[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Wow woke up this morning and saw the IU pictures, very excited. Even if they're doing this as a PR stunt, it doing very well to engage fans. I think the team should be happy that they found such a large international audience. Meanwhile, I've been listening to the Interstellar soundtrack (speaking of time travel) and updating Book II!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/8474035/chapters/19416754

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12219889/1/Escape-from-The-Palace-Book-II

Some reviews would be great, absolutely love hearing your thoughts. 

• Like 16

So I guess it's safe to say we will never ever ever EVER move on from ML, right ? Especially with our leads teasing us every week with those pics. Please give us that cut scene, I don't care if So remembers or not, I just want to see the two in modern clothes in the same frame, just for few seconds, and I'll die happily after that. 

• Like 18

ive been liking the past pages just this afternoon since i cannot comment a few hours ago for some reason, even im in my account.. anyways, so happy that IU spilled this footage to us... it gave us immense hope... they're giving in.. bwahahahahahaha... :w00t: they cannot ignore the clamor of fans around the world...

im not actually asking for season 2 since all the actors will have a hard time to be in it, and they really have to have a good writer to make it successful the second time around locally (since international fans will embrace it as well)... im only asking for special episode/s or a feature film (seen the ARRI article) and the DVD with all the bts and cut scenes... we'll just have to wait and see....

• Like 11

2 hours ago, hiluna said:

A spin off TV movie would be great, short and completes the epic love story but it has to have LJG and IU

yes that will give us peace of mind finally...

2 hours ago, valsava said:

Today is Monday no more MLSHR Oh how I wish this drama had 30 episodes Monday and Tuesday are not the same any more..:bawling:

i actually watched sbs at its timeslot hoping a surprise episode is waiting for us.. but we got a doctor (its funny since MLSHR ended, we all need treatment hahaha)

• Like 6

OMGOSH! Is it really going to be a feature film?? I love the idea even more than a second season. Pretty please!?!:lol:

EDIT: I just really hope this movie won't end with the (cliffhanger) handkerchief scene IU posted or that it's Ji Mong passing it onto her...:crazy::sweatingbullets: 

Until more specific news I want to share a video with you guys... lovely pics of the SoSoo family included.:wub:

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Someone need to translate this for us.

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/naver_view.htm?idxno=2016110718122392845

I don't know where can they find a slot to fix us with an ending like this. And don't let it worse by making the hand turns out to be Ji Mong's. I will be  :dizzy::dizzy:

if its jimong, they are really cruel... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6

Spoiler
2 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Note to self:

that's what happened when we believed that there will be a happy ending.. and they gave a literally happy piggyback scene.. not that im complaining, but im thirsting for more... hahaha

• Like 9

3 hours ago, moniw18 said:

WHOA! This thread really does move at a breakneck speed and so many pages YAY!! Which pleases me enormously - I hope all the actors are aware of this and feel a bit more vindicated!   

You have probably all talked about the final episode but I have only watched it this Sunday (trouble with internet AGAIN!) so I have to have my vent lol. Firstly, let me say that I have noticed a trend in all of the kdramas that no matter how the show ends people will always be unhappy.  So far I have been very lucky in that every drama that I have seen has given me some sort of closure and despite people's complaints etc I have always personally found comfort in the finales...that is, until now when I watched ep20 of SHR.  

I know I will sound totally childish and I accept this lol... but I desperately needed to have a satisfying ending, something comforting and to give me closure.  And yes for me that meant I REALLY REALLY needed for Wang So and Hae Soo to meet in the future to wipe away all the trauma they have gone through during their entire relationship in the Goryeo era.   Their love was tragic and doomed in so many ways because of the circumstances and time they found themselves in.  So many events that have occurred resulting in tragic events were beyond their control.  As the saying goes, sometimes you have to be "In the right time at the right place".....

The continued comments from Hae Soo that she wished she could have met Wang So at another time without all the other complications and just be free to love him gave me so much hope that they will give us this and of course Wang So's last comment that he will "find her".   I wasn't greedy, I just needed 5-10 seconds of them meeting and looking at each other without speaking a word and I would have been so happy.  Instead the last scene we got was of WS giving HS a piggyback ride which was cute but so missplaced, it didn't belong there.  I would have been happy for it to serve as another flashback but not to end the show.  In fact, for me the time between WS & HS once he became the King is not the time I want to remember.  Both of them had to endure so much, for different reasons. 

You should have seen me staring at my TV in disbelief when the show ended. I was in such denial and I was so sulky that I immediately thought that surely the international version will have a proper ending of them meeting... it was 3.30am but I sat and watched the whole episode again (the international version) but it ended the same and my heart was not appeased...

What made me furious was when I read some comments that apparently LJG filmed some scenes wearing modern clothing (or was that just LJG teasing us lol...). If that's really the case, if they really filmed it and the PD or Producer decided not to show it.... then I will have truly murderous intentions towards them lol...:angry: 

Also, when I logged in today I saw some pics of "missing scenes" (ie. "someone" handing a crying HS a handkerchief?) - is this for real? Honestly, I need to see an ending like this more than I need oxygen lol....

BTW - I'll have not choice but to write some fanfic to give myself some closure lol... It could go along the lines of HS bumping into WS in the gallery who happens to be visiting there with some members of his family on a family outing.  They didn't know why but they were  all drawn to the Goryeo exhibit.......WS (he could be a kindergarten teacher in this lifetime for something totally different lol...) introduces HS to his mum and dad (King Taejo & Court Lady Oh.  Court Lady Oh would smother WS with affection and fuss over him).  We could have Eun with Soon Deok and their kids giggling and running around the museum being totally naughty....Baek-ah with his wife Woo-Hee.... Jung with a girlfriend who'll be crazy about him .....etc.... etc....lol....  I would have loved to seen them all looking modern and trendy.  Even the "evil" characters could be re-invented to show that if they were living in another century with different opportunities they could've stayed decent and kind.  I know that an ending like that would have been totally unrealistic, pathetic and cliched lol but I don't care I'm a sucker for happy endings, pathetic as they may be lol...

Just to end this rant - let me say that I've read a lot of your comments and to people who have enjoyed the ending we got, I really admire you all for being good sports and for accepting this ending as open-ended. Good on you for not being a whinger like me lol...my only hope is to buy the DVD Director's cut and pray I will find some closure in some deleted scenes!

On a last note - thank you to all the actors for all of their hard work on this drama.  We loved this show, with flaws and all...and it will be a long time before we forget about WS & HS....

i am actually expecting this, just let them meet eye to eye, side by side, no dialogue... the end.. then we could move on... but the director decided we should not move on just yet, or he's just a bad guy...

i was in disbelief too and laughing at the ending, they literally did the "happy ending".... only to be traumatized and not watch the sub ep20 until this day..... :sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

3 hours ago, NitaA said:

Seems like not only the viewers are looking for closure. I wonder if LJK and IU are communicating and connecting out there and planning to give some closure to viewers and themselves (since they worked damn hard for scenes that ended up dead) with those cryptic messages.  

I read somewhere in Twitter that IU's fan meeting or concert or whatever in Taipe is scheduled for January 7, and JK's fan meeting was on Jan 20 but is moved to Jan 8th. Can chingu in Taipe confirm? Do they plan to make appearance in each other event and are still going on to promote the drama?

This is just driving me nuts,.... when will I be over it? Huuuu....hu....hu...... (now I even ship them IRL)..... going to the deep end......

i think they're going to be in each other concert/fans meeting as guest.... theyre cooking something with that info... hopefully we could see them do a duet...

• Like 12

3 hours ago, deabakdrama said:

That's would be good if both of them make appearance together...LJK looks really great with IU. As far the other co actress, None of them can match him 100% from in to out. Hehehe, that's my thoughts....

i think both of them wishing for happy ending, that's LGK gives "soon" and IU gives us " handkerchief ",. They are not toying us around, but LJK and IU are longing like us that WS and HS deserve happy ending...

or

LJG's "soon" - hope for a special MLSHR news..

LJE "handkerchief" - It wont happen... so wipe your tears...

bwahahahaha just joking...

but i believe in the power of FANS....... AJA!

• Like 17

Spoiler
4 hours ago, briseis said:

Considering that both Hae Soo and Jimong remember everything, Wang So should at some point remember as well. I mean if those painting triggered Soo's memory they should trigger his as well, shouldn't they? Or perhaps he already remembers. If we disregard the last 2,5 episode where the writer basically copy/paste/glued 80% of the original BBJX to the story, the whole story deviated from the original in almost all aspects, so while Yinzhen does not remember, Wang So should because just like the like their respective storylines, their personalities and motivations differ greatly. In the original novel/cdrama there WAS NOT no specific emphasis on the REMEMBERING/NOT FORGETTING SYMBOLISM WHILE EVERY EPISODE OF MOON LOVERS IS BASICALLY LITTERED WITH IT. It's also featured heavily in the ML OST - almost all songs have a reference to not forgetting and meeting in next life in their lyrics - something the cdrama didn't have.

tumblr_og8ucvaYOU1s8t96qo7_r1_540.pngtumblr_og8ucvaYOU1s8t96qo1_540.png

SBS has no ML special planned on their schedule today nor any other day this week.

IdpR5pn.png

i think WS as present will remember, he remembers or at least knows earlier than HS, and keeps on finding her to meet her since he's curious, but ends up acting like he doesnt know yet hahahaha (getting back at her somehow after the long wait)... anyway..... WS just cant stare at his own face (painting) and wonder why it looks like him... hahahahaha.... that will be a real departure from the sad ending of BBJX.. for me not remembering is sadder than dying...

• Like 16

1 hour ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

Thats very best way to use your skills and helping poor people like us...

But IS IT aunthicate source ? Can we trust IT ?

It is an older article so unless they already filmed enough for the spin-off as part of the movie project, I wouldn't hold my breath until they actually made an official announcement.

• Like 11

14 hours ago, penelop3 said:

Hahahaha.. that Subway scene is too much!
I guess, it will be difficult to pull a Subway scene with a Goryeo theme. Soo should've have made traditional Subway in Goryeo (complete with handmade cheese) to prepare for PPL in modern era. 

i really thought subway will be in the scene hahaha...

good thing its make up.. bad thing, they really make it too obvious...

• Like 5