[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

4 minutes ago, junejungki said:

He can speak fair English. I saw a video of him somewhere in foreign land but not sure which country. He was talking to the driver in English. I think his English is pretty decent. Enough to save him in case he get lost somewhere :grin:

That's what I also like about LJK @junejungki.... at least he can communicate in English.  He may not be fluent but he can converse and can speak clearly.  Very interesting that he is very interested in learning ... almost about anything that he is interested in and did it well. 

Indeed... IGNORANCE IS NOT A VIRTUE!!! :D

• Like 9

1 hour ago, hiluna said:

I never really understood why Yo would trust Wook and keep him by his side. It is a given that if Wook was able to poison Mu then Yo should suspect that he in turn could also be poisoned by him. Wook betrayed him once so why would he keep Wook around? At the very least Wook should have been exiled. I think queen hwangbo knows that Wang So was favoured by both Taejo and Mu as next in line for the throne and what Wook did was treason so to save the family she probably support YH to become queen.

@qwenli Why didn't Yo kill Wook?

This is my answer to that question.

Since Yo had usurped the throne, he needed a legitimation. Wook proposed the perfect solution: a complot. Yo had to choose among the royal families a culprit that's why Wang Wook proposed him to get rid of Eun's clan. Actually, Wang Wook had this idea before the coup d'Etat from Yo. His original plan was: As soon as Mu had died of poison, Wook would have used the incident to claim that Eun's grandfather had done it. He already insinuated before Mu's death that Eun's grandfather was against the king Mu.

However, Wang Wook's plan didn't work out because Yo appeared before Mu's death and Won had revealed Wook's plan to him. Yo decided to use Wook's plan for his own advantage. With the (fake) complot of Eun's grandfather, Yo could justify his Coup d'Etat but also frighten the other clans. Then after killing Eun and his family, if Yo had started getting rid of other clans, he would have lost his support among all the clans which would have led to a rebellion. Hence he couldn't get rid of Wook.

Yet, Yo knew from his own experience that Wook was dangerous and could betray him at any time. Therefore Yo decided to use Yeon hwa as hostage and sent her to Khitan. It was his way to control Wang Wook. So he thought that Yeon hwa was Wook's weakness. It was his first move to control Wook.  since Yo considered Wook as his dog too. Wook's leash would have been Yeon Hwa in his eyes. But he was wrong for two reasons. Wang Wook had stopped caring for his sister. Moreover, Yeon Hwa is not a second version of Hae Soo. Yeon Hwa saized the opportunity by betraying Eun in order to prove her loyalty to Yo so that Yo saw that Yeon Hwa couldn't be Wook's leash.

In my opinion, Yo must have heard from Won later (Won has always been involved in Yo's schemes: except the attempted assassination hence we can conclude that Won was his most loyal brother) that Hae Soo was important to Wook as well. Therefore he kept Hae Soo close by his side because he could control Wang So and Wang Wook. When So "abandoned" her, Yo couldn't still get rid of Hae Soo because of Wook.

Yo had an interest to keep Wook by his side as well: he noticed that Wook was really smart (see the poisoning and the fake complot of Eun's grandfather) hence he needed his brillant brain. Don't forget that Yo didn't want to rely on his mother any more. In the past, he used to follow her orders so that we can say that she was his strategist. When he tried to act on his own accord, his plan failed: This made him realise his lack of intelligence. He was not a great strategist and he needed someone smart. So he needed an other councelor. Finally, the fact that Yo considered himself as pig at some point, reveal that Yo was well aware of his own skills. He was more or less admitting that he has never been very smart and a brilliant politician. Even the compliment he paid to Wang Wook for his plan (episode 14 "I knew that the smart ones are the real dangerous ones") is an indication that Yo recognised that Wook was smarter than himself.

What do you think? Is it good explained now? 

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, atgirlina said:

The serenity, the peacefullness of no baseball game to mess with mlshr.......

Ep 17... we are so ready.

Streaming site - check

Snacks - check

Internet - ready - check

Cold drinks - check

#counting45minutestoep17

Snacks and drinks ready.Clock is ticking. It is 825pm in my country. My husband will be coming home late tonite. He let me enjoy myself without any interuption. Every Monday and Tuesday is his boys nite out with his friends until MLSHR end. hahahahah!!

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, atgirlina said:

The serenity, the peacefullness of no baseball game to mess with mlshr.......

Ep 17... we are so ready.

Streaming site - check

Snacks - check

Internet - ready - check

Cold drinks - check

#counting45minutestoep17

Ahem, didn't your forget one important thing - like a box of kleenex ;)

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, iloveknovela said:

That's what I also like about LJK @junejungki.... at least he can communicate in English.  He may not be fluent but he can converse and can speak clearly.  Very interesting that he is very interested in learning ... almost about anything that he is interested in and did it well. 

Indeed. He try to learn so that he can communicate with his fans. He can ride horses, mastering his martial art skills, playing with sword and guns. Those skills need a lot of training. They way I see it, he is a very determine person. He wants to learn something, he will do it till he master the skill/art.

• Like 12

Hey all, thanks in advance for the live recapping.

I'm stuck in class and won't be able to watch it live but quite honestly, I don't think I can handle watching the last 4 episodes live so I'm happy to have it filtered by the recapping first before I watch the episode.

Plus, y'alls' recapping totally rocks!! :thumbsup::grin:

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

I'm starting to feel sad that my beloved drama is really gonna end soon. I will miss this drama so much and this thread as I know after this drama ends, you guys will leave this thread one by one :bawling:

Lets meet up in another thread for another drama. Though I think it will takes sometimes for me to recover from MLSHR syndrome.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, iloveknovela said:

honestly many times its not ignorance when koreans or actually any other race can't speak in english, its actually very very very difficult for them. From what i know, theres even a problem of having a phobia of it or using it because of embarrassment when they make mistakes. I can understand the frustration of many fans because you want to know what they type or what they say, but as of now koreans and idols, their main focus is their country and their people and thats where they are most comfortable at. The country just started or is just starting to get a little bit out of the box in terms of other cultures and all. Also, most koreans try really hard to learn english, so many tutoring centers and methods are used but its an on going problem there that its very difficult to learn. Just got to be understanding, or learn a little bit of korean too. :lol:

*I was very frustrated with getting subtitles before (7 years ago) and a lot of korean stuff didn't have it easy or accurate before, and i hated waiting for too long, so I took classes to learn korean as a hobby and hoped to reach a point where I won't need subtitles for shows and movies, I'm currently still studying and I reached my goal of never needing subtitles but i continue to study it for fun. (with a native speaking teacher)* :)

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

I'm starting to feel sad that my beloved drama is really gonna end soon. I will miss this drama so much and this thread as I know after this drama ends, you guys will leave this thread one by one :bawling:

Me tooooo. I think this will be my worst withdrawal  in all of my k-drama watching history. :cry:

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

Friends, where do you watch the livestream of our beloved Scarlet Heart? I know the SBS link. Are there any english streaming sites of One TV Asia?

Unfortunately, there's none unless you're subscribe to DramaFever. If not you can just wait for it to be subbed. Usually they subbed pretty fast :)

• Like 3

lol here is the song playing in my head since I woke up this morning and keep thinking about episode 17 of MLSHR

Today's the day (Tonight's the night)
I know you feelin' my sound (I'm a make you clap)
'Cause todays the day (Tonight's the night)
I'm a lay it down (I'm a lay it down)
I'm a get up so I can't get down (I'm a)
Hear me roar, hear my thunder sound (I'm a, I'm a)
I'm the lord of the underground (I'm a, I'm a)
Part of the jungle (I'm a, I'm a, I'm a, I'm a)
Let's glow (Hands high, hands high)
I can't wait, I can't wait to see ya
Glow (Hands high, hands high)
Round the world, round the world my people
Glow, glow (Hands high, hands high)
I can't…wait I can't wait to see ya cici03.gif
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, glacial said:

honestly many times its not ignorance when koreans or actually any other race can't speak in english, its actually very very very difficult for them. From what i know, theres even a problem of having a phobia of it or using it because of embarrassment when they make mistakes. I can understand the frustration of many fans because you want to know what they type or what they say, but as of now koreans and idols, their main focus is their country and their people and thats where they are most comfortable at. The country just started or is just starting to get a little bit out of the box in terms of other cultures and all. Also, most koreans try really hard to learn english, so many tutoring centers and methods are used but its an on going problem there that its very difficult to learn. Just got to be understanding, or learn a little bit of korean too. :lol:

I have been to Korea twice. Many times while I was there, I saw young people in pink tshirt or perhaps uniform helping tourists. They will assist tourists on how to get to the places, to find restaurant, mall etc etc. I did asked them what is the reason they do this job when is was on volunteering basis. No pay or salary. Their answer were the same. They want to brush up their English. They did learn but never practice it.

• Like 11