[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, skxz said:

Scarlet Heart the only show that basically kills of it's whole cast.

I have been MIA for quite some time now and for a good reason. I seriously cannot bear what has happened and what is happening. I am just glad that tonight is the last episode and after this I can either finally get my life back or be miserable cause I will hate Monday's again.

wait!

Did you not realize its the story of how YH ascended the throne? :P

Heroine lives on!!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, mitheone said:

Just saw the preview and my heart will definitely be scarred by scarlet heart if they follow the same exact ending as BBJX...

Can I say that this is unfair?

She's never been worried about not having anyone by her side and perhaps that's why she's willing to take the plunge and leave the palace.  She knows that at least Jung will be by her side. But about our WS?  YH is by his side out of her greed for power. JM and BA are both men so I'm leaving them out of the equation. Despite his awful sideburns, at least Jung treats HS sincerely with love.  Arghhh. What has this drama done to me and my heart?

Unfair much. I'm not taking So's or Soo's sides, only sharing my thought.

Soo has all the princes lining up to defend her at the earlier episodes, plus Lady Hae, Lady Oh, and yes even CR. And even when she was doomed to the place where they no longer could reach her, ONE PRINCE made sure to always be there whenever she needed help (yes, even as water maid in Gyobang, the lowest place possible that Taejo thought would hinder her from the princes). From the day So fell for her, she had never been alone. He made sure to always be with her even when he just barely escaped from death (post-poison prison scene, anyone?). And when she finally released herself from his companion, she already has Jung who makes sure to accompany her until she dies. She may miss So everyday but at least she has Jung who loves and cares for her sincerely.

Now we have So, who came to the palace with nobody on his side. He was a lonely wolf who was left to defend himself. After all the hardship, he thought he had found the people he could trust and care for, the ones he called "his people". But the tragedy is that chance was given to him only to be robbed later. He was left by his people one after another, but still tried desperately to cling onto each of his person. We can see how he begged, apologized, and cried for those people to not leave him. He does everything he can to keep them. But they eventually leave him, for the reason that he thought would unify him with them: the throne. Now he is trapped in that seat alone, behind the walls of the palace with only death as a way out. None of the people he is being with sincerely loves him. He is existing but not living. He will spend the rest of his lifetime alone, regretting and blaming himself for not being able to protect his people, and that kind of lonely and regretful life is worse than death itself.

So gives the most but loses the most. He makes sure to always be there when his people need help. But when he needs one, they are nowhere to be found.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, Akiddo said:

Yes - you are right. The one that could have been, should have been, would have been. Doesn't mean one cannot be happy. I - for one - didn't marry the love of my life but married the one who loves me most. Life is much better off without being toxic to each other - it is a conscious choice that one makes in order to continue living. Guess this is 21st century love. :)

Yes, you can still happy and find a new love in a better situation. But the what if question sometimes appear once in a while, just a reminder, to make us realize how lucky we are now.

It is impossible for HS and WS to find their happiness in Goryeo era.

She is a 21st century girl with 21st century standard who fall in love with a man with Goryeo set of rules.

All I can hope is they will have their second chance to be happy even tho they will have to search for 1000 years to finally find each other ( so sad right now :tears:)

Oh, let it be a happy ending, writer, please :tears:

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, moon_nebula said:

I know probably 90% of the people here hate Hae Soo for hurting poor Wang So (or at least that is what I gather from all the posts), but I totally get where she is coming from. Sure, I feel sad for Wang So all the same, but I don’t think it’s fair to blame it all on Hae Soo. I have long accepted the fact that Hae Soo needs to leave the palace – for her sanity, for her health, for everyone’s happiness – and I truly believe it’s better for everyone. In a previous post I mentioned that Hae Soo and Wang So’s beliefs and values are very different; with such fundamental differences in values, it is hard to co-exist in a loving relationship. Hae Soo is too compassionate. Wang So is too cynical, too realistic. The two may love each other very much (and I still believe they do), but their personalities are actually way too extreme, on such far ends of the spectrum, that it’s hard to reach a middle ground where both can compromise.

I think the writer built So’s character up so much as a selfless loving character for Soo (he drank poison for her, defied the king for her, etc) that we felt like we were Soo and it is a blessing to be loved by a man who can love you so endlessly and unconditionally. However, we are all so entranced that we don’t realize it’s actually a curse in disguise. From the get-go we know that So’s perception of love and friendship is a bit different from others. He often throws phrases around like “you are my person” or “If it were any other man, I might have killed him”. He has always been possessive of those he considers his people, viewing them as something very precious to him. To him, it doesn’t really matter what happens to anyone else, as long as his people are okay and protected. What he fails to understand and internalize is that his people – Hae Soo and Baek Ah – also have people who are precious to them. When he makes his decisions to protect them, he doesn’t consider the impacts to the people that they find precious and the collateral damage that is a result of his decisions. This is very clear in his statement to Baek Ah when he confronts So about knowing Woo Hee’s plan – to him, Baek Ah will always be more important. Because he feels that way about you, you should in turn feel that way about him. In his world, nothing matters to him besides Soo and Baek Ah, so in their world, nothing should matter to them except for him. However, that’s not how most of the world operates, and not how most relationships/friendships work. As such, I can see why Baek Ah said what he said.

I feel like So never has a problem with emoting, but he definitely has a problem with empathy. Sometimes it is important to put yourself in others’ shoes, and consider how they feel before making a decision that will affect those that they care about. He almost has a my-decisions-are-the-best-for-you-so-why-don’t-you-appreciate-it attitude, like a parent who feels like they know best for their child. However he isn’t Soo’s father, and being in a relationship where they should be equals (what 21st century Soo is accustomed to), I can see this being a factor in pushing Soo further away. I also echo the sentiment of another poster (sorry forgot who), that So stopped openly communicating basically after he became King – which only amplifies the problems.

Some have been arguing that Wang So has tried everything he can to make the relationship work, but I still don’t really buy it. I think he is trying to make it work in his own terms, but still not really understanding Soo’s heart. I think the moment that he chose the throne was the moment that their relationship was doomed. Soo is the epitome of the opposite of the monarchy system. Her entire upbringing is geared towards democracy, human rights, equality. She’s a compassionate soul. The crown has to make some tough decisions, and ones that Soo will most definitely not agree with. Living in that environment will be the end of her. She’s already had to compromise so much of herself for So; I don’t agree with the statement that she didn’t try. I would like to reiterate the fact that it is okay to leave sometimes. In fact, sometimes it is much harder to let go, but it is the right thing to do, both for her, and for So. People change, circumstances change, and I don’t blame her for wanting to leave the toxic environment that is the palace. Call it self-preservation; call it preservation of the beautiful memories of their love…sometimes two people love each other and it still doesn’t work out. That’s life.

I thought the last scene with Soo saying goodbye to Baek Ah and Wook was bittersweet. Some people got really angry at the fact that she was all chummy with Wook, but I don’t really see it as a bad thing. Soo is not a person to hold grudges; plus Wook actually did kind of help her escape the palace, albeit his original intentions were not pure (he even admitted it, so good on him). Knowing that this is the last time she will see him, and wanting to end on a good note...I think it is understandable. Besides, the fact that she is able to say goodbye with a smile on her face proves that she really doesn’t have any feelings for him left. So, on the other hand…she still cares deeply for, and will miss dearly.

A few other random things I’d like to point out:

1)      When Yeon Hwa came to blame everything on Hae Soo – I was in disbelief. OF COURSE the evil princess b*tchface is going to dump all the blame on Soo and then dust her hands off and call it a day. Let’s throw in some fake tears too. Give me a break! How can Yeon Hwa not take any blame for Wook’s fall into the dark side when he had to gain ambition for the throne to save her richard simmons because she wanted to poison the crown prince??? I am going to be so angry if Yeon Hwa and Won don’t get what they deserve in the finale. That will be the one thing I look forward to.

2)      To be honest, I hate to admit it but Jung really is the one prince that could give Soo what she needs. Though I still find him annoying…but he will make her happy. Too bad she’s not in love with him (poor Jung, poor So, poor Soo). But the heart wants what the heart wants. His love and admiration for her is very pure.

3)      I find it a bit weird how the last straw for So was Wook’s admission to a previous relationship with Soo. For someone who cares so much about keeping Soo by his side, it is a bit weird that he chose that as his last straw. Soo even told him that there was someone else that she loved, and obviously she would have gotten over him by the time she accepted So, so why does it matter who she used to love? It’s not like she is still in love with him, and it’s not like she is asking to marry Wook now. I will never really quite understand the complicated mind of Wang So.

Time to brace myself for the finale :tears:

Truer words have never been spoken! I feel like So & Soo's breakup is an argument/separation/messy divorce any real couple can have.... You say things to hurt the other person, to make them feel as hurt as you are, but you still love them :(

• Like 12

41 minutes ago, junejungki said:

I think I will skip tonite's episode. I cant take it anymore. I just wait for recap tmrw

May be the same case for me... read all the recaps then watch it tomorrow night?!.. been postponing this mega event of watching finale... emm..

Btw... anyone here going for tonight's preview?  Please.. do share pics & vids k.  If you can.. hug him for me (hahahahahah! :glasses:) ... now back to sad mode :cry:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kdramawriter said:

Lols, I'm just extra "HaeSuOut" today because there's been a lot weird *ish being touted as a reasons for not leaving WS. It is never wrong to leave a bad relationship. That's my entire point. 

I'm agree with you chingu.

I've been in a very bad relationship before (but maybe couldn't compare with SoSoo situasion) so I understand Hae Soo. And I also understand Wang So at some points. So hopefully other chingus don't merely blame Hae Soo and Wang So. We've never been on their shoes, just love them both and wishes their happiness at any scenarios # my wish

• Like 8

i think people are not angry over HS leaving. i understand why she needed to leave. they are angry for her reasons and way to leave. i understand her suffocation, and i did like that she takes the decision to leave. but i am angry with her double standards against ws. she has so big and understanding heart that she understands or empathises with wrongdoings of everyone, but she does not like the justice served(because its cruel?....wtf***).

yes i feel bad for ws, and hs too(as hard it may sound). i do wish hs was explored much more like ws and her feelings were more apparent. i really felt for her in proposal scene. my heart went out to her. that time i wanted her to leave. it must have been so painful for her. but now i am angry with her. i dont know whether i hate or like hs?????? on one hand i do wish after leaving she forget ws and ws forget hs(and move on), while other me wishes that she misses ws and have little regret(and see ws in her last moment which btw is impossible as per preview). this drama has made me have some kind of disorder because i also feel two totally opposite emotions about same character.

• Like 11

Hello!

Just my quick  two cents after reading some criticisms of the drama as we come to a near end. 

Although many may complain about the drama, I can understand both the complaints and the compliments. The acting in general here and there was iffy for most of the supporting cast. But Lee Jun Ki definitely stole the show.

Hae Soo is a frustrating character, but probably only because it's 20 episodes which is not enough to understand the change of heart her character seemingly had in such a short period of time..whereas in the Chinese version, it flowed more naturally because there was more time to tell the store. If there was more time, I believe Hae Soo wouldn't be as frustrating. Still frustrating but not as much. Perhaps it's the scriptwriter or IU's portrayal of the character too..not saying she's a bad actress..just not a strong enough one to portray all the emotions that Hae Soo actually has for Wang So. Hae Soo, I feel has soo much love for him, that she tries to help prevent some things from happening because she's so afraid of him becoming what everyone feared of what he was capable of being before only that it made things worst. Again, at the rate that the plot is moving, there's too many gaps that don't provide enough framework for the audience to understand why she is the way she is and how she came to be that way which prevented us to see how her love for Wang So had grown. 

Wang So, all he really wanted was to be accepted and to be love. I just pity his character so much. He changed so much yet everyone keeps misunderstanding him and putting him in situations that makes him make unfavorable decisions. Junki, although this drama has it holes, I feel will be one of his most memorable career characters. There was so many dynamics with this character, and he portrayed them all so beautifully. The love he has for Hae Soo is undeniable. It's a strong, and passionate love. One that we didn't have enough time to really see get reciprocated back. He had so much love for his brothers, especially Baek Ha, but to lose him in a battle for loyalty from their people was saddening to watch. 

Wang Wook, it was sad to see him in the falcon scene and final scene with Hae Soo because we're reminded that although blinded with greed and rage...he still can be the Wook we all fell for at the beginning. But also the great source as to why we're so frustrated with Hae Soo because as other have pointed out. In the end, when it comes down to it...it keeps seeing like her heart will always think of Wook first at times causing her to not understand Wang So. 

WooAh Couple, I cried though really. It was befitting end though for the couple to be honest. You know they couldn't be fully happy together because there's too much negative history involving their families. WooHee till the end, chose to die so that her people and Baek Ha wouldn't suffer. Baek Ha has always been the one who showed more affections towards her and always the one more willing to protect. As her final act, she aimed to protect him and her people. It was bittersweet. Baek Ha although loving his brother and as before, being the understanding one, choose to leave which definitely couldn't be easy especially when he played such a big role in trying to include Wang So again into the family. Romeo and Juliet in dead. 

• Like 7

Mee too, in her last letter HS will tell WS about her true come from, then Ji Mong will explain him there are possibility she will come back to the future after her died in Goryeo, WS will dedicate himself to make better place for HS to live on.. He will left his feeling in some piece of art which HS will understand and see in the future.. 

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 21

OMG....OMG... Just watch the episode 19 :bawling::bawling:

i watched in office and should continue the watching in the rest room because i will cry ...oo... what MLSHR do to me :frown::grin:

the most evil is WOOK.... he should died in pain... but he's been forgiven and got HS gratitude.... OMG

heart break from start to the end in the 19 episode.
* WS sent baek ah based on wook sugesstion
i can't hold my tears when woo hee died... and i blame WOOK for this
WH already make a deal with the king to save baek ah and save the people of hubaekje, since the king know that baek ah not capable in army but he has to send baek ah per WOOK suggestion... so he just make a deal with WH... DAMN YOU WOOK.... baek ah don't leave :(( so sad

* jung, i think he brave enough to meet WS and show decree from the late king... even jung show the decree WS still won't allow HS leave the palace

* Queen Yeonhwa... i hate her... hate her.. hate her..:angry::angry:
but she has 5 children from the king.... OMG...:bawling:
she blame HS for WOOK's changes and his greed for the throne, i think she just took the blame to HS since she has betrayed her family to keep the throne for her heir.

the most heartbreaking part
when WS know about the relationship between HS and wook. He prefered that HS tell the lie and said that wook was lying OMG... poor WS..:bawling:... And HS answer, we should not lie to each other (but why you lie about eun OMG).
I know he must hurt badly...:bawling:.. since HS beg for wook's forgiveness knowing that wook was mastermind of all bad thing happen to WS and his relationship with HS and his brothers. But i think what HS intention because she want WS allow her to leave the palace and forget about her. Even when jung ask to marry HS with late king decree, WS still insist to keep her in the palace. But when he knew about wook and HS... he feel betrayed... wook is the most evil and ruin everything that WS love.

sometime when you're in love and have to break-up, you need to give an excuse, the excuse is to make your bf/gf hate you... eventhough both party will get hurt...but it's the only way that make sense for her at that time.
HS give an excuse to WS to let her leave the palace by hating her because her relationship with wook. (maybe that's why HS show her gratitude to wook... for making WS hate her and hopefully WS can move on and be a good king) ... even though she also feel hurt...

Maybe this is the best way to make WS get stronger and be a good king, since HS might be his weakness and as far as i know she can interfere the king's judgement based on 21st morality that she keep which might not appropriate to be implemented in goryeo yet...

but still it is so sad to see WS :bawling: be healthy king... enjoy your life, falling in love again and keep handsome :heart:

ok.. I'm done now.. need to watch the running man :glasses:

• Like 18

14 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Ok I give up. So many comments about HS. What happens to Woo Hee. I cannot find any specifics. 

And I stopped watching 5 episodes ago. Too painful. So I need to ask- what wedding dress? And why does she have one?

And YH and WS slept together?

You guys have fortitude. I stopped watching once the dying started. BBJX was bad enough. 

Woohee was adopted by a goryeo clansman so that she could marry baekah but her people (hubaekje) were rebelling because of the harsh conditions they face and woohee was upset that her people were dying. Plus cause the hubaekje people we staging a coup and there was disagreement between the clansmen and the hubaekje people, wang so was forced to send baekah to war even though baekah can't fight (by the order or won and wook). To save baekah and her people woohee negotiates with so to give her people better conditions and kills herself before the fight started so that she, the last princess of hubaekje would pay for the crimes of her ancestors with her life for the better of her people as well as to prevent baekah from having to fight. 

Wang so slept with yeonhwa because she decided to betray her brother and family for a son with him.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, hobeverly1212 said:

In the preview, what I felt Jung should have done was to get to WS thru BA and not by writing WS a letter or better still, go to the palace and tell WS himself. Jung should have known that WS would never read his letters. Perhaps by going thru BA, WS would have had the chance of seeing HS one last time in this lifetime. Of cos, it seems like it was never meant to be.  Jung may have married her in name only so that she could leave the palace, but I'm sure Jung knows that he will never have her love the way she loved WS. Im sure in the 2 yrs or so she spent with Jung as his so-called wife, he knew that she was never truly happy under that facade of smiles and laughter. He knew that she was still pining for and loving WS and would continue so even in death.  

I agree with you.  Jung was all carefree going in and out of the palace despite being exiled.  

Jungdoesntcare_zpsqjvxck6g.png

But did he go and confront WS how much HS misses him?  NO!

And BA, when Jung made this comment:

Jungtodie_zpstxpx1zzf.png

What did he do?

BAnotsaying_zps9eyouwa1.png

He just smiled. Like really?  Aren't you going to say something and defend WS?  You know that WS didn't want you to leave his side.  You said you understood that the clansmen kept pressuring WS about Baekja and Silla people but why did you keep quiet?  Did you get tired of looking at Jung's sideburns and decided that you won't be bothered to explain? Did you get tired of trying to reason with Jung not to blame WS but he's just too ignorant just like his sideburns?  Arghhh.  I.DON'T.UNDERSTAND.THESE.PEOPLE.

• Like 22

Looking at tonight's preview...  Ok , so it will abide with C-version ending after all.  

Spoiler

I can't remember but i think C-version ended with Ruoxi going back to present and it was all a dream. And obviously there's some chance meeting of Ruoxi and 4th in the present and the drama ends.  Correct or not, fellow C-version viewers ? 

Also, right from the start I really doubt K-version was allowed to divert from the milestones of the original drama/novel plot, to be honest. So i did wonder why everyone is screaming bloody murder that WS & HS romance tanked.  The production would already have paid substantial $ to get the rights to use the script and there are contractual guidelines of what can be changed. If i'm the writer or rights owner, i won't allow someone to massacre my creation frankly. Versioning... eg. Chinese dynasty to Koryeo dynasty for sake of better relevance , ok. Main characters ending up when my original ones didn't, is not a mere meandering from plot. If K-version really manage to do it, then i hope the rights owners get paid enough for it ('losing my plot integrity' in REM style).

So if Ryeo follows through that C-version way, it's ok... it's up to to modern times for WS & HS to have a better go at it. Fans can continue to lament on the doomed period love, and fantasize, dream about the couple walking off in the sunset hand in hand, in 2017. 

Also, then the producers can try to scramble for enough budget to build up to decent Season 2 hopefully. With LJK 's popularity , they should still be able to secure Chinese investors , not sure about Universal's since Korea rating was dismal for shows with sky-high expectation baggage. But with Chinese online viewing as priority, that production may take on more complications to meet broadcast requirements there. No 'live by the rating' scripting scramble any more.  

I sincerely don't wish for Season 2. It usually falls flat , burdened by fan expectations and the writing becomes sub-standard , strained. Final product just ends up being a medium to fan commercial interests. Case in point,  C-version Season 2 was hopeless. Start with a fresh drawing board & plot on the green, please.

Personally , i always appreciate the hard fact the dice don't always end up , landing on the bountiful face of 6.  If the producers of Ryeo don't package the ending with a nice tidy bow, i'm OK. GUD. Finito. 

• Like 8

I understand that some are quite upset with HaeSoo and her "selfish" decisions to leave Wang So. But is she really that selfish? From what I can see is that HaeSoo is a selfless person in the first half of the drama, where she is concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with her own, and tries to continue to be this way during the latter half of the drama. If I remembered correctly, HaeSoo did tell Jimong that the reason why she's endured and waited for so long was because she wanted to live a happy life (this part is where she's not being selfless anymore and actually wanting something for her own self. Some may considered this a selfish act but she probably deserves to be a bit selfish here, considering all that she had gone through.) Unfortunately, her selflessness at the beginning didn't do her much good. It had turned against her, where the princes started to fight against each other, then everyone died because of what she told Wang Wook and etc. (as YH had so-called claimed in yesterday's episode 19).  One thing we need to remember is that HaeSoo is going to DIE!!!! She's not going to have a long life and clearly from the preview of Ep20, she won't even last 10 years!

Yes, some may say that she should just spend the rest of her remaining life with Wang So while she still can (is this not being selfish as well if she did), however, if you look back at yesterday's episode and the previous ones, clearly Yeon Hwa (I hope I got her name correct. :sweatingbullets:) has given HaeSoo some sort of reality check and confrontation that all deaths were caused by HaeSoo's interference. This is a major blow for HaeSoo after her friend, Chae Ryung's, death.  HaeSoo started to blame herself for all that has happened and with all this blame (that YH had said to her :angry:), HaeSoo just couldn't endure it anymore and needs to muster the courage to leave her love, Wang So, to prevent any further casualties (which I think it's a bit too late since most of them died already. LOL).  Probably what hurts her even more is that she cannot speed her remaining days with Wang So just a bit longer as she had wished.

14721560_1125362767570998_39909339346189

So clearly, we can't solely blame HaeSoo as Wang So needs to take some responsibility as well. He may say that all the things he did was to protect HaeSoo so that they can be together, and to avenge his dead brothers. If I were to analyse this, I think his aim for revenge is greater than his aim to protect HaeSoo and their love.  If not, then why would he be so determined to make everyone pay for their wrongdoings towards him. Some may not agree with me on this, but that is clearly an indication that Wang So is far more selfish than HaeSoo herself. But it's understandable at the same time given that he has not been treated well from the beginning (when he was just a kid) and the baggage he has to carry. LOL I think most of the characters in this drama are selfish. 

As others have mentioned before (sorry, I cannot quote all of you), COMMUNICATION is the key to a better relationship!!! But clearly, the characters failed to do so --> HaeSoo to Wang Wook, HaeSoo to Wang So, Baek Ah to Woo Hee, and vice versa. All this led to the all heartbreaking episodes including tonight's. The problem with the miscommunication is mainly because HaeSoo is not from that era (the time travelling), so all the actions in this drama was illogical to begin with, which made all of us frustrated up to this point in time. Talk about a roller coaster ride. Great entertainment, right? LOL What have we got ourselves into? The preview of episode 20 (tonight's episode) made me tear up just from Wang So screaming "Soo-ah!!!!" while scrunching up the letter. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Sorry for the long post!! I shall cry in my office tonight while watching the live episode. Take everyone! :tears:

• Like 13

Woke up, saw the preview in instagram. d*mn instagram keep replaying..

All I understood was "Do you hate me that much?"

I was like, he should be, he should.. but why is my eyes flooding with tears. It struck like hell desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gifdespite of her richard simmons up trust fiasco on WS it's so crazy-richard simmons that I'm still holding on tight that she truly does love Wang So. I'm a nut-job, SCREW MY LIFE!

then the letters sinked in, her drawing.. for a girl who only knows how to stroke an emoticon. How in the world did she drew him well, how much is she thinking of him, his face to remember and drew damn well enough to recognize it was WANG SO? However it's Wang So the one she drew and not the unmasked face of his.

---

CAN WE JUST SNATCH WANG SO AWAY FROM THE PALACE?

Jesus, I feel like.. I'm going to cry buckets tomorrow for Wang So more so LJG

depressed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 14