[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

10 minutes ago, misspiggie said:

Don't attempt to read too much into it -- that scene has one MAIN purpose: 

To continue the tradition of baring the upper torso of the leading / supporting male cast in a bathing/showering scene. 

Other purposes? Well… 

In C-BBJX, they have the time (34 episodes) to slowly introduce RX (HS) to the princes -- full-clothed. But in MLSHR time is short, so gather around boys. 

Besides, she (both HJ & HS) drowned right, and has to resurface from the water somewhere. 

You have to admit it's funny …  and memorable enough for the princes.  AND hopefully the (female) viewers too.

And oh, since WS is the male lead, he receive one-to-one with HS, scars included (I think I forgot to breathe in that scene :P

The female lead tradition in K-dramas, you ask?

They will only fall in love with the male lead when the series is half over. For HS, it's episode 14 out of 20.

Didn't take me that long:

*  Chance upon headline about LJG being cast as lead, I'm like "So?"  (as in So What?, not Wang So) -- I didn't click on it BTW.

*  Ep-1:  Arrives at palace gate, butchers the horse -- I was thinking "Can't you find a more decent-looking male lead?"

*  Ep-1:  Meets siblings + convo with JM & Mu -- still no feeling

*  Ep-2:  WS meets HS -- magic happens  … no, not for the leads, for me & LJG !!!

WS sweeps HS off her feet (literally-speaking), only to moments later dumps her unceremoniously onto the ground.  Unafraid & in fact indignant, she admonishes him about riding around as if his father owns the road (truthfully, his father does).  His facial expression (half of it, actually), however fleeting, says it all. Not. A. Single. Word.

I have fallen.

Psst:  (Ep-3)  Absolutely loves his expression to JM at the morgue, who is not happy with viewing dead assassins -- as if saying: "LOSER !"

Other countries have their tradition too, like in Bollywood (India):  

The male lead could be kicked & punched by 10 gangsters & he wouldn't utter an oomph.  But when the female lead tries to put on a bandage on a teeny-weeny scrape, the male lead to goes:

"OOOOOOOOWWWWWW"!!!!

Lol. Love the post.  Got me giggling. I was like, yea me too, me too! I forgot to breathe and fell hard too. I fell harder then Soo during that scene where he pushed her off the horse. 

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, Evelyn C said:

Finally he got to play a king - and not just a run-of-the-mill king, but a king who earned his right to the throne... And more importantly, he played the role like a boss! :D

I'm a bit sorry that he's leaving sageuks aside for a while. He really needs to find something that really uses the whole gamut of his abilities. I can see why he doesn't do rom coms much although if the right one comes along with which allows him to show off his athleticism, he really should do it.

• Like 22

5 hours ago, ayasdai said:

What SHR has done to me.

Screwed up my English grammar.

Every time a sentence starts with "So" I immediately think of So, but the sentence doesn't make sense and I have to reread it and order my stupid brain: It's not "So" stupid brain, it's "so".

Even if "so" is in the middle of the sentence I think it's "So".

So I do not understand English sentences anymore, So please stop messing with my brain, So I could understand English again and So I can have my So So So happy ending. Or So-Soo happy ending. So do you understand me? So no one understands me? Why So serious?

Started watching LJG old dramas, but I can barely concentrate on the plot:

"Oh here is the Wang So look"

"Here is the deep voice of Wang So, I freaking love it"

"He said Moon!! He said Moon!!"

"He is looking at the Moon! OMG!!"

"Oh... he moves and acts like Wang So!!"

"Here is the Wang So 'I will kill you' look"

"Here is the Wang So kick!"

"Here is the Wang So cry."

"Here is the Wang So gentleness."

"Oh, riding a horse... Wang So riding style... Don't kill it please. Horsey loves you."

@briseis Was about to write a similar post, but you highlighted everything I wanted to say about LJG screentime. And still, it was not enough, at least not for me... if it wasn't for him I probably would have stopped watching the drama after the 3rd episode.

LOL, he is looking at the moon. Burst into laugh. 

In my dark moment with MLSHR, sometime I scream my frustation. 

I am an adult. I might not be a genius but I am not stupid either. I have a job, family. I even active in my comunity.

But since MLSHR, all I can think about is Wang So, our OTP and their happiness. I even wish to the sky, let them be happy now. I cry for every tragedies and embarrased myself in public (red puffy eyes). I even feel sad for the horse. 

MLSHR look what you've done to me. 

• Like 21

@hiluna  Thank you - I like your thoughts on Ji Mong :) He has been a puzzle to me.  I wonder what his criteria was for finding the person who would put history back on the right track...someone who Wang So would fall in love with?  Someone with Go Ha Jin's personality?  Had he been observing her?  Or was she just at the right place at the right time of the eclipse so she would be 'the one'.  Oh well put those thoughts on sky hooks haha - I'm overthinking.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, NitaA said:

Damn he is good at making love with the camera. Fanning myself...........

Watched the video. Christ! I felt like I was blushing and turning red when he intimately looked at the camera. And all those hand movements of his and face angles ( opening windows to let fresh air in ). I bet he totally knows what he's doing to us, like you can just stop.  We know that you're blazing, you don't have to further prove it XD 

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm a bit sorry that he's leaving sageuks aside for a while. He really needs to find something that really uses the whole gamut of his abilities. I can see why he doesn't do rom coms much although if the right one comes along with which allows him to show off his athleticism, he really should do it.

@40somethingahjumma  I also thought the role of JGM fit him to a "T" because of his abilities but you are so correct his acting skills have excel far more then compared to that role or all the other Sagueks just underplayed his skills.. So I'm looking forward to seeing him in more actions dramas but hope he could find another Saguek..  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, luvkstyle said:

@hiluna  Thank you - I like your thoughts on Ji Mong :) He has been a puzzle to me.  I wonder what his criteria was for finding the person who would put history back on the right track...someone who Wang So would fall in love with?  Someone with Go Ha Jin's personality?  Had he been observing her?  Or was she just at the right place at the right time of the eclipse so she would be 'the one'.  Oh well put those thoughts on sky hooks haha - I'm overthinking.

I think it was just destiny that Ji Mong found himself in the same place as GHJ at the time of the eclipse.

• Like 5

I was so worried about the ending so I didn't watch until now.
I didn't understand one scene: Can someone explain to me what WJ kept of HS that Baekha said 'that was foolish of you' 

I cried more on this version than the Chinese version, and I like how ambiguous but determined both of their feelings are for each other. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

I didn't understand one scene: Can someone explain to me what WJ kept of HS that Baekha said 'that was foolish of you' 

I cried more on this version than the Chinese version, and I like how ambiguous but determined both of their feelings are for each other. 

It was her hairpin. The one that he showed to SD.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I do think he's the type of actor that needs a role that lets him express himself in a grand way. Almost like a theatrer actor. I do think this role fit him so well and called for him to act with a subtlety of emotion that really suited the character and himself as an actor. All those close ups showed how good he is with micro expressions. That last close up of him wiping away the make up and staring straight into the camera just....wow....I think everyone watching knew what he was feeling and thinking without him saying a word (well besides the voiceover ;))

I was thinking a K2 type drama or healer would be a good way for him to go but it needs a unique element to set it apart from just an action drama. It could be an updated Iljame for the 21st century were he acts the fool but is really a bad richard simmons fighter. I don't know just something cool for him to stand out again. Wang So had so much depth and character development and his chemistry with IU was so amazing I hope his next partner can give him that same energy. That's why I praise IU for being able to spark with Joon Gi. When it comes to romance he is awkward and has not had luck and his partner needs to dish it out so he has something to work with and she did that and then some. 

• Like 24

6 hours ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I assume that both of them were very close in age given the flashback in the following episode.Maybe that's why they were very very close...like bestest buddy+brother kind of thing.But your last question tho....I immediately thought Jimong was gay when you asked it like that:blink:

I read that speculation somewhere (i forgot) and I was like, "Ooohhh!"

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

Jung kept Soo's hairpin that she used once to protect him from So by threatening to kill herself if he entered Damiwon. It has become his treasure since. 'Foolish' for holding on to his unrequited love for many years; marry her and take care of her unconditionally even tho he knew he can never replace So in her heart.

Just sad, really.

• Like 11

I think it's only me that thinks IU's surprised faces were fine... her eyes are generally big and she's also extremely pretty with young looking features so she probably couldn't help herself with the close up shots they took. Maybe it was because they did so many of the shots that it got annoying to viewers...but at the early episodes, Hs was still in the shock of that she TRAVELED BACK 1000 YEARS into the past and anything to her was still surprising.

I tried to make surprised looks in the mirror and as a fellow person with generally big eyes, I could not make my expressions  much better than she could, except not as pretty because I'm not as pretty as her XD. I guess blame the director's tendency to get a lot of close ups of her, which was her being shocked a lot in the first 3 episodes XP But cant help being pretty in every shot since she's an extremelypretty person. XD

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, ldwon4 said:

I think it's only me that thinks IU's surprised faces were fine... her eyes are generally big and she's also extremely pretty with young looking features so she probably couldn't help herself with the close up shots they took. Maybe it was because they did so many of the shots that it got annoying to viewers...but at the early episodes, Hs was still in the shock of that she TRAVELED BACK 1000 YEARS into the past and anything to her was still surprising.

I tried to make surprised looks in the mirror and as a fellow person with generally big eyes, I could not make my expressions  much better than she could, except not as pretty because I'm not as pretty as her XD. I guess blame the director's tendency to get a lot of close ups of her, which was her being shocked a lot in the first 3 episodes XP But cant help being pretty in every shot since she's an extremelypretty person. XD

Well, I try to do gwangjong last scene, you know, the intense gaze and MY HEAD HURTS. 

It is difficult to put that much energy into your eyes. 

BRAVO, LJG, BRAVO (Standing applause)

• Like 15