[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

@freckledbelle and @soorani I don't get the ratings as well. I think it's not doing too well in Korea but it's a major hit internationally. I don't really see how anyone could dislike the awesomeness of this drama but I came to the conclusion that maybe Koreans are too used to such awesome dramas that this is the usual for them. 

• Like 8

People, just watch both versions. Don't choose, just do it. I do, because you get to see the missing scenes and reinterpret the episode. I watch each episode at least 4-5 times (yeah, I'm crazy). Each time, I notice something different. Aside from the editing, the songs they use during the same scenes also drive me mad. Sometimes it's appropriate and sometimes they're not. The SBS version seems to incorporate the songs better imo, esp. in ep 14, and there are scenes in international version that helps fill in the gaps of the story. You don't lose anything by rewatching the eps. Well...except maybe time. 

• Like 17

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

wanna add.. i don't know but jung scenes feel so forced and force fitted..specially the developing romance..

More like, oh shucks we forgot its ep 14 already and otp can't be the end game..so we need a plot device to separate WS and HS again...so lets find another lover for her who will be ready to risk everything for her

well well, we always need a prince on standby. :D

in the c version, it didnt feel so much a surprise. here they compact everything to 20 eps, so it can kinda feel forced... but I guess the hug that hs gave Jung in the bamboo forest after the fights with the bandits hinted at something..

This is where it all started. Jung saw Soo from this moment onwards and showed concern for her from time to time, so it was really unsurprising if it develops into something deeper. :grin:

Last night Ep would have been a total feast for our OTP if WY didn't came back so soon right? *sighs* 

• Like 10

I cant stop re-watching episode 14. Someone please stop me :sweatingbullets:. I notices WS jealous side is coming out. I'm hoping that they do not take the same route as the Chinese version. The 4th prince in the cversion became super jealous toward the end and ultimately let it get the best of him.  WS already knows HS loved someone else, so, i'm hoping he doesn't flip when he finds out that it was WW. I also find it strange that he hasn't figured it out. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, skxz said:

Episode 14 : Wook

So I just watched Ep 14 with subs and there is just one thing I really wanna get out of my system...

WOOK YOU PIECE OF S***. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?! 

I have mentioned just his appearance really ticks me off and oh boy do I have my reasons. 

When So is to marry King Mu's eldest daughter. Be careful of your words Wook. They might come back and slap you in the face :) I will be most looking forward to when that happens.

Reveal hidden contents

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-11%20at%2012.54.

"I am asking you if Hae Soo had anything to do with the decisions that you made."

"Yes. I did consider her."

Bull f****** s***. My God I got soooooo angry. You're telling me you double-crossed Yo to double-cross the King and this was all in Soo's best interest? Are you sure it wasn't in YOUR best interest in getting the throne. Unfortunately for you you always seem to be a step behind last time you had to be loyal to King Mu and this time you have to be loyal to Yo. Soo has always been your source of excuses. All your actions and mistakes you blame them on your love and care for her. BOY YOU NEED YO STOP BEFORE I CRACK MY LAPTOP SCREEN!

Did you know you were going to leave her trapped in Yo's dangerously well made web for the next 4 years of his reign? Did you know So the person whom Soo loves now is going to get hurt and this will affect her? Unlike So he does not think of the external factors that can affect Soo. In the previous Ep when Soo begged So to spare Wook's life So did it because that's what Soo wanted and because he truly loves her he will do whatever he can for her. So Wook you do not get the right to waltz in here and say you made these decisions because of Soo! You're lying through your f****** teeth and you need to get your head out of your f****** a***. 

I mean just look at the words he uses in the preview where he refers to So as dog. Wook honestly you're the dog cause you're always on your knees in front of Yo. You're nothing but his b**** and you have to follow him around like the DOG YOU ARE because YOUR life depends on it. So is doing it because SOO's life depends on it. 

"Do you not have a dog you can use, Your Majesty?" (Wook you are his dog)

What I can't wait for is when Soo finds out Wook was the mastermind behind killing King Mu and that will for sure end any feelings she has for Wook. Wook you should know better than anyone that one should not be so greedy. The pure shock in Soo's eyes. But from what I can see Wook has absolutely NO REMORSE for what he has done. He is toxic. AND THIS GUY IS AS GOOD AS DEAD TO ME. 

Tell me I am not the only one that is exploding with anger because of Wook. I honestly cannot believe that I use to like him more than So. KHN you are amazing but FARRRRR OUT I HATE WOOK's GUTS! Wook is so far gone like there is nothing that can save him. 

Sorry for the rant I just had to.

~SKXZ~

@skxz   Thank you for your rent..... WW's confession is fulll of B***S*** chingu. He did all that to get the throne even HS told him to stop lyingg to himself. :angry::angry: It was a great post chingu CLapping CLapping real loud as i read your post. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, skxz said:

Episode 14 : Wook

"I am asking you if Hae Soo had anything to do with the decisions that you made."

"Yes. I did consider her."

Bull f****** s***. My God I got soooooo angry. You're telling me you double-crossed Yo to double-cross the King and this was all in Soo's best interest? Are you sure it wasn't in YOUR best interest in getting the throne. Unfortunately for you you always seem to be a step behind last time you had to be loyal to King Mu and this time you have to be loyal to Yo. Soo has always been your source of excuses. All your actions and mistakes you blame them on your love and care for her. BOY YOU NEED YO STOP BEFORE I CRACK MY LAPTOP SCREEN!

Sorry for the rant I just had to.

~SKXZ~

I didnt see this last night at raw eps at Dramafire. Will this be in SBS version or intl version? 
@skxz Yes I'm with you here. In the beginning of the episode, I was neutral about Wook. Not a Wook-Soo shipper, knowing a greater love ahead for Soo. But now... dang I hate that snake! :angry:
Yo as a villain, I get it. He's always true to his character. Won, typical second character villain - a leech. 
But Wook! He's the biggest snake here. Never showing his true color, always used other things as a justification for his own selfish action (his family, his clan, Soo). Blah! 

Wait.. why am I ranting too? *deep breathe :phew:

2 hours ago, potatohead said:

When I watched Hae Soo repeatedly trace over the Chinese characters in the letter that Wang So sent her, I'm reminded of the ending of the Chinese version.

Spoiler:

The reason why the 4th prince never saw her letter's contents before her death was that he threw it away.

But why did he throw it away? Because the letter was in an envelope with only indications that it was from the 14th prince, who he was pissed at.

Why was the letter in an envelope? Because the 14th prince saw that Ruoxi's (Hae Soo's Chinese counterpart) handwriting was the SAME as the 4th prince (it was bad to have the same handwriting as the emperor). He thought it was best to hide her handwriting, and thus put it into an envelope before giving it to the 4th prince.  

Now, the question is: 

Could the drama be setting the stage for a similar scenario by having Hae Soo learn to mimic Wang So's handwriting? 

:grimace:

@potatohead Aaaah.. okay, I havent read this post and was asking that in my previous post. Now that make sense. But yes same question here, and I really hope it wont happen. 

• Like 6

hellow anyone....

my thoughts... last night episode was depressing... seriously... :(

love story between so and soo... i think the flow was too fast... boat scene.. too little time... but Thank God we got the kiss... oh my... that honestly beautiful kiss.. :wub: the way so look at hae soo.. and caress her carefully like her so fragile thing in this world.. and slowly leaning to kiss her... oh my... beautifully executed by pd nim... :wub:

bu then....

the tense coming... and i think maybe for next week also... can our otp have their break for at least 1 episode... full... *sighhh...

i have told myself to prepare my heart for the worse of this drama.. but still... gyaaah... these feeling.... not a good one... i'm just sooo affraid that the story will be like in bbjx.. with tragic ending... with missunderstanding... gyaaaaah.. the feels.... please dont... :tears:

i hope even they can not happy in goryeo.. at least give them their happiness in 21st century...

• Like 5

@SizzlerZ I think so, too. Or one thing more is because maybe a lot prefer Park Bo Gum. Well, while i agree that he is handsomer than LJG, the former lacks the caliber of the latter's acting. LJG's acting is always impeccable. Honestly, i think the only thing LJG lacks is height. He is tall but not that tall. I'm biased because i am really into tall guys though. :)

• Like 8

Morning!(From my side of the world:lol:)

Woke up and watched the international version again.Am waiting for KissAsian to sub the sbs version.

I find myself skipping the trio(Wook,Won,Yo) scenes.I know their conversations are important but I cant help it.The sight of them repulse me.Wook,I have finally accepted I officially hate your guts.You can go to hell.You made my blood boil even more with what you said in the preview for ep15.Dont delude yourself into thinking that you're doing this because of HaeSoo.You've been a selfish b****** all along but just hid that side of you.

Phew...Cursing at that guy as if he was alive.On another note,I keep replaying the KISS SCENE.Who's with me?:thumbsup:They should have had a close-up though.I can tell they were really into it:wub:

This episode was rushed and it seems that we can expect the same pace for the rest of the episodes since we have 6 more years to cover with only 6 more episodes.I wonder if they dvd/blu ray version can just put all the scenes that the director initially wanted to air together so the story is complete when we watch it.Nvr mind if they have to segment it into more than 20 ep,but just string it all as originally intended.The preview broke my heart.I guess someone has to die in every episode that we are going to watch.When the director said the journey is going to be sad,he really wasnt kidding.:tears:It is going to be a difficult and tragic phase for our OTP but they'll have be patient,persistent and smart especially since the villians are going to have the upper hand now.This means that for those of us who are watching,WE have to pull through too.I believe the ending will be happy and that they will eventually be able to love each other freely and passionately.Eclipses and SoSoo,HWAITING!:smile:

• Like 11

Its so hearbreaking to see HS kept being pulled and pushed here and there like a non-precious object...and lived to watch every person she cherished one by one started to fall down/die/dissapear

I wish WS can teach HS some badass-kickass martial art moves so that HS can at least defend and protect herself from simply being abused by those devils!! And by doing that it puts WS at a little bit ease that he wouldnt worry so much about HS that HS can take care of herself!!!! 

• Like 5

@qwenli You mean, you can see the questions, but you can't enter your response? Or you can type in responses, but not submit them? We are receiving about 100 responses a day, so it seems to be working for other people... is it the link from my signature or my previous posts? http://goo.gl/ooMfnt Does this link work?

@wordsmyth0253 I don't think the picture from LJG's IG is from the cut scene because Hae Soo's hair and dress are different. Some Koreans speculate that So will get hurt really bad and Soo will take care of him somewhere outside of the palace (the room looks rather shabby), but then the same blanket was in her room at Damiwon, so we're not sure anymore...

• Like 15

9 hours ago, moonlover399993 said:

I haven't HATED and LOATHED a character as much as I do toward Wook. I mean sure there is Yo, but he wasn't a two-faced jerk ( I would totally swear, but not sure if soompi allows) We saw what kind of character and personality Yo has from the start. He is after the throne and will kill anyone in his way, PERIOD. No more confusion on his part. Wook on the other hand is a different puzzle piece. He is really LOW. I wish that there is a moment where we see him truly break. REALLY BREAK APART. 

If unfortunately HS meets a similar fate, she SAVES WS FROM WW, Wook will see what his manipulative decisions and snake-like ways made him do. It will be tragic and I will cry oceans of tears with So. But I really want to see WOOK break apart. On the subject of Wook, I don't mind that servant girl, Chae-ryung, getting her end as well now.   It's sad, I loved both characters, but their wickedness is not making me sympathies for what's coming for them. :angry::expressionless:

It's up to you if you see Wang Wook from a different perspective. Right !!! Wang Yo is evil, ambitious and bad things available to him. We can see from his appearance and from his arrogant attitude. It's real and obvious. Anyone who see Wang Yo will immediately say that he is an antagonist. But what about Wang Wook? He looks like a sweet boy, gentle and courteous, BANG !!! it turns out we are fooled. 

Whatever the reason he is wrong and is a big fake.
Don't pass the blame to someone else, if the fault actually is our evil intentions. It's called cheating and deceitful. And it is WW. 
He said that he loved HS but did not dare to take the risk to help her. When other person came and loved and then helped HS sincerely, he became jealous and angry. The reason that if one day he becomes king, he will be with HS, it turned out is just the reason not to be seen cowards in the eyes HS. Do you want to live with a man like that? Oh No ... Do not be naive girl.

Now more visible that he is "a snake in the grass" and a wolf in sheep's clothing. He hates WS without any reason. Does the WS do wrong to him?
The only fault of WS, is that he made HS in love with him, and it made WW angry and show who he really is. Is WS wrong?
He heartlessly calls WS is a dog and makes WS upset with sneaky way (where he knew that WS didn't bear to do it). He suggested to the new king for kill WE use WS. Is it not cunning?

Talking about Wang Yo. He's a real villain. At least he didn't have fake behavior, and full of pretense. He is consistent. No doubt that he is indeed evil.
If we suppose that Wang Wook and Wang Yo are our friends and must guess which of the two more dangerous? We certainly will choose WW, because he is the kind of friend who will betray us without us knowing.

• Like 5

My heart still hurt from yesterday ep!

I totally can't concentrate at work.

I am still angry at how naive Soo. Always protect the wrong people.

I hope Jung and Wook will wake up soon because, in history, they were close to So.

Jung ah Jung, please stop being a naive teenager who nearly get people in trouble indirectly for a couple of times. I hope the guilt will eat you up.

• Like 4

so when WW told that he wish no girl is crying because WS going to get married is supposedly about HS right??? maybe in last 2 year WS and HS really close (well not lover yet) cause WW seem to know that they have a feeling to each other............ that's really bad and WW excuse for doing treason is HS??? i just can imagine if he became a king he will likely force HS to be with him.. HS and throne is the only goal he have whether HS want him back or not it does't matter to him anymore...

so WS over jealousy is start to emerge... this bad cause WS jealousy will get worse later on when he have relationship with HS because WS feel HS is too good for him and he feel don't feel secure about his relationship.. and WS seem understanding enough so i doubt he will end up like 4th in novel but WW and HS relationship will be a main problem with HS in future... 

why i watching this drama at the first place???? i came cause maybe Kvers will be lighter but its dark and full of angst.................................... but i already addicted to this drama have no option but getting along... this ship really written TITANIC and we all aboard with the knowledge what will happen anyway.... GREAT!!!

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, SizzlerZ said:

Does he still not know?!

Hai everyone... new comer in this thread..  please be kind to me... Sorry if sometimes my post will be confusing because English is not my mother language..

And yes i agree.... after watching the 14th ep I want to ask the same question here... How come So still not know about Soo feeling toward Wook?? (yep!! even if we talk about it in past tense...)

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Sighs...apparently and unfortunately not.I wish I can reach into the TV and Shake him by Shoulders while yelling 'It's Wook!Wook!!!':P And why wont HaeSoo just tell him so that he stops guessing and wont misunderstand?

I was literally shouting even if it was past midnight already because it's just plain meh. But i think they're saving it. The one that will make or break. Sigh. 

• Like 6