[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

9 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Photo published for [메이킹] 차라리 만나지 말 것을...그러면 이토록 그리울 일도 없었을텐데..아쉬운 마지막 인사!

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1210992?spi_ref=m_tvcast_twitter

=================

Nam Joo Hyuk shares thoughts on 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' coming to an end

By yckim124 

Nam Joo Hyuk revealed his thoughts on his SBS drama 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' coming to an end soon!

On October 31, YG Entertainment shared the actor's final thoughts on his behalf with, "'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' was a production that was made with a great director, scriptwriter, actors, staff, and everyone. Those 6-months of living as Baek Ah was real happiness. There were difficulties because it was my first historical drama, but I always had fun with the brothers. Especially the scenes with all the princes. We played around a lot and became very close." 

Nam Joo Hyuk also shared a comment about watching drama whose filming was completed entirely beforehand. He said, "I missed the drama set a lot while watching the broadcast. I also became one of the viewers and shared the sorrow when I watched my brothers die one by one. It's going to be another drama that I will never forget. I hope there will be a time for us brothers to reunite soon."

The last episode of 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' will be airing November 1.

Allkpop

This show has a lot of faults but one of the things it did right is with the cast! Seriously, I have never seen a more tight-knit group of actors before!

They all seem to have a great bond with each other due to this show. :heart: It gives us fans so much joy to see them (the characters+actors) being together and happy at-least offscreen! :P

• Like 13

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, butterflysaga said:

I don't even know why is he posted this vid instead of consoling us?

Joon Gi'ssi what we need is... your personal selfie-recording saying to us that everything will be fine.. then hugs us virtually. Is that too much to ask for!? :tears:

with flying opinions regarding POV of both HS and WS, this is to remind us how they love each other, and it will be til the end.. the regret that the characters might feel during the last episode cannot be compared with the love the characters have with each other.. even they have to go over again and go through pain, they will love........... onto 21 st century.. hahah

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

It's not a single mistake. It's his entire attitude since he's become king. I've said in earlier posts already. Since she's become his woman, her world has become limited and her freedoms taken away. She did initially because she thought that being without him would be worse. As it turns out, being bound to someone who doesn't understand her is much worse. 

I beg to differ, but HS's world has been like that the minute she enter Goyreo.  Her position was way worse than before WS became king.  She was forced to married the king & almost killed herself.  She was framed, severely punished & almost executed.  Lady Oh died in her place.  Then she was demoted to a water maid for 2 years & endured extreme labor.  She was lifeless.  Her life became slighty happier when WS helped WM ascended to the throne.  Then HS's beloved Wook masterminded WM's death, Yo became king & HS partly responsible for Eun & DS's death.  HS ended up serving Yo while WS was away for 2 years.  So to say that her life has become limited & her freedom taken away after becoming WS's woman is a little harsh on WS's behalf.  

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

Sorry don't think so. GJ is definitely WS, but evolved to be much more ruthless. The moment when GJ told HS that she actually suggested a better torture for Wook (to be imprisoned in his home and to let his heart rot) for the rest of his life, his face turned totally evil. And that's when HS realized that GJ wasn't the person she fell in love with (WS). 

Gwangjong is Wang So and vice versa. His character development went from ruthless to learning how to love and then back to ruthless. In the end, he didn't change, his cruelty was just magnified. But all his actions were rationalized. Even if the end results weren't favorable, we all know he tried to think of better and lighter ways to deal with the problem (eg Letting Chae Ryung free, making a deal with Woo Hee, not taking Wook's life). In this regard, there was still the sympathetic Wang So somewhere in that Gwangjong facade, although it was just barely hanging on.

But you are right. That's not the person she fell in love with. The Wang So she fell in love with was the Wang So she created; the one who she taught how to love. She's never going to get him back, because he was pushed to the edge. If anything else, her death will cement the death of her Wang So and the ultimate rise of Gwangjong. 

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Just in case we all end up dead after episode 20 :P (hopefully not)… I want to thank all of you and say that I don't regret the time spent in this thread. =) I have my issues with the writing sometimes but I don't regret watching the drama because I got to know the lovely cast and we have spent good moments here and survived many hardships together. I entered this thread around page 30 (almost 6 months ago). I was running away of the prejudice and negativism of other sites. :sweatingbullets: We were few at that time and we slowly tried to build a good community. I am happy that we succeeded in that. We don't always agree but we have always respected each other's opinions as well as the actors and that's beautiful. We will go back to our real life (that's a good thing) but hope we can meet in the future. ;)

I do hope we get out of this drama alive :lol:. But I just want to say thank you for welcoming me to this thread. Same as you, I also running away of the prejudice and negativism of other sites. I really enjoy this drama even tho sometimes it drives me mad (or cry like crazy) and happy I can share my obsession with people who really care. I do hope we can enjoy and discuss another great drama in the future :).

Right now, I want to enjoy the last episode of my beautiful Wang So :wub:. I am gonna cry like crazy tonight.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, paldia said:

Is GJ actually smelling the letter HS wrote? 

Not sure, the preview's scene was pretty fast.

But I wouldn't doubt that he did inhale the scent of the letter.  When you have ultimately lost someone dear to you, it makes you desperate to find any traces of them. Be it scent, sound, touch, taste or visual. 

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, ilovecoffeeandbooks said:

So who thinks GJ was getting that portrait done to hang in Wook's house. You know, "I'm ALWAYS watching you."

hahaha,,, that would be pure torture aside from house arrest... haha

Spoiler
1 minute ago, enigmaticangel said:

Can we all talk about this one particular scene in that preview that make me hard to move on from the preview..:bawling:

Untitled_1.gif

This is face of the man who was loathed by everyone in Goryeo, the face which was even hated by the person to whom it belongs .The mark on the face distanced everyone around him, made him crave for love , the mark - which started everything..

I don't know know why but this particular scene depicts PUREST FORM OF LOVE ever!

Even at MOST DIFFICULT TIME ALL SHE THINKS ABOUT IS "THAT" FACE  of the man whom everyone abandoned except her..!

Remember Eun's Birthday..everyone turned their face from seeing the scar, Yo even made fun of it, even his strongest supporter Beak Ah turned  away but it was only HER who accepted him even at his MOST VULNERABLE STATE EVER!! :tears:

This scene tells about the HS's craving to see THAT face , The person who supported her like a pillar of strength , who drank poison for her and what not?!

She accepted him for who he WAS and still love THAT vulnerable man who WAS,IS and WILL ALWAYS BE everything for HER!!

YES She misses him so damn much..She miss the most vulnerable yet so brave Wang So ..omg!!:tears:

and it was painted in a stone.... hmmm im getting the idea that she'll see it on the 21st century...

she missed the masked WS. and not the King... omo...

• Like 16

1 minute ago, ceda209 said:

I beg to differ, but HS's world has been like that the minute she enter Goyreo.  Her position was way worse than before WS became king.  She was forced to married the king & almost killed herself.  She was framed, severely punished & almost executed.  Lady Oh died in her place.  Then she was demoted to a water maid for 2 years & endured extreme labor.  She was lifeless.  Her life became slighty happier when WS helped WM ascended to the throne.  Then HS's beloved Wooked masterminded WM's death, Yo became king & HS partly responsible for Eun & DS's death.  HS ended up serving Yo while WS was away for 2 years.  So to say that her life has become limited & her freedom taken away after becoming WS's woman is a little harsh on WS's behalf.  

I really don't care if I'm being harsh on WS because half of fandom seems to be forever apologizing for him. The simple fact is that when she became his woman, she had to obey his decrees because he is not longer a prince, he is a king. There is a complete disruption of their power dynamic; they are no longer equals. He cannot/will not share information with her under the guise of protection. This is all part of patriarchy; which informs us that Daddy is taking care of us so we shouldn't worry our pretty little heads about it. Even though HS agreed to be in the palace to be close to Wang So, this arrangement does not work for her for long.

She says to WH: "I feel like a doll waiting for its master to come home." <-- this is already pointing to the vast differences in their relationship. She no longer has control. He has all the control. She has no purpose. He's the reason for her living. Again, this is simply not enough for any person, to solely exist for another person's comfort? She might have promised him comfort, but she had no idea that he was evolving so quickly into the ruthless GJ. 

Lemme hammer in these three things he said to her again that are distinct parts of the patriarchy: 

1. You cannot see anyone without my permission - He says this to her when Queen Yoo summons her. 

2. You should not try to get to know everything - He says this to her on their cute writing date

3. You should have children - Also on the cute writing date

You can argue that the first is for her protection, but it also EASILY leads into a situation where she's held hostage in the palace (which is pretty much true for her already since he won't let her go. Again, kinda of the definition of a hostage situation).

No 2 is WS being patriarchal - deciding what HS gets to know so that she doesn't get any ideas about leaving him (also under the guise of protection).

No 3 - Having children would ultimately cement their relationship, HS would be bound to him forever. 

These are all forms of control. That you choose to see it as protection is your own bag. 

• Like 19

53 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

Sorry don't think so. GJ is definitely WS, but evolved to be much more ruthless. The moment when GJ told HS that she actually suggested a better torture for Wook (to be imprisoned in his home and to let his heart rot) for the rest of his life, his face turned totally evil. And that's when HS realized that GJ wasn't the person she fell in love with (WS). 

From my view, So remains the same. He has been ruthless from the beginning. He was also smiling like that when he wiped out those monks. It was HS who then finally came to realise this enormous weight of So dark side. She has been trying to justify all So's action up until now, but only when she saw So's capable of dismissing every single soul including the ones that she cared about, CR/Jung/Wook, she realised how cruel he could be. I believe Lee Ji Eun is more than capable to deliver this, I am disappointed I feel her parts were not properly captured/portrayed, while everything had been perfect for me since ep.1

Anyway on a lighter note, we should be grateful for the baseball fiasco, shouldn't we :sweatingbullets: I couldn't bear if I had to wait 7 days for this to end. There, I could rest my mind in peace tomorrow. ^_^ I have to admit this is one brilliant show, my heart is screwed and my brain is wrecked. But good job, Scarlet Heart.

• Like 12

Is Wook really favored that much by the writer? I mean you know.. aside from YH, Queen Hwangbo and WS ofc Won.. only Baek Ah came to know his sinister deeds even before Baek Ah tried to defend him shitty right? and now just look how Baek Ah resent him :angry: I just really can't accept the fact that he's walking away with a hero cape on. And what? The guts to say "Think only of the future?" Is tomorrow that's full of longing with the love of your life a future worth looking forward to? Who played a huge part to that? mind answering me "HERO"? What's more enraging is he still a coward until the end, dude got no balls to spill everything and forget forgiveness, but feel sorry? woaaa just woaah :mellow:

As much as I hate the idea of WS consummating YH, I did wish that YH will screw him off. It could've been a complete pleasure when she stabbed her brother at the back but you know she still cares for Wook :huh: so I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I adore Won for throwing him off the bus without any sort of guilty conscience or emotions. That's the way to deal a snake.

I won't come clean with this.. I hate Wook to pluto and back.

• Like 11