[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

18 minutes ago, aparr said:

You know what is the worst thing we will probably have to go through? Yeon Hwa actually getting everything she wanted, So, the throne, BUT writer forbids we see their children otherwise I will smash my screen. Nothing is worse than seeing the bad girl getting all her satisfaction. She will be the next Queen Yoo. At least we know that So will never love her.

I wonder if they make it that the Yeon Hwa's kids aren't actually Wang So's or something. If kids are shown I wish that it's that she cheated on him and even Wang So knows that but for some reason he can't expose the truth. It's not like they had DNA tests make then.

• Like 8

I only have one question : Wook-Soo ship has finally drowned turned into a wreck and probably eaten by shark on the bottom of the ocean (you deserve it Wook!) but why we haven't got the scene where Soo give back the bracelet to Wook and he destroy it?? I always thought it will happened during ep12 or 13

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

I only have one question : Wook-Soo ship has finally drowned turned into a wreck and probably eaten by shark on the bottom of the ocean (you deserve it Wook!) but why we haven't got the scene where Soo give back the bracelet to Wook and he destroy it?? I always thought it will happened during ep12 or 13

yes in wonder about the bracelet too.. and do you think wook who'll be the one to destroy it?  what if so who will do it? maybe later he will find out about the love between HS and WW and he will know about the bracelet too.. i prefer  wook who will destroy it instead of wangso. 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, aypopa said:

OK in history we know that WS will marry YH and his niece (Mu daughter ) but he will have 5 children and they all YH children 

he was sure busy with YH but like he don't like his niece or why he has children only with YH hahaha this is very sad for me i know he must have but YH ...YH and five is not like one or two hahahha 

Well, maybe WS treat her as real niece and not really consumate their relationship.  

10 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

Episode 11 is already the turning point when WW turned and walked away from HS.

Episode 12 which HS had to repeat 3 different variations of "I missed you" to elicit response that she needs from WW which he never gives is typical girl interrogating her bf.  If WW gives the response that HS needs, that ship is still sailing.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

This is the scene I have been waiting for. Maybe it will be in Ep 14.

She hasn't worn the bracelet since she was tortured. Perhaps she hasn't claimed her personal belongings from the jail guards, assuming she was wearing it when she served the poisoned tea.LOL

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

I guess I'm glad to see that people here are still optimistic. Korean fans not so much. It's not just Wang So's character that's suffering from the director/writer's focus on Wang Wook. Other princes' stories have also been neglected or rushed. The actress of Chaeryung was sad to see many of her scenes were cut. The actor of the Crown Prince had said he would only appear for a short time and yet he's just become king. Wang Yo was supposed to be So's main rival in the fight for the throne, but now Wook is sharing that role as well. The stories of 10th-PSD and 13-WH could have been more spread out in the earlier episodes in conjunction with the Wook-Soo relationship, but were minimally added like an afterthought. While promotional materials and press release info display LJG as the male lead, the actual story shows more about the development of Wang Wook's character. What he's thinking, why he's changing, why he's reacting that way, etc., etc. K fans joke that this is Wook Lover instead of Moon Lovers. Wang So gets very few scenes that explain why he is the way he is (and even those scenes were later added in the Korean version because fans were angry), and the significance of his character derives mostly from LJG's superb acting performance. His important scenes don't have very many lines and even the few lines he has are... often cringeworthy in raw Korean. But then again, that problem isn't limited to just his lines, and this is something that doesn't really get translated over anyway. Then there are also inaccuracies in translations.

It reminds me of how I was disappointed when I ordered a Korean dish at a Chinese restaurant in the middle of podunk US. I was just happy to see it on the menu, but when it came out, I didn't recognize it. It was a good dish of its own right, but it was not what I expected. I guess the chef wasn't Korean and just made an adaptation of a Korean recipe with ingredients that were available to him already. Some ingredients were the same but prepared differently, while some of the spices used were totally different. If I had thought it was a new dish, I would have enjoyed it more, but because it was labeled as a favorite dish of mine, I felt something similar to being betrayed, offended, and cheated.

I never watched the C-version, and I don't think it should be a pre-requisite for watching MLSHR. While it is understandable that Wook-Soo relationship had to happen early in the show (and Morean fans familiar with the C-version did wait patiently at first), the Korean version also advertised that it would feature an intense fight for the throne among the princes, and at least Wang So's character (as well as other princes besides Wook) could have been given more screentime and development in that sense. Given the fact that Korean history has to go through 3 kings before Wang So finally becomes king, this side of the plot should have developed sooner than it did in the current version as it was hinted in the leaked scripts and synopsis. But instead, we saw an extensive love story between Wook and Soo (with an episode devoted to the departure of his wife) in the first half of the drama, and now things are rushed and explained through dialogues instead of actually showing things on screen. 

I will still keep watching because I want to see So and Soo together, even for a fleeting moment. I will probably still bring over news of the DVD/Blu-ray efforts, but at this point I'm not sure it will happen as not many people have volunteered and no one has come forward to lead the effort. Some Korean fans of LJG don't want the release because they think it would just be another ploy to use his name value to make more money for the production without actually delivering anything for his fans. I personally am hanging onto what IU said about shooting with LJG the most. 

How are the korean fans taking it? I for one, am not too optimistic. It definitely feels like LJG is playing the second lead here and there are too many scenes and development for Wang Wook (not that I have anything against KHN). It's really frustrating because there are not as many LJG scenes as you would have expected for the main lead. I was never a fan of LJG but I immensely love his portrayal as Wang So. 

As for the DVD/Blu-ray, I was absolutely excited over it and would totally get it if there is. But as for now, I dont think I will be getting anymore seeing how things have been developing so far. How disappointing when there was so much potential with this drama. Nevertheless, I would still watch it if only for Wang So. 

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, runitaaa said:

I love your Wook-So ship fairytale! Bravo. Best bedtime story ever.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, ruizaio said:

I guess I'm glad to see that people here are still optimistic. Korean fans not so much. It's not just Wang So's character that's suffering from the director/writer's focus on Wang Wook. Other princes' stories have also been neglected or rushed. The actress of Chaeryung was sad to see many of her scenes were cut. The actor of the Crown Prince had said he would only appear for a short time and yet he's just become king. Wang Yo was supposed to be So's main rival in the fight for the throne, but now Wook is sharing that role as well. The stories of 10th-PSD and 13-WH could have been more spread out in the earlier episodes in conjunction with the Wook-Soo relationship, but were minimally added like an afterthought. While promotional materials and press release info display LJG as the male lead, the actual story shows more about the development of Wang Wook's character. What he's thinking, why he's changing, why he's reacting that way, etc., etc. K fans joke that this is Wook Lover instead of Moon Lovers. Wang So gets very few scenes that explain why he is the way he is (and even those scenes were later added in the Korean version because fans were angry), and the significance of his character derives mostly from LJG's superb acting performance. His important scenes don't have very many lines and even the few lines he has are... often cringeworthy in raw Korean. But then again, that problem isn't limited to just his lines, and this is something that doesn't really get translated over anyway. Then there are also inaccuracies in translations. [...]

Thank you for informing us on what Korean fans think and feel. I'm really saddened by all this. To be honest, I've started this show for LJG and was hoping I would grow to love it not for only his sake but the whole thing (script, rest of the cast, music etc) in the end. Unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. I still enjoy watching and will proably have withdrawals when it ends but it's mostly to do with Wang So and Ljg's portrayal of him.

Could you please elaborate on how his lines are cringeworthy in Korean? Gosh, I feel so sorry for him. He's such a good actor, why does he always get stuck with stuff like this ughh.. T___T

• Like 16

10 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

I am sorry to say, but I'm not setting too much stock by what the Korean fans want for this drama anymore :)  (I'm sorry, please don't kill me, just my honest opinion :) ). From the beginning, there has always been something about the drama that wasn't to their taste - At the beginning it was the music, too many princes and characters, always something -  now it's not enough princes?? which is why we now have two versions of the drama - one missing a lot of the princes and side characters, and so and so forth. Unarguably, we have had more Hae Soo -  Wang Wook romantic scenes than we would like, but the scenes we have had with Wang So-Hae Soo while not being romantic have shown how Hae Soo makes Wang So a better human being overall. And it has to be said that it is an adaptation, so the writer will try hard not to deviate too much from the source material - Granted, it is an atypical K-drama - there are so many potential second leads and so many kings it seems before Wang So. It is not by any means a perfect drama, but in my honest opinion, for the home audience, there will always be somethiing that they don't like about the drama, but as we can see with the different versions that many of us aren't happy about, you can only go so far to cater to people's tastes before you start to look and act crazy...

The problem wasn't about there being too many princes, but having them all in one screen without much significant interaction. The initial criticism was that it looks more like a sitcom than a sageuk. People used to sageuks expect dignity from royal characters.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Artheusa said:

Thank you for informing us on what Korean fans think and feel. I'm really saddened by all this. To be honest, I've started this show for LJG and was hoping I would grow to love it not for only his sake but the whole thing (script, rest of the cast, music etc) in the end. Unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. I still enjoy watching and will proably have withdrawals when it ends but it's mostly to do with Wang So and Ljg's portrayal of him.

Could you please elaborate on how his lines are cringeworthy in Korean? Gosh, I feel so sorry for him. He's such a good actor, why does he always get stuck with stuff like this ughh.. T___T

Agree with you. If not for wangso, I don't think I would be an addict like this lol. Blame junki and his flawless acting:D I've always been waiting for so-soo scenes and development but what they have been doing to us is showing us haesoo-wook scenes. Sorry for always complaining but this is what have always bothering me lol

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Evelyn C said:

I am sorry to say, but I'm not setting too much stock by what the Korean fans want for this drama anymore :)  (I'm sorry, please don't kill me, just my honest opinion :) ). From the beginning, there has always been something about the drama that wasn't to their taste - At the beginning it was the music, too many princes and characters, always something -  now it's not enough princes?? which is why we now have two versions of the drama - one missing a lot of the princes and side characters, and so and so forth. Unarguably, we have had more Hae Soo -  Wang Wook romantic scenes than we would like, but the scenes we have had with Wang So-Hae Soo while not being romantic have shown how Hae Soo makes Wang So a better human being overall. And it has to be said that it is an adaptation, so the writer will try hard not to deviate too much from the source material - Granted, it is an atypical K-drama - there are so many potential second leads and so many kings it seems before Wang So. It is not by any means a perfect drama, but in my honest opinion, for the home audience, there will always be somethiing that they don't like about the drama, but as we can see with the different versions that many of us aren't happy about, you can only go so far to cater to people's tastes before you start to look and act crazy...

yep, since the beginning I don't why but it hasn't been well received by Kfans. I was also concerned at first about the reception and all, but then I became ecstatic since it is loved by a lot of international fans :) (I actually think that they made it this way since it is targeted more for international fans - idk with yg/nbc universal/BaramiBoonda Inc./GT Entertainment - they deviated from the traditional historical dramas) and yes I agree - it's unfortunate that they dwell too much time on Soo/Wook. I think they really sucked at dividing and pacing the plot. It feels a bit rushed now. However, I'm still happy that because of our different take/opinion on the drama - it gives us a broader and intellectual (wow) discussion of the show. 

• Like 14

woah maknae @fathiayunia that was loooongggg post to read Lol... but i choose option 3 even tho it won't suit the tragic story...

and few part of your post caught my attention tho...

52 minutes ago, fathiayunia said:

Having no other choice the evil people will try to assassinate Hae Soo(maybe because of Hae Soo, Wang So won't come to the queen chamber because he come to Hae Soo's chamber every night.. pfftt)

i bet he will... have no doubt on it :D

52 minutes ago, fathiayunia said:

If what you guys are saying is right about Wang So's and Hae Soo's love story being a parallel to the king's and Lady Oh's love story, then at some point Hae Soo wil be pregnant (kyaaaaa *praying to drama gods they're gonna show how sexy this gonna be*)

AMENNNNNN....... lololo

• Like 18

I don't know how but I have started to understand why Knetz prefer actors over idols. Like I can't take my eyes off YH when she is on screen. Her face looks so good from all angles. Same goes for Queen Yoo,Lady Oh, LJK, KHN, Beak Ha, Wang Jung etc. Their face looks good from ALL the angles. Even though I love Seo Hyun and think she is absolutely gorgeous but here she doesn't look all that good in some angles. And also IU or Exo guy their profile and looks aren't comparable to actor's aura. I always thought its richard simmons when I read Knetz comments about actors aura but have to agree now that I notice the difference too. :tears:

moonlovers2-00074.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.20.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%208.24.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.07.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.48.

2vWTsPI.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.59.

Seo HYun is so gorgeous as GG but her face looks off here.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2010.20.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2011.35.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2011.11.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-05%20at%2012.26.

• Like 20