[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Good morning, I'm Serafina,

New here but I'm an expert in lurking patiently and passionately.

I love this drama a lot, despite my busy work and home making, I still manage to watch and re-watch, read all the review here etc.

But ep 14 was a bit disappointing and my disappointment actually take place because of those dragging 13 ep before, not exactly 13 ep but 11 ep before.

Ep 1 - 11 was so slow in building each character (hence too many character i suppose) and relation of each other... I love the tense of ep 12 and 13.

To see Wang So and Hae Soo dating is a festive to my eyes. But just in a matter of one sip of a deep breath I have to see another tense, hopeless, heart wrecking tricky accusation from some 'sword holding powerful' man to a 'once powerful but no more' helpless man because of the woman he loves.

Well It's not that I want all in romance. But, come on, let me see more love building between Wang So and Hae Soo, in such less helpless manner. I need to be assured and reassured about how these two not only feeling the connection between each other in comforting and talking, and putting make up but also I need some spark of skin ship... blame my ahjumma fantasy. One kiss is not enough, I want to see the brave Wang So, where is he now?? given those skin ship is needed, so I can relate to why Wang So was willing to do anything for Hae Soo to the point he gave his freedom up before finally conquer the throne.

At the beach scene on ep (I forgot) Wang So was so brave and manly uttering his word that he could kill even anyone whom Hae Soo loved. But about Jung hidding inside Hae Soo's chamber he was kinda soften or maybe because he really loves her to the point that he believe her much and respect her privacy. And yuhuu Wang So, all of this time you haven't figure out who's the man once Hae Soo love? wow how naive you are...

Ahhh .... I do hate the helpless and hopeless situation... (imagine how Wang So felt) - I really need more Wang So - Hae Soo love scene before facing up the dark episode of throne racing...

• Like 19

Hello Eclipses!!!! finally done watching international version of episode 14, reading dramabeans recap and all your posts...sadly my job got in the way and i couldn't spend more time reading/avoiding and looking for spoilers/ thinking of So... well the last one was a lie i did my job while thinking of So and catched glimpses of this forum and voted for so while in the bathroom or elevator or walkin to another office...

btw i couldn't help but LOL at the baseball game updates... so funny and so useful, cause i was so nervous i wouldn' have my fix today... 

about the episode the best things no doubt were the star gazing date, the boat scene, and the kiss scene.. So and Soo together are the best... as always... i found the star gazing date the cutest thing ever... and So won my heart over and over again, that man is killing me... but boat scene and kiss scene left me with a bitter sweet taste, i love them scenes to pieces, but i was crying while watching them (actually i'm crying while writing) because i can't help but think What if... they deserve to be happy together but everything is against their happiness together, Whyyyyy??? On a shallow note So was soooo good looking in this episode i couldn't take my eyes off him

and poor Mu, he was a good man a weak king... and he had such a terrible death... madness always scares me, and just to think about his lucid times made it worse

Jung i like him even less this episode, Wook? despicable as always, Yo? is a baddie i can understand

about the preview i know i will cry rivers for Eun and wife... and i must say bloddie So is the hottest thing ever

• Like 12

Holy smokes guys. I got up in the morning today for class presuming episode 14 wasn't going to air today so I didn't even bother checking and I come back to such spectacular OTP moments...

foamingmouth_zpsdm7ori9b.gif

I'm dead. Moooaaarrrrrrrrr!! 

Thank you guys for the pics and recaps!!! :bawling:

• Like 9

omo omo, I can stare at the new kiss stills for the whole day. :wub: 

but I have to live my real life too. lol

by the way this is the shipping thread in case some folks here not aware of it.:)

@solelylurking as briseis said, this has titanic written all over. its suppose to make us sad. :D I must be sick....

--------------------------

I enlarge one of the kiss stills. u can see a smile on his face. :wub:

enlargekiss.jpg

[spoiler/]

• Like 20

i already watched both version, international and sbs. when i saw internatioal version, i feel like the editing was too rough and it's a bit bothersome to me. from one scene to another jump just like that. but then i watched sbs version, and the story flow beautifully. and many things, eventhough it's just a small and short scene but important, missing in international version. like when haesoo keep repeated writing wangso's poem and then she cry (there's no scene haesoo cry after that in intl version), or when jung tried to stop the revolt but his mother stopped him. that answer me when watch international version, where is jung at that time. 

so i guess you should watch both version in order to get a bigger picture about this drama. yes, it is bother me at first that they aired two version, but now i thrill waiting for the sbs version each eps, because i always watch each episode repeatedly anyway.. as if i'm watching eps 14 part two ;D

for those who doesn't know yet, i watch sbs version in myasiantv.net and for international version you can watch it in any other site. 

let's counting hours for next eps and be prepare...

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, solelylurking said:

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Did you watched it with subs? There was lot of info in the dialogue....

I did. :sweatingbullets: I watched the intl vers from cabel tv/One. It's just goes out of the window for me. 

But still, have fun watching it @qwenli. Don't let me be the mood breaker. :)

@solelylurkingi suggest you watch sbs version too, i felt the same way after watched from s one tv. but it's give me different perspective after watching sbs version

• Like 4

Morning y'all.. (at this part of the world anyway)

I'm still dazed after last night's roller coaster. Knowing the impending doom in the next episodes is really not good for my (mental) health, yet here I am, still hoping for good things for So-Soo. 

Some comments and questions to the experts here: 

Soo's becoming ruthless. I know that IU in her first script reading said that Soo will be ruthless. I secretly hope that's mistranslated :P, perhaps what's she saying means more stern/strict as in becoming more mature compare to her sassy self at the beginning of the drama.
Ruthless means YH's ruthless or Queen Yo's ruthless and that is  NOT COOL. 

Sorry.. I still dont get the part about Soo's copying So's letter. Suspect that she's doing it to make her feel closer to So? Now that she cannot have him (in her mind), this is one way of her possessing him, by copying his handwriting? Or she just copy it again and again to understand the meaning? It's like learning and understanding mantra?
@briseis please do analysis on this one, very much looking forward to read your 'essay' on this. 

@violet90 You mention something about how in C-version, prince 4th is mistaking the letter since it's not Rouxi's handrwriting or something? :blink: 
Sorry, can you explain it again? I'm too blur on that part. Do you think that'll happen in this drama... I certainly hope noot. 

Oh, final comment: in the long trailer Yo is seen dying holding a small knife and clutching his chest. On that note, I really hope that Yo will die a painful excruciating death. Too bad we dont get to see how Wook dies. 

I really dont want to speculate what happens in tonight's episode. Thinking about that makes me feel soo tired already.
Let's just brace ourselves for the pain that has yet to come! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, cmluv said:

i already watched both version, international and sbs. when i saw internatioal version, i feel like the editing was too rough and it's a bit bothersome to me. from one scene to another jump just like that. but then i watched sbs version, and the story flow beautifully. and many things, eventhough it's just a small and short scene but important, missing in international version. like when haesoo keep repeated writing wangso's poem and then she cry (there's no scene haesoo cry after that in intl version), or when jung tried to stop the revolt but his mother stopped him. that answer me when watch international version, where is jung at that time. 

so i guess you should watch both version in order to get a bigger picture about this drama. yes, it is bother me at first that they aired two version, but now i thrill waiting for the sbs version each eps, because i always watch each episode repeatedly anyway.. as if i'm watching eps 14 part two ;D

for those who doesn't know yet, i watch sbs version in myasiantv.net and for international version you can watch it in any other site. 

let's counting hours for next eps and be prepare...

I really should download both version then. Ah, what this drama has done to me.

• Like 6

I am so dissapointed on how HS kept being used for someone else greed....can she just get out of the palace and run far away in the mountain or forest or wherever away from the ugly and dirty political chaos in the palace....just break the whatever rules and just fly away to Freedom.....just forget everything.....

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, ceda209 said:

Our handsome wolfy prince has very veeeeery sensual hands. I don't know how to post pictures in here, but looking at screenshots of where his hands are position on HS's body drives my imagination in 10+ directions.  

@ceda209 Actually someone posted a set of gifs with his hand in action (so sorry, cant remember who).
Even before that post, I have been impressed by that hand, at how manly his hand is.
Love love lovee for that hand to grab my waist anytime.. and do other stuff of course. :phew: :wub: :sweatingbullets:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ruizaio said:

In ep 3, So wakes up and follows Soo to the stone piles and they have a discussion on motherhood that leads to So eventually deciding on covering up his mother's plot that was added later to the rerun version of the episode in Korea. This is also why when Wang So tells Hae Soo that he'll be living in the palace, she tells him to stop having bad dreams.

I remember you mentioning this before and being terribly disappointed they'd decided to cut the nightmare scene out. I also have a theory about that picture LJG posted a while ago that went viral - the one of him shirtless in bed with HS in the background. I think it may have been from when they were filming this scene, when she came upon him while he was having a nightmare, which would explain her lady's dress and why she's sort of popping up in the background...in which case there's zero guarantee of a 'bed' scene, miscarriage plot or no. I rather hope I'm wrong, since I'd like to see as much of them being happy together as possible, but the possibility did occur to me...

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Morning y'all.. (at this part of the world anyway)

I'm still dazed after last night's roller coaster. Knowing the impending doom in the next episodes is really not good for my (mental) health, yet here I am, still hoping for good things for So-Soo. 

Some comments and questions to the experts here: 

Soo's becoming ruthless. I know that IU in her first script reading said that Soo will be ruthless. I secretly hope that's mistranslated :P, perhaps what's she saying means more stern/strict as in becoming more mature compare to her sassy self at the beginning of the drama.
Ruthless means YH's ruthless or Queen Yo's ruthless and that is  NOT COOL. 

Sorry.. I still dont get the part about Soo's copying So's letter. Suspect that she's doing it to make her feel closer to So? Now that she cannot have him (in her mind), this is one way of her possessing him, by copying his handwriting? Or she just copy it again and again to understand the meaning? It's like learning and understanding mantra?
@briseis please do analysis on this one, very much looking forward to read your 'essay' on this. 

@violet90 You mention something about how in C-version, prince 4th is mistaking the letter since it's not Rouxi's handrwriting or something? :blink: 
Sorry, can you explain it again? I'm too blur on that part. Do you think that'll happen in this drama... I certainly hope noot. 

Oh, final comment: in the long trailer Yo is seen dying holding a small knife and clutching his chest. On that note, I really hope that Yo will die a painful excruciating death. Too bad we dont get to see how Wook dies. 

I really dont want to speculate what happens in tonight's episode. Thinking about that makes me feel soo tired already.
Let's just brace ourselves for the pain that has yet to come! :sweatingbullets:

yes... in Cvers RX handwriting is the same with 4th so 14th cover the letter with his handwriting in front of its.. because its a crime to copying the king handwriting so RX might get punish because of that... when 4th got the letter and assuming its from 14th he just ignore it because 4th did't want to know anything about them... so when 4th got the news about RX pass away he search for the letter and open that letter seeing RX handwriting and just break down because he know he's too late....the letter play a big part in solving 4th misunderstanding about whether RX love him or not and she waiting for him.... 

i don't know about other thing but the regret that 4th have is really heartbreaking and to imagine WS will feel this way and he maybe not going to see HS before she dies just make me want to crawl in corner and cries................................................................... why its have to be BBJX adaption...? this is so bad for my health....

• Like 9

2 hours ago, soorani said:

Still, SHR confusing me, the ratings aren't that good, but they're always on the top3 in Naver and even the previews reach 1 million views, I mean is it a success or a flop in Korea? 

What I know is a success internationally, it seems like it was just ranked again on Tumblr's fandometrics.

It doesn't make sense right?

I know the drama was bought at a very good price by different tv outfits so at least there's no financial loss. :)

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, dears said:

I really should download both version then. Ah, what this drama has done to me.

Guys, this International version vs SBS version is driving me crazy.

We really need to watch both versions to understand sometimes, because both complementing each other. Can someone please PM me where I can watch the SBS version? I am from the USA, so one of popular site that host the SBS version is not available to my region. I feel it is not right that some channels are paying for the right to air the show but do not get the same version. Their editing is disappointing :tears:...

• Like 11

After watching ep14 with subs now I can finally contain myself. At first I was disappointed with the lack of the long awaited So-Soo romance in today's episode (because things will get darker from this point on) but now I finally get it. Quality over quantity (or time for this aspect)!! Even though we only get stargazing, boat date and kissing in the garden but that's enough to showed us the love So-Soo have towards each other. They don't need a sneaky date in the cave like a coward or lengthy explanation and promises (yes,I'm talking about the jerk Wook) because they already accept each other heart as it is. Maybe length wise, the romance between So-Soo is super short compare to Wook-Soo but quality wise, they are OFF THE CHART!!

• Like 18