[Drama 2015/2016] Beautiful You 아름다운 당신 8:55 pm KST

Ldy Gmerm

Is this the match his grandmother wants for him? I don't like her already she has that look that she will want him because he does not want her and will make trouble. Is this JH's sister? If so then we know she will have a one sided love for SJ.

That grandmother doesn't seem to be pushy, but later when she knows SJ showing interest on a single mom she may change.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JH's sister is already showing signs of delusion and seems to think that SJ will accept her if she continues to impose herself on him. He keeps telling her and giving hints that he has no interest in her yet she keeps calling smh. She is obviously the type who will lie that he is her man and drive other woman away when that man has said no to her. When she finds out about SK and the fact that she is a single mother, I expect her to be livid as she won't understand what SJ sees in a woman like that. Something tells me that she will show up at his home in an attempt to get close to his grandmother but that woman will see through the act.

It's funny that JH is so curious about the man(SJ) who was SK when she went into labor. He can probably tell that SJ has an interest in her and it bothers him lol. In the preview SK tells him that she is no longer with her husband(not sure if they are divorced yet and that news shocks him. He will be wondering how that man could abandon the woman who left her family and career behind for him. 

Video from Episode 8:

Ahh the actress playing his grandmother is doing double duty in two drama's.....

SJ sends JH's sisters gift back to her. Prolly for the best.. She would only see it as his interest in her and his grandmother should not push him to marry until he is ready. But I think you guys will be right when she finds out who he likes she may turn into that type of Halmeoni and pushes him towards the girl better suited. Especially if her grandfather and Halmeoni use to have a relationship no way will she want her grandson with her and loose her chance back with that man.. awful but true.

Is she telling this woman that SJ will propose to her? Oh my she will find out that is not happening and be mad. That is a big lie.. she should be ashamed.

And his ex wife has started harassing him and calling to start an argument. Its really so she can talk to him.. But to call and say she will take the Villa. She is like a spoiled child trying to gain his attention by doing this and this will not make him stay with her or come back. All it does is make him angry.

Gramps is out looking up books on babies.. and he sees Halmeoni and we see a rekindle of the past. NO way will she allow SJ with is unmarried , single mother grand daughter or give up a chance to be with him again if she can.

JH and our leading lady talk about break ups .Perhaps she tells him about her husband and her breaking up (at least I hope she did.) as he looks at her and asks why and gets mad as he yells asking why again perhaps and she explains something to him as he looks at her.
(Am I the only one that feels they either had a past relationship or he may have liked her?)

Preview:

She talks to her mother and then goes to leave flowers for her father perhaps.  JH has another meeting with the soon to be ex and gets up mad from her as she sits there with tears (this girl is trying to get his attention..) Lil sis and dude are fighting/sparing and I think she kicked him in the wrong spot. She then ask later when they are walking if he is ok.( umm lil sis not by much where you kicked him perhaps.. lol..) He turns to look at her like is she stupid? JH and our girl share a moment as he walks her home perhaps..

Video Credit MBCdrama Channel on YouTube.

I guess we are getting the romance started early so we can see both sides of these men's families have a problem with this relationship. We already know that JH's wife will cut up to find out he likes someone and is starting a new relationship when she still wants him perhaps and will try anything prolly with his mother to break this up. SJ's Halmeoni is not going to allow this either not that our girl will like SJ in this manner.

@LdyGmerm said

JH and our leading lady talk about break ups .Perhaps she tells him about her husband and her breaking up (at least I hope she did.) as he looks at her and asks why and gets mad as he yells asking why again perhaps and she explains something to him as he looks at her.
(Am I the only one that feels they either had a past relationship or he may have liked her?)

The way he yelled was similar to her mom's outburst, that made me feel the same way as you did. Most probably SK never knew his feelings even if it was true. It would also might explain his rushed marriage to that spoiled brat. But then we still dont know anything so I may be wrong too.

@tinatrix236 JY(JH's sister) has been telling everyone around her that she is going to make him fall for her and everyone seems to be ok with that.

Also does anyone know what do JH's dad's and also SJ's companies are? I could only get that JY works in the fashion department of her father"s company.

@Ldy Gmerm ...Thank you for the recap and sorry to cut your post.

I also get the feeling that JH may have been like her and was hurt and disappointed when she ran off with her ex. This might also explain why he was so angry when he saw because it felt like it was more than the fact that she abandoned her job. His colleague also seems to think they are a good match and may have also expected them to end up together in the past.

Meanwhile his crazy obsessed sister is starting to get on my nerves. I really hope SJ's halmoni is not falling for her tricks smh.

@SujathaS

She is crazy...the man is clearly not into her at all. I hope he lets her know that he is in love with another woman but that we know it won't stop her. She has probably never been rejected before and doesn't see how he would not he interested in her. I expect her to do some investigation in order to find out who the mystery woman is and she will lose it when she finds out that her brother may also be interested in the same woman.

Sorry guys, I was a bit busy today..

Video from Episode 9:

She says something to her mother about her father and she either asks why she did not love her father. (You should not be asking so many questions about her relationship with your father before you find out something that will shock you.)

This girl is so childish disturbing his work day to run her mouth with a grudge against him. He needs to get a restraining order or something. She just calls him to get his attention did she need to come all the way there for him to sign the documents? Again she is trying to see him. He walks away from her and she is mad that he does not continue to sit there taking her mess. Really girl?

Seems the kids want to see her and the teacher spar. (well mostly the girls lol) Our guy hesitates and gets a kick in the groan for his trouble (ouch even the boys feel that.)

JH and our girl are at work talking and having a good time and his soon to be ex wife comes up wanting to know who is that and is he dating or something. JH just looks at her rolling his eyes embarrassed as our girl is too at this rude brat.

JH confesses something to our girl after she tells him about her getting a divorce. He gives her something perhaps for a gallery showing to go with him.

Preview:

Our girl seems worried or frustrated about something. JH is looking at his phone texting or waiting on one from someone. JH and our girl meet up for a gallery showing and are talking. JH and our girl are in the car together and his ex wife is following them and speeds up angry about them being together and hits them from behind. (This girl is nuts. way too spoiled if she had killed someone then what she would want daddy to get her out of it.) Little sis looks down for some reason, maybe she is sorry she hurt the teacher lol and he puts her in a headlock. SJ is out and who pops up but JH's sister is she stalking him? He seems a bit surprised to see her as she pours him a drink. SMH (stop with the crazy women) JH and our girl are sitting outside apart smh and she turns to smile at him and he looks at her. that is nuts.. he should be able to talk to or go out with who ever he wants they are getting a divorce.

My thoughts:

JH's soon to be ex wife (can't be too soon really) is not going to be satisfied until she hurts someone. I am telling you this is only the beginning she will expose their friendship causing problems smh. Yeah he made a really bad move in marrying this spoiled crazy girl. What on earth was he thinking? She is like a kid having  a tantrum. IF she can't have him then he should not be happy to find someone new or see other people even if it is innocent or not.

This girl (Si-Won) is crazy, but she seems excellent acting, is one of the few Korean actresses, showing chords facial gestures is representing the feelings, she is not like most actresses / actors Koreans often show stone face, the first time I saw her was in the first reading of the script and then I realized that his performance was completely different and much better than even the major actresses / actors. I'm no expert, but I have 55 years of experience watching soap operas and three years watching dramas :p

@Ldy Gmerm, @tinatrix236, @suchadiva42, @valsava, @LavelyShai

After reading your post I'm going to give this drama a try and see how it goes. Hopefully this writer has gotten better and taken her head out the sand and moved into modern times with the rest of the world. Especially how women are treated (divorced woman and single mothers) The two dramas I've watched of hers (A Thousand Kiss and I Love You Don't Cry). started off strong but then they suddenly turned really bad. I think it's because of her own beliefs that it's how (those above) these type of women should be treated. Another thing about this writer is she loves open endings so be prepared.  I'll be back to join you once I catch up on the eps. 

@ina111

Great to see you here also. 

After reading your post I'm going to give this drama a try and see how it goes. Hopefully this writer has gotten better and taken her head out the sand and moved into modern times with the rest of the world. Especially how women are treated (divorced woman and single mothers) The two dramas I've watched of hers (A Thousand Kiss and I Love You Don't Cry). started off strong but then they suddenly turned really bad. I think it's because of her own beliefs that it's how (those above) these type of women should be treated. Another thing about this writer is she loves open endings so be prepared.  I'll be back to join you once I catch up on the eps. 

@ina111

Glad to see you here! Welcome to the thread. This drama is quite good and I don't have any complaints so far lol. Come back as soon as you get caught up on the episodes. :)

@ina111

@awsparkle, Well my Chingu glad you'll be joining us as I also agree and hoping the writer stay strong in this drama and not having it all out of place.

@ina111

@awsparkle, Well my Chingu glad you'll be joining us as I also agree and hoping the writer stay strong in this drama and not having it all out of place.

@awsparkle  Welcome back to the crazy daily world you to @Suchadiva

Video for Episode 10:

JH and our girl are having a drink just talking at work and his soon to be ex walks up to asks if he is out with someone. She is so rude and sits down to run her mouth to our girl  as she says something to her she is so rude to asks her questions and he tries to say something and she says she is his wife and our girl responds back and this witch says something else to her rude and JH can't control her as she is nasty to her and he drags her away. Our girl doesn't know how to deal with this situation. Dragging her to her car and throwing her in does not do anything as the crazy woman runs her mouth and tries to almost hit him. What did she put down on the table a house key, a car key what? JH comes back to find our girl gone. Not sure what he thought she would do after this awful scene.

Our girl has left and gets off going home to find JH waiting for her and they go to talk at a park sitting separately as he tells her he is sorry and explains to her. She tells him no need to continue to explain and says something else to him perhaps. JH smiles at her saying something and she replies smiling and they sit there for a moment.

He says something to her and she goes to go and he puts her in a head lock and Lil sis sheds some tears upset as he asks what is wrong and she hits him and walks off with him surprised. He goes out to find her sitting in the same park her Eonnie and JH sat in and gives her a drink and she burns her mouth.

JH and our girl are out at the art gallery. Seems like a couple of her friends saw him and texted to her that he was out with someone and sent pictures. She should not care they are getting a divorce but this girl still wants him and is mad he does not want her anymore. Too bad his ex will ruin this outing.

This woman is dangerous she chasing them in the car what is wrong with her? She hit them so hard to cause whip flash and almost caused them to hit someone in the cross walk and hurt them and does not see that she did is wrong and then she walks over to hit our girl. Our girl is shocked by this treatment from this crazy woman (sorry but this woman would have been punched in the mouth crazy twit!)  I would call the police on her and have her arrested.  Now she will really go nuts because he won't stop to talk to her and puts her in the car and leaves her there. She looks really insane right there. (This man is divorcing you and from the looks of it he really has suffered with her spoiled crazy self.)  JH is embarrassed at what happened and he should be. He needs to stop seeing this woman except at work or as a friend until he clears up what is going on with his ex. He can see she will continue to interrupt anything he does if it is with a woman. No matter if it is business or innocent.

Preview:

JH is racing to where the ex wife has called out our girl to again try and stake claim on a man that is divorcing her. JH drags his wife out somewhere and they argue some more. HE is just wasting his breath with her because she is not going to listen she wants to make his life hell and will.  (This girl has to made to see this man is never coming back to her.) Lil sis is out with her guy and turns to say something to him making him seem shy. Gramps is meeting with SJ and says something to him (is this about his grandmother or our girl?) that makes SJ look to him. JH is on the roof looking upset and frustrated with his voice saying sorry. Our girl is at the park upset. JH has come to see her but she looks away and walks away from him with her having said something in the background leaving him stunned. (I guess he has way too much drama right now. Trust she will too when the her ex shows up. ) Perhaps she told him to keep it business like or to not see her at all.

JH's ex is crazy and should have been reported for what she did. She almost got others killed and she dares to shout about JH being her husband. The crazy twit needs to be committed before she kills someone smh. I was glad that SY had given birth to her baby otherwise it could have been serious. Once again, how did JH end up with such an insane woman?!

As soon as SJ's uncle came on the scene, I knew he would do something ridiculous. He has put his nephew in an awkward position when the man was trying to get rid of JH's sister. It's crazy that he would even do that without knowing if the woman is a crazy obsessed stalker..oh wait I think she may be one smh.

I guess no daily is complete without a mooching relative of some sort. Can someone explain to me what he is wearing here, and, more importantly, WHERE CAN I BUY ONE? :D

oGC97aW.jpg

@SujathaS It's been a while since you brought this up, but I think SJ's father's company name is 미래전자 (not sure how to translate that - "Future Electronics" maybe?), and they mentioned SJ visiting a factory a while back, so my guess was that it's some kind of an electronics manufacturing company. Not sure about JH's father's company yet. Does anyone else know? If I heard right, they called it AF group, and I think JY is a design department head there.

@awsparkle It's great to see you here! 

@tinatrix236 I completely agree, I would have called the police too. I'm surprised that Su Jin's car wasn't seriously damaged, there was quite a bit of force in that impact. I'll be honest, I was pretty amused by her antics until now, but she crossed the line today. Unfortunately, since she and JH are still not divorced because of that month long cooling off period in the divorce process, she'll feel like she has every right to harass SG. smh

@Ldy Gmerm Thank you for the summary and videos. I think that the thing JH's stb-x wife left on the table was his seal. She used the jointly-owned villa (a gift from her father) as an excuse to meet him the last couple of times, and he gave her his seal so she can take his name off the deed (or sell the villa, I forget what it was they agreed on).

From the character descriptions and the first few meetings between SG and JH, I expected that there would be more conflict in their work relationship, but it's been smooth sailing so far. A while back JH offered SG a position as a writer and she accepted (she's supposed to keep working until the programming reshuffle next spring), and now their show is even receiving praises from the bosses. When SG said she was having a hard time writing today, he took her to an exhibition for some inspiration and fresh air. They seem to make a good team, and I really like their chemistry. :wub: Su Jin is crazy, but she's got a good radar. She'll probably be the one to make JH aware that he likes SG.

According to the preview, grandpa will tell SJ about SG's divorce in the next episode. I can't wait to see how SJ handles that news. ;)

Guest gnaveyar

hi guys! i'm in on this daily too...hopefully the story will continue to be good

yipes! the ex-wife is really crazy! hahahaha! but how dangerous to just give your own seal to your ex...and she's declaring revenge...
I wonder if she will use it to do something
JH's sister has real strong potential on the mental scale too...in fact the women around him - his sister, ex, mom, even the house help, all seem high risk potential..

chinese subs for this show come out once a week (5 episodes together on fri late night or sat) so if anyone needs some simple translation for certain parts, you can give a shoutout!

@ina111    google "adidas floral tracksuit" and discover a whole new fashion dimension! :sweatingbullets:

thanks @Ldy Gmerm  for putting videos and summary. :w00t:

The previous drama " A daughter just like you" was subbed so hopefully this one too. 

@gnaveyar  if you can translate the preview for ep 11 that will be so great. looks like SG is giving JH a cold shoulder. 

Quick question ,  is SG officially divorced or she just left her husband?

im scared JH's ex wife will use his seal to cancel the divorce. (i don't know if things like that can happen actually)

Video for Episode 11:

So he is a bit jealous huh lol.

This woman is nuts to show up at her house to meet her and dares to tell her to quit working with JH. Come on she is completely crazy.

This twit smiles like she has done something good only JH is pissed off and drags her to his car and throws her in the back seat. She thinks she has won this round but she tells him possibly she got rid of SG and is not going to like what he has to say when he cautions her on messing in his life. She should be very scared of him right now he looked very frightening. (When you push people to the limit they tend to fight back.)

JH comes home drunk after having to deal with that crazy woman and her messing in his life. His mother and father are shocked to see him this way but that woman is driving him mad with her antics. Poor Guy.

SG's grandfather meets with SJ and he inquires about her perhaps and SJ finds out about SG's divorce from her grandfather and he seems surprised by it. What whill he do now. Will he see that as a green flat to peruse her?

Preview:

Looks like crazy sister shows up at SJ's office.Seems that JH's sister sees SJ out with SG as she talks to her catty girl friends as well and he seems to notice her looking across the room. SG's grandfather has gotten dressed up nicely to go out as YS watches.( Is this a date to meet up with SJ's halmeoni?) We see his grandson wiping down the car as he comes out. SJ's grandmother is teaching a class it seems. Lil sis and her soon to be boyfriend are out eating cart food and he looks at her. She is later at home perhaps looking up at the sky and then moisturizing her face seeming frustrated. JH's ex is back in the hair salon getting her hair done (what on earth is that doing to her head it looks like spiders attached to it?) when JH's sister walks over to her and pushes her forehead hard and walks away.. LOL oh yeah she is a match for her and they will go at it now until they realize that SG is being seen with JH and SJ and then they will band together lol.

Video Credit MBCdrama channel on YouTube.

@gnaveyar ...Good to have you here with us and please do help us out with the translations whenever you can. Thank you! :)

@Ldy Gmerm Thank you for the recap.

JH really is surrounded by crazy women and that's why he is drawn to SY. He seems to be more at peace whenever he's around her than when he's with his crazy wife. It was so sad to see him in such a miserable state because he realizes just how hard it will be to rid himself of her. He must be wondering what he ever saw in her and what he was thinking when he married her. The crazy twit won't let go easily and will cause a lot of problems which will only push JH and SY closer than before. 

Sj on the other hand has to deal with JH's sister who seems to be trying to stake her claim. Just what was the point of going over to speak to him when he was with someone else? She is a nuisance and SJ needs to be firmer in his rejections of her advances or else she'll keep getting the wrong idea. Not that it will stop her...she obviously doesn't like losing and will fight even harder when she realizes that he's in love with a single mother. 

Archived