Chinese Title: 美麗的你
Previously Known as: 황금연못 / Golden Pond
Genre: Family, Romance
Episodes: 122
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2015-Nov-09 to 2016-May-06
Air time: Monday to Friday 20:55

Synopsis

인생의 고비마다 겪게 되는 가족 간의 갈등을 통해 더욱 단단해진 가족의 모습과 결혼과 이혼을 통해 만나게 되는 삶에 대한 성찰과 인생의 진정한 사랑을 찾아가는 험난하고도 달콤한 여정을 그린 드라마

Translation:

"Every climax of life to undergo, the family through conflict with features of the family which hardened more through marriage and divorce to meet, about the life the love which reflection and life calmed down goes is difficult, also the sweet itinerary the drama draw"

*Translation subjected to be edited.

Cast

Main Cast

Lee So Yeon as Cha Suk Yeong
Kang Eun Tak as Ha Jin Hyung
Seo Do Young as Kim Seong Joon

Cha Suk Yeong’s Family

Jung Ae Ri
Park Geun Hyung
Kim Kyu Sun
Gong Myung

Ha Jin Hyung’s Family

Han Ki Joong
Moon Hee Kyung
Lee Seul Ah

Kim Seong Joon’s Family

Ban Hyo Jung
Choi Seok Goo (최석구)

Others

Yeo Eui Joo
Kim Ji Sung
Lee Shi Won
Hong Yoon Hee (홍윤희)

Production Credits

Director: Go Dong Sun, Park Sang Hoon
Screenwriter: Park Jung Ran

Poster

Beautiful You Poster1 Beautiful You Poster2

(Other Photo from Official Site)

Beautiful You1 Beautiful You2 Beautiful You3 Beautiful You4

Official Site

Trailer

Credit :http://www.koreandrama.org/beautiful-you/

This drama features:

Seo Do Young who played as Park Chan Woo in the Drama Enchanting Neighbor.

Kang Eun Tak who played as Jang Hwa Um in the Drama Apgujeong Midnight Sun.

There are a few other well known actors and actresses from other drama's past and currently airing in this daily as well.

The writer for this was also the writer for Mother's Garden.

This drama is replacing  A Daughter Like You.

NOTICE TO ALL - PLEASE READ!

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming.

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever,Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

I did a search for this drama and did not find that a thread had been created.. Hopefully I have not stepped on any toes in making this thread. I am apprehensive to look at this one due to the screenwriter's past project but I do want to see Seo Do Young and Kang Eun Tak.

Lets hope all goes well with this one when it starts in a week but with dailies you never know what will happen. 

**For those I told in the thread of the drama this one is replacing I was not making a thread for this one. I am now eating my words LOL..

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome post. but I there is already a thread for this drama to replace A daughter like you.. started Saturday..

http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/378637-upcoming-drama-2015-beautiful-you-아름다운-당신-855pm-kst/

Sorry about that, I looked for a thread before creating one, but failed to find it. Since there was already a few replies I just merged them together. 

I'm a huge fan of Gong Myung so I wanted to support his new drama :)  

No problem.. I did a search as well before creating this thread and got no replies back on it.. I am not sure if the search feature for this new forum is set correctly so I figured either I would have made a duplicate or someone else would.. I had not had a chance to go back out to gather more drama information and pictures and your thread had all of that.. thanks for merging them..

I am hesitant to start this one but I hope this drama goes well dailies are so unpredictable.. lol

@valsava I think the first episode will air next Monday. 

@Ldy Gmerm, @LavelyShai and @Misstwilightfan1416 - Thank you for sharing all of this information. @Ldy Gmerm, thank you very much for starting the thread. 

I got pretty excited about this drama, but reading the comments about the writer's previous work has made me worried. I'll probably start watching it anyway, and see how it goes. "Hwang Geum Bok" is ending soon and I'm looking for a new daily to follow. I definitely wouldn't mind watching our enchanting neighbor Seo Do Yeong in another drama. I don't remember Lee So Yeon very well from her other work, but I know that she's a very experienced actress. I didn't watch "Apgujeong", but I remember Kang Eun Tak fondly from "Land of Gold". (Sadly, I never got to finish that one because I cancelled the subscription the channel that was re-broadcasting it, and those were the only subs I could find.)

I made a version of the character relationship chart with romanized names. If anyone notices an error somewhere, please let me know and I'll fix it. (Thanks in advance!)  Minor note: It looks like Lee So Yeon's character's first name is misspelled on koreandrama.org. It should be Seo Gyeong/Kyeong not Suk Yeong.

Original image source: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/beautiful/cast/index.html

WeqIIJM.jpg

A couple more images.

First filming (Seo Do Yeong and Lee So Yeon)

I think this is their first drama together since "Spring Waltz" in 2006.

image source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201510190916010410

Onkjcz5.jpg

Script reading

image source: http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1444800401996905002

xKZQQyK.jpg

image source: http://chicnewsm.mk.co.kr/article.php?aid=144480160972901006#cb

vUgmIbv.jpg

@LavelyShai From what I understand, quite a few of MBC dailies get English subs on ondemandkorea.com, and I'm hoping that this one will be the same. The subs seem to lag by about a month, but that's still pretty good. SBS daily dramas are the worst when it comes to subs.

I can't wait to see how this drama starts.. Monday is the day.. lets all hope for a great start, a awesome middle and a interesting end with a lot less crazy .. (what am I saying.. its a daily crazy will be part of it.. LMAO..)

Have a great weekend guys and see you around this thread to chat about the 1st episode.

I don't watch daily drama.  I'm not familiar with any of the stars here but I want to watch this.. for the reason I mentioned in my previous post. Also..because kbsworld keeps airing that  tale of two sisters drama - and I keep watching...ha ha ha guilty pleasure drama lol.. watching park se young. I want to see her in another drama tho.

Thanks LavelyShai for the pics.

Here's hoping  it'll be good story cos after 7 or 8 episodes I get bored especially if I don't like the story..

If anyone's interested, the main character descriptions (in English) can be found on the MBC Global Media page. They give a nice bit of background to the story.
http://content.mbc.co.kr/program/drama/2713067_64285.html

I came across a couple of videos with material from the production press conference held on November 4.

(Kim Gyu Seon looks adorable with short hair.)

The second video is fairly long. If you want to skip around, the teaser starts around 3:20, and Kang Eun Tak's press conference interview at 5:40.

A few photos from the same event

Photo credit: newsway.kr (Full article: http://www.newsway.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2015110415331548457)

2015110415331548457_20151104161525_1.jpg

2015110414595744293_20151104150053_1.jpg

from Seo Do Yeong's Instagram

@LavelyShai, I'm not sure if you saw these already - they're supposed to be photos from Gong Myung's first filming for this drama. 

Image credit: newsway.kr (Full article: http://www.newsway.co.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2015102908481624279)

2015102908481624279_20151031085100_1.jpg

*waves to everyone* Less than two days to go!

@LavelyShai From what I understand, Byun Jin Ho is Seo Gyeong's baby's father. His character is not listed with the rest of the cast, so he probably won't be showing up any time soon. The character descriptions in Korean also mention that SG's mother was opposed to their relationship, and that SG had abandoned everything to go to the US with him. I think the main part of this story starts 2 years after that, when SG returns to Korea single and very pregnant. She encounters Jin Hyeong and Seong Jun as soon as she arrives at the airport. As shown in the teasers and stills, JH is not very nice to her at first. It seems that he's holding a grudge because of the way SG left their radio program two years prior. However, if I understood the teaser right, he'll find himself in need of a writer, and he and SG will end up working together again. :)  

I decided to peek in on the first episode and it looks so good. I have to wait for the raw as I got to do something else and can't watch.. this is me right now..:tears: (crying) I should have never taken a peek.. lmao..

Video from Episode 1:

Our girl meets up with our leading guy at the airport after being gone for so long. He is surprised to see her and pregnant and she sees him and makes a comment about long time no see.

She really should not have been trying to get that heavy suitcase off that belt by herself. She ends up hurting her ankle and our other hottie helps her up and puts her luggage on a cart only to come up behind her and take her luggage so that she can use the cart to help her foot. He is truly a knight in shinning armor so nice.. She calls him Oppa I thought I heard before the cab pulls off.

Our mommy to be relives the argument with her mother about her marriage to someone mom did  approve of. Did her husband die or did he leave her ?  If he left her then she should have listened to mom instead of giving up everything for him. I think mom and daughter are way too much alike in personality and this is why the bump heads.

Her grandfather and younger siblings are happy to see her but mom is still holding a grudge and tells her to get out to leave and they argue. Even after all this time you would cast out your heavily pregnant daughter mom.. NOT good lady and you will not be happy doing that.

Our boy has come home and tells his parents he can't live with is wife and is seeking divorce perhaps.

Preview:

Mom is till not happy to have her home.. Looks like our leads meet again and his soon to be ex wife comes up to see them together and has a fit maybe. Our knight finds her again and is happy while younger sis is wiping butt lol..

Video Credit MBCdrama Channel on YouTube.

@Ldy Gmerm  

Our girl meets up with our leading guy at the airport after being gone for so long. He is surprised to see her and pregnant and she sees him and makes a comment about long time no see.

She really should not have been trying to get that heavy suitcase off that belt by herself. She ends up hurting her ankle and our other hottie helps her up and puts her luggage on a cart only to come up behind her and take her luggage so that she can use the cart to help her foot. He is truly a knight in shinning armor so nice.. She calls him Oppa I thought I heard before the cab pulls off.

Her grandfather and younger siblings are happy to see her but mom is still holding a grudge and tells her to get out to leave and they argue. Even after all this time you would cast out your heavily pregnant daughter mom.. NOT good lady and you will not be happy doing that.

Our boy has come home and tells his parents he can't live with is wife and is seeking divorce perhaps.

Thanks for the video with recap. I'm going to check later :)

@Ldy Gmerm, thank you for the videos. That was a nice first episode. I wish I could have watched it with subs to get more of the story. I'm really curious to know what SG told/will tell her family about the baby's father. All I understood is that she told them that he's doing well, but I don't know if she at any point explained why she's returned to Korea without him. 

It will be interesting to watch how SG and Yeong Seon's relationship evolves. YS has a lot of bagagge, what with her history with Jin Hyeong's father and the affair between SG's father and YS's close friend. It couldn't have been easy for her to accept and raise SG, and SG's departure two years ago must have felt like another betrayal. 

As we expected, JH's show lost a writer (hurt in a car accident), so he'll need to find a replacement soon. I imagine he will not want to ask SG until all of his other options are exhausted. :D  I wonder how that job situation will work out for SG because her baby is due pretty soon.

WOW, the relationship between SG and YS is really complicated. Her father (YS husband) cheated with YS's best friend and SG was the result and YS ended up raising the child? How did this even happen (not the first time we have seen this in a drama.) but is SG aware she is not her bio daughter, do the other children know as well? What about YS's father (or is that her husbands father that lives with them?)  OMO, then we have the past relationship between JH's father and YS.  I see problems when these two may become interested in one another. From his family (his mother is already clingy.. geez but his father definitely) over her being a single mother and who her mother is.

Thank goodness for grandfather.. having her stay.. I was truly upset with YS no matter how angry she is. SG is limping and heavily pregnant and although you are angry you want to cast her out!! Be angry and fight it out but do not send her out in her condition!

I am really interested to find out if she and her hubby were ever married and if so why did they have a child if they were going to break up? Of course things change in the span of  8mos but wow To travel in her condition was really risky. I have to wonder if this is a amicable break or if she caught him cheating or something. Of course he could have decided he was done and asks for a divorce. Either way coming back heavily pregnant and having to be a single mother will be hard for her.

I can't even imagine her being able to to find a job in her condition as close as she looks to having the child. Most employers will not wan to take that chance and she will have to be out to deliver as well and recover. JH's offer even if she is the last resort will prolly be right on time for her.

I have a feeling his ex wife is going to be a problem and I see her husband showing up as well later when she and JH are falling for one another. 

MMM where does our other handsome guy fall in other then having a one sided love for her? Where is episode 2.. lol

Archived