire</s> , myasiantv and dramanice have changed their 1-8 episodes into SBS version, so the one that is still airing the international version are DramaFever and Youku only.

Edit : Correction, Dramafire still has the international version, my mistake, I must have mixed it up with another site.

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, hrkharis said:

I think positively about what PD said about "the journey will be sad, but there will be a happy ending".

Yes, HS's journey in the palace was very unpleasant for her. She got to experience the fear, the betrayal, the sadness and struggled to survive. She saw how the princes brothers, respectively, fought to seize the throne. She might see the death of one of the prince and her love story ended sadly. But the Writer Nim will bring this plot into a happy ending because HS will back into the 21st century and meet with her destiny, a handsome man who resembles Prince Wang-so. They are attracted to each other because they feel "Deja Vu".

Well said @hrkharis. I think it's about time that I start thinking about the "journey will be sad, but there will be a happy ending." statement differently as well. 
Having both a happy journey and happy ending would be nice but I honestly I don't see how the journey couldn't be sad. The palace is shown as a horrid place so obviously HS survival there would be shown as a very unpleasant experience. Knowing that there is a happy ending makes it worth going through the sad journey. The happy ending really works well with the sad journey. 

• Like 10

20 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

Kdrama god, since you has granted my wish, please listen to my other prayer. Please give me WS-HS's bedscene, please let HS take WS's virginity. Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

C-BBJX got bedscene...:D

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Actually interestingly.. relatives marrying happens even today..

Muslims: Marry cousins (even first cousins)

Some south Indian cultures allow a man to marry his sister's daughter (niece)

Romans allows bro-sis marriage in some sense..

I think some tribals still allow incestuous marriages

Add on to the list - Ancient egypt royal family allow marriage between full siblings to keep their royal blood pure.

Google incest marriage in royal family and you will find many example ; japanese royal .

I think in western, there s no direct incestuous marriage but they intermarriage between cousins. Sounds alright except what was recognized as uncle/aunties (cousins of ur parents) in chinese were called second cousin in western world, and allowed marriage.

In chinese history, during han dynasty there s king who was forced to marry his niece. 

• Like 6

I think it's quite naive to anticipate a traditional happy ending with this drama, one of its core fundamental themes is that it's the journey and not the destination that justifies all the suffering the characters endure. Very few charcters will find the plight for the throne worth it, characters like Wook and Yh cling to the assertion that power solves every problem. They forget that all power requires more sacrifice in order to maintain, just look at lady oh and the king.

The beauty of Wang So and Soo is the fragile, tentative affections that become so passionate and profound that it can only sustain itself for a short period.

Their time together is ephemeral. Hae Soo's purpose was to love Wang So just enough that he does not descend into mindless cruelty and ruthless eradication. But for Hae Soo, in my opinion, this was her stipulation to fall through time and when those conditions have been satisfied, she must go back to her time.

Just a thought and I could be making an erroneous assumption but this drama is so evocative and thought provoking. XD

• Like 24