[Drama 2015/2016] Beautiful You 아름다운 당신 8:55 pm KST

Ldy Gmerm

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Seo Do Young's character the second male lead in this family drama?? 

@thunderman1, Yes chingu SDY is playing the second male lead.

Well I've caught up and I'm liking it so far but the way SG was yelling I thought she was going to lose conscious :rolleyes: I agree JH ex is a trip and a half how she came her butt to her MIL house and when I saw her luggage, I said oh hell the chic is definitely moving back in but only came to get the rest of her belongings lol. And as for SJ is he falling for SG as well, I hope not even though he seems like a nice guy and with 120 episodes, I really don't want to see a love triangle between JH/SG/SJ, but other then that I'll be looking forward to seeing the next episode.

Glad to finally find a thread for this drama. Frankly, it was love at first watch for me. The starting mood was just great. Everything started from bad. I hope that the drama will continue to make me feel so nice watching it (korean drama are usually too full of cliche and this is maddening !).

Video for episode 4:

JH is angry at SG about her not being able to meet him for their work and comes to her house and calls her out and tells her that he will give her a car to get where she needs to and SG seems surprised and he tells her to take the keys and SG is shocked as he says something else putting keys in her hand.

SG confesses to her family she is a single mom and will raise the baby alone.. Mom and gramps say nothing as her brother calls out a bit shocked.

Gramps is bothered by things and gives YS some advice to perhaps not be this way to SG. I have to wonder if he tells her that even if she is not her blood she is her child as she raised her.

SJ gives SG a ride to work and he has a good feeling with her as they talk. He asks for her hand phone to put his number in to call him if she needs a ride back or maybe to talk. SG looks a bit uncomfy as he gets out to open her door. She thanks him and he tells her to go in. He tells her he will come back to get her and wants to know what time she is done and she tries to say she will catch a taxi and he says it may be hard to catch one at that time and will come back perhaps.

SG comes out and tries to catch a cab and just as SJ predicted it is very hard for her to catch one.. (Wow, that cab went past her in her pregnant state..) SJ shows up and SG tries to decline the ride but he ushers her to the car. (he is a cutie and a knight in shinning armor but SJ is creeping my out lol.. )

JH comes out from work and sees SG waiting for him and he comes over smiling asking if she came to meet him and she looks at him. 

Preview:

Seems our leading lady has two men that are reflecting.YS and SG seem to be out to look at baby things and JH and SG meet to talk and seem to be having a moment.

Video Credit MBCdrama Channel on YouTube.

*note video may be out of order as I have not seen the episode yet.

@Ldy Gmerm .....Thank you for the recap.

@Araminta Jouana ...Welcome to the thread. Looking forward to your future posts. :)

It's funny, while SJ seems to be attracted to SG, his halmoni is setting him up on a blind date ....lol! She seems like the understanding type so I think she will back off once he lets her know that he is interested in someone. The major obstacle of course is SG's pregnancy so that put halmoni off the idea. 

I just love watching SG and JH together ..the chemistry between them is so real yet they have no idea lol! I think JH will fall in love with her in no time at all but she won't be so eager to jump into another relationship so soon especially with a baby in tow. She was hurt by her ex who cheated on her(she mentions it to the family that he had another woman it seems) and so will have a lot of trust issues.

Ditto! Hi Chingu! I've been behind on a lot of dramas lately since I'm catching up on my top C-dramas. 

Yey, somebody who watches cdrama. I'm not the only! I bet you're watching LMIYD or LC.. haha :P  If you guys don't know or haven't see LMIYD.. soooo good!! watch that one. If I have to recommend..LMIYD!

But back this.. I'm watching this as well because.....I like! even if I don't understand the dialogue :D

Going to watch raw now.  And once this drama is sub.. I'm going to repeat.

Ditto! Hi Chingu! I've been behind on a lot of dramas lately since I'm catching up on my top C-dramas. 

Yey, somebody who watches cdrama. I'm not the only! I bet you're watching LMIYD or LC.. haha :P  If you guys don't know or haven't see LMIYD.. soooo good!! watch that one. If I have to recommend..LMIYD!

But back this.. I'm watching this as well because.....I like! even if I don't understand the dialogue :D

Off topic? hehe

I am part Chinese so I love watching mainland C-dramas. And yes, LMIYD is on my watch list.

What is LC? 

I am following Bromance--T-drama, rewatching Sound of Desert, and other wuxia dramas.

Off topic? hehe

I am part Chinese so I love watching mainland C-dramas. And yes, LMIYD is on my watch list.

What is LC? 

I am following Bromance--T-drama, rewatching Sound of Desert, and other wuxia dramas.

LC is Love Cuisine :) kinda like sorta like Oh My Ghostess of pby and jjs.

And Monday.. we got a whole of Beautiful You! Here's hoping I don't get bored because usually when it reaches like 10 episodes I lose interest ( hence I like jdorama cos length of ep just about right) so I hope the story will progress to something exciting.

Video for Episode 5:

Im wondering why YS is thinking about her being SG's adoptive mom is she having problems thinking she can be a grandmother to this baby?

JH and SG meet and talk.

Lil sis and karate guy are bickering again.. smh

Why is she so nervous about her?

So his grandmother is picking out a marriage choice for him.. lol..

Preview:

oh wow we have two men in the waiting room as she has her baby. YS flashes back to when hubby brought home SG it seems as a baby and she threw water on him. We see SJ bringing flowers to her as she recovers and JH thinking about her perhaps at work. Looks like Halmeoni is thinking about her past relationship with SG's gramps.

*excuse any videos out of order as I have not watched the episode or wrong names as I will correct them later.

Video from Episode 6:

JH shows up at her house and brings her something lol.. being sweet.. both are shy lol..

Is this the match his grandmother wants for him? I don't like her already she has that look that she will want him because he does not want her and will make trouble. Is this JH's sister? If so then we know she will have a one sided love for SJ.

Finally JH and the ex get the divorce and he asks her out for coffee but they end up arguing. This girl is a mess. She should have just parted like adults and tried to act her age as he says sorry to her. She creates a scene spiraling the convo into an argument. Spoiled brat.

Oh, ohhh SJ is out with our girl and she starts having labor pains. He tells her to get up to get her to the doctor and JH comes in and sees her and he asks if he is the father and JH suggest calling for help as SJ goes to get her bag they both giving each other the eye as they try to help her out.

Mom and sis pull up running. Mom asks about her and SJ explains and Mom goes to see about her and then sis says hello and then sees JH and runs over to see him to say hi and she asks why he is there and then says are you there for her sister and says something about her Eonnie having two people there maybe and goes off to find her mother lol

New mommy has her baby and we see new baby laid on mom as she talks to him and we see her family and SJ notified and they are all happy and smiling and mom thanks SJ and he makes his excuses and leaves. JH is thinking at work and he gets the text she had the baby and smiles from lil sis.  We see Halmeoni looking at the baby in the nursery and she thinks back to when hubby came by with the baby in his arms and she threw water on him almost getting the baby wet but he does not say anything as he looks at a young SG. Mom covers her up in her room and touches her face. She remembers reading the letter from her friend and she screaming and crying and we flash back to the present.

Preview:

The family is there to coo over the baby. Brother and sis are trying to get the baby things together in the room. JH text our new mom in the hospital and she responds back to him. SJ is meeting with that woman again and he takes a drink. SJ comes to see her bringing flowers and we hear her grandfathers voice in the background maybe meeting him. She seems a bit uncomfy with the visit. What a cute baby and she does a drawing of him talking to him about his mom and smiling later as she holds him. 

Is this the match his grandmother wants for him? I don't like her already she has that look that she will want him because he does not want her and will make trouble. Is this JH's sister? If so then we know she will have a one sided love for SJ.

@ldy-gmerm,  Thanks for the video cap and I agree I don't like her either he got to the court office and didn't stop filing for that divorce she will end up with the station guy but I like the other one for her but that girl that came to his office is to much for a first meeting and she so out of his league..

Well she gave birth to a beautiful baby is it a boy or a girl I can't tell.. Also the woman that's playing her mom never play a good mom role in any drama I've seen her in

@ldy-gmerm,  Thanks for the video cap and I agree I don't like her either he got to the court office and didn't stop filing for that divorce she will end up with the station guy but I like the other one for her but that girl that came to his office is to much for a first meeting and she so out of his league..

Well she gave birth to a beautiful baby is it a boy or a girl I can't tell.. Also the woman that's playing her mom never play a good mom role in any drama I've seen her in

Yes that is JH's sister. I think she takes after her mother and may even be worse. She will be very nasty when she realizes that he is in love with another woman.

It was so funny watching the two men have a mini argument over who got to take care of our girl..LMAO! SJ looked so irritated when JH showed up and couldn't understand why he wouldn't back off. SK's mother and sister were very impressed with both men and mentioned how lucky SK is lol. SK will choose one man and unfortunately it won't be SJ. :(

@Ldy Gmerm

JH bought SK some dumplings. Remember he saw her staring at the dumplings after their meeting in the last episode. At least it shows that he does care about her a lot and doesn't know it yet. 

Video from Episode 7:

Preview:

Video credit MBCdrama channel on Youtube..

Sorry guys.. did not have a chance today to type up something to go with the video.. but we can see in the preview. that JH's ex wife is still a problem and making him angry and his sister is basically starting to stalk SJ..

I've been wary of following a daily drama again, but somehow I've ended up starting to follow this show. This drama has all the tropes overused in dailies- the birth secret, love triangle, crazy supporting female characters- but hope the drama will be good till the end.

@Ldy Gmerm 

About JH and his wife's divorce, what I understood was that though they have filed for divorce they have to wait for some time for the divorce to be finalized. If she realizes JH is showing interest in someone else she will sure cause problems.

I think this is the first time I'm liking all the members of the female lead's family. I hope they remain the same throughout.

Archived