[Daily Drama 2015/2016] Best Couple 최고의 연인| Monday-Friday 19:15

joy17

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

In preview I even saw period after wedding. I thought, that it will be more logical to end it there, but anyway it's a good end.

could you give me the website or link where you saw the preview.....thanks!....MBC did say it was the last episode 116.

2 hours ago, chasen8888 said:

Unfortunately there is going to be a serious accident with Se Ran as the casualty as she tried to prevent her mother from killing AR

Do you know if she is hurt bad or even dies and was she the only that got hurt?.......did it show in preview?

2 hours ago, chasen8888 said:

surprise coming from everyone about JP's identity and connection to BB -

I had tears streaming down when BB and JP were reunited as brother and sister....Its like I knew it would turn out that way but still it was so emotional that I actually had tears rolling down when watching the preview and the actual episode of the reunion.....I surprised myself !!!!!

I guess the mystery regarding HK mom's baby girl didnt get included in the Drama huh?

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Brenda Capers There was no preview as to the last episode, however from the last scene we saw that Se Ran was trying to prevent her mother from killing AR - GHJ was choking her.  However GHJ was determined to kill AR, she pushed AR with her hands on her neck under the scaffold which had some bricks on top, Se Ran pushed her mother away at that time the scene stopped with the scaffold being tilted and the bricks falling.  Since AR was under the scaffold she is not likely to get hurt much, GHJ was away from it so the victim is very likely to be Se Ran who was directly in front of the scaffold as to the seriousness of the accident that will show in ep 116.  But should Se Ran survive this will be more than a wake up call for GHJ to change her ways as she is responsible for the accident.

37 minutes ago, Brenda Capers said:

I guess the mystery regarding HK mom's baby girl didnt get included in the Drama huh?

There was no mystery, just a mother grieving for her child who died.  The PDs was somewhat playing with the viewers mind.  HK's mom had two children, the one that died and Kang Mi.  However she adopted and raised KH as her own because he was the son of her first love (see ep. when she demanded a divorce, stating his cheating etc and the husband supposedly justifying reasons for his actions in which he claim that she never treated him with respect etc or loved him but loved KH's father who he hated). Plus as stated in an earlier post this story was not needed per se, all it did was use AR to become the daughter that she lost when AR saved her earlier - she collapsed in the room.  She learned to appreciate, accept and love AR as a daughter and her son's wife.

4 hours ago, airgelaal said:

In preview I even saw period after wedding. I thought, that it will be more logical to end it there, but anyway it's a good end.

I agree.  I am glad my prediction that YK and AR ending up together in the finale is looking very unlikely.  As painful as it was watching this series, only about 30 of these 116 episodes were worth watching, KH and AR being together at the end makes up for it all.

Today was definitely the final episode and it ended fairly decently.  This is what happened:

Spoiler
  • Se Ran got hurt trying to protect Ah Reum, the damage was serious.  Before she went unconscious she told her mother to stop now.  She is in a coma, it does not look good for her survival.
  • Go Heung Ja feels remorse for her actions now aware that she may lose her daughter; she is blaming herself and is begging forgiveness from Ah Reum.  She tried to commit suicide but Ah Reum and the men i.e. Kang Ho & Young Kwang stopped her.  She broke down in front of Ah Reum who forgave her.
  • Kang Mi and mom resolved their issues before she left for New York, she felt inadequate as to being compared to her dead sister etc. and she stated why she acted up at times.  The mother apologize and they hugged.
  • Some time has passed est 6 months to 1 year.  Bong Gi and Gyu are doing well and will become parents..
  •  The mother finally accepted Bo Bae and gave her control of the house and the bank books.  Jean Paul is there to witness the celebration.
  • Kang Ho and Young Kwang met for a drink it seems that Young Kwang is going to Milan. The men are jovial to each other
  • The boutique has been renovated and is doing well.  Ah Reum is the head of the boutique.

• Ah Jeong and the doctor had gotten married they are of course happy with Sae Rom. 

• Miracle of miracles Kang Ho had actually gotten his dessert - Ah Reum and she is now pregnant.  He told his father this when he visited him in prison. The chairman has aged and he congratulates Kang Ho on being a father and show sincere regret.

• Kang Ho's mom has taken over the chairman's position of Dream Group, the company is doing well.   She wants Kang Ho to take over the position, but he says that he is fine being president of Dream Fashion.
  • Ah Reum teaches sewing at the woman's prison of which Go Heung Ja is an inmate. She told the story of how Go Heung Ja influenced her in fashion without naming her but she hears all the same.
  • Se Ran is still in the hospital, Ah Reum visited her telling her as to what her mom is up to.  It seems that she will recover as there was some movement.
  • It ends with a wedding renewal of all three ladies i.e. Bo Bae, Ah Jeong and Ah Reum to their respective spouses.  There is a huge family picture being taken with entrance from Kang Mi and Park Byung Gi.  Ah Reum narrates at the end.   

All ends well. I will not say that this is the best daily that I have seen so far because that would not be true.  However if I was to compare it with the four dailies that I have tried to watch this year i.e. Heaven's Promise. Witch Castle; Unusual Family & Best Couple.  This would be ranked #2 as there was growth for all the main and minor characters in the show.  The baddies did get forgiveness but they got punished as well by serving prison time for the crimes they committed and as show remorse/regret for their past actions later on.   My complaints lie primarily with  (i) the fashion as I had a hard time believing/supporting it - they were not  that spectacular and at times sub par in giving Umph; so at times I had to question the taste of their customers - what are they seeing that I am not and my personal taste is not weird but leans towards the classy, chic look;  (ii) the lack of intimacy shown for the OTP - Kang Ho/Ah Reum which I had at times had trouble believing they were a true couple thus explaining a miracle that she got pregnant, we as viewers were not looking for complete intimate exposure but some real indication that they were a real couple  e.g.-   the couple actual kissing upon confession by Ah Reum that she loved Kang Ho, later a hotel room scene with her & him in tasteful lingerie, he gives her a hug & serious kiss -with I love you/ you are my woman words by Kang Ho the lights go out, we as viewers will believe the rest; (iii) the waste or lack of a decent story line for some of the minor characters once their part was played out the PDs did not know what to do with them at all except create unnecessary nuisance in the story line or as a add on e.g. Kang Mi was just there after her mess with Ah Jeong's marriage, chasing Young Kwang; it is the same with Park Byung Gi who had nothing to do for a supposedly busy lawyer just be irritant in Ah Jeong's & Woo Kyung's lives; Young Kwang's mom who was a busybody and gossip.  

For the remaining in terms of ranking (1) Heaven's Promise (4) Witch  (WT#) Castle & Unusual Family (ep 1 was more than enough for me).

Thanks for watching and enjoying this daily with me.  Until the next forum or post wish you well.

1 hour ago, chasen8888 said:

For the remaining in terms of ranking (1) Heaven's Promise (4) Witch  (WT#) Castle & Unusual Family (ep 1 was more than enough for me).

I agree with all that you said in your quote....thanks for the translation and what happened in final episode...............

Spoiler

I have started watching Another Miss Oh.....great comedy romance......Five Children......great family romance......Happy Home another great family romance......these shows are the ones im watching now and they are good....I am trying to steer away from drama's with 120eps....they always seem to start off good and drag in the middle and then go straight downhill to terrible in the end..............

The remaining terms of ranking for me is: (1) Heaven's Promise (4) Witch's Castle & My Son n Law ( I have dropped these (2) Drama's ridiculous)....... since Unusual Family has just started I didnt like the interactions of the mothers and daughters so I stopped watching for a minute......now I just FF their parts and also the neice.

Thats quite an awful ending, sure Kang Ho and Ah Reum are good people and will forgive GHJ and the dad, but its way over the top even for a KDrama that everyone in the story make amends and gets along in the end.  I still have to wait for the whole finale to air in my region, but AR and KH should have one good kiss, we haven't got one since they were pretending to be dating 100 episodes ago.  More than half of these 116 episodes were a complete waste of time, but KH and AR are together in the end, so I declare this a good drama.

I finally watched the last episode with subs though it was a decent ending, I sort of have this issue with kdramas and the term forgive, in that I believe that it is abused a lot in these shows.  A person did wrong, you can forgive them however based on the level/nature of the sin committed it does not mean that one should take them back in their lives, it does not matter how remorseful that person is.  What GHJ and the Chairman did to KH/AR and their family, plus to the KH's mom as well as other people were not mild wrongs these were extremely serious transgressions. We are referring to murder, fraud, corruption, theft, frame, conspiracy to harm etc.  The fact that these main characters after forgiving them are willing to embrace them back into their lives to me is a huge no no, that is unacceptable.  As a matter of fact they should be spending over ten years in prison minimum because of said crimes, no matter how regretful/remorseful they are. It is a common term that the punishment should fit the crime/s.  It is clear from watching most of these kdramas that it appears to be no proper consequences for serious crimes in that country legal system.  One is given the impression that in another 3 years or so GHJ and the Chairman will be out of jail, those sentences are inadequate and do not match said crime.

That subsequent action by KH,AR and the mom to the perpetrators are too generous and is dangerous.  KH's mom should move on with her life and if anything find someone better because she was treated like crap and disrespected in the marriage yet she is willing to take him back - h-ll No!!  I do not care how good a marriage it was, though to it is clear us it was not. KH decides not to hate his father and willing to let him in their lives due to their past relationship -  No Way as far as I am concerned that is a small payment for killing his parents.  Fine do not hate him but for pete sake do not let him in your lives; it is the same with AR and GHJ where she promised to return the boutique to GHJ for what?  When these people have served their respective terms they should move on with their own life and keep a good preferably permanent distance from those they did harm to, that is the decent thing to do.

All I am saying you can be forgiving but do not be too generous with said forgiveness because frankly its disgusting and counterproductive.  What was the purpose for all this then? Keep the distance, remember what wrongs were done as a form of warning and protection to oneself and move on with your life with success.  These people should be able to sleep at night.  I am somewhat excusing Se Ran to a degree because she literally gave her life in order to protect the woman her mother hated, she is being punished by being in a coma for a year +.  So her I would give a sweet to but the others it is coal.

Take care

Guest airgelaal

I think, I can called this ending good. No one die and good characters are happy. If forgiving is a pay, so let it be so.

I'm also quite confused, that they didn't show any romance between leed-couple after they got married. It's looked like revenge from writer if he was the fan of YK and AR couple. There a lot of sweet moments between all secondary couples, but AR and KH were not allowed even to hold hands.

But anyway, it's a good daily drama. No amnesia, no cancer etc...

I have not yet watchthe two last episodes but base on what I am readingright now, I myself don't think the  chairman and Miss GO should be forgiven,this two people were not remorseful at all,  not unstill their sins catch up with them, I have problems with Korea writers, the way they write forgiveness is like committing crimes are welcome probably you say sorry at the end, ridiculous, I wish MISS GO AND THE CHAIRMAN COULD HAVE RIOT IN JAIL because they never stop their sins but keep claiming right and continue their evil ways. 

I am going to try the next drama that follows this one, I really hope it will be exciting. 

Guest airgelaal

I think, miss Go wasn't so bad in the past. She sent money to AR mother. And if didn't know, who is SR father, i think, her life was awful. But with time she forgot about everything/

I believe, that it's important to forgive. There is no place for hate in the life's of good people. But no returning back. It's no, no, no.

But, as I said, is better this kind of the ending. I don't like to see good people alone.

Miss GO wasn't so bad ?she part take  and cohort in stealing someone else long life work and give it to other to share in the profit,which money did she sent to AR mother,when AR mother  almost commit suicide  she was working  from one restaurant to other,been driven out of work from place to place unstill she was lucky enough to find a singing job, MISS GO almost choke AR  to death after sending AR to jail and cause the death of AR and KH parent's, she then now lie that AR father was responsible, I don't even know where to start caughting of MISS GO crimes,  while I believe  forgiveness is good and punishment is left for God to decide , but there are some sins that need to be punish and pay for here on earth first  if not there Will not be any lesson learn from wrong doing. 

Guest airgelaal

I didn't say, that she wasn't bad. She was. But she wasn't so bad as we saw in the last 100 episodes. At least in the past she had some conscience. And anyway, they are in prison. So they pay for their crimes.

I'm happy that we have real happy ending. I hate to watch 50+ episodes only to see how leads suffer for nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post but I watched the finale when it aired in my region last week.  Not sure why the penitentiaries would allow a fashion designer to host sewing workshops for the inmates, it seems like a waste of time and resources given that most seamstress work in prisons is for their own clothing, but I guess AR used her connections to pull it off so she can see GHJ again.  Its kinda silly that she would give back the boutique to GHJ once she gets out, the whole road to redemption is working your way back, serving your prison sentence isn't the only thing to pay your dues, there are plenty of people who struggle to find work after prison due to their record being tainted.  GHJ is just fortunate that she knows people that can network her back to the top, so its cheating her road to redemption.  This shortcut could even taint her character development and she would regress back to the twisted murderer that she was.  I am all for forgiveness but she still killed someone, she shouldn't have an easy road.

The final picture was kinda stupid too but I understand that they wanted the scene to be comical with a whole bunch of people who hate each other to take one giant picture.  And for some reason everyone just magically makes amends and is friends now.  KH and YK hanging out and having drinks pretending like nothings happened between them?  Weird.

The best thing is AR and KH ends up together in the end.  Despite not liking much of the finale, this tops everything that happened.  So many Kdramas crash and burn at the end because they run out of ideas or they have to rush the ending, its nice that the fans get the desirable ending they want.

It would have been nice though that more happened throughout the series.  Only a few of us commented on the end, makes it seem like everyone else gave up because it was too boring.  And 27 pages for a completed almost 120 episode show is pretty poor.  Oh well.

I too had a heart stoppage reading "Ms. Go wasn't so bad."

Let me count the ways:

1) killed DesignerGirl's father

2) stole machine design after killing inventor

3) stole business from partner/inventor, AFTER  killing him and impoverishing his family

4) cheated her new business partner through embezzlement

5)  sent innocent person to jail

6)  assisted daughter in deceiving fiance about daughter's pregnancy

7)  stole fashion designs and rigged competitions

8)  sold fake art to con people and line her pockets

9)  tried to get DesignerGirl's sister fired

enough?  need more?  She was a villainess extraordinaire, one for the KDrama books!

Archived