[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

1 hour ago, ziggy123 said:

I know after this episode almost everyone hates gj but i actually loved him even more because he was so ruthless in delivering punishment to wook. This episode did not redeem wook at all for me.

BTW i just love ruthless evil character which is why i love gj.

I don't hate GJ lol, his character is still consistent since eps 1 and I still can understand him better than Soo all along. Really need Soo's voiceover desperately.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Coming in here this morning and reading the comments was like walking into a big family angst fest over a very, very, heartbreaking, extremely messy divorce. :tears: Everyone lining up to take sides... 

And the preview... So... someone give the man a hug already. Su... hope she finds her her way back to our time.

Those two... I really hope they leave Goryeo hell soon.

Yes that is true LOL. There are at least 2 teams right now, Team Wang So and Team Hae Soo.

This is painful :tears:

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

In Ruo Xi's heart, there is no emperor, only the 4th Prince who has stolen my soul.  We love, we miss, we don't meet..Everyday, I wait for your arrival

I don't get this. What is she expecting? Wang So instead of Gwangjong? What? He goes and meets her before she dies so she can ask him for his forgiveness for loving one part of him but not the other? They love, they miss, they don't meet all because it's her fault she ended things the way she did.  

• Like 10

Just saw the preview and my heart will definitely be scarred by scarlet heart if they follow the same exact ending as BBJX...

Can I say that this is unfair?

tumblr_odgcvjkdzV1qfakbgo2_500.gif

She's never been worried about not having anyone by her side and perhaps that's why she's willing to take the plunge and leave the palace.  She knows that at least Jung will be by her side. But about our WS?  YH is by his side out of her greed for power. JM and BA are both men so I'm leaving them out of the equation. Despite his awful sideburns, at least Jung treats HS sincerely with love.  Arghhh. What has this drama done to me and my heart?

gif%201_zps5uk0gjnr.gif 

• Like 15

If I had not met him, I would not yearn for him.
If I didn’t meet him, I wouldn’t keep thinking about him.
If we were not together, I would not have to disappear.
If I did not treasure him, I would not have all these memories.
If I didn’t love him, we wouldn’t have to throw each other away.
If we had not been face to face, we would not have to throw each other away
Perhaps… if I had not met you at all.

i'm fine

i'm really fine

yes... i lied again

• Like 13

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

As it is, there are many things in this drama that is not coinciding with history already. Some other friends have kindly provided more historical background on Goryeo many pages back. One example is that the Hae clan is non-existent. Another is that WS and WW are very close and have good relationship. (Correct me if I'm wrong, those who know the historical facts well)

Ofcourse it can go in any direction... but i have my reservations against expecting major plotlines to deviate from actual history.. aka YH punishment in the form you mention... because well she was alive and queen.. with a prosperous life for a long long time

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

Why, Baek Ah?

Why were you created so perfectly...and given such a sh*tty life?

To watch the woman you LOVED fall in love with and marry your brother..... knowing he DIDN'T even love her back...then having her tragically die...wasn't enough...

Then you were given a second chance at love with a beautiful princess.... just to watch her kill herself as you begged her not to.....

You deserved so much better!!!

he managed to look so good with tears falling...

intermezo..."baek ah"... in indonesian slang words means.. "i'm fine" or "so kind"

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, vwj1 said:

I don't get this. What is she expecting? Wang So instead of Gwangjong? What? He goes and meets her before she dies so she can ask him for his forgiveness for loving one part of him but not the other?

I haven't watched the C-version so I can't fathom a guess as to what Ruo Xi wanted from a last meeting with the Emperor. For HS, I don't think it's forgiveness she wants, but merely a chance to say goodbye. 

• Like 7

I think the inherent problem with this show is that the script was compacted to the point that it no longer makes sense. I think if we had another 4 episodes, the characters would have more room to breathe, events could be properly organized and explained with arcs and development instead of a bunch of ranty, crazy kings and lots of dead people and characters acting ways we don't understand. Every time the drama did a time jump I wanted to yell at the screen writer. Because in those years that we skipped over, we got to see boys like 10 and 14 grow into men, we got to see Ruoxi mature from a headstrong modern time traveler into a mature woman, we got to see her puppy love 8 but then fall in love with 4, we got to see their relationship develop in meaningful ways, we got to see them grow together, give strength to each other, we got to see 4 fall deeper and deeper in love with Ruoxi and as viewers and readers, we understood why they have to be together, why they can't live without each other. 

It feels like the writer doesn't know how to build logical developments and handle a large cast of characters. We didn't see their relationships develop, it was more like: BAM, So loves Soo, BAM she suddenly loves him back(???), BAM Baek Ah loves Woohee, BAM somehow Woohee has become super tight with Soo. I thought the only arc that they really pulled off well was the whole poison/Oh sang-gung/Soo and Wook breakup. When none of the process is shown and explained, of course people are going to doubt Soo's love for So. But knowing how she cried and suffered and waited and tried to protect him in her own way, knowing it's all there in all of their intervening years together, just not shown to us, I feel sad for what this show could have been.

I'm also disappointed with how Wook turned out to be, as a character. In the book, he was never outright "evil" or allied with "evil" forces plotting evil things persay, but he was ambitious and noble in character and he made a grab for the throne while doing what he thought was right. I was disappointed when they decided to go Dark Wook because that just felt cheap and easy when the relationships and characters in the original were so layered and subtle. At the end of the book, when 8 tells 4 about Ruoxi, (and somebody correct me if I'm wrong) but it was after he heard from 14 that Ruoxi was trying to leave that he went and told 4 about everything that happened in their relationship because he thought it was what Ruoxi wanted, to leave the palace, and he thought it would be the only way for 4 to let her go. While in this version???

Also, I keep thinking what an awesome drama this would be if Yeonhwa had been a cool second female lead. Someone who is noble and proud, someone who puts her family first, forced into a political marriage but upholds her principles, sympathetic, relatable, queen-like. Why doesn't K-drama ever do supporting female characters like this?

What made the original fun was all the subtleties and delicacies in their relationships, and how our OTP's relationship was built stone by stone on a solid foundation, which makes the crumble all the more heart-wrenching. But since all of that is left out in this version, all that's left for viewers to feel is anger and bewilderment at the turn of events. But it's not supposed to be that way. We're supposed to be cursing fate, not the writer, which means the writer has failed. Majorly.

Me saying this doesn't mean I don't appreciate this show or anything like that. I think Lee Joon Gi's wounded animal take on Gwangjong is fascinating. I'm just blaming the screenwriter and whoever edited these 20 episodes. Because I really want to see all the stuff that's been edited out and discarded on the cutting room floor.

• Like 20

I am honestly surprised how good looking and perfect NJH featues are..

When i watched school 2015, i actually dropped it because of him because a) he looked old compared to others B) Not so handsome

THEN cheese happens.. and i was drawn to it.. and noticed he is appealing..

BUT here.. maybe this hairdo works or whatever.. the man has near perfect looks as a lot of books would have it..

The sharp nose, big eyes, perfect oval face.. and the lips ( nt thin not overly luscious.. they are just perfect like rose buds :P )

• Like 3

After reading 20+ pages here, I think I'm going to sit out ep 19. I love both of these characters too much to take sides and I'm afraid I will leave the series with a bitter feeling toward both. Though it may be a "life lesson" I can't and won't watch YH's victory lap at the expense of all that's good in this story. Call me a fair weathered fan.... I actually found quite a bit of relief reading the book. The nuance and subtleties of love, regret, resignation and longing are so beautifully spelled out in the written word..

• Like 13

Not sure someone already mentioned this: In this whole drama series, Won is the worst. He is way worse than C-version 9th prince. If you watch carefully, he is the one who initiates all the treasons and events done by WY, WW and finally now WS. He is a leech and two-faced demon. I really wish him get tortured death (pulled apart by five horses or worse than that)!!! 

WWon gave up Wook to GJ to frame him for dead Hawk. Won is the one who caused misunderstanding between WM and WS, leading WS needing to drink poisoned tea intended for WM. Won is the one who actually put Mercury in the bath of WM. He is also the one who caused harm to HS (shot by arrow) by encouraging WY to tighten his reign on WS. He is also the one who gave suggestion to Wook to get rid of Baek-Ah through WH. Finally, he was the main reason CR died and he wasn't even sad about her death. The only death that did not relate to WWon was Eun and Sondok. 

Ghrr...ghrr...I really want him to get painful death. According to history, he did not die till later part of GJ reign as his sons were already holding high governmental offices.

• Like 20

30 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:
30 minutes ago, ShaiKeun said:

Sorry eclipsers but, it is so unfair to bash or hate Soo. You never know how much she loves So and you are only making analysis out of your own emotion. Try to analyse the feeling of Soo too. You just don't know how guilt can eat a person alive. You must understand how she feels. Actually, in this drama, Soo is the victim and the most pityfull character. She never asked to be transported in that era.  Then, she was caught up between the relationships of the wang brothers.  She fell in-love first to wook and unexpectedly, she falls deeply in-love to So. How does it feels that because of you, you are the cause of  the fights between brothers and ready to kill each other? 

My heart goes with So but more with Soo. Not because I am a woman but because I understand how hard it is for her to handle everything. Technically, she is alone in this fight. 

Sorry eclipsers but, it is so unfair to bash or hate Soo. You never know how much she loves So and you are only making analysis out of your own emotion. Try to analyse the feeling of Soo too. You just don't know how guilt can eat a person alive. You must understand how she feels. Actually, in this drama, Soo is the victim and the most pityfull character. She never asked to be transported in that era.  Then, she was caught up between the relationships of the wang brothers.  She fell in-love first to wook and unexpectedly, she falls deeply in-love to So. How does it feels that because of you, you are the cause of  the fights between brothers and ready to kill each other? 

My heart goes with So but more with Soo. Not because I am a woman but because I understand how hard it is for her to handle everything. Technically, she is alone in this fight. 

You are right – I think people are being very harsh to Soo. She was the first person other than Baek Ah and Ji Mong to treat So as a flesh-and-blood person, not as some scary wild animal. And we might not be able to get behind it, but she's essentially asked him not to lash out in anger and kill everyone who’d gotten in his way – meeting the expectations of people who expect him to behave like a wild animal. Wook was undoubtedly her first love (we know how those go in K-dramas ☺☺ ) and being angry that she loved Wook is almost like a boyfriend getting upset with you that you've been in other serious relationships before. And we also have to remember that as the audience, we are essentially omniscient – we know who the bad guy is. Soo the character sadly only has her eyes and ears for confirmation of anything...

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, kdramawriter said:

The more I think about it, the more I began to understand why WS dumped Hae Su over Wook. He's already said before in Ep 8 that he did not believe in different types of affection, and that all love is the same. So when it's revealed that Hae Su was engaged to Wook before, it is a devastating blow to him. He's incredibly emotionally immature; blame that on Mama Yoo. This is a man who killed a temple full of monks just to get mother's attention. To say he's a little warped when it comes relationship is kinda of saying like gasoline is a lil' flammable. Sure HS was able to open him up a lot more and fall in love with him, but at the end of the day, when he's cornered, he reverts back to his old ways. Which is possessive, jealous, fearful of losing the one person who has given him love. He does it to Baek Ah. He does it to Hae Su. 

Explaining HS's complicated relationship with WW to WS would be nearly impossible for someone who does NOT distinguish between the different kinds of love. HS was in love with WW, but also fell out of love with him. She made sure before she moved on to WS that she was completely over WW. WW even says to WS that their relationship was LONG before HS was his woman. But of course, that simply doesn't matter in WS's mind. Again, all affections are the same he and he does not distinguish the difference. As soon as he says he will not see her again, there was no point where HS could explain herself to him. He had given a king's decree. Only when he sees HS' letter and her room full of the memorabilia of their relationship will he begin understand that there was no one but WS in her heart. This show is all about not knowing what you have until it's gone. 

Your post makes me to fall in love with the characters more..yesterday i was defending WS so much, but when i think about ingeneral, every character did all those to survive, to get what he/she wanted after much struggle, and to protect that thing from the enemies..

Every character is flawed, which is one for the main reasons why i LOVE THIS SHOW!! this show never gives room for white or black, It's like I am experiencing all the struggles myself in Goryeo..lol..

• Like 18

I still try to not take sides but I agree that Soo seems to be more understanding and forgiving towards everyone except So. It seems like she can find reasons for justifying everyone's bad deeds (CR, Wook) but when So does something bad, bum! He suddenly becomes a monster in her eyes. I still try to digest Soo double standard.

• Like 17

*Breathe in.Breathe out.Repeats*

The preview looked like the ending in the C-novel.It looks like all hope of a happy ending is lost.BUT...think about it.Why would anyone want to reveal THE WHOLE plot of an episode in a preview?Maybe this preview is just about whatever happens in the first 30 minutes...You'll never know til you watch the episode.Like I said before,PREVIEWS ARE MISLEADING.They don't tell the FULL story of what goes on in that episode.So don't despair people!There is still a chance at a happy ending!

Note:Definition of 'happy' differs for everyone.We may not get exactly what we want but please writer nim,let there at least be a satisfactory closure.

• Like 19